Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35

dwgbryant

« Reply #465 on: July 03, 2014, 09:24:20 PM »

DPG Series JJ Maduro robusto and coffee. rains have lowered temps to mid 60's.
free AC, evening Dean
I don't like A/C. I want hot and sticky.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #466 on: July 03, 2014, 09:24:45 PM »

The Exile Churchill Maduro has been burning ugly but evening itself out.  No relights yet--though a fair bit of unburned wrapper that the cigar went around has flaked off on me.  Oh well.

So far I'd say it is more straightforward/less complex than the rosado.  Traditional CT broadleaf big old seegar flavors.  Same slightly bitter earthy/coffee core, mild spice/pepper, cedar accents.  Hint of a nutty flavor now and again.  Same with the raisin.  Not bad for a thunderstorm smoke.
Will, didn't you get them dirt cheap on closeout at JR a few years ago?

Yes.  JR and I split the boxes of the Exiles--he got the Maddies and I got the Rosados.  Couldn't tell you what they cost--wild guess in the $60ish range.  The Exile Wireds went on closeout a bit after that and I remember they were cheaper.  Sub $2.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #467 on: July 03, 2014, 09:25:29 PM »

KC - if you're lurking, email to you.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #468 on: July 03, 2014, 09:25:31 PM »

Rafael Gonzalez Tremendo tabaquito! A cigar that makes me want to retrohail, mild medium, nice burn and draw. I want to keep the cigar in my hand, it's hard not to over smoke. It's like loaf of fresh baked bread.
Easy relaxing cigar. It's not giving me complexities to focus on or twists and turns, it's just saying "Serenity Now".

Hopefully you've already seen this, but if not, you're in for a treat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKI_q6MsTxM&feature=kp
Logged

glassken

« Reply #469 on: July 03, 2014, 09:25:57 PM »

Diamond Crown Julius Caeser Toro
5 PACK
ONLY 2 ITEMS LEFT
VIP: $47.95
REGULAR:$61.88
MSRP: $68.76
so the free fall price is a steal.  Thanks Ken
Fred-Bob, these are rather expensive cigars. The Churchill's are $10 more. I may get a 5'er. But, I can get Cubans for less--even though these are really good cigars.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #470 on: July 03, 2014, 09:31:30 PM »

Rafael Gonzalez Tremendo tabaquito! A cigar that makes me want to retrohail, mild medium, nice burn and draw. I want to keep the cigar in my hand, it's hard not to over smoke. It's like loaf of fresh baked bread.
Easy relaxing cigar. It's not giving me complexities to focus on or twists and turns, it's just saying "Serenity Now".

Hopefully you've already seen this, but if not, you're in for a treat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKI_q6MsTxM&feature=kp
my Dad loved that show, thanks for making me think of him. Serenity Now!
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #471 on: July 03, 2014, 09:33:31 PM »

Rafael Gonzalez Tremendo tabaquito! A cigar that makes me want to retrohail, mild medium, nice burn and draw. I want to keep the cigar in my hand, it's hard not to over smoke. It's like loaf of fresh baked bread.
Easy relaxing cigar. It's not giving me complexities to focus on or twists and turns, it's just saying "Serenity Now".
2nd 1/3 and the flavors are building, I'm even happier now. I believe this was from when I was at Casa KC a few years ago.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #472 on: July 03, 2014, 09:36:24 PM »

Rafael Gonzalez Tremendo tabaquito! A cigar that makes me want to retrohail, mild medium, nice burn and draw. I want to keep the cigar in my hand, it's hard not to over smoke. It's like loaf of fresh baked bread.
Easy relaxing cigar. It's not giving me complexities to focus on or twists and turns, it's just saying "Serenity Now".

Hopefully you've already seen this, but if not, you're in for a treat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKI_q6MsTxM&feature=kp
my Dad loved that show, thanks for making me think of him. Serenity Now!

I was never a huge fan.  I appreciate what it did for sitcoms and there are some episodes that work really well, but my comedy tastes run in other directions.  Still, the fake trailers are pretty fantastic, imo.

« Reply #473 on: July 03, 2014, 09:38:50 PM »

Ken - PM
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #474 on: July 03, 2014, 09:40:31 PM »

KC - if you're lurking, email to you.
Backatcha.  Twice.

« Reply #475 on: July 03, 2014, 09:42:31 PM »

Evening, all. Just a drive-by. On my way to help some friends who are secretly restoring my dad's old truck. Truck was my grandfather's, then my dad's. We got it recently from the guy my dad sold it to 20 years ago. Got it stripped down to the frame.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #476 on: July 03, 2014, 09:43:24 PM »

KC - if you're lurking, email to you.
Backatcha.  Twice.

Evening, KC.  What's on fire?
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #477 on: July 03, 2014, 09:47:19 PM »

Hey KC, Rafael Gonzalez going here. Was it you?
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #478 on: July 03, 2014, 09:48:40 PM »

Evening, all. Just a drive-by. On my way to help some friends who are secretly restoring my dad's old truck. Truck was my grandfather's, then my dad's. We got it recently from the guy my dad sold it to 20 years ago. Got it stripped down to the frame.
cool, now we need pix.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #479 on: July 03, 2014, 09:49:51 PM »

Bret, PM
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35