glassken

« Reply #450 on: July 03, 2014, 08:54:14 PM »

Hey Ken, How was that Julius Caesar you had a while back? I just got a 5 pack on bid free fall for $39.76.
Fred-Bob, I thought it very good. That is about half what Famous is selling 5er's for. Very good cigar. After all, it is a Diamond Crown. Made by J.C. Newman cigars. Julius Caesar Newman was J.C.'s real name-spelled that way too! Again, very good cigar! You may want to get Craig's opinion, he sent it to me. KC smoked one too, and loved it.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #451 on: July 03, 2014, 08:55:22 PM »

Big rain and thunder round 1 is done.  Radar doesn't show anything moving in for a while, not that those guys are right more than once a week. Not nearly as much as last night.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #452 on: July 03, 2014, 08:59:24 PM »

Good evening. A rare two cigar day for me. Got to get in shape for vacation smokathon.
Este tabaco es un Bon Bon
Logged

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #453 on: July 03, 2014, 09:00:05 PM »

Hey Ken, How was that Julius Caesar you had a while back? I just got a 5 pack on bid free fall for $39.76.
Fred-Bob, I thought it very good. That is about half what Famous is selling 5er's for. Very good cigar. After all, it is a Diamond Crown. Made by J.C. Newman cigars. Julius Caesar Newman was J.C.'s real name-spelled that way too! Again, very good cigar! You may want to get Craig's opinion, he sent it to me. KC smoked one too, and loved it.
2nd that..Craig sent me one as well. Very good, IMFO
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #454 on: July 03, 2014, 09:03:13 PM »

Hey Ken, How was that Julius Caesar you had a while back? I just got a 5 pack on bid free fall for $39.76.
Fred-Bob, I thought it very good. That is about half what Famous is selling 5er's for. Very good cigar. After all, it is a Diamond Crown. Made by J.C. Newman cigars. Julius Caesar Newman was J.C.'s real name-spelled that way too! Again, very good cigar! You may want to get Craig's opinion, he sent it to me. KC smoked one too, and loved it.
Shit, I may have to go back and get a couple more.  Can't beat that price.  They are $37.50 for 3 on the jam.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #455 on: July 03, 2014, 09:05:45 PM »

Hey Ken, How was that Julius Caesar you had a while back? I just got a 5 pack on bid free fall for $39.76.
Fred-Bob, I thought it very good. That is about half what Famous is selling 5er's for. Very good cigar. After all, it is a Diamond Crown. Made by J.C. Newman cigars. Julius Caesar Newman was J.C.'s real name-spelled that way too! Again, very good cigar! You may want to get Craig's opinion, he sent it to me. KC smoked one too, and loved it.
Shit, I may have to go back and get a couple more.  Can't beat that price.  They are $37.50 for 3 on the jam.
Fred-Bob, I'm going to check what they are at Atlantic VIP.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #456 on: July 03, 2014, 09:07:21 PM »

The Exile Churchill Maduro has been burning ugly but evening itself out.  No relights yet--though a fair bit of unburned wrapper that the cigar went around has flaked off on me.  Oh well.

So far I'd say it is more straightforward/less complex than the rosado.  Traditional CT broadleaf big old seegar flavors.  Same slightly bitter earthy/coffee core, mild spice/pepper, cedar accents.  Hint of a nutty flavor now and again.  Same with the raisin.  Not bad for a thunderstorm smoke.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #457 on: July 03, 2014, 09:07:45 PM »

Hey Ken, How was that Julius Caesar you had a while back? I just got a 5 pack on bid free fall for $39.76.
Fred-Bob, I thought it very good. That is about half what Famous is selling 5er's for. Very good cigar. After all, it is a Diamond Crown. Made by J.C. Newman cigars. Julius Caesar Newman was J.C.'s real name-spelled that way too! Again, very good cigar! You may want to get Craig's opinion, he sent it to me. KC smoked one too, and loved it.
Shit, I may have to go back and get a couple more.  Can't beat that price.  They are $37.50 for 3 on the jam.
Fred-Bob, I'm going to check what they are at Atlantic VIP.
Yo VIP, word.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #458 on: July 03, 2014, 09:08:58 PM »

Rafael Gonzalez Tremendo tabaquito! A cigar that makes me want to retrohail, mild medium, nice burn and draw. I want to keep the cigar in my hand, it's hard not to over smoke. It's like loaf of fresh baked bread.

Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #459 on: July 03, 2014, 09:10:34 PM »

The Exile Churchill Maduro has been burning ugly but evening itself out.  No relights yet--though a fair bit of unburned wrapper that the cigar went around has flaked off on me.  Oh well.

So far I'd say it is more straightforward/less complex than the rosado.  Traditional CT broadleaf big old seegar flavors.  Same slightly bitter earthy/coffee core, mild spice/pepper, cedar accents.  Hint of a nutty flavor now and again.  Same with the raisin.  Not bad for a thunderstorm smoke.
Will, didn't you get them dirt cheap on closeout at JR a few years ago?
Logged

glassken

« Reply #460 on: July 03, 2014, 09:11:00 PM »

Diamond Crown Julius Caeser Toro
5 PACK
ONLY 2 ITEMS LEFT
VIP: $47.95
REGULAR:$61.88
MSRP: $68.76
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #461 on: July 03, 2014, 09:15:30 PM »

DPG Series JJ Maduro robusto and coffee. rains have lowered temps to mid 60's.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #462 on: July 03, 2014, 09:18:32 PM »

Diamond Crown Julius Caeser Toro
5 PACK
ONLY 2 ITEMS LEFT
VIP: $47.95
REGULAR:$61.88
MSRP: $68.76
so the free fall price is a steal.  Thanks Ken
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #463 on: July 03, 2014, 09:20:47 PM »

DPG Series JJ Maduro robusto and coffee. rains have lowered temps to mid 60's.
free AC, evening Dean
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #464 on: July 03, 2014, 09:21:39 PM »

Rafael Gonzalez Tremendo tabaquito! A cigar that makes me want to retrohail, mild medium, nice burn and draw. I want to keep the cigar in my hand, it's hard not to over smoke. It's like loaf of fresh baked bread.
Easy relaxing cigar. It's not giving me complexities to focus on or twists and turns, it's just saying "Serenity Now".