BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #315 on: July 03, 2014, 12:28:02 PM »

Scottie... you ever get those drumsticks?

« Reply #316 on: July 03, 2014, 12:30:40 PM »

Just back, power went out to my building for almost an hour

Cool story.  What'd ya get at the liquor store yesterday?
Monthly liquor run for the house, no good beer to speak of except 2 ST Chokolats for a certain CA resident

Nice!  Still planning on picking your stuff up today.  If not today, early next week.  Depends on how motivated I'm feeling when I get outta here.  Kinda want a PB stout for myself this afternoon...
I hear ya, I won't get the package out until next week. Still have to get the Horny Goat this afternoon, god knows these beers can't all be in one store

Right?!  Always how it works.  My go to shop always has the SinTax in stock, except the last time we traded they didn't.  I'd call ahead to be sure they have it, but it's not like I won't find something else I want instead.  I'm in the mood for something totally new to me today, too, so maybe no PB stout for me.
I hope to find the Stone Grapefruit in my travels today

Let me know if you do.  If not I can always send one of those out to you, too.  I'm not sure if those Stochasticity Projects are all one offs or not, because there's a new one out at the moment.  Just came out, though, so I'm sure the Grapefruit Slams are still out there if that's the case.  Really eager to try the Grapefruit Sculpin.
Agreed, hope we get that in our area...that's one of the good brands they let us enjoy.

It's funny, because for as popular as Stone is, I really don't drink their stuff much.  Not that I don't like it but it's EVERYWHERE, so when I find something new/interesting on a shelf, I generally take a Stone beer out of the cart.  I do like their "Enjoy By" IPA quite a bit, and I have a small growler of bourbon barrel aged Arrogant Bastard that I'll have this weekend, too.
That's a good point, I started drinking a lot of their stuff when they lead the craft charge. Seems they're trying to catch up from newer stuff passing them by a bit, still mostly quality stuff

« Reply #317 on: July 03, 2014, 12:31:45 PM »

Scottie... you ever get those drumsticks?
No, still in my cart over there. I looked today and should probably pull the trigger. The Eminentes made a big impression and I like a lancero
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #318 on: July 03, 2014, 12:34:35 PM »

[...]

Curious to see how many of these new breweries actually stick around.  Craft beer is incredibly popular right now but there's only so much room in the marketplace.  These smaller guys need to put out some really crazy stuff to get noticed.  Stone kinda plays it safe, more of a "slow and steady" approach.  They do some really interesting stuff at their breweries but they seem to only bottle the staples.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #319 on: July 03, 2014, 12:39:13 PM »

Well I am off to the cabin, everyone have a great 4th!

'merica!
enjoy.

Hey, Dean. I saw these earlier on the bid, and you seem to enjoy them on the regular. Not sure if this is the preffered vitola, but thought I'd ask what you thought about the price. 10/49.37

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1790518/Partagas-Black-Label-Clasico-Box-of-10/
good price, good size.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #320 on: July 03, 2014, 12:45:13 PM »

Afternoon gents, Julius Caesars are free falling for $39.76 a 5er. Anyone have an opinion on them?

« Reply #321 on: July 03, 2014, 12:46:08 PM »

[...]

Yes, mimics the cigar industry. Will get some really good breweries out of it but they won't all last. Raises the bar for the staples also
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #322 on: July 03, 2014, 12:49:07 PM »

[...]

Yep, we all win with all the competition.  I like that the companies are able to experiment relatively easily with their beers, too.  Try a batch of something.  If it doesn't work... o'well, try something else.  Don't need to commit years to the process like you would cigars or whiskey.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #323 on: July 03, 2014, 12:50:35 PM »

Afternoon gents, Julius Caesars are free falling for $39.76 a 5er. Anyone have an opinion on them?

Afternoon, Fred. Never had these, but they better be PFG for eight bucks! haha
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #324 on: July 03, 2014, 12:53:54 PM »

Afternoon gents, Julius Caesars are free falling for $39.76 a 5er. Anyone have an opinion on them?

Afternoon, Fred. Never had these, but they better be PFG for eight bucks! haha
jam price is $37.50 for 3.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #325 on: July 03, 2014, 01:05:12 PM »

Afternoon gents, Julius Caesars are free falling for $39.76 a 5er. Anyone have an opinion on them?

Afternoon, Fred. Never had these, but they better be PFG for eight bucks! haha
jam price is $37.50 for 3.

I regularly give @8 for a Hemingway, so I'd try one of these since they are Fuente "family"... 5, I'm thinking a little longer.

« Reply #326 on: July 03, 2014, 01:11:19 PM »

Afternoon gents, Julius Caesars are free falling for $39.76 a 5er. Anyone have an opinion on them?
Someone was saying good things about them yesterday, I think.  Maybe day before?
Logged

glassken

« Reply #327 on: July 03, 2014, 01:11:54 PM »

birthday eherf tonight Ken?
Not sure Dean. I'm pretty sure I'll smoke a cigar, but warden wants to go out of town--or go to the movies. It's rare that she is off the day after I get home, so we are gonna do something tonight.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #328 on: July 03, 2014, 01:14:47 PM »

Happy Birthday Ken
Thanks, Dave, Scot and Dave for the B-day wishes!

I wanna pile on, too!  Happy birthday, Ken.  Smoke, drink, and give the wife hell, lol.
HaHa, thanks Joe. The latter, is a given!

« Reply #329 on: July 03, 2014, 01:16:04 PM »

Second cup of coffee.  This is going to be a red-letter banter day for me.  By some twist of fate, almost everything I should do today requires other people who are not here because it's the day before a holiday.  So...I'm going to complete another training course while bantering, drinking coffee, and trying to talk myself into buying the cigars I've talked myself out of buying the past couple of days.