CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35

Author Topic: 7/3/2014  (Read 77025 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #240 on: July 03, 2014, 11:03:37 AM »

And good morning, Flip.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #241 on: July 03, 2014, 11:04:47 AM »

Morning, all.  Gotta love shortened work weeks.  Hoping to get outta here extra early today, boss is usually good about it before a holiday.  Gotta get to Ballast Point and fill my growler for the weekend and get to smokin'.
Mornin' Joe. Hard to tell with my boss. He might let us out early or he could well be a dick and keep us till 3:30. Whatever.

Even if mine doesn't let us leave early, he'll be gone early and we'll just follow him out the door.  And if that still doesn't work I'll just protest and drink beer at the office, haha.  Not that worried about it, got a three day weekend so nothing's getting me down today!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #242 on: July 03, 2014, 11:04:48 AM »

Good morning, gentlemen.
Hi Tony (from Geno)
Alright that's enough already.
I should look over what I cut and paste.
Good morning, Tom.  Don't be so self conscious about the Geno.  I'm sure the name exists.  Shit, I think there's a frozen pizza out there called Geno's.  I was just stating that the name doesn't exist in Italy.  I once knew a guy named Geovanni.  Based on that spelling, I knew he wasn't Italian.  One more quick story...  Someone I worked with wanted to name her son something really ethnic because they were 4th or 5th generation Italian.  They went with Guiseppe.  It looks like the real deal but in Italy would be pronounced Gooey-sep-eh.  As opposed to the authentic Giuseppe which would be pronounced jew-sep-eh and translate to Joseph.  I warned her she was making a mistake and she figured no one would know the difference.  I'm sure that's what happened with Geno too.
Most wouldn't know the difference, but most are dumbasses. 

I'm not Italian, but I've got a lot of close friends who are, so I try to have the rispetto to get the pronuncia right. Capisci?

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #243 on: July 03, 2014, 11:04:54 AM »

in trouble over on cigarbid.com, got a
bunch of bids I'm winning for mayimbe and pinoleros.
They don't come cheap.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #244 on: July 03, 2014, 11:06:12 AM »

Love the way Chip snuck in Ken's birthday in the middle of the list.  Looks like a lot of famous folks have the exact same date, including Tom Cruise.  Wonder if Ken has ever jumped on Oprah's couch?  Boy does that sound like a euphemism or what?
Jumping on Oprah's couch is okay. Jumping on Oprah is okay.

Jumping Oprah - not okay.
Good morning, Bret.  Weird thing happened when you quoted my post, I was notified via Tapatalk.  Is that something I turned on or did you do that?  Only happened for this post.
Notifications are turned on in the app by default.  It'll annoy the hell out of you.  You can configure which, if any, you want to receive in the app settings. 

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #245 on: July 03, 2014, 11:09:09 AM »

made a big bowl of pico di gallo (fresh salsa) last night, brought some into work today...

Nice to see someone back east appreciate fresh salsa!  I know I didn't when I lived back there.
Everybody always asks, how do you make this,
so here are the ingredients:

1 can of tomato paste
Technically, the tomato paste makes it salsa fresca, and not pico de gallo.  But we won't be picky.  Thanks for the recipe.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #246 on: July 03, 2014, 11:09:17 AM »

Morning, all.  Gotta love shortened work weeks.  Hoping to get outta here extra early today, boss is usually good about it before a holiday.  Gotta get to Ballast Point and fill my growler for the weekend and get to smokin'.
Mornin' Joe. Hard to tell with my boss. He might let us out early or he could well be a dick and keep us till 3:30. Whatever.

Even if mine doesn't let us leave early, he'll be gone early and we'll just follow him out the door.  And if that still doesn't work I'll just protest and drink beer at the office, haha.  Not that worried about it, got a three day weekend so nothing's getting me down today!
Same here....3 day weekend, the monsoon is moving in so rain in the forecast. Love it.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #247 on: July 03, 2014, 11:09:50 AM »

They don't come cheap.

I loved the Mayimbe I'd gotten from Jersey/Travellin Dave.  What are they going for at CigarBid?  Not that I'm gonna buy any, just curious. 

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #248 on: July 03, 2014, 11:10:10 AM »

made a big bowl of pico di gallo (fresh salsa) last night, brought some into work today...

Nice to see someone back east appreciate fresh salsa!  I know I didn't when I lived back there.

1 can of tomato paste
Technically, the tomato paste makes it salsa fresca, and not pico de gallo.  But we won't be picky.  Thanks for the recipe.
:)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #249 on: July 03, 2014, 11:10:34 AM »

And speaking of Josephs, good morning, sir.

Morning, Tony.  Saw some extended family last week on vacation - at one point there were 5 Joes/Josephs in the room.  Confusing as hell.  Most people call me Joe, except my family who calls me Joseph, except for when my kid's around and they call him Joseph and me Joe to keep us separate.  Except for when my dad's around and he's Joe and I'm Joseph to keep us separate.  Sometimes my kid is "little Joe", except that's what I always was growing up when my dad was around.  Older relatives were calling me little Joe, and my kid, too, who was confused because nobody ever calls him Joe.
Shit, I didn't follow a thing you just said.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #250 on: July 03, 2014, 11:12:14 AM »

They don't come cheap.
Ruh-roh!  If you need to unload some Pinoleros, I might be able to help.  ;D

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #251 on: July 03, 2014, 11:13:52 AM »

Same here....3 day weekend, the monsoon is moving in so rain in the forecast. Love it.
Killing me.  The thing I miss most about Tucson is the monsoon.  I'm sure I've said this before, ad nauseum. 

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #252 on: July 03, 2014, 11:18:22 AM »

1 can of tomato paste
:)
Oops, should have said the tomato paste makes it salsa roja.  A Mexican friend here at work advises that salsa fresca and pico de gallo are the same thing.  Both use only uncooked ingredients.  I stand revised.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #253 on: July 03, 2014, 11:18:24 AM »

Killing me.  The thing I miss most about Tucson is the monsoon.  I'm sure I've said this before, ad nauseum.
About as many times as I've mentioned how much I love it so we're even.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #254 on: July 03, 2014, 11:19:21 AM »

Whew, just checked to make sure there's no rain in our forecast this weekend.  85 and sunny, exactly what I like to see.  Screw the rain.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35