« Reply #225 on: July 03, 2014, 10:44:18 AM »

made a big bowl of pico di gallo (fresh salsa) last night, brought some into work today...

« Reply #226 on: July 03, 2014, 10:45:43 AM »

Morning, all.  Gotta love shortened work weeks.  Hoping to get outta here extra early today, boss is usually good about it before a holiday.  Gotta get to Ballast Point and fill my growler for the weekend and get to smokin'.
sounds like a plan, should pick up some fresh beer, stuff in the fridge, has been there a while.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #227 on: July 03, 2014, 10:47:45 AM »

Morning, all.  Gotta love shortened work weeks.  Hoping to get outta here extra early today, boss is usually good about it before a holiday.  Gotta get to Ballast Point and fill my growler for the weekend and get to smokin'.
sounds like a plan, should pick up some fresh beer, stuff in the fridge, has been there a while.

Exactly.  What fun is it drinking beer you already have?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #228 on: July 03, 2014, 10:48:25 AM »

made a big bowl of pico di gallo (fresh salsa) last night, brought some into work today...

Nice to see someone back east appreciate fresh salsa!  I know I didn't when I lived back there.

« Reply #229 on: July 03, 2014, 10:49:51 AM »

Good morning, gentlemen.
Hi Tony (from Geno)
Alright that's enough already.
I should look over what I cut and paste.
Good morning, Tom.  Don't be so self conscious about the Geno.  I'm sure the name exists.  Shit, I think there's a frozen pizza out there called Geno's.  I was just stating that the name doesn't exist in Italy.  I once knew a guy named Geovanni.  Based on that spelling, I knew he wasn't Italian.  One more quick story...  Someone I worked with wanted to name her son something really ethnic because they were 4th or 5th generation Italian.  They went with Guiseppe.  It looks like the real deal but in Italy would be pronounced Gooey-sep-eh.  As opposed to the authentic Giuseppe which would be pronounced jew-sep-eh and translate to Joseph.  I warned her she was making a mistake and she figured no one would know the difference.  I'm sure that's what happened with Geno too.

« Reply #230 on: July 03, 2014, 10:50:26 AM »

Morning, all.  Gotta love shortened work weeks.  Hoping to get outta here extra early today, boss is usually good about it before a holiday.  Gotta get to Ballast Point and fill my growler for the weekend and get to smokin'.
I'll be lucky to get out an hour early today.  Oh well.

Morning, Joe.

« Reply #231 on: July 03, 2014, 10:50:48 AM »

Mornin' folks.
Hiya Dave.  Good morning to you too, Shaun.

« Reply #232 on: July 03, 2014, 10:52:53 AM »

Love the way Chip snuck in Ken's birthday in the middle of the list.  Looks like a lot of famous folks have the exact same date, including Tom Cruise.  Wonder if Ken has ever jumped on Oprah's couch?  Boy does that sound like a euphemism or what?
Jumping on Oprah's couch is okay. Jumping on Oprah is okay.

Jumping Oprah - not okay.
Good morning, Bret.  Weird thing happened when you quoted my post, I was notified via Tapatalk.  Is that something I turned on or did you do that?  Only happened for this post.

« Reply #233 on: July 03, 2014, 10:53:05 AM »

made a big bowl of pico di gallo (fresh salsa) last night, brought some into work today...
I make mine with habañeros, jalapeños and serranos.  I could bring it to work, but no one but me would touch it.  Buncha pansies I work with.

You add a little oil to yours, or no?

« Reply #234 on: July 03, 2014, 10:55:44 AM »

Mornin' folks.
Mornin Dave!
Mornin' Shaun......you cuttin' out early today?
Absolutely!  Wife is doing a load of laundry now, estimating leaving around 11 or so!
Have a good trip...
Thanks bud, only thing that would make it better was if the wife could pack faster :)

« Reply #235 on: July 03, 2014, 10:59:43 AM »

made a big bowl of pico di gallo (fresh salsa) last night, brought some into work today...

Nice to see someone back east appreciate fresh salsa!  I know I didn't when I lived back there.
Everybody always asks, how do you make this,
so here are the ingredients:

1 can of tomato paste
juice of 2 limes
balsamic vinegar
4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
½ bunch of cilantro, leaves and stems, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper
6  jalapeno peppers (seeds removed)
1 Vidalia onion
1 red onion
about a dozen plum tomatoes.

mix the first 3 ingredients, it the bottom of a large bowl
adding enough balsamic vinegar to thin out the tomato paste.
finely chop the peppers(cut the jalapeno very fine chop – a
1/8 of an inch) and the onions and cilantro, add to the
bowl and mix well.

finely chop the tomatoes adding half to the bowl
then sprinkling with sea salt.  fold them into the mixture.
add the rest of the tomatoes, more salt about a teaspoon,
and mix together to distribute the tomatoes into
the mixture in the bowl.

refrigerate overnight at least.  flavors need to marry.

You may use different types of tomatoes, adding cherry,  grape, on the vine,
and beefsteak or large jersey.  only make it tastier.  twice as much tomatoes
can be added to the above amount of onions & peppers. you can also add
orange , green and or red bell peppers.  yesterday yellow peppers were on sale,
and the jalapeno came in a big package, so I added more than the usual 3 I use
and cut back on the others.   hot sauce can be added, but I will serve it on the
side, once you put it in,  you can’t take it out!

« Reply #236 on: July 03, 2014, 10:59:51 AM »

And speaking of Josephs, good morning, sir.

« Reply #237 on: July 03, 2014, 11:02:52 AM »

made a big bowl of pico di gallo (fresh salsa) last night, brought some into work today...
I make mine with habañeros, jalapeños and serranos.  I could bring it to work, but no one but me would touch it.  Buncha pansies I work with.

You add a little oil to yours, or no?
recipe in another post, balsamic vinegar,
if you are adding olive oil, you are making bruschetta with cilantro.
swap the cilantro for flat leaf italian parley, real spicey bruschetta.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 7/3/2014
« Reply #238 on: July 03, 2014, 11:02:52 AM »

Morning, all.  Gotta love shortened work weeks.  Hoping to get outta here extra early today, boss is usually good about it before a holiday.  Gotta get to Ballast Point and fill my growler for the weekend and get to smokin'.
Mornin' Joe. Hard to tell with my boss. He might let us out early or he could well be a dick and keep us till 3:30. Whatever.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #239 on: July 03, 2014, 11:03:07 AM »

And speaking of Josephs, good morning, sir.

Morning, Tony.  Saw some extended family last week on vacation - at one point there were 5 Joes/Josephs in the room.  Confusing as hell.  Most people call me Joe, except my family who calls me Joseph, except for when my kid's around and they call him Joseph and me Joe to keep us separate.  Except for when my dad's around and he's Joe and I'm Joseph to keep us separate.  Sometimes my kid is "little Joe", except that's what I always was growing up when my dad was around.  Older relatives were calling me little Joe, and my kid, too, who was confused because nobody ever calls him Joe.