CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36

Author Topic: 7/2/2014  (Read 100915 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 7/2/2014
« Reply #450 on: July 02, 2014, 09:12:20 PM »

Brick House Maduro toro lit next, with a "Dark Seduction" ale.  Good pairing.
Damn. That sounds about perfect.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #451 on: July 02, 2014, 09:18:06 PM »

My musicians stories mostly deal with members of heavy metal acts from the 80s. 

A bit of backstory:

Growing up, my friend's father was the sound man for Twisted Sister.  He had a very cool house, lots of Eastern decor and crazy shit, not like everyone else's house.  He also had a sound room with a sound system wired throughout every room (basement and attic, too).  He was a very cool guy to us kids, too.  No prohibitions on cursing, drinking, smoking, etc. 

You'd think that would make his kid have bad behavior or something, but it didn't.  His main rule was don't be an asshole and it worked.  Free to do whatever it was you wanted as long as you weren't an asshole.  We weren't getting hammered there in grade school or anything, but a safe place to drink beer and smoke in high school?  Absolutely. 

Apparently he was a very cool guy with the adults, too, because people would stop in whenever they were in town.  I'd ride my bike over there with a 12 pack in my backpack and Eddie Ojeda and Dee Snider would be hanging out (or whoever it happened to be that day).  Want to stay for steaks with the guitarists for Rob Halford's new band?  We'll just throw another one on. 

Very much every day life with semi-famous people hanging out for a few hours.
I've found this to be the case with most of the artists I've hung with.

Except Lars Ulrich. He's an asshole.

Indeed. 

Not that I ever met Lars, but from everything I've ever seen from him appears to confirm that.  And he also can't drum worth a damn, too. 

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #452 on: July 02, 2014, 09:19:02 PM »

DAMN that was some lightening.  You guys should have been here to see it.  Maybe I should go for a quick round of golf.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #453 on: July 02, 2014, 09:20:13 PM »

My musicians stories mostly deal with members of heavy metal acts from the 80s. 

A bit of backstory:

Growing up, my friend's father was the sound man for Twisted Sister.  He had a very cool house, lots of Eastern decor and crazy shit, not like everyone else's house.  He also had a sound room with a sound system wired throughout every room (basement and attic, too).  He was a very cool guy to us kids, too.  No prohibitions on cursing, drinking, smoking, etc. 

You'd think that would make his kid have bad behavior or something, but it didn't.  His main rule was don't be an asshole and it worked.  Free to do whatever it was you wanted as long as you weren't an asshole.  We weren't getting hammered there in grade school or anything, but a safe place to drink beer and smoke in high school?  Absolutely. 

Apparently he was a very cool guy with the adults, too, because people would stop in whenever they were in town.  I'd ride my bike over there with a 12 pack in my backpack and Eddie Ojeda and Dee Snider would be hanging out (or whoever it happened to be that day).  Want to stay for steaks with the guitarists for Rob Halford's new band?  We'll just throw another one on. 

Very much every day life with semi-famous people hanging out for a few hours.
Great memories, Will.  And Eddie went on to make some great cigars with his buddy, Erik Estrada.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #454 on: July 02, 2014, 09:22:47 PM »

It really is, Raz.  My first BH maduro.  The beer is according to the chalkboard "semi-sweet chocolate with Hazelnut coffee. Refreshing." 6.0%

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #455 on: July 02, 2014, 09:26:22 PM »

DAMN that was some lightening.  You guys should have been here to see it.  Maybe I should go for a quick round of golf.
Be sure to shelter under a tree...

glassken

« Reply #456 on: July 02, 2014, 09:27:48 PM »

H.Upmann - Magnum 46  Box 50 US$  351.00     
Length: 5.63"  /  Ring Guage: 46.00

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #457 on: July 02, 2014, 09:28:43 PM »

It really is, Raz.  My first BH maduro.  The beer is according to the chalkboard "semi-sweet chocolate with Hazelnut coffee. Refreshing." 6.0%
I've had the Dark Seduction, but not the BH maduro. I gotta get around to those.

Okay, finally got to my car. Ugly fuckin' traffic out there. Gotta drive home now. Fifteen more minutes.

dogdays

« Reply #458 on: July 02, 2014, 09:29:21 PM »

Evening Ken & Mikey ! . is that a good price ? .

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #459 on: July 02, 2014, 09:33:16 PM »

Evening, Mikeybreath.  Burning an old Exile Perfection Rosado.  Very nice classic seegar flavors, big old smoke.  3 relights (thanks for distracting the roller) so far, but hasn't horked up the flavor.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #460 on: July 02, 2014, 09:34:19 PM »

Not a bad price there.  Thinking about picking up a cab?

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #461 on: July 02, 2014, 09:36:04 PM »

I've had the Dark Seduction, but not the BH maduro. I gotta get around to those.

Okay, finally got to my car. Ugly fuckin' traffic out there. Gotta drive home now. Fifteen more minutes.
Give me nuthin' but good lookin' traffic.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #462 on: July 02, 2014, 09:40:38 PM »

Evening, Mikeybreath.  Burning an old Exile Perfection Rosado.  Very nice classic seegar flavors, big old smoke.  3 relights (thanks for distracting the roller) so far, but hasn't horked up the flavor.
Had a few of those myself - PSD.  They were and are a good value. Big ol' smoke.  Usually use the drawpoker on them.  Got some of the Exile Wired somewhere.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #463 on: July 02, 2014, 09:43:26 PM »

Evening Ken & Mikey ! . is that a good price ? .
Evening dd.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #464 on: July 02, 2014, 09:44:58 PM »

Had a few of those myself - PSD.  They were and are a good value. Big ol' smoke.  Usually use the drawpoker on them.  Got some of the Exile Wired somewhere.

I've got a few of the Rosado and Maduros left.  And some of those Wired coronas, too.  Draw hasn't been an issue once passed the bub, but they tend not to burn straight.  This one going out a bunch is a rarity from what I remember. 

Well, its done and time for another smoke. 
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36