CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36

Author Topic: 7/2/2014  (Read 100956 times)

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/2/2014
« Reply #420 on: July 02, 2014, 08:13:55 PM »

snip
Can I tell my Grateful Dead story?  PS, Oy, I just smoked the Wynwood on a fresh palate (no cigar yesterday).  It was a fine smoke, I enjoyed it with a RB Witbier.  Good pairing.  Very hot & humid here today.

Which Wynwood?
From Oy.  Label had a person/woman with a rabbit head on Ike an Indian with a buffalo head on), label was pain spattered ... about a corona gorda.

Pain spattered?  Sheesh.  Oy putting Pain on his cigars.

Probably was the same one he sent me, the Coneja.  Very nice smoke.  Crazy ridiculous MSRP, but an excellent deal when King was closing them out for $4/ea. 

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #421 on: July 02, 2014, 08:14:43 PM »

Evening sly, how's the shnazola?
Better thanks. Not quite normal. (The story of my life).
What is this 'normal' of which you speak?
Being able to  breathe without wheezing, coughing. & clear in the sinuses.  I think it's a mold allergy related to where I am staying.  Not feeling it here on Rock Bottom patio.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #422 on: July 02, 2014, 08:17:33 PM »

snip
Can I tell my Grateful Dead story?  PS, Oy, I just smoked the Wynwood on a fresh palate (no cigar yesterday).  It was a fine smoke, I enjoyed it with a RB Witbier.  Good pairing.  Very hot & humid here today.

Which Wynwood?
From Oy.  Label had a person/woman with a rabbit head on Ike an Indian with a buffalo head on), label was pain spattered ... about a corona gorda.

Probably was the same one he sent me, the Coneja.  Very nice smoke.  Crazy ridiculous MSRP, but an excellent deal when King was closing them out for $4/ea.
thats the one.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #423 on: July 02, 2014, 08:17:43 PM »

snip

Which Wynwood?
Had a $7.95 price label.  Will, all kidding aside, I enjoyed your description of the Exile Rosado ... sounds like it had some tasty flavors.  "Paint" ... you had to look close to see that.  Who makes the Wynwood?

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #424 on: July 02, 2014, 08:18:40 PM »

Oh, my lost post on the Exile was something like:

Real classic seegar flavor.  Medium bodied, pretty full flavored if not palate battering like so many of the smokes we usually enjoy.  Slightly sweet tobacco, nice amount of general spiciness, decent mix of traditional core notes.  No overpowering pepper or anything at any point, the retro is just medium spiciness, maybe some cedar.  Fairly rich and savory, long finish.   

Just a very satisfying everyday type classic smoke.  It would be perfect for all day BBQ or handicapping, etc.  Shame it just doesn't have slightly better construction.  I still have a few of each wrapper left, so maybe I'll have the maduro during tomorrow's thunderstorm.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #425 on: July 02, 2014, 08:19:48 PM »

snip

Which Wynwood?

I thought I was having a flashback. Or he was. Or something. Am I here?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #426 on: July 02, 2014, 08:20:51 PM »

Real classic seegar flavor.  Medium bodied, pretty full flavored if not palate battering like so many of the smokes we usually enjoy.  Slightly sweet tobacco, nice amount of general spiciness, decent mix of traditional core notes.  No overpowering pepper or anything at any point, the retro is just medium spiciness, maybe some cedar.  Fairly rich and savory, long finish.   

Just a very satisfying everyday type classic smoke.  It would be perfect for all day BBQ or handicapping, etc.  Shame it just doesn't have slightly better construction.  I still have a few of each wrapper left, so maybe I'll have the maduro during tomorrow's thunderstorm.
Does it taste like a cigar?

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #427 on: July 02, 2014, 08:23:32 PM »

snip

Which Wynwood?
Had a $7.95 price label.  Will, all kidding aside, I enjoyed your description of the Exile Rosado ... sounds like it had some tasty flavors.  "Paint" ... you had to look close to see that.  Who makes the Wynwood?

Sly, you need to get the post on the outside of the quote tags.  CB must've slipped that one in there.  I think the full box price was over $200, because they had hand painted boxes and such. 

It is an Eiroa smoke, formerly made in the Wynwood Art Gallery thing in Miami.  They moved production to his new factory in Tampa? I think.    The whole idea was to do factory fresh smokes--so they'd roll them and ship them.  It was aged tobacco, 4 or 5 years old, but supposed to get to you within 2 weeks of being rolled, so you could really experience the whole age range and how it changed the flavor.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #428 on: July 02, 2014, 08:24:01 PM »

Does it taste like a cigar?

Let me check.

Nope.  Thunderstorm tastes like water.

dwgbryant

« Reply #429 on: July 02, 2014, 08:33:14 PM »

My fist one ever......had it in the humi lose to 3 years. Starting out ok, but not sure I get all the love this cigar gets.
very well made, very smooth, after the first 1/2" the bitter finish has gone. Oily nutty smoke. It's getting better.
nice wood, pepper, anise and Novocain.....my mouth feels numb

In the middle third, the LSD kicks in.  Then it gets interesting.
i thought that was on the band
Uh...where did you buy these, again?

I get most of mine from Grateful Dead tribute concerts.   Why, where else do they sell them?
Greatful Dead LSD story. Dropped some liquid before a Dead concert and was tripping balls. I almost got to the edge, but told myself "if you make it past the drum solo, you will be ok". I made it, but not sure I'm ok.
Any Grateful Dead story you can tell with any certainty likely didn't happen.
I went to Rich Stadium in Buffalo to see them. don't know how I got there, what happened, or how I got home. not really sure I even went.

dogdays

« Reply #430 on: July 02, 2014, 08:35:06 PM »

My fist one ever......had it in the humi lose to 3 years. Starting out ok, but not sure I get all the love this cigar gets.
very well made, very smooth, after the first 1/2" the bitter finish has gone. Oily nutty smoke. It's getting better.

I get most of mine from Grateful Dead tribute concerts.   Why, where else do they sell them?
Greatful Dead LSD story. Dropped some liquid before a Dead concert and was tripping balls. I almost got to the edge, but told myself "if you make it past the drum solo, you will be ok". I made it, but not sure I'm ok.
I went to Rich Stadium in Buffalo to see them. don't know how I got there, what happened, or how I got home. not really sure I even went.
LMAO ! .

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #431 on: July 02, 2014, 08:35:48 PM »

Any Grateful Dead story you can tell with any certainty likely didn't happen./// If you insist, this one was quite clear, except for the exact personnel.  Jerry did not join us, but Phil Lesh, Bob Weir & others were there.  I worked in the concert hall at my college where they played.  (because of that I occasionally got invited to after parties.). They had enjoyed playing so much, had a break in the schedule and announced that would be back for the next couple days and would play for free, so they weren't in a hurry to break things down.  I told them that there was a really cool lake behind the hall & would show them the way down there, if they were up for an adventure.  I knew the pathways through the woods, had good night vision (full moon)(hence they named me the Pathfinder).  I led them down the rabbit hole to the lakes edge and we sat down on the sandy edge & hung out. Some natural substances were burned, some conversation ensued.  I pulled out my harmonica and played while the steam rose from moon shiny surface of the lake.  We enjoyed some quiet, taking it all in user the overhanging trees.  Then, I think they realized that they didn't know me from Adam & didn't know the way back. A solitary shaky voice spoke up and said. "Do you think we can go back now?" I think that smoky stuff had worn off.  I walked them back, I think there was a sense of relief.  There it is, no embellishment. 

dogdays

« Reply #432 on: July 02, 2014, 08:40:03 PM »

Any Grateful Dead story you can tell with any certainty likely didn't happen./// If you insist, this one was quite clear, except for the exact personnel.  Jerry did not join us, but Phil Lesh, Bob Weir & others were there.  I worked in the concert hall at my college where they played.  (because of that I occasionally got invited to after parties.). They had enjoyed playing so much, had a break in the schedule and announced that would be back for the next couple days and would play for free, so they weren't in a hurry to break things down.  I told them that there was a really cool lake behind the hall & would show them the way down there, if they were up for an adventure.  I knew the pathways through the woods, had good night vision (full moon)(hence they named me the Pathfinder).  I led them down the rabbit hole to the lakes edge and we sat down on the sandy edge & hung out. Some natural substances were burned, some conversation ensued.  I pulled out my harmonica and played while the steam rose from moon shiny surface of the lake.  We enjoyed some quiet, taking it all in user the overhanging trees.  Then, I think they realized that they didn't know me from Adam & didn't know the way back. A solitary shaky voice spoke up and said. "Do you think we can go back now?" I think that smoky stuff had worn off.  I walked them back, I think there was a sense of relief.  There it is, no embellishment.
Now that was a great story .

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #433 on: July 02, 2014, 08:40:06 PM »

I saw Elvis Presley in 1973 witH a bit tittied date rest of the story is same as Dean's Grateful Dead event.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #434 on: July 02, 2014, 08:50:42 PM »

I saw Elvis Presley in 1973 witH a bit tittied date rest of the story is same as Dean's Grateful Dead event.
big deal, I saw Elvis yesterday at Target by the ice cream freezer
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36