Fred Bumpus

« Reply #255 on: July 02, 2014, 12:54:44 PM »

cheap cigar order in: EO #21, Kitchen Sink Sampler, JdN Dream Team Sampler, EPC 2nds, and El Mejor Expresso. probably shouldn't have spent money I don't really have to spare but I'm down to my last cigar :-(
Yowzah.  You get that low and we may have to send a care package or something.

I had one of those EOs on a fishing trip back in May.  I liked it, at least in that context.
no care packages please. need to learn to live within my limits. appreciate the thought and past packages though. thank you.
Dude - I'd contend that you're learning to live within the limits imposed by deadbeats.

Your limits include some friends online who like and respect you, and who sympathize with the situation.  Some of those friends spend more on cigars (and Harley parts) than they probably should, and often enjoy the generosity of others.

Which is all to say...with all due respect, GFY.  You don't get to deny your friends the opportunity to show kindness.

Ecc 4:12  ;)
Very selfish of you, Deano!

« Reply #256 on: July 02, 2014, 12:59:50 PM »

Another three deal day at JR Cigar's DDA.  Sheesh.  Not that I'm looking to buy anything but still... always kinda looking to buy something.
What's the deal?

What's the deal with no deals?  Who knows.  Grapefruit Sculpin available for growler fills at Ballast Point, want to try that.  I need to start leaving empty growlers in the car.
Lack of temptation is good for me right now.  I've bought more cigars in 2014 than in the previous 48 years of my life combined.

Ah, who'm I kidding?  Probably going to order more Cubans today.  Didn't get to it yesterday.
What are you going to buy Bret ? .
Either the RyJ Short Churchills or the MC Petite #2s.  I'm resisting the urge to load up on all the Partagas I can get - I like Partagas, but I tell myself I really should explore some others.

« Reply #257 on: July 02, 2014, 01:00:55 PM »

Another three deal day at JR Cigar's DDA.  Sheesh.  Not that I'm looking to buy anything but still... always kinda looking to buy something.
What's the deal?

What's the deal with no deals?  Who knows.  Grapefruit Sculpin available for growler fills at Ballast Point, want to try that.  I need to start leaving empty growlers in the car.
Lack of temptation is good for me right now.  I've bought more cigars in 2014 than in the previous 48 years of my life combined.

Ah, who'm I kidding?  Probably going to order more Cubans today.  Didn't get to it yesterday.
What are you going to buy Bret ? .
Either the RyJ Short Churchills or the MC Petite #2s.  I'm resisting the urge to load up on all the Partagas I can get - I like Partagas, but I tell myself I really should explore some others.
Both good choices...smoke any Bolivars or Ramon Allones?

« Reply #258 on: July 02, 2014, 01:07:13 PM »

Wife update: got a surgery consult with someone at the proper Clinic downtown for tomorrow, instead of having to wait until next week at the satellite hospital. Hopefully that gets her in and gets this over with faster.
I will bet TWSS as well!

« Reply #259 on: July 02, 2014, 01:11:12 PM »

Another three deal day at JR Cigar's DDA.  Sheesh.  Not that I'm looking to buy anything but still... always kinda looking to buy something.
What's the deal?

What's the deal with no deals?  Who knows.  Grapefruit Sculpin available for growler fills at Ballast Point, want to try that.  I need to start leaving empty growlers in the car.
Lack of temptation is good for me right now.  I've bought more cigars in 2014 than in the previous 48 years of my life combined.

Ah, who'm I kidding?  Probably going to order more Cubans today.  Didn't get to it yesterday.
What are you going to buy Bret ? .
Either the RyJ Short Churchills or the MC Petite #2s.  I'm resisting the urge to load up on all the Partagas I can get - I like Partagas, but I tell myself I really should explore some others.
Both good choices...smoke any Bolivars or Ramon Allones?
I have - the petit corona size in both, and one of the Bolivar Bellicosos Finos.  A box of ten of the Allones Superiores is tempting, but I'm suspicious that it won't be $2 per stick better than the Partagas.

This is all tortuous logic, because I haven't had the RyJ or MC Petite #2 either.  What odd logic we use when spending money.

« Reply #260 on: July 02, 2014, 01:12:41 PM »

Gotta go deal with some computers.  Back in a few, hopefully.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #261 on: July 02, 2014, 01:16:36 PM »

[...]

The Partagas Shorts are ALWAYS "in stock" at my house, love those.

Tortuous logic indeed, especially when we get hung up on "just" $2.  Adds up quick when you're talking per stick, over a full box of cigars, but for any one cigar it's a trivial amount of money.  Like when we say something is good at $3 but not $3.50.  Really?  That 50¢ makes that much of a difference?

Just buy 'em all and go on a hiatus until the next great deal surfaces.

« Reply #262 on: July 02, 2014, 01:22:12 PM »

[...]

I really like the Monte Petit Edmundo and the #4, both I would pick over the #2, but the #2 is good...I just like a little more bolder flavors(more "NC" like if you will).

I use the same logic, only way to go! haha

The RyJs have always been good to me, but I never seem to buy more...but a lot of guys really enjoy them.

« Reply #263 on: July 02, 2014, 01:25:12 PM »

BTW Joe, you mentioned earlier they now make a grapefruit Sculpin? Already has a fair citrus fruit flavor, no?

« Reply #264 on: July 02, 2014, 01:25:15 PM »

[...]

I just can't get into the Party Shorts, but I'm in the minority again on this one.  I would rather have RASCC, SC El Principes, or QdO Coronas.  I do however like the PSD4 and PSP2!

« Reply #265 on: July 02, 2014, 01:39:24 PM »

18?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/2/2014
« Reply #266 on: July 02, 2014, 01:39:44 PM »

BTW Joe, you mentioned earlier they now make a grapefruit Sculpin? Already has a fair citrus fruit flavor, no?

I'm sure Joe will chime in, but Grapefruit seems to be taking off in craft brews. The fact that Sculpin and imo, Lagunitas Little Sumpin have a nice amount of grapefruit/citrus flavor, some people just need it on the label... Oh this has grapefruit!?! I'll give it a try.

« Reply #267 on: July 02, 2014, 01:44:54 PM »

BTW Joe, you mentioned earlier they now make a grapefruit Sculpin? Already has a fair citrus fruit flavor, no?

I'm sure Joe will chime in, but Grapefruit seems to be taking off in craft brews. The fact that Sculpin and imo, Lagunitas Little Sumpin have a nice amount of grapefruit/citrus flavor, some people just need it on the label... Oh this has grapefruit!?! I'll give it a try.
The Sculpin is fruity for sure, I can't imagine adding some grapefruit would hurt. Now I want some
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #268 on: July 02, 2014, 01:48:58 PM »

BTW Joe, you mentioned earlier they now make a grapefruit Sculpin? Already has a fair citrus fruit flavor, no?

I think it's already citrusy so I'm curious to try it.  Might be brewery only, though, not sure if it'll be bottled.  Stone makes a Grapefruit Slam IPA and I love it.

« Reply #269 on: July 02, 2014, 01:50:16 PM »

BTW Joe, you mentioned earlier they now make a grapefruit Sculpin? Already has a fair citrus fruit flavor, no?

I think it's already citrusy so I'm curious to try it.  Might be brewery only, though, not sure if it'll be bottled.  Stone makes a Grapefruit Slam IPA and I love it.
Never saw the Stone Grapefruit