« Reply #210 on: July 02, 2014, 11:18:43 AM »

heading out to find some lunch.

Look in a grocery store or restaurant... or that IRS lady's pants.
Maybe try her deli section, how's the roast beef?

« Reply #211 on: July 02, 2014, 11:22:01 AM »

Morning, All.
GMornin!

Sup, Shaun... hope I spelled that right. Now you know why I stick with 'YellowStar'. Plus Shaun just isn't as funny. lol.

The CI banter used to keep a name in the profile. I found that very helpful for just such an occasion. Like who woulda know Bret only had one T... times are tuff.
Yeah, my dad's a fan of James Garner so I was named for Bret Maverick - hence the single T.

We need a cross reference of real names. Older I get, the harder it is to remember.

Of course, around here if you just call everybody Dave the odds are in your favor.

Until Tony may, or may not update a change for that, I just save it in location... Steve from GA. Since I know there is a couple Steve's out there. Anywho... morning Maverick.
That was my nickname through adolescence. Then Top Gun came out and it about drove me nuts explaining to people that the nickname preceded the movie by a couple of decades. I stopped embracing the nick and became Raz.

So, Mav then. We can learn the cool high five thing later.  ;)
Deja vu all fucking over again.  I knew I shouldn't have explained why my name has only one T.

Oh okay poopie pants. But if it's gonna be Raz, I'm gonna need an explanation.
Raz is short for Razgueado or Raz Gueado.  Start with the understanding that I'm a guitar player.  Now, think about any cheesy b-movie western that is set in - sorry, AzDave - a dusty Mexican border town.  The musical accompaniment will feature a guitar, and you'll hear this rapid-strumming motif done by brushing the strings with each finger of the right hand in rapid succession.  That strum is called a 'rasgueado'.

It actually has nothing to do with Mexico or dusty border towns.  It's a Flamenco guitar technique, which is to say, it's Gypsy (Romani) music. But, whatever.  It's a rasgueado.  When I got my first Internet account in 1989, I changed the s to a z and became Raz Gueado.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #212 on: July 02, 2014, 11:22:08 AM »

is there a CI free shipping code?

« Reply #213 on: July 02, 2014, 11:24:50 AM »

is there a CI free shipping code?
I think it's Raz Gueado.

« Reply #214 on: July 02, 2014, 11:25:20 AM »

Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #215 on: July 02, 2014, 11:31:36 AM »

Another three deal day at JR Cigar's DDA.  Sheesh.  Not that I'm looking to buy anything but still... always kinda looking to buy something.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 7/2/2014
« Reply #216 on: July 02, 2014, 11:32:56 AM »

[...]

I think I'll still just call ya Bret.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 7/2/2014
« Reply #217 on: July 02, 2014, 11:34:07 AM »

Another three deal day at JR Cigar's DDA.  Sheesh.  Not that I'm looking to buy anything but still... always kinda looking to buy something.
Strange.......mornin', Joe.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #218 on: July 02, 2014, 11:35:23 AM »

« Reply #219 on: July 02, 2014, 11:37:07 AM »

Another three deal day at JR Cigar's DDA.  Sheesh.  Not that I'm looking to buy anything but still... always kinda looking to buy something.
What's the deal?

« Reply #220 on: July 02, 2014, 11:38:40 AM »

Wife update: got a surgery consult with someone at the proper Clinic downtown for tomorrow, instead of having to wait until next week at the satellite hospital. Hopefully that gets her in and gets this over with faster.

« Reply #221 on: July 02, 2014, 11:38:54 AM »

Another three deal day at JR Cigar's DDA.  Sheesh.  Not that I'm looking to buy anything but still... always kinda looking to buy something.
Morning Joe.

« Reply #222 on: July 02, 2014, 11:40:36 AM »

Wife update: got a surgery consult with someone at the proper Clinic downtown for tomorrow, instead of having to wait until next week at the satellite hospital. Hopefully that gets her in and gets this over with faster.
Just like your approach to sex, good luck Dave
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #223 on: July 02, 2014, 11:42:17 AM »

cheap cigar order in: EO #21, Kitchen Sink Sampler, JdN Dream Team Sampler, EPC 2nds, and El Mejor Expresso. probably shouldn't have spent money I don't really have to spare but I'm down to my last cigar :-(

« Reply #224 on: July 02, 2014, 11:45:30 AM »

Another three deal day at JR Cigar's DDA.  Sheesh.  Not that I'm looking to buy anything but still... always kinda looking to buy something.
Morning Joe.
Ditto, musta missed ya earlier