Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/30/2014
« Reply #255 on: June 30, 2014, 11:50:07 AM »

next
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/30/2014
« Reply #256 on: June 30, 2014, 11:50:14 AM »

Logged

cannonfodder

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • Mmmmm, Pie...
Re: 6/30/2014
« Reply #257 on: June 30, 2014, 11:51:14 AM »

Morning gents. Have not been on the computer much since surgery. Thought I would check in quickly.

I am doing OK but still hut a lot. It was much worse then they anticipated based on the MRI for my neck. Dr was surprised I was even able to get around. My spine was all but crushed along with the nerve that goes to my left arm. Had a lot of bone spurs, arthritis and bone chips in there. They had to grind it all out then replace the disks and screw everything back together after they realigned everything. Still taking pain pills and sleeping in a chair but slowly getting better. I did manage to sneak in a cigar yesterday, 4 kicks robusto. Going to be a while before I get back to work, on short term for the next few weeks but they did make a hole in my neck big enough to put you hand in so it will take time to heal. Difficult to get on the computer. I either fall asleep from the pain meds, have difficulty typing because I only have partial feeling in my left hand (which can take months to go away) or I cannot see the screen. Blurry vision is a side effect of my meds. Sheesh.
But other than that, you're fine right?
Joking aside, really glad to have you stopping in, gonna be a bit of a trip back, but hopefully it will be worth it.

Hope so. Booring sitting around the house. Funny how that works. You work yourself silly wishing you could just sit and do nothing. Now that I have to sit and do nothing I wish I was back to work. Cannot do a lot of wood working but I can do a few simple things. So to pass the time I have been making some custom knifes. Made a wicked one with some diamond wood handles and then made a set of matching grips for my 1911.
Pretty fuckin' sweet!

Looks better in person. The gray looks like a super fine metal flake paint. It has a shimmer in the sunlight. Made 3 knifes, got another one in the workshop I got ready to go that I am going to work on today. Putting an exhibition grade walnut handle on it then giving it a hand rubbed oil finish. Little skinning knife.

« Reply #258 on: June 30, 2014, 11:52:20 AM »

[...]

Holy shit that's nice lookin!
Logged

cannonfodder

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • Mmmmm, Pie...
Re: 6/30/2014
« Reply #259 on: June 30, 2014, 11:55:54 AM »

[...]

Whoa! Fellow 1911 enthusiast.  Mine's from 1943.

Beat you, got one from the early 1920's, Standard government colt. That one is my latest and fave 1911. Springfield range officer. It is a match pistol without a few of the extra match goodies like front slide serrations, front grip checkering, but match trigger/barrel/bushings, Bomar sights, tight build and fit. It will shoot 2 inch groups all day at 25 yards. At 15 standing I put 200 rounds in one hole the size of a baseball. Now I cannot shoot it. Cannot shoot anything for the next couple months. So much for the summer match season.

« Reply #260 on: June 30, 2014, 11:56:03 AM »

[...]

Hope so. Booring sitting around the house. Funny how that works. You work yourself silly wishing you could just sit and do nothing. Now that I have to sit and do nothing I wish I was back to work. Cannot do a lot of wood working but I can do a feyw simple things. So to pass the time I have been making some custom knifes. Made a wicked one with some diamond wood handles and then made a set of matching grips for my 1911.
Whoa! Fellow 1911 enthusiast.  Mine's from 1943.
Got a Wilson Combat I had made up in th 1980's.  My youngest son referred to it as the gun he could hit things with. Always wanted a custom car but the pistol was a WHOLE lot Cheaper.

« Reply #261 on: June 30, 2014, 11:57:05 AM »

Looks better in person. The gray looks like a super fine metal flake paint. It has a shimmer in the sunlight. Made 3 knifes, got another one in the workshop I got ready to go that I am going to work on today. Putting an exhibition grade walnut handle on it then giving it a hand rubbed oil finish. Little skinning knife.
Hmm...I'm gonna need a deer-hunting knife come November.  You do commission work?

« Reply #262 on: June 30, 2014, 12:01:53 PM »

[...]

Bill Wilson's a car guy too.  Soon as I have the Harley paid off, I'm saving my dimes for a Wilson.  And my Colt will go to Doug Turnbull to be put back in original condition.
Logged

cannonfodder

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • Mmmmm, Pie...
Re: 6/30/2014
« Reply #263 on: June 30, 2014, 12:04:09 PM »

Hope so. Booring sitting around the house. Funny how that works. You work yourself silly wishing you could just sit and do nothing. Now that I have to sit and do nothing I wish I was back to work. Cannot do a lot of wood working but I can do a few simple things. So to pass the time I have been making some custom knifes. Made a wicked one with some diamond wood handles and then made a set of matching grips for my 1911.

And by the way, that's a REAL Gurkha knife.  ;-)

Yup. Wanted something silly to play around with. Put mosaic pins in the handle for a little more bling. Re-handled another knife that I had laying around. It had lousy scales on it so I took the originals off and put on a stag and maple burl then dyed the burl blue and finished it with a catalysed urethane.

[attachment deleted by admin]

« Reply #264 on: June 30, 2014, 12:06:24 PM »

[...]

Yeah, and I'll bet your 1920's Colt is in original configuration.  I got mine for $500 because some yahoo had it nickel-plated.  Don't mind the price, especially since all the numbers match.  But can't abide someone doing that to a piece of history.

I like the Range officer, too.  Fine weapon.
Logged

cannonfodder

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • Mmmmm, Pie...
Re: 6/30/2014
« Reply #265 on: June 30, 2014, 12:10:06 PM »

Looks better in person. The gray looks like a super fine metal flake paint. It has a shimmer in the sunlight. Made 3 knifes, got another one in the workshop I got ready to go that I am going to work on today. Putting an exhibition grade walnut handle on it then giving it a hand rubbed oil finish. Little skinning knife.
Hmm...I'm gonna need a deer-hunting knife come November.  You do commission work?

All the time. That is how I pay for the cigars and 1911's. Got a guy I use to work with that wants a hunting knife as well. Drop me an email. I think I set up my email when the site was spun up. I will double check the setting in my profile to make sure.
Logged

cannonfodder

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • Mmmmm, Pie...
Re: 6/30/2014
« Reply #266 on: June 30, 2014, 12:12:58 PM »

[...]

Ouch. That hurts. Since the collect-ability is pretty much shot I would be tempted to have it stripped and re parkerised or blued. Down side, you risk taking off the slide/frame stamps but it is still a piece of history regardless.
Logged

cannonfodder

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • Mmmmm, Pie...
Re: 6/30/2014
« Reply #267 on: June 30, 2014, 12:15:53 PM »

Looks better in person. The gray looks like a super fine metal flake paint. It has a shimmer in the sunlight. Made 3 knifes, got another one in the workshop I got ready to go that I am going to work on today. Putting an exhibition grade walnut handle on it then giving it a hand rubbed oil finish. Little skinning knife.
Hmm...I'm gonna need a deer-hunting knife come November.  You do commission work?

All the time. That is how I pay for the cigars and 1911's. Got a guy I use to work with that wants a hunting knife as well. Drop me an email. I think I set up my email when the site was spun up. I will double check the setting in my profile to make sure.

Yup, email button should work. Need to drop off. I took a pain pill a half hour ago and my vision is going blurry. Difficult to see the screen, almost like being an old man. Now I know what it is like to be KC.

« Reply #268 on: June 30, 2014, 12:19:02 PM »

16 Man o' War Armada Corona
          5/37.50
15 Gran Habano Top Ten Sampler Robusto
         10/23.50
14 Camacho Liberty 2013 11/18 Perdecto
          1/14.99
13 Diesel Unlimited Maduro Robusto
         10/32.50
12 Casa Magna Dominican
         10/34.99
11 La Gloria Cubana Artesanos Retro Especiale Club
          5/21.00
10 Nub Cameroon 464
        10/34.99
 9 Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown Robusto
          5/19.99
 8 Rocky Patel Signature Toro
         10/34.99
 7 Perdomo Habano Maduro
          5/22.50
 6 Carlos Torano Exodus '50 Years
         10/34.99
 5 Legado de Pepin Robusto
         10/34.50
 4 Man O' War Torpedo
         10/37.50
 3 Oliva Serie 'V' Maduro 2013
          5/29.50
 2 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 1 Rocky Patel Burn
          5/18.50
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/30/2014
« Reply #269 on: June 30, 2014, 12:22:04 PM »

[...]

LMAO! Nitey-nite, cf!