« Reply #285 on: June 23, 2014, 04:52:06 PM »

what's the flip point from junior to associate member?
3BJs and a ZJ
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #286 on: June 23, 2014, 04:54:02 PM »

Anybody refinish a deck recently? Just finished the 2nd coat of Behr DeckOver on a 20 by 25 foot deck. took 5 gallons, they recommended 7. deck over 15 years old, have been using cabot stain on it through the years.  the deck over shows dirty footprints, they don't seem to wash off.
I was thinking of using Deckover, but I read the reviews and they all said it sucks, don't do it. So I went with the regular deck stain

« Reply #287 on: June 23, 2014, 04:54:43 PM »

Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/23/2014
« Reply #288 on: June 23, 2014, 04:57:01 PM »

Anybody refinish a deck recently? Just finished the 2nd coat of Behr DeckOver on a 20 by 25 foot deck. took 5 gallons, they recommended 7. deck over 15 years old, have been using cabot stain on it through the years.  the deck over shows dirty footprints, they don't seem to wash off.
I was thinking of using Deckover, but I read the reviews and they all said it sucks, don't do it. So I went with the regular deck stain
Did ya know if you paint your car with the same paint they use for spray in bed liners for trucks, it will protect your car from wrecks...
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #289 on: June 23, 2014, 04:59:56 PM »

Anybody refinish a deck recently? Just finished the 2nd coat of Behr DeckOver on a 20 by 25 foot deck. took 5 gallons, they recommended 7. deck over 15 years old, have been using cabot stain on it through the years.  the deck over shows dirty footprints, they don't seem to wash off.
I was thinking of using Deckover, but I read the reviews and they all said it sucks, don't do it. So I went with the regular deck stain
Did ya know if you paint your car with the same paint they use for spray in bed liners for trucks, it will protect your car from wrecks...
Huh? LOL!

« Reply #290 on: June 23, 2014, 05:02:51 PM »

what's the flip point from junior to associate member?
Two more posts, for you.
i'll never make it?
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/23/2014
« Reply #291 on: June 23, 2014, 05:07:02 PM »

Anybody refinish a deck recently? Just finished the 2nd coat of Behr DeckOver on a 20 by 25 foot deck. took 5 gallons, they recommended 7. deck over 15 years old, have been using cabot stain on it through the years.  the deck over shows dirty footprints, they don't seem to wash off.
I was thinking of using Deckover, but I read the reviews and they all said it sucks, don't do it. So I went with the regular deck stain
Did ya know if you paint your car with the same paint they use for spray in bed liners for trucks, it will protect your car from wrecks...
Huh? LOL!
I saw it on Mythbusters.  They painted 1/2 of the car with bed liner and ran it into concrete barricade and 6 mph.  The 1/2 with the bed liner wasn't damaged but the other 1/2 was.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #292 on: June 23, 2014, 05:07:07 PM »

God I'm tired....  I went grocery shopping, and got some Chi Chi 1.75 bottle of  pre-made Margarita's for $8.99, along with a Chi Chi 1.75 Orange Cream with vodka.  I think it's a cheap brand, but it looked like a good deal.  I know the Margarita isn't bad for the price.
did ya buy some cheap tequila and vodka to add to them? That stuffs pretty weak.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #293 on: June 23, 2014, 05:07:13 PM »

[ Well sure hope it works out for you. ]
not as much as I do.
Sorry for the personal turmoil, hopefully you'll be free of it soon, amigo.
thanks. just finished the applications and will fax them tomorrow from work.

« Reply #294 on: June 23, 2014, 05:07:26 PM »

Anybody refinish a deck recently? Just finished the 2nd coat of Behr DeckOver on a 20 by 25 foot deck. took 5 gallons, they recommended 7. deck over 15 years old, have been using cabot stain on it through the years.  the deck over shows dirty footprints, they don't seem to wash off.
I was thinking of using Deckover, but I read the reviews and they all said it sucks, don't do it. So I went with the regular deck stain
Unfortunately, read the reviews after the first coat was on.  Was planning on using the rustoleum (would have goon with Cabot again), but Home depot stopped carrying it, and the local paint store is now a "School of Rock".  of course 2 days after the first coat, my 16 year old decides to repot plants on the deck.  never a problem with the stain. but this is a textured surface treatment.  Designed to get rid of splinters, but side effect of trapping dirt really well in the new surface.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #295 on: June 23, 2014, 05:09:12 PM »

Anybody refinish a deck recently? Just finished the 2nd coat of Behr DeckOver on a 20 by 25 foot deck. took 5 gallons, they recommended 7. deck over 15 years old, have been using cabot stain on it through the years.  the deck over shows dirty footprints, they don't seem to wash off.
did you wash it down with a deck cleaner and pressure wash it?

« Reply #296 on: June 23, 2014, 05:10:58 PM »

Anybody refinish a deck recently? Just finished the 2nd coat of Behr DeckOver on a 20 by 25 foot deck. took 5 gallons, they recommended 7. deck over 15 years old, have been using cabot stain on it through the years.  the deck over shows dirty footprints, they don't seem to wash off.
did you wash it down with a deck cleaner and pressure wash it?
didn't try that yet, wanted to let it cure really good, this stuff is four times thicker than paint/stain, and we have had a lot of rain.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/23/2014
« Reply #297 on: June 23, 2014, 05:12:20 PM »

God I'm tired....  I went grocery shopping, and got some Chi Chi 1.75 bottle of  pre-made Margarita's for $8.99, along with a Chi Chi 1.75 Orange Cream with vodka.  I think it's a cheap brand, but it looked like a good deal.  I know the Margarita isn't bad for the price.
did ya buy some cheap tequila and vodka to add to them? That stuffs pretty weak.
I didn't think to do that.  But I think I do have some gold tequila, and I know I have vodka... Mmmm, I'll have to make the wife a drink...  ;)

« Reply #298 on: June 23, 2014, 05:13:11 PM »

folks, it's that time, going to head out....

« Reply #299 on: June 23, 2014, 05:16:40 PM »

folks, it's that time, going to head out....
Seeya, Flip.