CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26

Author Topic: 6/23/2014  (Read 61311 times)

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
Re: 6/23/2014
« Reply #225 on: June 23, 2014, 02:32:08 PM »

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2014, 02:32:52 PM »

Lunchtime.  Back in about half and hour.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #227 on: June 23, 2014, 02:36:54 PM »

get a belated Fathers day gift, from my 32 year old, her husband and daughter on Saturday (don't be critical, I brought easter baskets, and my other grandaughter's birthday gift!) they live about 50 miles away, and our schedules don't mesh well. I finally got there, cause I said come hell or high water i was going saturday night, with her half sister.  Warden/Stepmom had an evening mapped out with getting her hair done, and then doing her friend the hairdressers hair, and there was a cat adoption in there as well.  Anyway, i got three cigars: a Cohiba black dot corona, a Gloria Cubana Series R toro and an Ashton VSG toro. Nothing i had ever tried, all three new to me in that size/vitola. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #228 on: June 23, 2014, 02:37:06 PM »

Afternoon, all. Happy Moanday.
Hi Steve.  How did the weekend treat ya?

Pretty good, Tony. Warden went to NC to gamble with her sister and left me home to myself.
Wish I could get mine to leave me alone for the weekend, a week, a month or a decade.
Kinda wish I had seen Deano's post before posting that.  Sorry if it seemed insensitive.
What is your problem? You insensitive asshole! Can't you see we have an injured man down here? Now I'll move my car, but I want you to help him up!
Sheesh. I hope I didn't offend Tony.
That was a Del Griffith (John Candy) quote from Planes, Trains and Automobiles.
Tom, it was funny.  You're gonna have to try a lot harder to offend around here.  Never apologize.  PS don't look back a few posts where I apologized to Deano.  I didn't mean it.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #229 on: June 23, 2014, 02:43:26 PM »

get a belated Fathers day gift, from my 32 year old, her husband and daughter on Saturday (don't be critical, I brought easter baskets, and my other grandaughter's birthday gift!) they live about 50 miles away, and our schedules don't mesh well. I finally got there, cause I said come hell or high water i was going saturday night, with her half sister.  Warden/Stepmom had an evening mapped out with getting her hair done, and then doing her friend the hairdressers hair, and there was a cat adoption in there as well.  Anyway, i got three cigars: a Cohiba black dot corona, a Gloria Cubana Series R toro and an Ashton VSG toro. Nothing i had ever tried, all three new to me in that size/vitola.
Sounds like she did really well.  Quality sticks there.  That VSG is a favorite of mine with some age on it.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #230 on: June 23, 2014, 02:46:41 PM »

Sounds like she did really well.  Quality sticks there.  That VSG is a favorite of mine with some age on it.
lucky indeed, said the store was loaded with stuff for hookahs!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #231 on: June 23, 2014, 03:05:08 PM »

Heck of a cigar!

dwgbryant

« Reply #232 on: June 23, 2014, 03:06:10 PM »

Pretty good, Tony. Warden went to NC to gamble with her sister and left me home to myself.
Wish I could get mine to leave me alone for the weekend, a week, a month or a decade.
Kinda wish I had seen Deano's post before posting that.  Sorry if it seemed insensitive.
What is your problem? You insensitive asshole! Can't you see we have an injured man down here? Now I'll move my car, but I want you to help him up!
Tom, it was funny.  You're gonna have to try a lot harder to offend around here.  Never apologize.  PS don't look back a few posts where I apologized to Deano.  I didn't mean it.

GFY

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #233 on: June 23, 2014, 03:11:28 PM »

Heck of a cigar!
got them sitting in a humidor, she had them in a little shopping bag with the card, no ziplock bag...

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #234 on: June 23, 2014, 03:13:44 PM »

Heck of a cigar!
got them sitting in a humidor, she had them in a little shopping bag with the card, no ziplock bag...
That's a good idea, leave em in there for a couple days and spark em up!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #235 on: June 23, 2014, 03:15:51 PM »

good afternoon guys. just left the golf course and filling out application for: http://www.goldenpondvillage.com/index.html
one opening left for October. no my 1st choice but it's out of NY and it's cheap.
have I missed anything important?
Based on the pix and prices that looks pretty damn good Dean but it ain't in TX and you will not have JR, Bean and Me to smoke with or insult you.

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #236 on: June 23, 2014, 03:18:02 PM »

Fuck you, Tom, it wasn't funny.  You're gonna have to try a lot harder to offend around here.  Never apologize.  PS don't look back a few posts where I apologized to Deano.  I didn't mean it.
Sheesh, sorry.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #237 on: June 23, 2014, 03:21:59 PM »

Heck of a cigar!
Had to read the fine print a couple of times to get it straight, first thought it said Warden had to do the hairdresser - then finally figured it out.  Those are nice smokes they picked out for you.  They certainly have significantly different profiles Serie R is very bold for sure.  And Happy Birthday CG!!

dwgbryant

« Reply #238 on: June 23, 2014, 03:34:59 PM »

good afternoon guys. just left the golf course and filling out application for: http://www.goldenpondvillage.com/index.html
one opening left for October. no my 1st choice but it's out of NY and it's cheap.
have I missed anything important?
Based on the pix and prices that looks pretty damn good Dean but it ain't in TX and you will not have JR, Bean and Me to smoke with or insult you.
I know, but it get's me out of NY and away from what's causing all the financial problems so I can get a clean/fresh start.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #239 on: June 23, 2014, 03:35:57 PM »

Heck of a cigar!
Had to read the fine print a couple of times to get it straight, first thought it said Warden had to do the hairdresser - then finally figured it out.  Those are nice smokes they picked out for you.  They certainly have significantly different profiles Serie R is very bold for sure.  And Happy Birthday CG!!
yeah the warden and Celia are both hairdressers and teach cosmetology.  Celia came by to adopt the cat, too.  I just wasn't going to wait any longer, besides my older daughter was home, wasn't at the store where she is assistant manager.  Very rarely is she home on a Saturday.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26