CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: 6/23/2014  (Read 61359 times)

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
Re: 6/23/2014
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2014, 09:27:17 AM »

Good morning, gents.  Happy birthday, Shaun.  Hope you had a great day yesterday, Pat.  GFY, Scott.
Think that about covers it. Morning, Tony.
I was gonna put something in there about the Daves and then I thought, how about Tom and Chip?  Then I figured "gents" covered it all.  Speaking of covering it, how'd the painting go?
What am I? Chopped Liver?
What do you mean?
Chopped liver as an expression from Wikipedia:

Since eating chopped liver may not be appreciated by everyone, the Jewish English expression "What am I, chopped liver?", signifies frustration or anger at being ignored on a social level.

An alternative explanation for the etymology of the "What am I, chopped liver?" expression is that chopped liver was traditionally served as a side dish rather than a main course. The phrase, therefore may have originally meant to express a feeling of being overlooked, as a "side dish."
I still don't get how it applies here, Tom.
Tony, my mistake for not reading your post correctly (most likely) or it was nice use of the modify button.
LMAO.  I'm just fucking with you, Tom.  I had to go back and modify all the posts, including yours and LTG's.
Tony, nicely done.
But you should know that being ignored is nothing new to me - I am married and have kids.

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2014, 09:28:43 AM »

Got to get to work - see you gents later

dogdays

« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2014, 09:30:15 AM »

Good morning, gents.  Happy birthday, Shaun.  Hope you had a great day yesterday, Pat.  GFY, Scott.
I was gonna put something in there about the Daves and then I thought, how about Tom and Chip?  Then I figured "gents" covered it all.  Speaking of covering it, how'd the painting go?
What do you mean?

Since eating chopped liver may not be appreciated by everyone, the Jewish English expression "What am I, chopped liver?", signifies frustration or anger at being ignored on a social level.

An alternative explanation for the etymology of the "What am I, chopped liver?" expression is that chopped liver was traditionally served as a side dish rather than a main course. The phrase, therefore may have originally meant to express a feeling of being overlooked, as a "side dish."
Tony, my mistake for not reading your post correctly (most likely) or it was nice use of the modify button.
LMAO.  I'm just fucking with you, Tom.  I had to go back and modify all the posts, including yours and LTG's.
Tony, nicely done.
But you should know that being ignored is nothing new to me - I am married and have kids.
LMAO ! .

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2014, 09:38:15 AM »

As well as can be expected, I guess. Good weather, nothing broke, no one got hurt and it's done.
Wow.  That good huh?
Just a pain doing all the scraping and painting for 2 straight days, being back at work is almost a vacation. And getting up to the very top of that ladder to get the peak of the split level, that made me clench the cheeks a bit tighter, that's for sure. Haha.
I hear ya.  I'm not particularly afraid of heights, but completely afraid to fall from a ladder.  Been needing to do some outdoor ladder work and putting it off.
I thought for sure I'd have nightmares last night about falling off of it. Painting that overhang was definitely the fastest paint job of my life.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2014, 09:39:57 AM »

Hey Antnee....I'm in fukkin' Ireland.....is that sufficient?
  ;D

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2014, 09:53:22 AM »

What do you mean?

Tony, nicely done.
I second that emotion! Good morning Copped liver, and everyone else!  :D

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2014, 09:55:17 AM »

Good morning, Flip.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2014, 09:56:50 AM »

As well as can be expected, I guess. Good weather, nothing broke, no one got hurt and it's done.
Wow.  That good huh?
Just a pain doing all the scraping and painting for 2 straight days, being back at work is almost a vacation. And getting up to the very top of that ladder to get the peak of the split level, that made me clench the cheeks a bit tighter, that's for sure. Haha.
I hear ya.  I'm not particularly afraid of heights, but completely afraid to fall from a ladder.  Been needing to do some outdoor ladder work and putting it off.
Heights never bothered me, but widths, they are downright scary.  my ex-wife got to be a size 24, I didn't think of it as a divorce, more like losing 238lbs of uneeded fat.

dogdays

« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2014, 09:57:03 AM »

Good morning filp and Tony .

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2014, 09:57:20 AM »

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2014, 09:57:54 AM »

hello double D... got to get back to the morning routine...

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2014, 10:00:12 AM »

Wow.  That good huh?
Heights never bothered me, but widths, they are downright scary.  my ex-wife got to be a size 24, I didn't think of it as a divorce, more like losing 238lbs of uneeded fat.
So you're saying I should have left her 30 pounds ago?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #132 on: June 23, 2014, 10:01:18 AM »

What's the good word, Steve?  How's the RV business?

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #133 on: June 23, 2014, 10:02:20 AM »

morning gents, last day for the 20% discount code pfd2014 at cigar king.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2014, 10:03:39 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26