CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: 1/18/2022  (Read 3382 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 1/18/2022
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2022, 09:03:55 AM »

good morning Tony, Dave, Bret, and Rick.
32° here and sunny but no snow.
Morning, ChillyForYouDean.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2022, 09:18:00 AM »

From the sounds of struggling cars I'm hearing outside, it seems our streets have still not been plowed.  >:( >:(
That's nuts. Don't you guys pay taxes there? WTF?
It IS nuts. And not only do I pay taxes, but I pay a lot more than I used to, since this is now listed as my work location as well as my residence.
I guess then you are allowed to write off these office expenses?
Don't really have any office expenses, since they gave me all the equipment I need. Would be nice to be able to get a tax refund for roads that can't be traversed, however. Lol
I would say the added taxes are an expense.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2022, 09:19:38 AM »

still not able to post pictures.
Good morning, Dean. I know what the issue is just haven't gotten around to fixing it. I'll work on it later today.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2022, 09:20:00 AM »

From the sounds of struggling cars I'm hearing outside, it seems our streets have still not been plowed.  >:( >:(
It IS nuts. And not only do I pay taxes, but I pay a lot more than I used to, since this is now listed as my work location as well as my residence.
Don't really have any office expenses, since they gave me all the equipment I need. Would be nice to be able to get a tax refund for roads that can't be traversed, however. Lol
Now if I could only get the government to agree, I'd be all set.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2022, 09:26:06 AM »

still not able to post pictures.
Good morning, Dean. I know what the issue is just haven't gotten around to fixing it. I'll work on it later today.
no big deal Tony. I got nothing to really post puctures of that are that important.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2022, 09:29:32 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Weird dreams followed by insomnia.
So sorry to hear it, Raz. Did those dreams come from eating a late night snack?
Or some Elija Craig...

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2022, 09:30:00 AM »

Now if I could only get the government to agree, I'd be all set.
especially when you consider the tax you paid when you bought the vehicle, and the gasoline tax you pay to be able to drive it, or the road tax you pay to get somewhere, etc etc etc. 😠

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2022, 09:33:08 AM »

You can claim the "office"/room calculated as part (%) of the overall house cost.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2022, 09:35:09 AM »

The city is an absolute mess. Plow went by my house early yesterday but I definitely have to snowblow when I get home. With breakdowns at work I won't be active on here. Stay safe. Hope you are all well.
Plow?  What plow?.....Good melting yesterday, except with temps in the 20's last night, some serious  black ice this morning. 

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2022, 09:36:28 AM »

morning Dave.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2022, 09:37:06 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Nope. Had chicken stew and whole wheat bread for dinner about 7:00. One drink after dinner.

But yes...there does seem to be a bit of a pattern emerging, or a partial one.
Well, we're all waiting with rapt anticipation, what's the pattern?
Carnal relations with my wife. You asked.

It's almost a certainty that afterward I'll dream I'm driving around lost in Tucson and snap awake at 3AM. There are variations to the dream. Sometimes there are people in the car. Sometimes it's some big metropolis but I think it's Tucson. In one variation it's an airport, in another it's a complicated parking lot amongst skyscrapers. But always the same basic tension - trying to figure out where I'm going. Then, insomnia.

Weird.
Freud would have an absolute field day with that one.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2022, 09:39:48 AM »

Morning all.  Impressed with page three already and not even a Jam. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2022, 09:40:51 AM »

You can claim the "office"/room calculated as part (%) of the overall house cost.
Do you think I can get the bathroom included as an essential part of the home office and write off that pipe repair from last week? :D

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2022, 09:41:30 AM »

The city is an absolute mess. Plow went by my house early yesterday but I definitely have to snowblow when I get home. With breakdowns at work I won't be active on here. Stay safe. Hope you are all well.
Plow?  What plow?.....Good melting yesterday, except with temps in the 20's last night, some serious  black ice this morning.
Supposed to get up to 37 tomorrow. Not sure how much will melt, but I'm sure not all of it.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2022, 09:41:36 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Nope. Had chicken stew and whole wheat bread for dinner about 7:00. One drink after dinner.

But yes...there does seem to be a bit of a pattern emerging, or a partial one.
Well, we're all waiting with rapt anticipation, what's the pattern?
Carnal relations with my wife. You asked.

It's almost a certainty that afterward I'll dream I'm driving around lost in Tucson and snap awake at 3AM. There are variations to the dream. Sometimes there are people in the car. Sometimes it's some big metropolis but I think it's Tucson. In one variation it's an airport, in another it's a complicated parking lot amongst skyscrapers. But always the same basic tension - trying to figure out where I'm going. Then, insomnia.

Weird.
Wow, that took a turn I wasn't expecting. And ironically, now we've gotta try to figure out where we're going next.  ;)
We have been looking for a good replacement for BD... :-[
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6