Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/8/2014
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 02:17:42 AM »

In 1967, former British Prime Minister Clement Attlee died in London at age 84.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/8/2014
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 02:18:36 AM »

1970, Soviet author Alexander Solzhenitsyn was named winner of the Nobel Prize for literature.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/8/2014
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 02:18:59 AM »

In 1982, all labor organizations in Poland, including Solidarity, were banned.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/8/2014
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 02:19:20 AM »

In 1992, former West German Chancellor Willy Brandt died in Unkel, Germany, at age
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/8/2014
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 02:19:42 AM »

Ten years ago: In a testy debate rematch, President George W. Bush and Sen. John Kerry quarreled over the war in Iraq, jobs, education, health care, abortion, the environment, cheaper drugs and tort reform at a town-hall session in St. Louis. Thirty-four people, most of them Israelis, were killed when suicide bombers blew up the Taba Hilton Hotel in Egypt. A videotape surfaced showing militants beheading British hostage Kenneth Bigley in Iraq. Martha Stewart reported to the Alderson Federal Prison Camp in West Virginia to begin serving five months behind bars for lying about a stock sale. Kenyan environmentalist Wangari Maathai (wan-GAH'-ree mah-DY') won the Nobel Peace Prize.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/8/2014
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2014, 02:20:12 AM »

Five years ago: An Arizona sweat lodge ceremony turned deadly as some participants became ill and collapsed inside the 415-square-foot structure; three died. (Motivational speaker James Arthur Ray, who'd led the ceremony, was convicted in 2011 of three counts of negligent homicide and served 20 months in prison.) A powerful car bomb exploded outside the Indian Embassy in Kabul, killing 17 people. Romanian-born German writer Herta Mueller won the Nobel Prize in literature.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/8/2014
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 02:20:37 AM »

One year ago: The White House said President Barack Obama would nominate Federal Reserve vice chair Janet Yellen to succeed Ben Bernanke as chairman of the nation's central bank. Britain's Peter Higgs and Belgian colleague Francois Englert won the Nobel Prize in physics for helping to explain how matter formed after the Big Bang. Phil Chevron, 56, the guitarist for the boisterous Anglo-Irish band the Pogues, died in Dublin.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/8/2014
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2014, 02:21:53 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Entertainment reporter Rona Barrett is 78. Actor Paul Hogan is 75. Rhythm-and-blues singer Fred Cash (The Impressions) is 74. Civil rights activist Rev. Jesse Jackson is 73. Comedian Chevy Chase is 71. Author R.L. Stine is 71. Actor Dale Dye is 70. Country singer Susan Raye is 70. TV personality Sarah Purcell is 66. Actress Sigourney Weaver is 65. Rhythm-and-blues singer Robert "Kool" Bell (Kool & the Gang) is 64. Producer-director Edward Zwick is 62. Country singer-musician Ricky Lee Phelps is 61. Actor Michael Dudikoff is 60. Comedian Darrell Hammond is 59. Actress Stephanie Zimbalist is 58. Rock musician Mitch Marine is 53. Actress Kim Wayans is 53. Rock singer Steve Perry (Cherry Poppin' Daddies) is 51. Actor Ian Hart is 50. Gospel and rhythm-and-blues singer CeCe Winans is 50. Rock musician C.J. Ramone (The Ramones) is 49. Actress-producer Karyn Parsons is 48. Singer-producer Teddy Riley is 48. Actress Emily Procter is 46. Actor Dylan Neal is 45. Actor-screenwriter Matt Damon is 44. Actress Kristanna Loken is 35. Rhythm-and-blues singer Byron Reeder (Mista) is 35. Rock-soul singer-musician Noelle Scaggs (Fitz and the Tantrums) is 35. Actor Nick Cannon is 34. Actor Max Crumm is 29. Singer-songwriter-producer Bruno Mars is 29. Actor Angus T. Jones is 21. Actress Molly Quinn is 21.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/8/2014
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2014, 02:22:52 AM »

Thought for Today: "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves." — Carl Gustav Jung, Swiss psychiatrist (1875-1961).

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/8/2014
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2014, 02:24:20 AM »

--------------------
My Mother
-------------------------

1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE. "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."

2. My mother taught me RELIGION. "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL. "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week."

4. My mother taught me LOGIC. "Because I said so, that's why."

5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC. "If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT. "Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

7. My mother taught me IRONY. "Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."

8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS. "Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM. "Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck?"

10. My mother taught me about STAMINA. "You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."

11. My mother taught me about WEATHER. "This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."

12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY. "If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"

13. My mother taught me about the CIRCLE OF LIFE. "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION. "Stop acting like your father."

15. My mother taught me about ENVY. "There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."

16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION. "Just wait until we get home."

17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING. "You are going to get it when you get home."

18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE. "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."

19. My mother taught me ESP. "Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"

20. My mother taught me HUMOR. "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT. "If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

22. My mother taught me GENETICS. "You're just like your father."

23. My mother taught me ROOTS. "Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"

24. My mother taught me WISDOM. "When you get to be my age, you'll understand."

25. My mother taught me JUSTICE. "One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you."

How many of these did your mother teach? AND how many did you teach your children?
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/8/2014
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2014, 02:58:45 AM »

Time to hit the road for work guys, enjoy your day.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/8/2014
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2014, 04:52:34 AM »

Time for a double sheesh.

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2014, 05:23:05 AM »

Morning LSU.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/8/2014
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2014, 05:25:00 AM »

Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2014, 05:31:43 AM »

good morning Chip and Dave. out at the end of the road at the gulf watching the eclipse, smoking an AJ Overrun perfecto, and drinking coffee.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18