CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 04, 2014, 12:00:13 AM

Title: 7/4/2014
Post by: CigarBanter on July 04, 2014, 12:00:13 AM
Happy Birthday, USA!!!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 12:02:09 AM
Happy Birthday, USA!!!
Amen, and Amen.

Thanks, Antnee.  Nice, new fresh banter.  And a jam, even!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 12:03:44 AM
Took the boys down to the rez this evening and dumped $80 on fireworks.  I could have spent that $80 on cigars and it would have taken a month or more to burn through.  They'll burn through the fireworks in an hour.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 04, 2014, 12:03:53 AM
Happy Birthday, USA!!!
Amen, and Amen.

Thanks, Antnee.  Nice, new fresh banter.  And a jam, even!
I had nothing to do with the jam.  But have a great day, Bret et al.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: glassken on July 04, 2014, 12:04:43 AM
Happy Birthday, USA!!!
Tony, that was very good! I have been going from my birthday, to the birthday of my beloved Country! For 52 years!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 12:06:18 AM
Happy Birthday, USA!!!
Amen, and Amen.

Thanks, Antnee.  Nice, new fresh banter.  And a jam, even!
I had nothing to do with the jam.  But have a great day, Bret et al.
C'mon, don't be so humble. You know you arranged the jam.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 12:06:41 AM
Happy Birthday, USA!!!
Tony, that was very good! I have been going from my birthday, to the birthday of my beloved Country! For 52 years!
Cry the beloved country.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: glassken on July 04, 2014, 12:08:50 AM
Sly:Happy Birthday. Ken.
Thanks, Steve.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 12:10:44 AM
This San Lotano has got to be the best-burning smoke I've ever had. Nice, tight ash.  Doesn't mind if I put it aside to banter awhile.  Tastes terrific.

It's almost as good as my wife.  Almost.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 12:11:38 AM
Sly:Happy Birthday. Ken.
Thanks, Steve.
Hey, your birthday isn't over out here on the left coast.  Still got 2 hours and 43 minutes.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 04, 2014, 12:12:19 AM
Happy Birthday, USA!!!
Amen, and Amen.

Thanks, Antnee.  Nice, new fresh banter.  And a jam, even!
I had nothing to do with the jam.  But have a great day, Bret et al.
We blame you for things you have no control over, may as well take credit for same with the good things.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 12:14:28 AM
Happy Birthday, USA!!!
Amen, and Amen.

Thanks, Antnee.  Nice, new fresh banter.  And a jam, even!
I had nothing to do with the jam.  But have a great day, Bret et al.
We blame you for things you have no control over, may as well take credit for same with the good things.
indeed.  Howdy to ya, Dave.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 04, 2014, 12:15:06 AM
Nice to have a jam today!

Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: SLY on July 04, 2014, 12:17:04 AM
Sly:Happy Birthday. Ken.
Thanks, Steve.
I am up way too late.  Spent the afternoon & evening on the shore of the Chesapeake Bay, the land of pleasant living. But I didn't want to go to bed without wishing you a happy birthday.  You a true & noble BOTL, Ken.  All the best for the rest of your birthday and the coming year.  Now, I'm heading to bed.  God bless you all & (RR) "God bless the United States of America "
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 12:18:23 AM
Sly:Happy Birthday. Ken.
Thanks, Steve.
I am up way too late.  Spent the afternoon & evening on the shore of the Chesapeake Bay, the land of pleasant living. But I didn't want to go to bed without wishing you a happy birthday.  You a true & noble BOTL, Ken.  All the best for the rest of your birthday and the coming year.  Now, I'm heading to bed.  God bless you all & (RR) "God bless the United States of America "
G'night, Sly.  All the blessings of liberty, to yourself and your posterity.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 04, 2014, 12:19:19 AM
Time for bed.  Have a good 4th all.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: glassken on July 04, 2014, 12:30:41 AM
Happy Birthday, USA!!!
Tony, that was very good! I have been going from my birthday, to the birthday of my beloved Country! For 52 years!
Cry the beloved country.
I'm starting to not have much love for the USA. Too many stupid people. Yes, we always had stupid people, but at least they had a bit of common sense. TV, and in particular the National news that used to be somewhat impartial, and report FACTS, has now changed to give the news caster talking head's opinion, and of course the Network owners opinion. Nothing can be trusted from these clowns. The brainwashing started when I was young, and continues full force. We can't elect good politicians, because there are not any! Ron Paul would have shook things up, and made it better, but he was considered too old, and the press made him out to be crazy. A man who wanted to follow the Constitution was labeled Crazy! The young people--who know nothing, are electing Presidents---we need to fix this in the next election. Everyone who bitches needs to vote! Go to nursing homes, and give them a ride to the voting booth! Our Country needs all of us to vote, or Hillary Rodham Clinton will be President.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 12:31:58 AM
Time for bed.  Have a good 4th all.
G'night, Dave.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 12:36:51 AM
[...]
It's really no different now than it's ever been, in fact (all things considered) it's better than it's ever been, except during the 1990's. The problem right now is we've raised two generations of mama's boys who don't know how to hunt or shoot and have been overly sheltered except for the ones we sent into combat and then nickel-and-dimed their VA benefits.  We don't have a government problem, we have a manhood crisis.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 04, 2014, 12:40:47 AM
[...]
Ken, let the stupid people vote,if Obama had his way he'd be named supreme commander and stay in office forever, we can't have that!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 12:42:11 AM
Halfway through this San Lotano Hababo, and besides dumping its ash on my shirt it's still a very nice cigar.  Better with neat Jim Beam than with CanClub.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 12:46:07 AM
Nice avi, Ken!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Highway Man on July 04, 2014, 12:47:48 AM
What are your thoughts on the limited Don Pepin Garcia Blue Lable Maduro?
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: glassken on July 04, 2014, 12:48:00 AM
[...]
What??? I disagree, Bret. We have a problem. Trillion dollar debt, and give Billions for stupid programs that do not work. We had an excess, not debt when some of these give away programs started. What does hunting and shooting have to do... you lost me. I live in a state where EVERYONE knows how to hunt and shoot, and that has nothing to do with voting for people that want to end the USA as we know it. Obama hates America--he really does. He has done nothing but try to break the bank, and ruin this Country.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 04, 2014, 01:01:22 AM
I wish this forum had a sarcasm tag so I knew how seriously to take the the political opinions posted here.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 04, 2014, 01:02:12 AM
[...]
Amen brother Ken.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 01:04:41 AM
What??? I disagree, Bret. We have a problem. Trillion dollar debt, and give Billions for stupid programs that do not work. We had an excess, not debt when some of these give away programs started. What does hunting and shooting have to do... you lost me. I live in a state where EVERYONE knows how to hunt and shoot, and that has nothing to do with voting for people that want to end the USA as we know it. Obama hates America--he really does. He has done nothing but try to break the bank, and ruin this Country.
Stay with me here...

Obama hates what America came to represent, and he refuses to identify with what it previously was because what it previously was was tied - in his mind - to Jim Crow.  And that's a fair accusation, but it misses part of the point.

You have to look at the trillion dollar debt in terms of percentage of GDP.  Yes, it's a problem, but not as big a problem as it looks.  Yes, Obama wants to err on the side of spending on entitlements - he's a liberal.  That's what liberals want to do.

But we had 48 years of liberal government between 1933 and 1981 and the country survived it until the 1970's, which sucked.  Then Reagan came and increased the debt on a scale that, adjusted for inflation, Obama WISHES he could match.  But Reagan knew what he was doing and it was fine.  Clinton came and, despite his liberal preferences, knew he had to take care of the debt and he did.

The problem isn't Obama's liberalism.  The problem is that the generations that came of age in the 50's, 60's and 70's saw what liberalism did, and had the balls to demand change.  Now we're all aging out and being replaced by the Millennials, and all they understand is entitlement.  There aren't enough men with the cajones to stand for independence, personal achievement, and limited government.  There are a bunch of whiners that Obama knows how to work.

Does that make sense?
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 01:06:47 AM
I wish this forum had a sarcasm tag so I knew how seriously to take the the political opinions posted here.
Take it as it comes, remember that the people here may have strident opinions but they're generous with cigars, and post your reasoned opinions.  We're big boys here, right?
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: glassken on July 04, 2014, 01:16:40 AM
I wish this forum had a sarcasm tag so I knew how seriously to take the the political opinions posted here.
///Serious, Will
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 01:19:21 AM
Understand - my principles are conservative, in the sense of what conservatism should really represent.  I don't care who anyone fucks, or marries, or what they smoke or drink or stuff up their noses, asses, vaginas, or veins.

What I know is that the government should stay out of our personal lives, and out of our wallets.  The more money I have in my wallet, the more I'm gonna spend on cigars, and the more I'm gonna spend on parts for my Harley, and the more I'm gonna spend on my house.  And that puts a lot of people in business.  And the more cigars there are in my humidor, the more I'm gonna want to up and ship a box out to Steve, or Ken, or JR.  The more I have in my wallet, the more I'm going to be willing to kick out to the homeless guy on the street, or my unemployed neighbor, or my church.  The more I have in my wallet, the more likely I am to indulge my wife's sentiments that we should maybe adopt some troubled kid.  The more I have in my wallet, the more I'll spend on firearms training so that I can dispatch the sumbitch who feels the need to splatter people's blood or steal their cash.  That makes the world a better place.

But when Obama starts sticking his hands in my wallet, I turn into a tightwad.  That makes the world worse off.

That's the kind of conservative I am.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 01:27:17 AM
gnite all
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 01:27:18 AM
 3 Romeo y Julieta Reserve No.1 Robusto
          5/32.50
 2 Romeo y Julieta Reserve Churchill
         10/34.99
 1 Latitude Zero
          5/22.50
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 01:27:38 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 01:29:05 AM
What are your thoughts on the limited Don Pepin Garcia Blue Lable Maduro?
Sorry, Highway...your post kinda got lost in the politics.  ;D

I've heard good things from the more senior folks here about the Garcia Blues.  I haven't had any myself, yet.  But Pepin makes a good cigar when he puts his mind to it - which is most of the time.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 01:30:12 AM
gnite all
Night, Fred.  Hope you're not leaving because of the politics.  ;-)
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 01:30:23 AM
Good morning guys.
Howdy, Chip!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 01:33:54 AM
Good morning guys.
Howdy, Chip!
Howdy Bretwith1T/Mav.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 01:34:08 AM
Ain't it just like a guy who trained as a preacher to put everyone to sleep?
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 01:34:50 AM
Good morning guys.
Howdy, Chip!
Howdy Bretwith1T/Mav.
Smartass.  Chip, you're one of the few people on earth I'll let call me Mav.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 01:36:14 AM
Time to start the 4th off, even though I have to work today.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 01:36:59 AM
Last third of this SL Hababo is dynamite.  I'm not sure I'd ever order a box of these, but the occasional fiver?  Definitely.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 01:38:26 AM
Time to start the 4th off, even though I have to work today.
Whoa...a Camacho from a coffin? Niiiice.

I've got a Camacho Corojo from Ken here.  Think I'll light that up next.

You have to work on Independence Day?? Please tell me they're paying you double-time.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 01:40:08 AM
Good morning guys.
Howdy, Chip!
Howdy Bretwith1T/Mav.
Smartass.  Chip, you're one of the few people on earth I'll let call me Mav.
Its always funny to see the names we are called when we were young not get used when we are older. I have three brothers and two of us still go by our nicknames given at birth and two that go by their real names, of course Butch and Buzz don't really sound very professional.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 01:41:42 AM
Time to start the 4th off, even though I have to work today.
Whoa...a Camacho from a coffin? Niiiice.

I've got a Camacho Corojo from Ken here.  Think I'll light that up next.

You have to work on Independence Day?? Please tell me they're paying you double-time.
This isn't a holiday for us I am afraid, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter are the only Holidays the owners recognize. Just another day in the good for me.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 01:43:24 AM
Good morning guys.
Howdy, Chip!
Howdy Bretwith1T/Mav.
Smartass.  Chip, you're one of the few people on earth I'll let call me Mav.
Its always funny to see the names we are called when we were young not get used when we are older. I have three brothers and two of us still go by our nicknames given at birth and two that go by their real names, of course Butch and Buzz don't really sound very professional.
My dad called me Butch, when I was young.  Now he tends to call me Kid, or Slick.  But those nicknames never stuck with anyone else. Raz is the one that sticks the most with everyone else.  Is Chip the real name, or a nick itself?
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 01:44:59 AM
 4 5 Vegas Miami Robusto
         10/34.99
 3 Romeo y Julieta Reserve No.1 Robusto
          5/32.50
 2 Romeo y Julieta Reserve Churchill
         10/34.99
 1 Latitude Zero
          5/22.50
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 01:45:20 AM
Time to start the 4th off, even though I have to work today.
Whoa...a Camacho from a coffin? Niiiice.

I've got a Camacho Corojo from Ken here.  Think I'll light that up next.

You have to work on Independence Day?? Please tell me they're paying you double-time.
This isn't a holiday for us I am afraid, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter are the only Holidays the owners recognize. Just another day in the good for me.
I'm trying to figure your owners...must be old-school Fundamentalists.  Or country-club republicans.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 01:48:03 AM
Time to start the 4th off, even though I have to work today.
Whoa...a Camacho from a coffin? Niiiice.

I've got a Camacho Corojo from Ken here.  Think I'll light that up next.

You have to work on Independence Day?? Please tell me they're paying you double-time.
I picked this one up from a local shop back in Feb so it would be ready for today, first time to try a Liberty, construction and draw are perfect, flavors in first third are nothing special though.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 01:50:00 AM
Time to start the 4th off, even though I have to work today.
Whoa...a Camacho from a coffin? Niiiice.

I've got a Camacho Corojo from Ken here.  Think I'll light that up next.

You have to work on Independence Day?? Please tell me they're paying you double-time.
This isn't a holiday for us I am afraid, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter are the only Holidays the owners recognize. Just another day in the good for me.
I'm trying to figure your owners...must be old-school Fundamentalists.  Or country-club republicans.
The latter of course, he has to keep his money so he can go off hunting like the trip he just got back from Wed, 2 weeks of hunting in Argentina.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 01:52:06 AM
Time to start the 4th off, even though I have to work today.
Whoa...a Camacho from a coffin? Niiiice.

I've got a Camacho Corojo from Ken here.  Think I'll light that up next.

You have to work on Independence Day?? Please tell me they're paying you double-time.
This isn't a holiday for us I am afraid, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter are the only Holidays the owners recognize. Just another day in the good for me.
I'm trying to figure your owners...must be old-school Fundamentalists.  Or country-club republicans.
The latter of course, he has to keep his money so he can go off hunting like the trip he just got back from Wed, 2 weeks of hunting in Argentina.
Nice work, if you can get it.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 01:52:54 AM
A third bourbon?  Why sure.  I don't have to get up early.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 02:02:11 AM
SL Hababo finally nubbed.  Nice cigar, if a tad nondescript in the first half.  Camacho Corojo up next.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: glassken on July 04, 2014, 02:16:52 AM
[...]

Bret, I liked this second rant. Because that is me personified!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 04, 2014, 02:17:43 AM
Did everybody just go to sleep?
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 04, 2014, 02:20:42 AM
Never mind.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 02:22:11 AM
Did everybody just go to sleep?
Good morning JR, I wish I was asleep but I was just catching up on the two banters from last night.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: glassken on July 04, 2014, 02:22:43 AM
Basically, a Libertarian. It's very simple:  "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 02:22:57 AM
Did everybody just go to sleep?
Only 11:22 here.  I figured y'all had nodded off.  Just getting ready to light up the next cigar.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 02:23:33 AM
Basically, a Libertarian. It's very simple:  "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes.

Yes.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 02:25:29 AM
Well, it was going to be a Ken-gifted Camacho Corojo.  But when I reached into the humidor, this Oy-Traded LP9 jumped into my hand.  So...Liga Privada.  And more bourbon.  I'm not drunk yet, but can see drunk up ahead.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: glassken on July 04, 2014, 02:28:33 AM
Read:
Libertarian Party Chair Nicholas Sarwark said, "Those words from the Declaration also hold true of political parties. The Republicans and Democrats have no interest in securing our rights -- they have become 'destructive of these ends,' and now spend most of their time working on new ways to violate our rights. It's time to throw them out."

Sarwark continued, "According to recent Gallup polling, 46% of Americans now consider themselves 'independent' from the Democratic and Republican parties. We urge the other 54% to join them.

"The Republicans and Democrats have maintained their power partly by fostering the illusion that they are significantly different from each other. Supporters are told that if the other team gets elected, the world will end. In reality, the Republicans and Democrats are so similar that it doesn't matter which of them are in power. George W. Bush and the Republicans grew government across the board. Barack Obama and the Democrats grew government across the board."

I have been saying for years, that there is not a "dimes" difference between the parties.-Ken
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 02:28:43 AM
LP9 - Milder to the nose than the SL hababo.  Solid construction  Licorice right off the bat on the light. Mild flavors to start. I'm thinking Tennessee whiskey for this.  Old No. 7.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Johnny on July 04, 2014, 02:28:45 AM
Did everybody just go to sleep?
Good morning JR, I wish I was asleep but I was just catching up on the two banters from last night.
Morning Chip,I should be in bed by now but still have beer to drink.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: glassken on July 04, 2014, 02:32:03 AM
gnite all
Nite, Bob!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 02:32:03 AM
Did everybody just go to sleep?
Good morning JR, I wish I was asleep but I was just catching up on the two banters from last night.
Morning Chip,I should be in bed by now but still have beer to drink.
No reason to let good beer go to waste for sure.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 02:35:43 AM
[...]

In principle, I'm with you.

But principles are easily bought.  The problem with Libertarianism is that if it's done right, it fails for lack of a structure to preserve it.  This is what I find so objectionable about the "top-two" primary systems. It allows political participation without principle.

The answer is not to throw all the sumbitches out, the answer is to put in the right sumbitches.  I don't mind junkyard dogs, I just want them to recognize me from the last time I threw them some red meat. I want MY sumbitch in office.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 02:36:53 AM
Did everybody just go to sleep?
Good morning JR, I wish I was asleep but I was just catching up on the two banters from last night.
Morning Chip,I should be in bed by now but still have beer to drink.
No reason to let good beer go to waste for sure.
I did my first drinking with Navy men. Say what you want about Navy men, but never forget that on payday they always buy a round and no beer is left unfinished.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 02:39:59 AM
LP9 has really amazing construction.  You can see the entubar approach in the ash.  Tennessee whiskey is overwhelming it though.  Switching to cognac.  Don't have any good cognac, so Hennessey VS will have to do.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: glassken on July 04, 2014, 02:43:32 AM
[...]

"The problem with Libertarianism is that if it's done right, it fails for lack of a structure to preserve it" What? No sense was made here. Please explain why it lacks structure, and why is this "so called" structure important to you? There is no problem with Libertarians. Only with people who talk with there mouth full.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 02:52:17 AM
[...]

Ouch!  ;-) Fair enough.

Libertarianism, by definition, is suspicious of party structure.  It relies on the principles of its adherents for its strength.  Problem is, men of principle are few and far between.  There's you, and me, and JR and Chip.  KC.  JWack, but JWack isn't everyone's cup of tea.  And let's face it, I've compromised my principles so often I've got scars on my knees from it.

After that, how many men of principle do you know?  I could introduce you to some up here - my friends Tim, Jay, Keith, Patrick, and Brad.  My dad.  My brothers.  But then...what?  How do you enforce discipline upon the weaker men with so few better men to wield the big stick?

This has always been the weakness of Libertarianism.  It doesn't want to enforce accountability.  It wants to presume that men are not only created equal, and endowed with inalienable rights, it wants to also presume that both their boldness and passivity are equally valid.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 03:01:02 AM
Thoughts on the first third of the LP9.  It really wants Cognac, but good Cognac.  This Hennessy VS is too watery.  This is a subtle cigar.  It should be the first cigar of the evening, following a decently prepared multicourse meal with lots of good wine.  If this cigar was a woman, it would be...hrmmm...Nicole Kidman.  Tall, slinky, pretty, elegant, alluring, expensively dressed and expensively  perfumed...but distant, not terribly voluptuous, and a bit cold.  Maybe Greta Garbo.

I like a raunchier cigar...and woman.

Switching back to bourbon.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 03:05:18 AM
Looking back at yesterday's DDA, I can't believe what some of these guys are willing to bid just to win, the top guy almost doubled the starting price just so he could win some punch's.

    Bidder   Quantity   Bid Amount
Per Item
1.    marspore   4 of 10   $49.25
2.    CKING   1 of 10   $46.00
3.    NHAMILTON   2 of 10   $45.00
4.    SteelerNation   1 of 10   $43.00
5.    artrade   1 of 10   $40.20
6.    telos3000@hotmail.com   2 of 10   $40.10
7.    Miami1   1 of 10   $40.03
8.    TSUSSAN   2 of 10   $40.01
9.    sumogolf   1 of 10   $40.00
10.    timog   2 of 10   $38.79
11.    SLAI   1 of 10   $38.00
12.    wether   1 of 10   $36.00
13.    farmerjohn   1 of 10   $35.01
14.    TIN253   3 of 10   $32.01
15.    rpsesq   1 of 10   $31.00
16.    swenton4   1 of 10   $30.12
17.    Cookie   2 of 10   $30.10
18.    SouthernSmoker   1 of 10   $30.01
19.    Vince V.   2 of 10   $30.00
20.    Smokindiesel   1 of 10   $30.00
21.    hbr   2 of 10   $28.00
22.    MattOO   2 of 10   $27.97
23.    CFLYNN   1 of 10   $27.79
24.    popeyes   2 of 10   $27.52
25.    Jmscs1   1 of 10   $26.79
26.    jamey999   1 of 10   $26.79
27.    bbreit   1 of 10   $26.79
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: glassken on July 04, 2014, 03:05:27 AM
[...]

Accountability? The two parties are not famous for that either. Who in Washinton is famous for accountability? It will be a revolution, or the end of this Country as we know it. It's already heading in that direction. This is not a case study in class--this is reality. Only so much can a man take. You are brainwashed that there has to be a two party system, but it has been in place for that reason--so we take sides, and it does not matter who wins. Because we all will loose. Maybe not in my lifetime, but maybe our kids lifetime. Wake up! You are spewing the pablum you were fed! Think without the political machine, and all of the brainwashing.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 03:06:54 AM
Time to hit the road for work, enjoy the jam guys.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 03:07:45 AM
Looking back at yesterday's DDA, I can't believe what some of these guys are willing to bid just to win, the top guy almost doubled the starting price just so he could win some punch's.

    Bidder   Quantity   Bid Amount
Per Item
1.    marspore   4 of 10   $49.25

Auctions produce insanity. Sometimes I just have to shake my head and hope the winner really enjoys what he paid too much for.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 03:22:36 AM
/quote]Accountability? The two parties are not famous for that either. Who in Washinton is famous for accountability? It will be a revolution, or the end of this Country as we know it. It's already heading in that direction. This is not a case study in class--this is reality. Only so much can a man take. You are brainwashed that there has to be a two party system, but it has been in place for that reason--so we take sides, and it does not matter who wins. Because we all will loose. Maybe not in my lifetime, but maybe our kids lifetime. Wake up! You are spewing the pablum you were fed! Think without the political machine, and all of the brainwashing.
When you say "you" you don't mean me personally, right?  ;-)

I don't believe there should only be two parties.  But there should be parties.  They force their members into principle, discipline, and - when necessary and appropriate - compromise.  That's the only way a Republic will work.  The ideal of the "lone wolf" - Mr. Smith Goes to Washington - is a false ideal.  In nature, the lone wolf has been rejected by the pack because he is deficient.  The lone wolf is a leper, if not bodily, then socially.

Think about it in terms of the banter.  Let's say I lose my job on Monday.  I can't buy cigars, or booze to go with them.  Now...if I've lived up to the unstated principles of the banter - don't be a dick, have something to contribute, be generous with what you have - then it would not be out of the question that the amigos here might send me some cigars, maybe some decent beers or booze. We enforce a certain principle here, and it benefits all.  You once sent me a bunch of cigars, just because.  You probably have no idea how often I've told the story of opening that box of cigars, or how many times you've been toasted for it by my friends.  And because of that, I feel a burden to be generous with what I've got.  So Steve inquired about Partagas D#4s, and I sent him one, along with one of each of the best I've got in my humidor.  I did it because I wanted to emulate Ken.  Steve tells me today he's sent me some cigars.  I'm gonna send JR some cigars.  We're all better for it, because there is the gentle - but unyielding - pressure to yield to the principles of the group.

The problem with Libertarianism - even though I agree with its principles - is that it doesn't want to shove itself down anyone's throat.  But with humans, you gotta shove it down their throat most of the time.

Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 03:25:53 AM
 5 Montecristo Churchill Extra
          5/32.50
 4 5 Vegas Miami Robusto
         10/34.99
 3 Romeo y Julieta Reserve No.1 Robusto
          5/32.50
 2 Romeo y Julieta Reserve Churchill
         10/34.99
 1 Latitude Zero
          5/22.50
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: glassken on July 04, 2014, 03:34:51 AM
[...]

Think about it in terms of the banter.  Let's say I lose my job on Monday.  I can't buy cigars, or booze to go with them.  Now...if I've lived up to the unstated principles of the banter - don't be a dick, have something to contribute, be generous with what you have - then it would not be out of the question that the amigos here might send me some cigars, maybe some decent beers or booze. We enforce a certain principle here, and it benefits all.  You once sent me a bunch of cigars, just because.  You probably have no idea how often I've told the story of opening that box of cigars, or how man times you've been toasted.  And because of that, I feel a burden to be generous with what I've got.  So Steve inquired about Partagas D#4s, and I sent him one, along with one of each of the best I've got in my humidor.  I did it because I wanted to emulate Ken.  Steve tells me today he's sent me some cigars.  I'm gonna send JR some cigars.  We're all better for it, because there is the gentle - but unyielding - pressure to yield to the principles of the group.

The problem with Libertarianism - even though I agree with its principles - is that it doesn't want to shove itself down anyone's throat.  But with humans, you gotta shove it down their throat most of the time.
Bret, has anyone ever told you that you think too much? Well, they were right. I do it too, so welcome to the club. Good night and Vote Libertarian, or start a revolution--even if the first 5000, or 50000 die! That's shoving it down there throats, huh?
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 03:37:15 AM
[...]

Tell you what, when the revolution starts, I'll be with you on the front lines.  You bring cigars, I'll bring scotch.  And we'll both bring guns. ;-)
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 03:51:48 AM
Down to the last third of this LP9. It's a fine, sophisticated cigar, but a bit too subtle.  I won't buy a box of them, because they're overpriced for what they are.  But very nice.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 03:57:02 AM
And now, I'm a bit drunk.  Been a fun evening, and a fun debate.  Ken, JR, Chip...here's too ya.  It's nice to have friends who'll drink with you, smoke with you, and argue with you.

May you all have a blessed Independence Day.  Up the rebels, down the British.  Thanks for enriching my life.  I bid you peace.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 04:44:43 AM
Today is Friday, July 4, the 185th day of 2014. There are 180 days left in the year. This is Independence Day.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 04:45:23 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 04:45:41 AM
On July 4, 1776, the Declaration of Independence was adopted by delegates to the Second Continental Congress in Philadelphia.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 04:46:21 AM
In 1802, the United States Military Academy officially opened at West Point, New York.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 04:46:41 AM
In 1831, the fifth president of the United States, James Monroe, died in New York City at age 73.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 04:47:01 AM
In 1863, the Civil War Siege of Vicksburg, Mississippi, ended as a Confederate garrison surrendered to Union forces.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 04:47:19 AM
In 1872, the 30th president of the United States, Calvin Coolidge, was born in Plymouth, Vermont.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 04:47:39 AM
In 1912, the 48-star American flag, recognizing New Mexico statehood, was adopted. A train wreck near Corning, New York, claimed 39 lives.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 04:48:00 AM
In 1939, Lou Gehrig of the New York Yankees delivered his famous farewell speech in which he called himself "the luckiest man on the face of the earth."
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 04:48:18 AM
In 1942, Irving Berlin's musical review "This Is the Army" opened at the Broadway Theater in New York.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 04:48:38 AM
In 1959, America's 49-star flag, recognizing Alaskan statehood, was officially unfurled.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 04:53:33 AM
good morning Chip. Happy 4th of July.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 04:59:26 AM
 6 Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon Robusto
         10/32.50
 5 Montecristo Churchill Extra
          5/32.50
 4 5 Vegas Miami Robusto
         10/34.99
 3 Romeo y Julieta Reserve No.1 Robusto
          5/32.50
 2 Romeo y Julieta Reserve Churchill
         10/34.99
 1 Latitude Zero
          5/22.50
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 05:00:05 AM
good morning Chip. Happy 4th of July.
Good morning Dean and wishing you a Happy 4th also my friend.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 05:13:28 AM
good morning Chip. Happy 4th of July.
Good morning Dean and wishing you a Happy 4th also my friend.
I'm off for a wet round of golf.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 05:33:25 AM
In 1960, America's 50-star flag, recognizing Hawaiian statehood, was officially unfurled.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 05:33:43 AM
In 1976, Israeli commandos raided Entebbe (en-TEH'-bee) airport in Uganda (yoo-GAHN'-dah), rescuing almost all of the passengers and crew of an Air France jetliner seized by pro-Palestinian hijackers.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 05:34:05 AM
In 1982, the space shuttle Columbia concluded its fourth and final test flight with a smooth landing at Edwards Air Force Base in California. Heavy metal rocker Ozzy Osbourne married his manager, Sharon Arden, in Maui, Hawaii.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 05:34:36 AM
In 1999, white supremacist Benjamin Nathaniel Smith shot himself to death as police closed in on him in southern Illinois, hours after he'd apparently shot and killed a Korean man outside a church in Bloomington, Indiana; authorities believe Smith was also responsible for killing former college basketball coach Ricky Byrdsong during a three-day rampage targeting minorities.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 05:35:04 AM
Ten years ago: A 20-ton slab of granite, inscribed to honor "the enduring spirit of freedom," was laid at the World Trade Center site as the cornerstone of the Freedom Tower skyscraper that replaced the destroyed twin towers. Defending the war in Iraq, President George W. Bush told a cheering crowd outside the West Virginia state capitol that America was safer because Saddam Hussein was in a prison cell. Roger Federer overcame Andy Roddick's power game to win his second straight Wimbledon title, 4-6, 7-5, 7-6 (3), 6-4. Meg Mallon won the Women's U.S. Open with a 6-under 65.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 05:35:28 AM
Five years ago: Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair was fatally shot in a Nashville condo by his mistress, Sahel Kazemi (sah-HEHL' kah-ZEE'-mee), who then killed herself. North Korea launched seven ballistic missiles into waters off its east coast. The Statue of Liberty's crown was reopened to tourists for the first time since September 11, 2001. Serena Williams beat her big sister, Venus, 7-6 (3), 6-2 for her third Wimbledon title and 11th Grand Slam championship.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 05:35:51 AM
One year ago: Egypt's interim president, Adly Mansour, was sworn in following the ouster of Mohammed Morsi, the Islamist leader overthrown by the military after just one year in office. The Statue of Liberty reopened on the Fourth of July, eight months after Superstorm Sandy shuttered the national symbol of freedom. Bernadette Nolan, 52, a member of the singing sister act the Nolans who had a worldwide hit in 1979 with "I'm In The Mood For Dancing," died in Surrey, England.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 05:36:16 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actress Eva Marie Saint is 90. Actress Gina Lollobrigida is 87. Playwright Neil Simon is 87. Country singer Ray Pillow is 77. Singer Bill Withers is 76. Actor Ed Bernard is 75. Actress Karolyn Grimes is 74. Broadcast journalist Geraldo Rivera is 71. Rhythm-and-blues musician Ralph Johnson (Earth, Wind and Fire) is 63. Rock musician Domingo Ortiz (Widespread Panic) is 62. Singer John Waite is 59. Rock musician Kirk Pengilly (INXS) is 56. Country musician Teddy Carr is 54. Rock DJ Zonka is 52. Tennis Hall of Famer Pam Shriver is 52. Rock musician Matt Malley is 51. Christian rock singer Michael Sweet is 51. Actor-playwright-screenwriter Tracy Letts is 49. Actor Al Madrigal is 43. Actress Jenica Bergere is 40. Actor-singer John Lloyd Young is 39. Singer Stephen "Ste" McNally (BBMak) is 36. Actress Becki Newton is 36. TV personality Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino is 32. Rhythm-and-blues singer Melanie Fiona is 31. Malia Obama is 16.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 05:36:41 AM
Thought for Today: "Intellectually, I know that America is no better than any other country; emotionally I know she is better than every other country." — Sinclair Lewis, American author (1885-1951).

Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 05:37:08 AM
For the Birds
-------------------------

I was at the mall the other day eating at the food court. I noticed an old man watching a teenager sitting next to him. The teenager had spiked hair in all different colors: green, red, orange, and blue.

The old man kept staring at him. The teenager would look and find the old man staring every time.
When the teenager had enough, he sarcastically asked, "What's the matter old man, never done anything wild in your life?

The old man did not bat an eye in his response, "Got drunk once and had sex with a peacock. I was just wondering if you were my son."
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 06:00:20 AM
Good morning Short stack.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 06:01:06 AM
Good morning Ogie!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Short stack on July 04, 2014, 06:13:01 AM
Good morning Short stack.
Good morning Sir and  fun and safe 4th to You and Your family
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 06:22:41 AM
Good morning Short stack.
Good morning Sir and  fun and safe 4th to You and Your family
Thank you sir and you have a great one also.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 04, 2014, 06:29:24 AM
In 1960, America's 50-star flag, recognizing Hawaiian statehood, was officially unfurled.
And what to do with all those 49 star flags that were just made last year....
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 04, 2014, 06:36:49 AM
Page 8 already!  Good morning all, happy 4th!

Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 06:48:07 AM
 7 La Aurora Preferidos Maduro No.2
          5/25.00
 6 Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon Robusto
         10/32.50
 5 Montecristo Churchill Extra
          5/32.50
 4 5 Vegas Miami Robusto
         10/34.99
 3 Romeo y Julieta Reserve No.1 Robusto
          5/32.50
 2 Romeo y Julieta Reserve Churchill
         10/34.99
 1 Latitude Zero
          5/22.50
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 06:48:46 AM
Page 8 already!  Good morning all, happy 4th!
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 06:49:10 AM
Page 8 already!  Good morning all, happy 4th!
Talking politics will do that.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 04, 2014, 06:54:50 AM
Page 8 already!  Good morning all, happy 4th!
Good morning Dave.
Morning Chip.  You at work?
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 04, 2014, 07:00:52 AM
Happy 4th of July Jam Day LSU, Short Stack and Travellin Dave.  Jeez I slept through 6 Jam Offerings and 8 Banter pages.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 04, 2014, 07:40:35 AM
SHEESH Time!!!   And an error message on the Jam.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 07:52:28 AM
Page 8 already!  Good morning all, happy 4th!
Good morning Dave.
Morning Chip.  You at work?
Of course I am at work, no fun for me today.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 07:53:37 AM
 8 The Griffin's Robusto
         10/37.50
 7 La Aurora Preferidos Maduro No.2
          5/25.00
 6 Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon Robusto
         10/32.50
 5 Montecristo Churchill Extra
          5/32.50
 4 5 Vegas Miami Robusto
         10/34.99
 3 Romeo y Julieta Reserve No.1 Robusto
          5/32.50
 2 Romeo y Julieta Reserve Churchill
         10/34.99
 1 Latitude Zero
          5/22.50
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 07:54:19 AM
SHEESH Time!!!   And an error message on the Jam.
Good morning Native, I have been getting error message since early this morning.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 04, 2014, 07:57:43 AM
SHEESH Time!!!   And an error message on the Jam.
Good morning Native, I have been getting error message since early this morning.
Its an ERROR I'm at work today. Morning all and Happy 4th
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 04, 2014, 08:03:29 AM
SHEESH Time!!!   And an error message on the Jam.
Good morning Native, I have been getting error message since early this morning.
Morning LSU hope you at least have a quiet working holiday.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 04, 2014, 08:04:44 AM
SHEESH Time!!!   And an error message on the Jam.
Good morning Native, I have been getting error message since early this morning.
Its an ERROR I'm at work today. Morning all and Happy 4th
Good Morning OY, That is an ERROR!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 08:13:35 AM
SHEESH Time!!!   And an error message on the Jam.
Good morning Native, I have been getting error message since early this morning.
Its an ERROR I'm at work today. Morning all and Happy 4th
Good Morning OY, That is an ERROR!
from the looks of Chips recaps, there hasn't been much to get excited about. morning all
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 04, 2014, 08:15:53 AM
SHEESH Time!!!   And an error message on the Jam.
Good morning Native, I have been getting error message since early this morning.
Its an ERROR I'm at work today. Morning all and Happy 4th
Good Morning OY, That is an ERROR!
from the looks of Chips recaps, there hasn't been much to get excited about. morning all
Morning FB! Looks like boring offerings but where would the surprise be with that?  Never heard of those Latitudes myself so don't know about them might be good.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 08:19:25 AM
SHEESH Time!!!   And an error message on the Jam.
Good morning Native, I have been getting error message since early this morning.
Its an ERROR I'm at work today. Morning all and Happy 4th
Good Morning OY, That is an ERROR!
from the looks of Chips recaps, there hasn't been much to get excited about. morning all
Morning FB! Looks like boring offerings but where would the surprise be with that?  Never heard of those Latitudes myself so don't know about them might be good.
I think they are another CI "exclusive". can only find info for them on their sites. morning TxDave
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 04, 2014, 08:22:08 AM
SHEESH Time!!!   And an error message on the Jam.
Good morning Native, I have been getting error message since early this morning.
Its an ERROR I'm at work today. Morning all and Happy 4th
Good Morning OY, That is an ERROR!
from the looks of Chips recaps, there hasn't been much to get excited about. morning all
Morning FB! Looks like boring offerings but where would the surprise be with that?  Never heard of those Latitudes myself so don't know about them might be good.
I think they are another CI "exclusive". can only find info for them on their sites. morning TxDave
Figures.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 08:22:54 AM
SHEESH Time!!!   And an error message on the Jam.
Good morning Native, I have been getting error message since early this morning.
Its an ERROR I'm at work today. Morning all and Happy 4th
Good Morning OY, That is an ERROR!
from the looks of Chips recaps, there hasn't been much to get excited about. morning all
Morning FB! Looks like boring offerings but where would the surprise be with that?  Never heard of those Latitudes myself so don't know about them might be good.
I think it was yesterday the sis had them as their daily deal.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 08:23:08 AM
 9 Man O' War L.E. Orange County Choppers Toro
          5/27.50
 8 The Griffin's Robusto
         10/37.50
 7 La Aurora Preferidos Maduro No.2
          5/25.00
 6 Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon Robusto
         10/32.50
 5 Montecristo Churchill Extra
          5/32.50
 4 5 Vegas Miami Robusto
         10/34.99
 3 Romeo y Julieta Reserve No.1 Robusto
          5/32.50
 2 Romeo y Julieta Reserve Churchill
         10/34.99
 1 Latitude Zero
          5/22.50
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 08:24:42 AM
We are up to 5 items today on JR's DDA, better than 3 I guess.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 08:27:42 AM
We are up to 5 items today on JR's DDA, better than 3 I guess.
Not much to look at there either. Mornin Chip.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 04, 2014, 08:38:56 AM
Guess I will get my lazy ass moving have a good 4th everyone.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 08:52:42 AM
10 Camacho Corojo Machitos
         40/39.99
 9 Man O' War L.E. Orange County Choppers Toro
          5/27.50
 8 The Griffin's Robusto
         10/37.50
 7 La Aurora Preferidos Maduro No.2
          5/25.00
 6 Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon Robusto
         10/32.50
 5 Montecristo Churchill Extra
          5/32.50
 4 5 Vegas Miami Robusto
         10/34.99
 3 Romeo y Julieta Reserve No.1 Robusto
          5/32.50
 2 Romeo y Julieta Reserve Churchill
         10/34.99
 1 Latitude Zero
          5/22.50
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 08:59:31 AM
9 o'clock and 18 holes of wet muddy golf in already. was given a house brand maduro toro which wasn't bad. now to find some bacon, eggs, hash browns, toast and coffee.

jam doesn't look too exciting.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 04, 2014, 09:20:26 AM
Jam is definitely uninspired....
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 04, 2014, 09:21:30 AM
Only a matter of time before we get some CAO America's.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 09:25:23 AM
Good morning to all , and happy 4th .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 09:26:48 AM
Only a matter of time before we get some CAO America's.
Dave have the jams ever been good ? .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 09:30:47 AM
huh, my CI order has been sitting in East Syracuse, NY since 2:35am yesterday, but, "A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible." WTF.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 09:33:11 AM
Its the same dog and pony show every week , on the jam .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 09:36:31 AM
huh, my CI order has been sitting in East Syracuse, NY since 2:35am yesterday, but, "A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible." WTF.
Good morning Dean,  not good at all .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 09:44:07 AM
huh, my CI order has been sitting in East Syracuse, NY since 2:35am yesterday, but, "A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible." WTF.
Good morning Dean,  not good at all .
I could drive there and back in less than 2 hours. sheesh.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 09:45:26 AM
huh, my CI order has been sitting in East Syracuse, NY since 2:35am yesterday, but, "A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible." WTF.
Good morning Dean,  not good at all .
I could drive there and back in less than 2 hours. sheesh.
Sheesh is right .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 04, 2014, 09:56:36 AM
Only a matter of time before we get some CAO America's.
Dave have the jams ever been good ? .
There have been a few, scattered here and there... the majority are closet cleaning however.  Then again, you don't expect to necessarily find the best when you're looking on the discount rack at the mall.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 04, 2014, 09:57:57 AM
huh, my CI order has been sitting in East Syracuse, NY since 2:35am yesterday, but, "A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible." WTF.
I put an order in at Atlantic on Wednesday afternoon and got it yesterday.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 10:00:50 AM
Only a matter of time before we get some CAO America's.
Dave have the jams ever been good ? .
There have been a few, scattered here and there... the majority are closet cleaning however.  Then again, you don't expect to necessarily find the best when you're looking on the discount rack at the mall.
That is so true .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 10:01:53 AM
huh, my CI order has been sitting in East Syracuse, NY since 2:35am yesterday, but, "A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible." WTF.
I put an order in at Atlantic on Wednesday afternoon and got it yesterday.
the next day ? .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 04, 2014, 10:23:50 AM
huh, my CI order has been sitting in East Syracuse, NY since 2:35am yesterday, but, "A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible." WTF.
I put an order in at Atlantic on Wednesday afternoon and got it yesterday.
the next day ? .
Yes
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 04, 2014, 10:25:31 AM
Just got a news feed from the local ABC affiliate that a stolen SUV had crashed into a Cigar store in Bethlehem.  Checked the video, it wasn't the superstore or CI downtown.  http://6abc.com/news/stolen-suv-slams-into-bethlehem-tobacco-shop/155758/    Whew!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 10:26:07 AM
Time for a Seegar!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 10:28:00 AM
huh, my CI order has been sitting in East Syracuse, NY since 2:35am yesterday, but, "A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible." WTF.
I put an order in at Atlantic on Wednesday afternoon and got it yesterday.
the next day ? .
Yes
Now that is fast .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 10:30:25 AM
Time for a Seegar!
Good morning Fred , what are you smoking? .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 10:46:53 AM
Time for a Seegar!
Good morning Fred , what are you smoking? .
TB serie H, forgot about these, found a few buried yesterday.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 04, 2014, 10:48:15 AM
Graycliff Turbo Edicion Limitada
10 CIGARS (80% savings!)
MSRP: $160.00 $3250...........not a bad cigar
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 10:50:41 AM
12 Diesel Unlimited d5 Robusto
         10/31.50
11 Sam Leccia Black
          5/24.50
10 Camacho Corojo Machitos
         40/39.99
 9 Man O' War L.E. Orange County Choppers Toro
          5/27.50
 8 The Griffin's Robusto
         10/37.50
 7 La Aurora Preferidos Maduro No.2
          5/25.00
 6 Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon Robusto
         10/32.50
 5 Montecristo Churchill Extra
          5/32.50
 4 5 Vegas Miami Robusto
         10/34.99
 3 Romeo y Julieta Reserve No.1 Robusto
          5/32.50
 2 Romeo y Julieta Reserve Churchill
         10/34.99
 1 Latitude Zero
          5/22.50
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 10:51:21 AM
gnite all
Night, Fred.  Hope you're not leaving because of the politics.  ;-)
yes I did!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 10:51:49 AM
Time for a Seegar!
Good morning Fred , what are you smoking? .
TB serie H, forgot about these, found a few buried yesterday.
good morning Dave , a good cigar .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 10:55:32 AM
13 Graycliff Turbo Edicion Limitada Toro
         10/32.50
[...]
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 10:57:15 AM
Good morning Chip , and thank you for the recaps ! .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 11:10:34 AM
Good morning everyone... I hope everyone got their firecrackers lit this morning...!!!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 11:13:54 AM
Good morning everyone... I hope everyone got their firecrackers lit this morning...!!!
Good morning BD ! .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 11:21:06 AM
Good morning everyone... I hope everyone got their firecrackers lit this morning...!!!
There hasn't been any fireworks here in quite a while.  Mornin BD
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: TRO on July 04, 2014, 11:23:46 AM
Happy 4th of July gents.  I hope that everyone has a great day!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 11:26:45 AM
Happy 4th of July gents.  I hope that everyone has a great day!
Arthur will be blowing in later this afternoon. Celebration is tomorrow instead.  Mornin Tom
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 11:30:12 AM
Mor'n Fred, Tom, and DD...
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 11:32:17 AM
I told my 5 year old granddaughter yesterday, "You know what tomorrow is.... The 4th of July...!"  She said, "Oh boy, I hope daddy gets us some sprinklers...!"
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 11:32:25 AM
Good morning Tom ! . and happy 4 of July to you ! .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 04, 2014, 11:35:17 AM
Happy 4th of July!  May all my BOTL enjoy the holiday weekend.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 11:35:43 AM
Mor'n Fred, Tom, and DD...
How's the weather there,  BD?
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: TRO on July 04, 2014, 11:39:31 AM
Happy 4th of July gents.  I hope that everyone has a great day!
Arthur will be blowing in later this afternoon. Celebration is tomorrow instead.  Mornin Tom
Hi FredBob.  We had some nasty storms yesterday afternoon and evening.  A lot less humidity today.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: TRO on July 04, 2014, 11:42:05 AM
Going to get a cigar, another cup of coffee and enjoy the low humidity.  See you gents later.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 11:42:24 AM
Mor'n Fred, Tom, and DD...
How's the weather there,  BD?
The weather has been great here since Wednesday.  70 to Low 80's, a little cloudy here and there but mostly sunshine, and no rain...!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 11:42:33 AM
Happy 4th of July gents.  I hope that everyone has a great day!
Arthur will be blowing in later this afternoon. Celebration is tomorrow instead.  Mornin Tom
Hi FredBob.  We had some nasty storms yesterday afternoon and evening.  A lot less humidity today.
lobster and steak tips tomorrow.  Gonna be lazy this year and have the store cook the lobster.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 04, 2014, 11:42:43 AM
Happy 4th of July gents.  I hope that everyone has a great day!
Arthur will be blowing in later this afternoon. Celebration is tomorrow instead.  Mornin Tom
Hi FredBob.  We had some nasty storms yesterday afternoon and evening.  A lot less humidity today.
Afternoon Fred and Tom. We were in the upper 80's earlier in the week and it's cooled off to the lower 70's with lows in the 50's.  Warden had to dig out a sweat shirt when she went out this morning.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 04, 2014, 11:44:25 AM
Happy 4th of July gents.  I hope that everyone has a great day!
Arthur will be blowing in later this afternoon. Celebration is tomorrow instead.  Mornin Tom
Hi FredBob.  We had some nasty storms yesterday afternoon and evening.  A lot less humidity today.
lobster and steak tips tomorrow.  Gonna be lazy this year and have the store cook the lobster.
Did a surf and turf last night with some huge King Crab legs ans some nice filets.  TASTY!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 11:48:37 AM
Happy 4th of July gents.  I hope that everyone has a great day!
Arthur will be blowing in later this afternoon. Celebration is tomorrow instead.  Mornin Tom
Hi FredBob.  We had some nasty storms yesterday afternoon and evening.  A lot less humidity today.
lobster and steak tips tomorrow.  Gonna be lazy this year and have the store cook the lobster.
Did a surf and turf last night with some huge King Crab legs ans some nice filets.  TASTY!
one of the stepdaughters wants crabs legs.  Did you grill them?
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 11:53:54 AM
La Antiguedads are up, go get'em!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 11:57:06 AM
La Antiguedads are up, go get'em!
They did not last long! .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: sfish on July 04, 2014, 11:57:28 AM
Happy 4th of July gents.  I hope that everyone has a great day!
Arthur will be blowing in later this afternoon. Celebration is tomorrow instead.  Mornin Tom
Hi FredBob.  We had some nasty storms yesterday afternoon and evening.  A lot less humidity today.
lobster and steak tips tomorrow.  Gonna be lazy this year and have the store cook the lobster.
Did a surf and turf last night with some huge King Crab legs ans some nice filets.  TASTY!
one of the stepdaughters wants crabs legs.  Did you grill them?
10 minutes in the oven at 400 I believe. Need a big cookie sheet
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 12:00:24 PM
Happy 4th of July gents.  I hope that everyone has a great day!
Arthur will be blowing in later this afternoon. Celebration is tomorrow instead.  Mornin Tom
Hi FredBob.  We had some nasty storms yesterday afternoon and evening.  A lot less humidity today.
lobster and steak tips tomorrow.  Gonna be lazy this year and have the store cook the lobster.
Did a surf and turf last night with some huge King Crab legs ans some nice filets.  TASTY!
one of the stepdaughters wants crabs legs.  Did you grill them?
10 minutes in the oven at 400 I believe. Need a big cookie sheet
Good morning Scott , and happy 4 , to you ! .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 12:00:46 PM
Happy 4th of July gents.  I hope that everyone has a great day!
Arthur will be blowing in later this afternoon. Celebration is tomorrow instead.  Mornin Tom
Hi FredBob.  We had some nasty storms yesterday afternoon and evening.  A lot less humidity today.
lobster and steak tips tomorrow.  Gonna be lazy this year and have the store cook the lobster.
Now that sounds good.  I was at Krogers once looking at the lobster tank.  That attendant said, "Can I get you one of those, they go great on the grill...!"  I said, "I'm not too sure.  I know you have to cook them alive, and I'd feel pretty bad wiring that thing to my grill and then tossing it over the coals..!!!"  The women turned around and wouldn't talk to me any more...
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: sfish on July 04, 2014, 12:02:52 PM
Happy 4th of July gents.  I hope that everyone has a great day!
Arthur will be blowing in later this afternoon. Celebration is tomorrow instead.  Mornin Tom
Hi FredBob.  We had some nasty storms yesterday afternoon and evening.  A lot less humidity today.
lobster and steak tips tomorrow.  Gonna be lazy this year and have the store cook the lobster.
Did a surf and turf last night with some huge King Crab legs ans some nice filets.  TASTY!
one of the stepdaughters wants crabs legs.  Did you grill them?
10 minutes in the oven at 400 I believe. Need a big cookie sheet
Good morning Scott , and happy 4 , to you ! .
Morning Steve, thanks and happy 4th
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 12:05:55 PM
Afternoon Scottfish
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 12:06:32 PM
Happy 4th of July gents.  I hope that everyone has a great day!
Arthur will be blowing in later this afternoon. Celebration is tomorrow instead.  Mornin Tom
Hi FredBob.  We had some nasty storms yesterday afternoon and evening.  A lot less humidity today.
lobster and steak tips tomorrow.  Gonna be lazy this year and have the store cook the lobster.
Did a surf and turf last night with some huge King Crab legs ans some nice filets.  TASTY!
one of the stepdaughters wants crabs legs.  Did you grill them?
10 minutes in the oven at 400 I believe. Need a big cookie sheet
I cheated this year and bought a pre-cooked side of St. Louis BBQ'ed ribs.  Schnucks makes them and they are very good and even smoked...  30 min. in the oven. $9.00.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 12:13:09 PM
It sounds like the kids in the neighborhood are setting off their fireworks... (normally, it's the parents...)
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 12:17:34 PM
It sounds like the kids in the neighborhood are setting off their fireworks... (normally, it's the parents...)
when we were kids we were blowing things up with m80s and cherry bombs.  Suprised I still have all my fingers!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: sfish on July 04, 2014, 12:18:15 PM
Afternoon Scottfish
Afternoon Fred, BD. managed to sneak the La Antiquedads in my cart
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 12:20:27 PM
Afternoon Scottfish
Afternoon Fred, BD. managed to sneak the La Antiquedads in my cart
I thought about it,  but I blew my load on some Julius Caesars yesterday.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 12:20:41 PM
Geeez, bird maintenance .....  Fresh water, seed, and newspaper.  Who would have ever thought it would take 5 minutes out of my life everyday... ugh...!  Every time I take his water, he starts screeching at me like I'm stealing it... :)
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 12:22:04 PM
Afternoon Scottfish
Afternoon Fred, BD. managed to sneak the La Antiquedads in my cart
Hi fish.., Happy 4th.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 12:25:28 PM
It sounds like the kids in the neighborhood are setting off their fireworks... (normally, it's the parents...)
when we were kids we were blowing things up with m80s and cherry bombs.  Suprised I still have all my fingers!
I sure miss those cherry bombs... They would go off underwater...!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 12:26:49 PM
The wife want's to use the computer.... I need to get off for a little while... bbl.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 12:32:45 PM
15 601 Serie Top Ten Sampler Robusto
         10/32.50
14 La Antiguedad by My Father
          5/34.50
[...]
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 12:35:09 PM
Geeez, bird maintenance .....  Fresh water, seed, and newspaper.  Who would have ever thought it would take 5 minutes out of my life everyday... ugh...!  Every time I take his water, he starts screeching at me like I'm stealing it... :)
MIL has a large green African parrot that is looking for a home.  Wifey I thinking about it.  God I hope she doesn't,  you know who will end up taking care of it!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 04, 2014, 01:18:17 PM
Geeez, bird maintenance .....  Fresh water, seed, and newspaper.  Who would have ever thought it would take 5 minutes out of my life everyday... ugh...!  Every time I take his water, he starts screeching at me like I'm stealing it... :)
MIL has a large green African parrot that is looking for a home.  Wifey I thinking about it.  God I hope she doesn't,  you know who will end up taking care of it!
Bird shit for Freddy Bobby.  Oh, and the noise. Did I mention the mess?
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 04, 2014, 01:18:58 PM
Geeez, bird maintenance .....  Fresh water, seed, and newspaper.  Who would have ever thought it would take 5 minutes out of my life everyday... ugh...!  Every time I take his water, he starts screeching at me like I'm stealing it... :)
MIL has a large green African parrot that is looking for a home.  Wifey I thinking about it.  God I hope she doesn't,  you know who will end up taking care of it!
they are great with an orange sauce.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 04, 2014, 01:19:16 PM
The wife want's to use the computer.... I need to get off for a little while... bbl.
Get off for the Mrs?
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 04, 2014, 01:19:38 PM
Geeez, bird maintenance .....  Fresh water, seed, and newspaper.  Who would have ever thought it would take 5 minutes out of my life everyday... ugh...!  Every time I take his water, he starts screeching at me like I'm stealing it... :)
MIL has a large green African parrot that is looking for a home.  Wifey I thinking about it.  God I hope she doesn't,  you know who will end up taking care of it!
Bird shit for Freddy Bobby.  Oh, and the noise. Did I mention the mess?

And the cat will go nuts, and the kids will be jealous, and it'll drink your beer when you're not looking.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 04, 2014, 01:20:11 PM
Tatuaje La Casita Criolla
5 CIGARS (23% savings!)
MSRP: $32.50 $2500
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 04, 2014, 01:23:05 PM
Happy 4th of July gents.  I hope that everyone has a great day!
Arthur will be blowing in later this afternoon. Celebration is tomorrow instead.  Mornin Tom
Hi FredBob.  We had some nasty storms yesterday afternoon and evening.  A lot less humidity today.
lobster and steak tips tomorrow.  Gonna be lazy this year and have the store cook the lobster.
Did a surf and turf last night with some huge King Crab legs ans some nice filets.  TASTY!
one of the stepdaughters wants crabs legs.  Did you grill them?
All crab legs are pre-cooked so all you need to do is warm them up. That being said, we grilled 'em. Put the potatoes on first, then the filets, and last, the crab legs.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 04, 2014, 01:26:18 PM
Happy 4th of July gents.  I hope that everyone has a great day!
Arthur will be blowing in later this afternoon. Celebration is tomorrow instead.  Mornin Tom
Hi FredBob.  We had some nasty storms yesterday afternoon and evening.  A lot less humidity today.
lobster and steak tips tomorrow.  Gonna be lazy this year and have the store cook the lobster.
Did a surf and turf last night with some huge King Crab legs ans some nice filets.  TASTY!
one of the stepdaughters wants crabs legs.  Did you grill them?
All crab legs are pre-cooked so all you need to do is warm them up. That being said, we grilled 'em. Put the potatoes on first, then the filets, and last, the crab legs.
FB, just get the imitation crablegs and serve with lots of melted butter. King Crab will cut deep into the cigar account.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 04, 2014, 01:33:04 PM
Happy 4th of July gents.  I hope that everyone has a great day!
Arthur will be blowing in later this afternoon. Celebration is tomorrow instead.  Mornin Tom
Hi FredBob.  We had some nasty storms yesterday afternoon and evening.  A lot less humidity today.
lobster and steak tips tomorrow.  Gonna be lazy this year and have the store cook the lobster.
Did a surf and turf last night with some huge King Crab legs ans some nice filets.  TASTY!
one of the stepdaughters wants crabs legs.  Did you grill them?
All crab legs are pre-cooked so all you need to do is warm them up. That being said, we grilled 'em. Put the potatoes on first, then the filets, and last, the crab legs.
FB, just get the imitation crablegs and serve with lots of melted butter. King Crab will cut deep into the cigar account.
Indeed. Only our second go for the big ones but beats anything you can out if you can even find them. Oh, and lots of Russian crab on the market. Jungle Jim's had Russian, Bering Sea, and Alaskan along with snow crab. The legs were 3 feet long.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: sfish on July 04, 2014, 01:38:03 PM
Afternoon Scottfish
Afternoon Fred, BD. managed to sneak the La Antiquedads in my cart
I thought about it,  but I blew my load on some Julius Caesars yesterday.
Just realized they were 6x60, dumped 'em
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 01:47:21 PM
Happy 4th of July gents.  I hope that everyone has a great day!
Arthur will be blowing in later this afternoon. Celebration is tomorrow instead.  Mornin Tom
Hi FredBob.  We had some nasty storms yesterday afternoon and evening.  A lot less humidity today.
lobster and steak tips tomorrow.  Gonna be lazy this year and have the store cook the lobster.
Did a surf and turf last night with some huge King Crab legs ans some nice filets.  TASTY!
one of the stepdaughters wants crabs legs.  Did you grill them?
All crab legs are pre-cooked so all you need to do is warm them up. That being said, we grilled 'em. Put the potatoes on first, then the filets, and last, the crab legs.
I usually grill them and squeeze some lemon on them just before serving.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 01:49:10 PM
[...]
BJs has frozen  Alaskan crab legs that are already split.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 02:00:38 PM
Time for a cigar Perdomo noir . and some black coffee .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 02:16:31 PM
Geeez, bird maintenance .....  Fresh water, seed, and newspaper.  Who would have ever thought it would take 5 minutes out of my life everyday... ugh...!  Every time I take his water, he starts screeching at me like I'm stealing it... :)
MIL has a large green African parrot that is looking for a home.  Wifey I thinking about it.  God I hope she doesn't,  you know who will end up taking care of it!
give it to KC.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 04, 2014, 02:19:16 PM
[...]
A frozen BJ?  Don't know that I'm that hard up and TWSS.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 02:21:00 PM
[...]
LOL ! .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 04, 2014, 02:27:26 PM
Afternoon Scottfish
Afternoon Fred, BD. managed to sneak the La Antiquedads in my cart
I thought about it,  but I blew my load on some Julius Caesars yesterday.
Just realized they were 6x60, dumped 'em
And here I thought you'd share with you main man Johnny Football and Floyd too.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 02:32:05 PM
Nathan's Hotdog Eating Contest on from Coney Island.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 04, 2014, 02:37:01 PM
Nathan's Hotdog Eating Contest on from Coney Island.
Yum,yum, eat 'em up!  Whatup Dean?  Started the weekend yesterday with weed pullin' followed by a great grill out with the Oxford City fireworks display for desert.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 02:44:25 PM
Nathan's Hotdog Eating Contest on from Coney Island.
Yum,yum, eat 'em up!  Whatup Dean?  Started the weekend yesterday with weed pullin' followed by a great grill out with the Oxford City fireworks display for desert.
Mikey! just hanging out. golf early today, breakfast after, noon meeting, now just chilling. about ready for a smoke. annual cook out tomirrow after the noon meeting. I'll be cooking for about 320 sober drunks. play some poker, watch some illegal fireworks.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 04, 2014, 02:47:34 PM
Nathan's Hotdog Eating Contest on from Coney Island.
Yum,yum, eat 'em up!  Whatup Dean?  Started the weekend yesterday with weed pullin' followed by a great grill out with the Oxford City fireworks display for desert.
Mikey! just hanging out. golf early today, breakfast after, noon meeting, now just chilling. about ready for a smoke. annual cook out tomirrow after the noon meeting. I'll be cooking for about 320 sober drunks. play some poker, watch some illegal fireworks.
Now that's a lot of grilling. Got to watch the fireworks from our front. City picked a great location to allow the most people to watch the show.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 02:51:09 PM
Nathan's Hotdog Eating Contest on from Coney Island.
Yum,yum, eat 'em up!  Whatup Dean?  Started the weekend yesterday with weed pullin' followed by a great grill out with the Oxford City fireworks display for desert.
Mikey! just hanging out. golf early today, breakfast after, noon meeting, now just chilling. about ready for a smoke. annual cook out tomirrow after the noon meeting. I'll be cooking for about 320 sober drunks. play some poker, watch some illegal fireworks.
Now that's a lot of grilling. Got to watch the fireworks from our front. City picked a great location to allow the most people to watch the show.
I got a good seat over the lake to watch from.
I've cooked at this picnic for 28 of the 30 years it's been going. nobody knows how to cook in quantity and they burn everything.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 02:55:57 PM
Joey Chestnut wins 60 hots in 10 minutes. his 8th win I think.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on July 04, 2014, 02:59:47 PM
Nathan's Hotdog Eating Contest on from Coney Island.
Yum,yum, eat 'em up!  Whatup Dean?  Started the weekend yesterday with weed pullin' followed by a great grill out with the Oxford City fireworks display for desert.
Mikey! just hanging out. golf early today, breakfast after, noon meeting, now just chilling. about ready for a smoke. annual cook out tomirrow after the noon meeting. I'll be cooking for about 320 sober drunks. play some poker, watch some illegal fireworks.
Now that's a lot of grilling. Got to watch the fireworks from our front. City picked a great location to allow the most people to watch the show.
I got a good seat over the lake to watch from.
I've cooked at this picnic for 28 of the 30 years it's been going. nobody knows how to cook in quantity and they burn everything.
Charring versus grilling?
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 03:03:36 PM
Nathan's Hotdog Eating Contest on from Coney Island.
Yum,yum, eat 'em up!  Whatup Dean?  Started the weekend yesterday with weed pullin' followed by a great grill out with the Oxford City fireworks display for desert.
Mikey! just hanging out. golf early today, breakfast after, noon meeting, now just chilling. about ready for a smoke. annual cook out tomirrow after the noon meeting. I'll be cooking for about 320 sober drunks. play some poker, watch some illegal fireworks.
Now that's a lot of grilling. Got to watch the fireworks from our front. City picked a great location to allow the most people to watch the show.
I got a good seat over the lake to watch from.
I've cooked at this picnic for 28 of the 30 years it's been going. nobody knows how to cook in quantity and they burn everything.
Charring versus grilling?
that's it. 2 grills for hamburgs, 1 for hots. busy for about 2 hours, but I eat 1st and often.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 03:44:06 PM
19 Rocky Patel Connecticut Toro
         10/29.50
18 Perdomo 20th Anniversary Sun Grown Torpedo
          5/29.50
17 CAO Black Gothic
         10/32.50
16 Tatuaje La Casita Criolla
          5/25.00
[...]
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 03:45:02 PM
Good afternoon guys, if there is anyone left hanging around that is.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 03:46:46 PM
20 Obsidian Tins Half Corona
         10/24.99
[...]
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 03:53:52 PM
Good afternoon guys, if there is anyone left hanging around that is.
good afternoon Chip , and happy 4th of July ! .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 04:06:44 PM
Good afternoon guys, if there is anyone left hanging around that is.
good afternoon Chip , and happy 4th of July ! .
Thank you Sir and I hope your 4th is going well also.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 04:10:00 PM
Afternoon, fellas. On the portable today as I run around preparing for the evening's craziness.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Sooner Jeff on July 04, 2014, 04:12:29 PM
Afternoon Chip, Steve and Bret...and whoever else is around. Work is done!!!! Time for food, booze & cigars!!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Sooner Jeff on July 04, 2014, 04:16:23 PM
Love the avi, Chip!!! Almost football time again. Sooners now have 2 alternate uniforms released this week. Not crazy about them..but I do like the white helmet. OU just brought in the receiver kicked-off the Missouri team. Mixed thoughts about bringing in someone else's problem.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 04:19:14 PM
Afternoon Chip, Steve and Bret...and whoever else is around. Work is done!!!! Time for food, booze & cigars!!
So I wasn't the only one stuck working. Sorry Jeff.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 04:19:19 PM
Afternoon Chip, Steve and Bret...and whoever else is around. Work is done!!!! Time for food, booze & cigars!!
After I get propane, beer, and groceries, it will be time to make margaritas and wait until I'm called upon to grill the kebabs.

Margaritas and good cigars don't go together. So I'll take the opportunity to deplete my remaining stock of dog rockets this afternoon.  Save the good stuff for after fireworks tonight.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 04:20:26 PM
Love the avi, Chip!!! Almost football time again. Sooners now have 2 alternate uniforms released this week. Not crazy about them..but I do like the white helmet. OU just brought in the receiver kicked-off the Missouri team. Mixed thoughts about bringing in someone else's problem.
Hopefully the kid got his wake up call but our problem guys in the last never learned.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 04:22:18 PM
I'm still here. just dozed off.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 04:25:45 PM
I'm still here. just dozed off.
I really wished I was off from work today and could have taken a nap.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 04:26:32 PM
Afternoon, fellas. On the portable today as I run around preparing for the evening's craziness.
Good afternoon Bret and Jeff , and happy 4th of July Guy's
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 04:46:38 PM
21 The Reckoning by Studio Tobac Toro
          5/21.50
[...]
Post by: Sooner Jeff on July 04, 2014, 04:56:57 PM
Afternoon, fellas. On the portable today as I run around preparing for the evening's craziness.
Good afternoon Bret and Jeff , and happy 4th of July Guy's
Same to you, Steve!!! Hope all is well with you. Had lunch...got all my golf stuff together and in the car for an early tee time tomorrow. All I want to do is wake up, hit the shower and go. Oh..might get dressed, too!!! I see a hangover tomorrow in my future.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Sooner Jeff on July 04, 2014, 04:58:39 PM
Afternoon Chip, Steve and Bret...and whoever else is around. Work is done!!!! Time for food, booze & cigars!!
So I wasn't the only one stuck working. Sorry Jeff.
Nope..up bright and early to get done. Home now and starting my 4th. Hope you go home soon, Chip!! I know Saturday is your normal day off...so enjoy!!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Sooner Jeff on July 04, 2014, 04:59:50 PM
I'm still here. just dozed off.
Good for you, Deano!!! Good afternoon and happy 4th to you, my friend!!!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 04, 2014, 05:05:03 PM
Afternoon Chip, Steve and Bret...and whoever else is around. Work is done!!!! Time for food, booze & cigars!!
So I wasn't the only one stuck working. Sorry Jeff.
Nope..up bright and early to get done. Home now and starting my 4th. Hope you go home soon, Chip!! I know Saturday is your normal day off...so enjoy!!
Thanks Jeff, actually been home for a couple of hours, my day is almost always done by 2pm every day.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 05:07:39 PM
I'm still here. just dozed off.
Good for you, Deano!!! Good afternoon and happy 4th to you, my friend!!!
same to you Jeff. just lit a Partagas waiting for fireworks on the lake.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 05:36:14 PM
Has anyone tried these Tobacs?
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 05:52:16 PM
Has anyone tried these Tobacs?
heard alot of good stuff about them Fred, but haven't had one myself.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 04, 2014, 05:56:39 PM
Has anyone tried these Tobacs?
heard alot of good stuff about them Fred, but haven't had one myself.

No experience with them, too.  But I really don't like the Studio Tobac stuff--the various Cains do absolutely nothing for me.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 06:22:19 PM
got the grill going. ribeye and baked tater.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Sooner Jeff on July 04, 2014, 06:32:05 PM
1st cigar down and nubbed. A Perdomo 20th...it was very good. Got it at CF in 2013...great way to start the night. As far as beer...should it be shock top or killian's irish red?????
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 07:12:17 PM
1st cigar down and nubbed. A Perdomo 20th...it was very good. Got it at CF in 2013...great way to start the night. As far as beer...should it be shock top or killian's irish red?????
Killian's.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Sooner Jeff on July 04, 2014, 07:19:13 PM
1st cigar down and nubbed. A Perdomo 20th...it was very good. Got it at CF in 2013...great way to start the night. As far as beer...should it be shock top or killian's irish red?????
Killian's.
My next one...done!!!!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 07:25:41 PM
1st cigar down and nubbed. A Perdomo 20th...it was very good. Got it at CF in 2013...great way to start the night. As far as beer...should it be shock top or killian's irish red?????
Killian's.
Bret what's on fire ? .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 08:15:12 PM
Est'd 1844 No 54. And whipping up a margarita.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: sfish on July 04, 2014, 08:31:01 PM
1st cigar down and nubbed. A Perdomo 20th...it was very good. Got it at CF in 2013...great way to start the night. As far as beer...should it be shock top or killian's irish red?????
Killian's.
My next one...done!!!!
Whats up Jeff?
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 04, 2014, 08:33:13 PM
Happy 4th of Jewly.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 04, 2014, 08:53:23 PM
http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FtX5ZRE26YWM&h=rAQF3RCOQAQGNh081D-rXwDwOhR8Zn-pLfIa09sl87d_THg&enc=AZNi583bHkLYbn_3HVOUlTaY5KzHw64_dT77vNhTx8gQyf2VTWQ2TSAdSPFB7FpaHlUJ0Tqw3iOtVSYE3T9eD7dw&s=1
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 04, 2014, 08:54:34 PM
V #4 it's ok, I think I like the beli better.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 09:01:55 PM
Happy 4th of Jewly.
Those ribs kosher? ;-)
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 09:03:22 PM
somebody is testing out their fireworks down below, plus the fire crackers and bottle rockets.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Sooner Jeff on July 04, 2014, 09:04:38 PM
1st cigar down and nubbed. A Perdomo 20th...it was very good. Got it at CF in 2013...great way to start the night. As far as beer...should it be shock top or killian's irish red?????
Killian's.
My next one...done!!!!
Whats up Jeff?
SCOTTY!!!!!! How are doing??? Going to try and make it to CF 15'..
Title: Happy Independence Day!
Post by: SLY on July 04, 2014, 09:04:58 PM
Happy 4th of Jewly.
Hah.  Same to you, Oy. Finishing up a Monte White Churchill with Kona Longboard, brought to me by the national rep.  Great summer beer. Had a Monte #2 ISoKW earlier, courtesy of a local BOTL.  Said it was musty (from someone else).  Boxing it in cedar for a couple months must have really helped.  It was good.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 04, 2014, 09:05:01 PM
SLR Regios and Four Roses single barrel.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 04, 2014, 09:05:44 PM
18
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Andy Mac on July 04, 2014, 09:06:12 PM
Happy 4th you stinky cigar smoking mother fuckers.  Big fat smelly fucking truck driver in the house.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Sooner Jeff on July 04, 2014, 09:06:55 PM
That looks like quite the set-up Minnesota Dave!!! Happy 4th to you and your family!!!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: SLY on July 04, 2014, 09:07:14 PM
Evening BOTLs!  Fireworks about ready to begin.  Going to move closer.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 04, 2014, 09:08:26 PM
Happy 4th of Jewly.
Those ribs kosher? ;-)
only from circumcised pigs
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Sooner Jeff on July 04, 2014, 09:09:03 PM
Happy 4th you stinky cigar smoking mother fuckers.  Big fat smelly fucking truck driver in the house.
This has to be Andy from CF '13 with Scotty???? Watch your fucking mouth, Andy!!! Happy 4th to you!!!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 04, 2014, 09:09:56 PM
That looks like quite the set-up Minnesota Dave!!! Happy 4th to you and your family!!!
same to you Jeff
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Sooner Jeff on July 04, 2014, 09:10:00 PM
Happy 4th, Steve!!!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 09:10:03 PM
Happy 4th you stinky cigar smoking mother fuckers.  Big fat smelly fucking truck driver in the house.
hahaha. hey there BFSFTD.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: sfish on July 04, 2014, 09:10:14 PM
1st cigar down and nubbed. A Perdomo 20th...it was very good. Got it at CF in 2013...great way to start the night. As far as beer...should it be shock top or killian's irish red?????
Killian's.
My next one...done!!!!
Whats up Jeff?
SCOTTY!!!!!! How are doing??? Going to try and make it to CF 15'..
No doubt Jeffrey, me and Andy going to CF15, you?
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 04, 2014, 09:11:14 PM
Happy 4th you stinky cigar smoking mother fuckers.  Big fat smelly fucking truck driver in the house.
potty mouth from NJ, happy 4th
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 09:12:28 PM
Happy 4th you stinky cigar smoking mother fuckers.  Big fat smelly fucking truck driver in the house.
Greetings, mothertrucker. Happy 4th.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 04, 2014, 09:13:26 PM
Evening BOTLs!  Fireworks about ready to begin.  Going to move closer.
still got 2 hours of sun here.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 09:17:56 PM
Happy 4th of Jewly.
Those ribs kosher? ;-)
only from circumcised pigs
Damn. Margarita through the nose. Sheesh
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 09:19:10 PM
SLR Regios and Four Roses single barrel.
Very nice Will ! , happy 4th.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Sooner Jeff on July 04, 2014, 09:26:20 PM
1st cigar down and nubbed. A Perdomo 20th...it was very good. Got it at CF in 2013...great way to start the night. As far as beer...should it be shock top or killian's irish red?????
Killian's.
My next one...done!!!!
Whats up Jeff?
SCOTTY!!!!!! How are doing??? Going to try and make it to CF 15'..
No doubt Jeffrey, me and Andy going to CF15, you?
Going to try, my friend. I see you are a regular post whore on the day shift with Joey Wacky? That's awesome..
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 09:31:28 PM
Quorum Shade and coffee. a bit dry but smokeable.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Sooner Jeff on July 04, 2014, 09:35:24 PM
Happy 4th of Jewly.
Those ribs kosher? ;-)
only from circumcised pigs
Damn. Margarita through the nose. Sheesh
That hurts!!! Been there...done that!!!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 09:35:31 PM
Quorum Shade and coffee. a bit dry but smokeable.
Evening, Dean. Happy 4th to you.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 09:41:20 PM
Quorum Shade and coffee. a bit dry but smokeable.
Evening, Dean. Happy 4th to you.
thanks my friend. same to you brother.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: glassken on July 04, 2014, 09:41:32 PM
This cigar is very tasty! Ramon Allones Club Corona. Plume and great oily wrapper leaf!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 09:45:06 PM
This cigar is very tasty! Ramon Allones Club Corona. Plume and great oily wrapper leaf!
Sounds great  Look good too , Happy 4 of July Ken
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 09:45:30 PM
Happy 4th you stinky cigar smoking mother fuckers.  Big fat smelly fucking truck driver in the house.
Suck it, Bitch!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 09:49:26 PM
This cigar is very tasty! Ramon Allones Club Corona. Plume and great oily wrapper leaf!
howdy Ken.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: glassken on July 04, 2014, 09:53:33 PM
This cigar is very tasty! Ramon Allones Club Corona. Plume and great oily wrapper leaf!
howdy Ken.
Howdy, Dean. And, all!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 09:58:09 PM
Evening guys
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 09:59:08 PM
This cigar is very tasty! Ramon Allones Club Corona. Plume and great oily wrapper leaf!
howdy Ken.
Howdy, Dean. And, all!
Hey Ken Al Garcia makes a good cigar ! . lol .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 09:59:35 PM
Evening guys
Good evening Fred ! .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 10:00:00 PM
This cigar is very tasty! Ramon Allones Club Corona. Plume and great oily wrapper leaf!
howdy Ken.
Howdy, Dean. And, all!
Hey Ken Al Garcia makes a good cigar ! . lol .
Who dat, dd?
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 10:02:05 PM
This cigar is very tasty! Ramon Allones Club Corona. Plume and great oily wrapper leaf!
howdy Ken.
Howdy, Dean. And, all!
Hey Ken Al Garcia makes a good cigar ! . lol .
Who dat, dd?
You have to read last nights banter ? , I misspelled the name of a cigar ,
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: glassken on July 04, 2014, 10:05:06 PM
This cigar is very tasty! Ramon Allones Club Corona. Plume and great oily wrapper leaf!
howdy Ken.
Howdy, Dean. And, all!
Hey Ken Al Garcia makes a good cigar ! . lol .
HaHa! Right you are, dd!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 04, 2014, 10:16:55 PM
This cigar is very tasty! Ramon Allones Club Corona. Plume and great oily wrapper leaf!
howdy Ken.
Howdy, Dean. And, all!
Hey Ken Al Garcia makes a good cigar ! . lol .
Who dat, dd?

Black sheep of the Garcia Family.  Al Pepey Garcia.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 10:18:22 PM
This cigar is very tasty! Ramon Allones Club Corona. Plume and great oily wrapper leaf!
howdy Ken.
Howdy, Dean. And, all!
Hey Ken Al Garcia makes a good cigar ! . lol .
Who dat, dd?

Black sheep of the Garcia Family.  Al Pepey Garcia.
Man can that guy make a cigar . LMAO
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 10:22:08 PM
This cigar is very tasty! Ramon Allones Club Corona. Plume and great oily wrapper leaf!
howdy Ken.
Howdy, Dean. And, all!
Hey Ken Al Garcia makes a good cigar ! . lol .
Who dat, dd?

Black sheep of the Garcia Family.  Al Pepey Garcia.
Man can that guy make a cigar . LMAO
What cigars does he make, dd?
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 04, 2014, 10:24:09 PM
This cigar is very tasty! Ramon Allones Club Corona. Plume and great oily wrapper leaf!
howdy Ken.
Howdy, Dean. And, all!
Hey Ken Al Garcia makes a good cigar ! . lol .
Who dat, dd?

Black sheep of the Garcia Family.  Al Pepey Garcia.
Man can that guy make a cigar . LMAO
What cigars does he make, dd?

I'm partial to his Series KK and the APG Cuban Contemporary.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 04, 2014, 10:25:32 PM
loooooong busy day tomorrow. calling it a night.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 04, 2014, 10:38:39 PM
I am call it a night guy's, have a great night ! .
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 04, 2014, 10:43:28 PM
Just about done with the SLR.  Maybe I'll have a SL Habao next.  Been a while.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 10:48:02 PM
Nica Rustica with Pike Kilt Lifter.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 10:48:56 PM
Just about done with the SLR.  Maybe I'll have a SL Habao next.  Been a while.
Had my first of those last night. Enjoyed it immensely.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 04, 2014, 10:49:49 PM
Evening gents.  Don't know if any of ya'll are following the jam, but if you're not, you're not missing anything.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 04, 2014, 10:51:23 PM
Smell of gunpowder hanging heavy in the air.  The dog can't find a corner deep enough.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 10:51:40 PM
Yeah, I kept checking because I found some cigar money. But nothing compelling, there or on the mash.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 10:55:08 PM
We interrupt this Kilt Lifter for a cookies-and-cream milkshake, courtesy of #1 son.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 04, 2014, 10:59:29 PM
We interrupt this Kilt Lifter for a cookies-and-cream milkshake, courtesy of #1 son.
Oh yeah.  Yummo (© AFoC.  Actually, Rachel Ray, his fantasy girl, but he brought it to the banter)
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 04, 2014, 11:01:56 PM
Just about done with the SLR.  Maybe I'll have a SL Habao next.  Been a while.
Had my first of those last night. Enjoyed it immensely.

I've got a Jan '10 box that has shown excellent growth over the last 4 years.  They're smoking pretty much perfect right now.  No off flavors or rough edges left.  One of my fall samples from last year were very close to this profile, though going back 2 years ago I remember them having a fair bit more pepper.

Granted, at no point was it a bad tasting stick. I believe I got this box in Summer or Fall 2010, so no idea how they smoke fresh, but even with just a year on them they were solid smokes.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 11:07:12 PM
I thought I'd better check on you guys to make sure none of you blew off one of your appendages today..
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Threebean on July 04, 2014, 11:08:24 PM
I thought I'd better check on you guys to make sure none of you blew off one of your appendages today..
You say someone may have had an appendage blown?  Sounds like a good thing to me.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 11:08:50 PM
We interrupt this Kilt Lifter for a cookies-and-cream milkshake, courtesy of #1 son.
Sounds good...!  I could use some ice cream myself...
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 11:10:45 PM
I thought I'd better check on you guys to make sure none of you blew off one of your appendages today..
You say someone may have had an appendage blown?  Sounds like a good thing to me.
The only way I'd get blew off is by tying a firecracker to it...
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: glassken on July 04, 2014, 11:12:21 PM
Smell of gunpowder hanging heavy in the air.  The dog can't find a corner deep enough.
HaHa! Puppy is doing the same here! He's under my chair as we speak!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 11:16:19 PM
Smell of gunpowder hanging heavy in the air.  The dog can't find a corner deep enough.
The gunpowder is pretty heavy here too.  I have about 3 neighbors that are shooting off some big stuff tonight....  I would guess it's the sky rockets that you shoot out of the mortars...
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 11:17:54 PM
I thought I'd better check on you guys to make sure none of you blew off one of your appendages today..
What's the old Howie Mandel joke? "If I could bend over that far I'd never leave the house. Where could I be going that was more important?"
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 11:20:01 PM
Smell of gunpowder hanging heavy in the air.  The dog can't find a corner deep enough.
HaHa! Puppy is doing the same here! He's under my chair as we speak!
Ours is under the coffee table. "Duncan, come out of there!" Nopenopenopenope nopenopenopenope.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 11:20:17 PM
I just finished up a Nicaraguan Sweet Factory 2nd courteous of Fred...  Very nice, thanks Fred..!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 11:21:26 PM
Smell of gunpowder hanging heavy in the air.  The dog can't find a corner deep enough.
The gunpowder is pretty heavy here too.  I have about 3 neighbors that are shooting off some big stuff tonight....  I would guess it's the sky rockets that you shoot out of the mortars...
Two boxes of those on the table waiting for dark. Be another 90 minutes until it's dark here.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 11:22:11 PM
Smell of gunpowder hanging heavy in the air.  The dog can't find a corner deep enough.
HaHa! Puppy is doing the same here! He's under my chair as we speak!
Ours is under the coffee table. "Duncan, come out of there!" Nopenopenopenope nopenopenopenope.
The fireworks doesn't seem to be bothering Petey....  But of course my wife sure annoys him...!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: TruDog on July 04, 2014, 11:24:39 PM
..."On your feet or On your knees"...
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 11:26:08 PM
Smell of gunpowder hanging heavy in the air.  The dog can't find a corner deep enough.
The gunpowder is pretty heavy here too.  I have about 3 neighbors that are shooting off some big stuff tonight....  I would guess it's the sky rockets that you shoot out of the mortars...
Two boxes of those on the table waiting for dark. Be another 90 minutes until it's dark here.
Those things are awesome.  We have a Phantom Fireworks near by, and they have some fantastic stuff.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 11:26:49 PM
..."On your feet or On your knees"...
arf, arf...
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 11:26:51 PM
I just finished up a Nicaraguan Sweet Factory 2nd courteous of Fred...  Very nice, thanks Fred..!
Shhhhh  BD, we're not supposed to admit to liking stuff like that on here.  It ain't cool!
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 11:30:57 PM
I just finished up a Nicaraguan Sweet Factory 2nd courteous of Fred...  Very nice, thanks Fred..!
Shhhhh  BD, we're not supposed to admit to liking stuff like that on here.  It ain't cool!
Send me $100 each or I'll tell Joe and he'll annoy you to death.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 11:32:45 PM
I thought I'd better check on you guys to make sure none of you blew off one of your appendages today..
What's the old Howie Mandel joke? "If I could bend over that far I'd never leave the house. Where could I be going that was more important?"
Howard told Bernadette something like that on The Big Bang Theory the other night.  Something like, "if I could do that I wouldn't need you..."
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 11:34:43 PM
I just finished up a Nicaraguan Sweet Factory 2nd courteous of Fred...  Very nice, thanks Fred..!
Shhhhh  BD, we're not supposed to admit to liking stuff like that on here.  It ain't cool!
See, you should have let me believe it was the mystery cigar....
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 11:38:36 PM
Nica Rustica. Kilt Lifter. Hammock. Fire pit. Only one way this could be better.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 11:40:16 PM
I just finished up a Nicaraguan Sweet Factory 2nd courteous of Fred...  Very nice, thanks Fred..!
Shhhhh  BD, we're not supposed to admit to liking stuff like that on here.  It ain't cool!
See, you should have let me believe it was the mystery cigar....
they are pretty good, I really enjoy them with coffee,  as inexpensive as they are.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 11:40:29 PM
I just finished up a Nicaraguan Sweet Factory 2nd courteous of Fred...  Very nice, thanks Fred..!
Shhhhh  BD, we're not supposed to admit to liking stuff like that on here.  It ain't cool!
Ooops....  Well, I won't mention this next fine selection from Pago Pago... :)
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 11:42:04 PM
Nica Rustica. Kilt Lifter. Hammock. Fire pit. Only one way this could be better.
they are free falling for $22.50 a 5 pack if anyone cares.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 11:42:28 PM
Nica Rustica. Kilt Lifter. Hammock. Fire pit. Only one way this could be better.
Ya don't flip out of your hammock...?
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 04, 2014, 11:42:32 PM
I just finished up a Nicaraguan Sweet Factory 2nd courteous of Fred...  Very nice, thanks Fred..!
Shhhhh  BD, we're not supposed to admit to liking stuff like that on here.  It ain't cool!
See, you should have let me believe it was the mystery cigar....
they are pretty good, I really enjoy them with coffee,  as inexpensive as they are.
sweet and 2nds, sheesh. ;)
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 11:50:52 PM
Nica Rustica. Kilt Lifter. Hammock. Fire pit. Only one way this could be better.
they are free falling for $22.50 a 5 pack if anyone cares.
I just flipped out of my hammock.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on July 04, 2014, 11:52:53 PM
It's early babysitting for me tomorrow, so I'm heading for bed.  Shoot off your fireworks...!  Good night all.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 11:55:11 PM
It's early babysitting for me tomorrow, so I'm heading for bed.  Shoot off your fireworks...!  Good night all.
gnite BD
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: razgueado on July 04, 2014, 11:56:01 PM
Nica Rustica. Kilt Lifter. Hammock. Fire pit. Only one way this could be better.
they are free falling for $22.50 a 5 pack if anyone cares.
Not getting below $25 now. People keep jumping too soon.
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: TruDog on July 04, 2014, 11:58:19 PM
It's early babysitting for me tomorrow, so I'm heading for bed.  Shoot off your fireworks...!  Good night all.
////.....Nite  BD...hope you were aware of the band I was referring to....
Title: Re: 7/4/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 04, 2014, 11:59:34 PM
Nica Rustica. Kilt Lifter. Hammock. Fire pit. Only one way this could be better.
they are free falling for $22.50 a 5 pack if anyone cares.
Not getting below $25 now. People keep jumping too soon.
be patient,  they will.