Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2024, 10:55:58 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 4
Zero. I know who Ethel is but couldn't pick her out of a lineup. Not just now but even in her younger days.
Zero you say?
Very pretty ladies but I still don't recognize any of them.
Same, other than Tricia.

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2024, 11:04:29 AM »

OJ Simpson, dead at 76. Cancer.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2024, 11:09:44 AM »

OJ Simpson, dead at 76. Cancer.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
No argument here.

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2024, 11:16:35 AM »

OJ Simpson, dead at 76. Cancer.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
No argument here.
Wonder if he left a note letting us all know what we've always known.

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2024, 11:24:56 AM »

OJ Simpson, dead at 76. Cancer.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
No argument here.
Wonder if he left a note letting us all know what we've always known.
That he never managed to locate the real killer? :D

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2024, 12:52:44 PM »

I dunno. I mean, I see his point. And I've been not only heckled at gigs, but literally fired after completing half a set. So I get the frustration. But you don't punish the whole audience because of one jackass who interrupts your political diatribe with "Just play the music, John."

You anticipate that kinda shit. You prepare and practice retorts. You work the crowd against it. It's part of the job.

A friend of mine, James Nash, was recording a live album with his band the Waybacks when somebody shouted something from the back. "Whoa," he retorted, looking at the crowd, "Isn't it great when the 'Freebird' dude gets a brand new bag?"

That was classy.

https://www.pennlive.com/life/2024/04/legendary-classic-rock-singer-speaks-out-after-getting-heckled-on-stage-ending-concert-early.html

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2024, 01:00:17 PM »

I dunno. I mean, I see his point. And I've been not only heckled at gigs, but literally fired after completing half a set. So I get the frustration. But you don't punish the whole audience because of one jackass who interrupts your political diatribe with "Just play the music, John."

You anticipate that kinda shit. You prepare and practice retorts. You work the crowd against it. It's part of the job.

A friend of mine, James Nash, was recording a live album with his band the Waybacks when somebody shouted something from the back. "Whoa," he retorted, looking at the crowd, "Isn't it great when the 'Freebird' dude gets a brand new bag?"

That was classy.

https://www.pennlive.com/life/2024/04/legendary-classic-rock-singer-speaks-out-after-getting-heckled-on-stage-ending-concert-early.html
That's messed up. A story like that would keep me from going to his concert. Then again, if I haven't seen him in the last four decades, it wasn't likely I was going to buy a ticket ever.

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2024, 01:14:18 PM »

I dunno. I mean, I see his point. And I've been not only heckled at gigs, but literally fired after completing half a set. So I get the frustration. But you don't punish the whole audience because of one jackass who interrupts your political diatribe with "Just play the music, John."

You anticipate that kinda shit. You prepare and practice retorts. You work the crowd against it. It's part of the job.

A friend of mine, James Nash, was recording a live album with his band the Waybacks when somebody shouted something from the back. "Whoa," he retorted, looking at the crowd, "Isn't it great when the 'Freebird' dude gets a brand new bag?"

That was classy.

https://www.pennlive.com/life/2024/04/legendary-classic-rock-singer-speaks-out-after-getting-heckled-on-stage-ending-concert-early.html
I agree, shitty move for everyone else in the crowd who was probably waiting a long time (and shelled out some big bucks) to see him.

« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2024, 01:33:24 PM »

OJ Simpson, dead at 76. Cancer.
If the casket fits, you must aquit.

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2024, 02:01:32 PM »

OJ Simpson, dead at 76. Cancer.
If the casket fits, you must aquit.
That works. I was thinking along the same lines but couldn't get it together. Kudos.

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2024, 03:40:21 PM »

Cheers!

Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6