CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: 12/13/2023  (Read 904 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 12/13/2023
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2023, 01:14:53 PM »

I mean, how could you not have a crush on her back then?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2023, 01:34:35 PM »

I'm waiting for you to admit to being a Swiftie.... ;D

...And trash Amy Lee as many musicians are want to do.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2023, 02:05:35 PM »

I am not anyone's definition of a "Swifty." The term has nothing to do with music. I did, however, see Taylor Swift perform a solo acoustic set of her own songs before she was famous, and I was impressed. I have no use for what she's become, but she can write songs, and she can work an unfamiliar audience all by herself with an acoustic guitar, which I promise is very, very hard to do. So I respect that.

As for Amy Lee, I'm not a particular fan having never really listened to her music much. I should. But the woman can play, she can sing, and she can write, and there are a LOT of similarities in our respective musical backgrounds, circumstances, and experiences.

She turned it all into musical success, and I only managed to turn it into an avocation. Nevertheless, I have to have a decent amount of respect and sympathy.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2023, 02:18:57 PM »

I am not anyone's definition of a "Swifty." The term has nothing to do with music. I did, however, see Taylor Swift perform a solo acoustic set of her own songs before she was famous, and I was impressed. I have no use for what she's become, but she can write songs, and she can work an unfamiliar audience all by herself with an acoustic guitar, which I promise is very, very hard to do. So I respect that.

As for Amy Lee, I'm not a particular fan having never really listened to her music much. I should. But the woman can play, she can sing, and she can write, and there are a LOT of similarities in our respective musical backgrounds, circumstances, and experiences.

She turned it all into musical success, and I only managed to turn it into an avocation. Nevertheless, I have to have a decent amount of respect and sympathy.
The first (and I guess only, so far) concert we took the kids to was an Evanescence/Lindsey Stirling concert. It was quite a show.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2023, 03:18:02 PM »

The first (and I guess only, so far) concert we took the kids to was an Evanescence/Lindsey Stirling concert. It was quite a show.
Now that is a pairing I would never have thought of!   :o

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2023, 03:25:16 PM »

I admire here as both a musician and performer, which there aren't too many of.  Would definitely go to a concert, but not pay the asking prices or put up with all the insanity.  Playing piano, banjo and ukulele as well as guitar, writing and singing.  All the hype now is nuts, but I guess she deserves to enjoy her time at the top.
Also like the song Taylor Swift by Walker Hayes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcESw0byCAY

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2023, 03:40:45 PM »

Now that is a pairing I would never have thought of!   :o
They even played some songs together. Lindsey's violin style lends itself well to rock.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2023, 06:47:36 PM »

Connections
Puzzle #185
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2023, 07:07:42 PM »

Warped Nicotina

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2023, 07:20:08 PM »

Wordle 907 3/6*

🟩🟨⬛⬛🟨
🟩⬛🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2023, 08:26:03 PM »

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2023, 09:19:45 PM »

EPC New Wave

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2023, 11:40:30 PM »

Warped Nicotina
I really liked that stick  what do you think?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2023, 11:57:37 PM »

Good evening.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL