CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 11, 2015, 12:00:35 AM

Title: 8/11/2015
Post by: CigarBanter on August 11, 2015, 12:00:35 AM
It's Tuesday again!  In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on August 11, 2015, 12:04:04 AM
It's Tuesday again!  In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard
Gurkha shots the whole damn day!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:09:31 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:15:21 AM
Today is Tuesday, August 11, the 223rd day of 2015. There are 142 days left in the year.

Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:20:29 AM
Highlight in History

On August 11, 1965, rioting and looting that claimed 34 lives broke out in the predominantly black Watts section of Los Angeles.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:20:50 AM
On this date

Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:21:25 AM
In 1786, Capt. Francis Light arrived in Penang to claim the Malaysian island for Britain.

Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:21:50 AM
In 1860, the nation's first successful silver mill began operation near Virginia City, Nevada.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:22:18 AM
In 1909, the steamship SS Arapahoe became the first ship in North America to issue an S.O.S. distress signal, off North Carolina's Cape Hatteras.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:22:44 AM
In 1934, the first federal prisoners arrived at Alcatraz Island (a former military prison) in San Francisco Bay.

Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:23:19 AM
In 1942, during World War II, Pierre Laval, prime minister of Vichy France, publicly declared that "the hour of liberation for France is the hour when Germany wins the war."
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:23:49 AM
In 1954, a formal peace took hold in Indochina, ending more than seven years of fighting between the French and Communist Viet Minh.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:24:24 AM
In 1956, abstract painter Jackson Pollock, 44, died in an automobile accident on Long Island, New York.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:24:48 AM
In 1964, the Beatles movie "A Hard Day's Night" had its U.S. premiere in New York.

Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:25:22 AM
In 1975, the United States vetoed the proposed admission of North and South Vietnam to the United Nations, following the Security Council's refusal to consider South Korea's application.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:25:47 AM
In 1984, during a voice test for a paid political radio address, President Ronald Reagan joked that he had "signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes." At the Los Angeles Olympics, American runner Mary Decker fell after colliding with South African-born British competitor Zola Budd in the 3,000-meter final; Budd finished seventh.

Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:26:19 AM
In 1993, President Bill Clinton named Army Gen. John Shalikashvili (shah-lee-kash-VEE'-lee) to be the new chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, succeeding the retiring Gen. Colin Powell.

Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:26:51 AM
In 1997, President Bill Clinton made the first use of the historic line-item veto, rejecting three items in spending and tax bills. (However, the U.S. Supreme Court later struck down the veto as unconstitutional.)

Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:27:36 AM
Ten years ago: President George W. Bush expressed sympathy for war protesters like Cindy Sheehan, the mother camped outside his Texas ranch demanding more answers for her soldier-son Casey's death in Iraq, but said he believed it would be a mistake to bring U.S. troops home immediately. A one-day strike by British Airways baggage handlers and other ground staff forced the cancellation of hundreds of flights to and from Heathrow Airport.

Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:28:22 AM
Five years ago: In Baton Rouge, Louisiana, police and FBI agents captured Michael Francis Mara, suspected of being the so-called "Granddad Bandit" who'd held up two dozen banks in 13 states for about two years. (Mara later pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 25 years in prison.) Dan Rostenkowski, a former Illinois congressman who'd wielded enormous power on Capitol Hill for more than 30 years, died at his Wisconsin summer home at age 82.

Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:28:54 AM
One year ago: Robin Williams, 63, a brilliant shape-shifter who could channel his frenetic energy into delightful comic characters like "Mrs. Doubtfire" or harness it into richly nuanced work like his Oscar-winning turn in "Good Will Hunting," died in Tiburon, California, a suicide.

Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:29:42 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actress Arlene Dahl is 90. Songwriter-producer Kenny Gamble is 72. Rock musician Jim Kale (Guess Who) is 72. Magazine columnist Marilyn Vos Savant is 69. Country singer John Conlee is 69. Singer Eric Carmen is 66. Computer scientist and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak is 65. Wrestler-actor Hulk Hogan is 62. Singer Joe Jackson is 61. Playwright David Henry Hwang is 58. Actor Miguel A. Nunez Jr. is 51. Actress Viola Davis is 50. Actor Duane Martin is 50. Actor-host Joe Rogan is 48. Rhythm-and-blues musician Chris Dave is 47. Actress Anna Gunn is 47. Actress Ashley Jensen is 47. Actress Sophie Okonedo is 47. Rock guitarist Charlie Sexton is 47. Hip-hop artist Ali Shaheed Muhammad is 45. Actor Nigel Harman is 42. Actor Will Friedle is 39. Actor Rob Kerkovich (TV: "NCIS: New Orleans") is 36. Actress Merritt Wever is 35. Actor Chris Hemsworth is 32. Rock musician Heath Fogg (Alabama Shakes) is 31. Singer J-Boog is 30. Rapper Asher Roth is 30. Actress Alyson Stoner is 22.

Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:30:26 AM
Thought for Today: "You will have bad times, but they will always wake you up to the stuff you weren't paying attention to." - Robin Williams (1951-2014).
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 02:31:18 AM
Marriage Phrases
-------------------------

There was a man who said, "I never knew what happiness was until I got married...and then it was too late!"

Love is one long sweet dream, and marriage is the alarm clock.

They say when a man holds a woman's hand before marriage, it is love; after marriage, it is self-defense.

When a newly married man looks happy, we know why. But when a ten-year married man looks happy, we wonder why.

There was this lover who said that he would go through hell for her. They got married, and now he is going through hell.

A Code of Honor: Never approach a friend's girlfriend or wife with mischief as your goal. There are just too many women in the world to justify that sort of dishonorable behavior. Unless she's really attractive. -- Bruce Friedman

A coward is a hero with a wife, kids, and a mortgage. -- Marvin Kitman

A gentleman is one who never swears at his wife while ladies are present.

A husband is living proof that a wife can take a joke.

A husband is what's left of the lover after the nerve has been extracted. -Marriage quotes2// Marriage is like a mousetrap. Those on the outside are trying to get in. Those on the inside are trying to get out.

Marriage is low down, but you spend the rest of your life paying for it.

Marriage is the sole cause of divorce.

Marriage means commitment. Of course, so does insanity.

Marriage still confers one very special privilege - only a married person can get divorced.

Marriage: A ceremony in which rings are put on the finger of the lady and around the hands and feet of the man.

Marriage: the only sport in which the trapped animal has to buy the license.

Marriages are made in heaven and consummated on Earth.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 03:07:43 AM
Time to hit the road for work, enjoy your day guys.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 04:34:17 AM
Sheesh and a half time.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 04:35:04 AM
No Dave or Native this morning so it might be quiet around here for a few more sheesh's.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on August 11, 2015, 05:35:54 AM
Sheesh and a half time.
+1
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 06:42:40 AM
Good Morning Chip, how goes it?
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 11, 2015, 06:42:56 AM
No Dave or Native this morning so it might be quiet around here for a few more sheesh's.
Never give up on me!  Having coffee watching the sun come up and waiting on fishing guide to pick us up in about 15 minutes to go tarpon fishing
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 11, 2015, 06:43:23 AM
Morning LSU and Travellin Dave
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 06:52:14 AM
No Dave or Native this morning so it might be quiet around here for a few more sheesh's.
Afraid that's going to be the case.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 06:53:06 AM
Morning LSU and Travellin Dave
Morning Dave.  Not dipping your pole in the water yet?  Day is a wastin'
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: sfish on August 11, 2015, 07:14:18 AM
Cricket-cricket
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 07:21:34 AM
Cricket-cricket
Gonna be that kind of day.  Morning Fish.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: sfish on August 11, 2015, 07:33:19 AM
Cricket-cricket
Gonna be that kind of day.  Morning Fish.
Morning David, wonderful drive in this morning then a 1/4 mile walk across site to dampen my entire wardrobe
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 07:36:23 AM
Cricket-cricket
Gonna be that kind of day.  Morning Fish.
Morning David, wonderful drive in this morning then a 1/4 mile walk across site to dampen my entire wardrobe
Indeed.  I felt invigorated getting up to just look out at the gloom.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: sfish on August 11, 2015, 07:52:44 AM
Cricket-cricket
Gonna be that kind of day.  Morning Fish.
Morning David, wonderful drive in this morning then a 1/4 mile walk across site to dampen my entire wardrobe
Indeed.  I felt invigorated getting up to just look out at the gloom.
Well we certainly need the rain, so there's that
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 08:04:42 AM
Cricket-cricket
Gonna be that kind of day.  Morning Fish.
Morning David, wonderful drive in this morning then a 1/4 mile walk across site to dampen my entire wardrobe
Indeed.  I felt invigorated getting up to just look out at the gloom.
Well we certainly need the rain, so there's that
Guess it's better to get it out of the way during the week.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Threebean on August 11, 2015, 08:16:04 AM
Morning TarponDave, Gloomin'Dave, WardrobeBiebs, ODarkThirtyChip, and crickets.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 11, 2015, 08:32:35 AM
Happy Tuesday all!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Threebean on August 11, 2015, 08:37:35 AM
@fish.  Just noticed your icon text, LOL.  Guess I'll have to bust out my joisey accent again.  Yu talkin' tu me?!?!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Threebean on August 11, 2015, 08:38:28 AM
Happy Tuesday all!
Morning Shaun.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 08:46:18 AM
Morning YellowStar and Bean.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: sfish on August 11, 2015, 08:52:06 AM
@fish.  Just noticed your icon text, LOL.  Guess I'll have to bust out my joisey accent again.  Yu talkin' tu me?!?!
Oh I think you know who I'm talkin' to  ;D
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: sfish on August 11, 2015, 08:52:24 AM
Happy Tuesday all!
Morning Shaun
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 09:01:21 AM
Wow, blowing through to page 4!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 09:02:15 AM
So the absentee landlord  Mayor still using that work excuse?
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 11, 2015, 09:02:25 AM
Happy Tuesday all!
Morning Shaun.
Good mornin Mark
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 11, 2015, 09:02:40 AM
Morning YellowStar and Bean.
GMornin Dave!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 11, 2015, 09:02:56 AM
Happy Tuesday all!
Morning Shaun
What's shakin Scott?
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: sfish on August 11, 2015, 09:06:14 AM
So the absentee landlord  Mayor still using that work excuse?
We all know better than that!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: sfish on August 11, 2015, 09:07:09 AM
Happy Tuesday all!
Morning Shaun
What's shakin Scott?
ME! Effing freezing in my office normally and now I have wet pants - Not Happy!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 09:17:30 AM
Morning, Fellas. Great looking morning here. Sorry to the wet pants folks... poor planning on your part.  :P
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 09:18:46 AM
Morning, Fellas. Great looking morning here. Sorry to the wet pants folks... poor planning on your part.  :P
Guess he ran out of kleenex...
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 09:22:38 AM
Morning, Fellas. Great looking morning here. Sorry to the wet pants folks... poor planning on your part.  :P
Guess he ran out of kleenex...

Maybe the Warden can bring him some more. Don't want the other boys making fun... it's a new school year.  ;)
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 09:27:56 AM
@CheapoBean, The El Centurion toros at CigarPlace are $128 a box... just look at is as 2-10 packs damnit!

Should be able to use the Reddit10 coda for additional 10%OFF which would cover the shipping if you couldn't wait for Early Bird free shipping the 1st of the month.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 11, 2015, 09:39:57 AM
Happy Tuesday all!
Morning Shaun
What's shakin Scott?
ME! Effing freezing in my office normally and now I have wet pants - Not Happy!
Boss pay you a visit for a 'monica' this morning? ;)
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 11, 2015, 09:40:09 AM
Morning, Fellas. Great looking morning here. Sorry to the wet pants folks... poor planning on your part.  :P
Good mornin BS!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 09:41:06 AM
Morning Steve.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 09:46:00 AM
Morning, Fellas. Great looking morning here. Sorry to the wet pants folks... poor planning on your part.  :P
Good mornin BS!

Sup, Shaun. Had time for a La Duena robusto last night after dinner... good smoke. I'll continue to try and pick 3 at a time off the auction site until they disappear.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 09:48:39 AM
Morning Steve.

Mr. Atlantic... you breakin' in those new shitkickers yet? Funny, ads on my browser are sill filling with those places in Tx Dave posted for you... damn tracking cookies. haha
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Threebean on August 11, 2015, 09:49:52 AM
Morning, Fellas. Great looking morning here. Sorry to the wet pants folks... poor planning on your part.  :P
Guess he ran out of kleenex...
Maybe the Warden can bring him some more. Don't want the other boys making fun... it's a new school year.  ;)
Depends.  Just sayin'
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 11, 2015, 09:50:05 AM
Is it 5:PM yet?
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 11, 2015, 09:51:05 AM
Good morning, guys.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 11, 2015, 09:51:24 AM
Morning, Fellas. Great looking morning here. Sorry to the wet pants folks... poor planning on your part.  :P
Good mornin BS!

Sup, Shaun. Had time for a La Duena robusto last night after dinner... good smoke. I'll continue to try and pick 3 at a time off the auction site until they disappear.
Those are a great cigar - I just had one last week two.  They age well too!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 09:52:12 AM
Is it 5:PM yet?

It's 5 o'clock somewhere... that's what the song says anyway.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 09:53:43 AM
Good morning, guys.

Hey there, Tony. And before I forget... Happy Tuesday & GFY!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Threebean on August 11, 2015, 09:55:19 AM
@CheapoBean, The El Centurion toros at CigarPlace are $128 a box... just look at is as 2-10 packs damnit!
Should be able to use the Reddit10 coda for additional 10%OFF which would cover the shipping if you couldn't wait for Early Bird free shipping the 1st of the month.
AtlanticDave said they were $115 there.  And yeah, us cheapos definitely wait for the 1st of the month free ship at the Place.  Or the $1 ship deal as a fall back.  Goes without saying!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 09:55:42 AM
Morning, Fellas. Great looking morning here. Sorry to the wet pants folks... poor planning on your part.  :P
Good mornin BS!

Sup, Shaun. Had time for a La Duena robusto last night after dinner... good smoke. I'll continue to try and pick 3 at a time off the auction site until they disappear.
Those are a great cigar - I just had one last week two.  They age well too!

Agreed. I'd just pick up another box, but the pricing on the auction is tough to beat.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 09:59:35 AM
@CheapoBean, The El Centurion toros at CigarPlace are $128 a box... just look at is as 2-10 packs damnit!
Should be able to use the Reddit10 coda for additional 10%OFF which would cover the shipping if you couldn't wait for Early Bird free shipping the 1st of the month.
AtlanticDave said they were $115 there.  And yeah, us cheapos definitely wait for the 1st of the month free ship at the Place.  Or the $1 ship deal as a fall back.  Goes without saying!

After the discount code, it's pretty much a wash then. You can go to Atlantic, and Dave will get his enabler credit. So, there's that I guess... unless he gave you the VIP price, then in that case, add another $60.  ;)
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 11, 2015, 10:02:18 AM
Morning, Fellas. Great looking morning here. Sorry to the wet pants folks... poor planning on your part.  :P
Good mornin BS!

Sup, Shaun. Had time for a La Duena robusto last night after dinner... good smoke. I'll continue to try and pick 3 at a time off the auction site until they disappear.
Those are a great cigar - I just had one last week two.  They age well too!

Agreed. I'd just pick up another box, but the pricing on the auction is tough to beat.
That's the place to get em.  Smoke Inn isn't terrible when they have them in stock, usually they are in the $90s/box
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 10:04:09 AM
@CheapoBean, The El Centurion toros at CigarPlace are $128 a box... just look at is as 2-10 packs damnit!
Should be able to use the Reddit10 coda for additional 10%OFF which would cover the shipping if you couldn't wait for Early Bird free shipping the 1st of the month.
AtlanticDave said they were $115 there.  And yeah, us cheapos definitely wait for the 1st of the month free ship at the Place.  Or the $1 ship deal as a fall back.  Goes without saying!
I wasn't going to bring that up, but yes.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Threebean on August 11, 2015, 10:05:26 AM
Imagine ya'll have seen this deal.  Very tempted.  Free Ship, too!
http://www.cigarpage.com/?utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=http%3a%2f%2fwww.cigarpage.com&utm_campaign=It%E2%80%99s+all+Oval+but+the+shouting.+40%25+off+San+Lotano+Oval+in+boxes+and+fivers. (http://www.cigarpage.com/?utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=http%3a%2f%2fwww.cigarpage.com&utm_campaign=It%E2%80%99s+all+Oval+but+the+shouting.+40%25+off+San+Lotano+Oval+in+boxes+and+fivers.)
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 10:05:57 AM
@CheapoBean, The El Centurion toros at CigarPlace are $128 a box... just look at is as 2-10 packs damnit!
Should be able to use the Reddit10 coda for additional 10%OFF which would cover the shipping if you couldn't wait for Early Bird free shipping the 1st of the month.
AtlanticDave said they were $115 there.  And yeah, us cheapos definitely wait for the 1st of the month free ship at the Place.  Or the $1 ship deal as a fall back.  Goes without saying!

After the discount code, it's pretty much a wash then. You can go to Atlantic, and Dave will get his enabler credit. So, there's that I guess... unless he gave you the VIP price, then in that case, add another $60.  ;)
Then again, Bean gets free shipping and hand delivery.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 10:09:06 AM
Imagine ya'll have seen this deal.  Very tempted.  Free Ship, too!
http://www.cigarpage.com/?utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=http%3a%2f%2fwww.cigarpage.com&utm_campaign=It%E2%80%99s+all+Oval+but+the+shouting.+40%25+off+San+Lotano+Oval+in+boxes+and+fivers. (http://www.cigarpage.com/?utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=http%3a%2f%2fwww.cigarpage.com&utm_campaign=It%E2%80%99s+all+Oval+but+the+shouting.+40%25+off+San+Lotano+Oval+in+boxes+and+fivers.)
Not bad at all!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Threebean on August 11, 2015, 10:09:20 AM
@CheapoBean, The El Centurion toros at CigarPlace are $128 a box... just look at is as 2-10 packs damnit!
Should be able to use the Reddit10 coda for additional 10%OFF which would cover the shipping if you couldn't wait for Early Bird free shipping the 1st of the month.
AtlanticDave said they were $115 there.  And yeah, us cheapos definitely wait for the 1st of the month free ship at the Place.  Or the $1 ship deal as a fall back.  Goes without saying!
After the discount code, it's pretty much a wash then. You can go to Atlantic, and Dave will get his enabler credit. So, there's that I guess... unless he gave you the VIP price, then in that case, add another $60.  ;)
Then again, Bean gets free shipping and hand delivery.
You get free shipping with the VIP pricing?
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: ss2 on August 11, 2015, 10:11:15 AM
Good morning all!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 10:13:59 AM
Imagine ya'll have seen this deal.  Very tempted.  Free Ship, too!
http://www.cigarpage.com/?utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=http%3a%2f%2fwww.cigarpage.com&utm_campaign=It%E2%80%99s+all+Oval+but+the+shouting.+40%25+off+San+Lotano+Oval+in+boxes+and+fivers. (http://www.cigarpage.com/?utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=http%3a%2f%2fwww.cigarpage.com&utm_campaign=It%E2%80%99s+all+Oval+but+the+shouting.+40%25+off+San+Lotano+Oval+in+boxes+and+fivers.)
Not bad at all!

+2
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 11, 2015, 10:14:52 AM
Is it 5:PM yet?

It's 5 o'clock somewhere... that's what the song says anyway.
True.  I just have to get through the next two weeks.  But boy oh boy do I hate wishing my days away.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 10:14:58 AM
Good morning all!

Morning, Sam.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 10:15:15 AM
Morning Steve.

Mr. Atlantic... you breakin' in those new shitkickers yet? Funny, ads on my browser are sill filling with those places in Tx Dave posted for you... damn tracking cookies. haha
Yea, weather still a little warm for wearing them.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 10:16:24 AM
@CheapoBean, The El Centurion toros at CigarPlace are $128 a box... just look at is as 2-10 packs damnit!
Should be able to use the Reddit10 coda for additional 10%OFF which would cover the shipping if you couldn't wait for Early Bird free shipping the 1st of the month.
AtlanticDave said they were $115 there.  And yeah, us cheapos definitely wait for the 1st of the month free ship at the Place.  Or the $1 ship deal as a fall back.  Goes without saying!
After the discount code, it's pretty much a wash then. You can go to Atlantic, and Dave will get his enabler credit. So, there's that I guess... unless he gave you the VIP price, then in that case, add another $60.  ;)
Then again, Bean gets free shipping and hand delivery.
You get free shipping with the VIP pricing?
Orders of $150.  Usually don't have any problem meeting that.
Sometimes the site (rarely) has a special for all with a $99 threshold for FS.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 10:21:31 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 10:24:35 AM
Good Moring Raz.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 11, 2015, 10:29:41 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good mornin Mr. Raz
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 10:32:59 AM
Enablers are at it this morning, I see. Morning, Shaun and TD.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: ss2 on August 11, 2015, 10:33:06 AM
Good morning all!

Morning, Sam.
Morning Steve.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: ss2 on August 11, 2015, 10:33:32 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning Raz.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Threebean on August 11, 2015, 10:33:58 AM
[...]
Hmmm.  Just blew $50 on the Oval deal, so might need to sit back a bit on the Centurions.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 10:35:44 AM
At the Monster:
Four Kicks Corona Gorda 5/$23
Perdomo Champagne Robusto 5/$18.98
...not much else of interest at any price, but those that are are no bargain.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Threebean on August 11, 2015, 10:35:51 AM
Enablers are at it this morning, I see. Morning, Shaun and TD.
Morning raz.  Like the rest of us, you need some more cigars.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 10:36:43 AM
[...]
Well, that's regular price, so there is no sense of urgency.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 10:37:45 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning Raz.
Sam!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 10:40:21 AM
Morning, muchachos.

Morning, Bret. How'd your beach camping trip go?
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 10:41:12 AM
Enablers are at it this morning, I see. Morning, Shaun and TD.
Morning raz.  Like the rest of us, you need some more cigars.
Yeah, I do. But I'm trying to resist temptation. Doing a lot of financial housekeeping at the moment. Have been all summer.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 10:44:36 AM
Morning, muchachos.

Morning, Bret. How'd your beach camping trip go?
It was very relaxing. Overcast on Friday, blustery and wet on Saturday, sunny and temperate on Sunday. I know some folks here will see that as one good day out of three, but given the intent was to get away from the illogical heat in the Seattle area, it was perfect.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 10:46:46 AM
Morning, muchachos.

Morning, Bret. How'd your beach camping trip go?
He went with Dean too???
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 10:49:48 AM
Morning, muchachos.

Morning, Bret. How'd your beach camping trip go?
It was very relaxing. Overcast on Friday, blustery and wet on Saturday, sunny and temperate on Sunday. I know some folks here will see that as one good day out of three, but given the intent was to get away from the illogical heat in the Seattle area, it was perfect.

Good deal. Always nice to get away.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 10:53:53 AM
Morning, muchachos.

Morning, Bret. How'd your beach camping trip go?
He went with Dean too???
Uh...no.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 10:55:30 AM
Morning, muchachos.

Morning, Bret. How'd your beach camping trip go?
He went with Dean too???

Not like he wouldn't have enough room in the 'condo' tent for everyone. Coulda parked the Jeep in there as well.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 10:58:46 AM
Morning, muchachos.

Morning, Bret. How'd your beach camping trip go?
He went with Dean too???

Not like he wouldn't have enough room in the 'condo' tent for everyone. Coulda parked the Jeep in there as well.
Hell, could probably park his Jeep and my Diesel Suburban in there.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Threebean on August 11, 2015, 10:59:36 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Bret. How'd your beach camping trip go?
He went with Dean too???
Not like he wouldn't have enough room in the 'condo' tent for everyone. Coulda parked the Jeep in there as well.
Indeed.  And a threesome with Dean and the bikerlady, what could go wrong?
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 11:01:31 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Bret. How'd your beach camping trip go?
He went with Dean too???
Not like he wouldn't have enough room in the 'condo' tent for everyone. Coulda parked the Jeep in there as well.
Indeed.  And a threesome with Dean and the bikerlady, what could go wrong?
Exactly!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 11:04:31 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Bret. How'd your beach camping trip go?
He went with Dean too???
Not like he wouldn't have enough room in the 'condo' tent for everyone. Coulda parked the Jeep in there as well.
Indeed.  And a threesome with Dean and the bikerlady, what could go wrong?
Thanks, Mark. Just snorted coffee through my nose and narrowly missed the keyboard. Bastige.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 11, 2015, 11:04:31 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Bret. How'd your beach camping trip go?
He went with Dean too???
Not like he wouldn't have enough room in the 'condo' tent for everyone. Coulda parked the Jeep in there as well.
Indeed.  And a threesome with Dean and the bikerlady, what could go wrong?
Exactly!
Dear lord
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Threebean on August 11, 2015, 11:16:08 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Bret. How'd your beach camping trip go?
He went with Dean too???
Not like he wouldn't have enough room in the 'condo' tent for everyone. Coulda parked the Jeep in there as well.
Indeed.  And a threesome with Dean and the bikerlady, what could go wrong?
Exactly!
Dear lord
Actually it's "oh god, oh god, ohhhhh goooodddd!"
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 11, 2015, 11:16:15 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Bret. How'd your beach camping trip go?
He went with Dean too???
Not like he wouldn't have enough room in the 'condo' tent for everyone. Coulda parked the Jeep in there as well.
Indeed.  And a threesome with Dean and the bikerlady, what could go wrong?
Thanks, Mark. Just snorted coffee through my nose and narrowly missed the keyboard. Bastige.
Might be worth it to get your Verizon and Insurance bills paid tho ;)
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 11:18:05 AM
Let me think...no.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 11, 2015, 11:40:53 AM
Good morning boys and girls...!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 11:41:51 AM
Good morning boys and girls...!
Morning, Dad.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 11:44:45 AM
Morning BD.  Is Tuesday afternoon Whiskey and Toaster Oven day?
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: ss2 on August 11, 2015, 11:44:47 AM
Good morning boys and girls...!
Hi BD!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 11, 2015, 11:44:58 AM
Good morning boys and girls...!
DAD!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 11:52:03 AM
Good morning boys and girls...!

BD's here! We demand a story!  ;D
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 11, 2015, 11:54:37 AM
Ok, I asked Joe about the Running Man trick.  I knew I wasn't crazy..!  I tried it, and it didn't work, but I wasn't logged in, just watching and tried it.  I assume they caught the flaw and fixed it.  Anyway, as soon as the bidding ended, you would refresh the screen and it would pull up the last and final bid screen with the lowest price, allowing you to place your bid.  I remember doing it in the past, but I never click the buy button to buy anything.  It did give you the appearance that you could buy. Ok, that's all I know thanks to Joe.  :)
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 11, 2015, 11:58:59 AM
Good morning boys and girls...!
Morning, Dad.
Hello Brett, Dave(s), Shaun, Tony, Sam, BS, Bean, and all others... :)
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 11, 2015, 12:01:32 PM
Morning BD.  Is Tuesday afternoon Whiskey and Toaster Oven day?
That's interesting.  My drinking friend just text messaged me and wants to come over with some beer shortly. YIKES..!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 11, 2015, 12:07:59 PM
Good morning boys and girls...!

BD's here! We demand a story!  ;D
Good morning BS...  It's funny you should ask.

I went to the pharmacy with my son and grandchildren to pick up some prescriptions.  Luke, who is 3 years old, had his
head on the counter and was listening to everything said.  My son looks at Luke and says, "You know both of these
prescriptions are for you...!"  At that very same time the pharmacist placed the prescriptions onto the counter and said,
"You know, you'll have to sign for this...!"  Without missing a beat, Luke picks up the electronic pen, and starts trying to print
his name onto the electronic tablet.  I looked at my son and said, "It is his prescription, can he do that...?"
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: ss2 on August 11, 2015, 12:08:13 PM
Morning BD.  Is Tuesday afternoon Whiskey and Toaster Oven day?
That's interesting.  My drinking friend just text messaged me and wants to come over with some beer shortly. YIKES..!
you have any lawnmowers to be fixed?  sounds like an opportunity to me!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: ss2 on August 11, 2015, 12:14:53 PM
so my last MYM showed up.  the rm 101.  I've never tried a rm101 blend.  are they usually soft/loose roll feeling?  these feel pretty soft.  they do have a humi pillow in with them, so they may just be over humidified.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 12:23:06 PM
Morning BD.  Is Tuesday afternoon Whiskey and Toaster Oven day?
That's interesting.  My drinking friend just text messaged me and wants to come over with some beer shortly. YIKES..!
I need better friends. Mine all want me to provide the booze.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 11, 2015, 12:30:03 PM
Sorry, but I'm running around here like a head with my chicken cut off...!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 12:40:22 PM
Good morning boys and girls...!

BD's here! We demand a story!  ;D
Good morning BS...  It's funny you should ask.

I went to the pharmacy with my son and grandchildren to pick up some prescriptions.  Luke, who is 3 years old, had his
head on the counter and was listening to everything said.  My son looks at Luke and says, "You know both of these
prescriptions are for you...!"  At that very same time the pharmacist placed the prescriptions onto the counter and said,
"You know, you'll have to sign for this...!"  Without missing a beat, Luke picks up the electronic pen, and starts trying to print
his name onto the electronic tablet.  I looked at my son and said, "It is his prescription, can he do that...?"

Ha! The warden signs my name all the time, so I don't think it matters. Not like you could read it anyway.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 12:47:20 PM
Sorry, but I'm running around here like a head with my chicken cut off...!

Sorry to hear about your chicken.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 12:49:13 PM
so my last MYM showed up.  the rm 101.  I've never tried a rm101 blend.  are they usually soft/loose roll feeling?  these feel pretty soft.  they do have a humi pillow in with them, so they may just be over humidified.

Hmm, not normally. Usually pretty tight... 3... 2...
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Threebean on August 11, 2015, 12:50:24 PM
so my last MYM showed up.  the rm 101.  I've never tried a rm101 blend.  are they usually soft/loose roll feeling?  these feel pretty soft.  they do have a humi pillow in with them, so they may just be over humidified.

Hmm, not normally. Usually pretty tight... 3... 2...
TWSS.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 11, 2015, 12:52:43 PM
Morning BD.  Is Tuesday afternoon Whiskey and Toaster Oven day?
That's interesting.  My drinking friend just text messaged me and wants to come over with some beer shortly. YIKES..!
you have any lawnmowers to be fixed?  sounds like an opportunity to me!
Knock on wood, so far everything seems to be working except my wife's car, and it's beyond repair. Ugh..  Hopefully just some relaxing beer and whiskey... :)  And hopefully the Ambien and Xanax will keep my wife in bed and not wondering around, like it can cause some times.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 12:53:35 PM
Morning BD.  Is Tuesday afternoon Whiskey and Toaster Oven day?
That's interesting.  My drinking friend just text messaged me and wants to come over with some beer shortly. YIKES..!
Dean is off the grid this week.  We need entertainment.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on August 11, 2015, 12:56:04 PM
so my last MYM showed up.  the rm 101.  I've never tried a rm101 blend.  are they usually soft/loose roll feeling?  these feel pretty soft.  they do have a humi pillow in with them, so they may just be over humidified.
The Famous Advisor just ran an article on what to do with over humidified cigars.  One solution if you planning on smoking them in the next few days was hot boxing them in a cedar cigar box.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 12:56:46 PM
so my last MYM showed up.  the rm 101.  I've never tried a rm101 blend.  are they usually soft/loose roll feeling?  these feel pretty soft.  they do have a humi pillow in with them, so they may just be over humidified.

Hmm, not normally. Usually pretty tight... 3... 2...
TWSS.
Good to see you have your timing back....or have you two been "rehearsing"?
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 01:04:13 PM
so my last MYM showed up.  the rm 101.  I've never tried a rm101 blend.  are they usually soft/loose roll feeling?  these feel pretty soft.  they do have a humi pillow in with them, so they may just be over humidified.

Hmm, not normally. Usually pretty tight... 3... 2...
TWSS.
Good to see you have your timing back....or have you two been "rehearsing"?

"Practice makes perfect."
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Threebean on August 11, 2015, 01:05:41 PM
so my last MYM showed up.  the rm 101.  I've never tried a rm101 blend.  are they usually soft/loose roll feeling?  these feel pretty soft.  they do have a humi pillow in with them, so they may just be over humidified.
Hmm, not normally. Usually pretty tight... 3... 2...
TWSS.
Good to see you have your timing back....or have you two been "rehearsing"?
Naw, was exercising in the mini-gym and just sat back down at my desk.  But my timing has always been perfect...3...2...1...
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 01:08:49 PM
so my last MYM showed up.  the rm 101.  I've never tried a rm101 blend.  are they usually soft/loose roll feeling?  these feel pretty soft.  they do have a humi pillow in with them, so they may just be over humidified.
Hmm, not normally. Usually pretty tight... 3... 2...
TWSS.
Good to see you have your timing back....or have you two been "rehearsing"?
Naw, was exercising in the mini-gym and just sat back down at my desk.  But my timing has always been perfect...3...2...1...

TNWSS, but he is very 'enthusiastic'.  ;D
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 01:14:59 PM
Morning BD.  Is Tuesday afternoon Whiskey and Toaster Oven day?
That's interesting.  My drinking friend just text messaged me and wants to come over with some beer shortly. YIKES..!
Dean is off the grid this week.  We need entertainment.
And Tex is on-and-off this week, so we can't even amuse ourselves by getting him riled.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 01:17:05 PM
IHavanas is promoting Vegueros. Anybody smoked them and have an opinion of them?
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: ss2 on August 11, 2015, 01:32:50 PM
forgot the Connies I bought yesterday was a box of 40, not 20.  anyone want to try a Bajia Connecticut Deluxe torp?
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 11, 2015, 01:33:15 PM
Morning BD.  Is Tuesday afternoon Whiskey and Toaster Oven day?
That's interesting.  My drinking friend just text messaged me and wants to come over with some beer shortly. YIKES..!
Dean is off the grid this week.  We need entertainment.
And Tex is on-and-off this week, so we can't even amuse ourselves by getting him riled.
GFY
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 01:35:44 PM
IHavanas is promoting Vegueros. Anybody smoked them and have an opinion of them?

No, but curse you for making me look.  ;D

What does Box 4x4 mean? 16 sticks?
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 01:36:28 PM
Morning BD.  Is Tuesday afternoon Whiskey and Toaster Oven day?
That's interesting.  My drinking friend just text messaged me and wants to come over with some beer shortly. YIKES..!
Dean is off the grid this week.  We need entertainment.
And Tex is on-and-off this week, so we can't even amuse ourselves by getting him riled.
You won't get him riled this week, unless you could conjure up a hurricane.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 01:37:59 PM
Morning BD.  Is Tuesday afternoon Whiskey and Toaster Oven day?
That's interesting.  My drinking friend just text messaged me and wants to come over with some beer shortly. YIKES..!
Dean is off the grid this week.  We need entertainment.
And Tex is on-and-off this week, so we can't even amuse ourselves by getting him riled.
You won't get him riled this week, unless you could conjure up a hurricane.

... or if the fish keep breaking his line.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 01:42:00 PM
IHavanas is promoting Vegueros. Anybody smoked them and have an opinion of them?
No and No
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 01:42:41 PM
IHavanas is promoting Vegueros. Anybody smoked them and have an opinion of them?

No, but curse you for making me look.  ;D

What does Box 4x4 mean? 16 sticks?
Four seats, four wheel drive......I think....... :o
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 01:43:00 PM
Morning BD.  Is Tuesday afternoon Whiskey and Toaster Oven day?
That's interesting.  My drinking friend just text messaged me and wants to come over with some beer shortly. YIKES..!
Dean is off the grid this week.  We need entertainment.
And Tex is on-and-off this week, so we can't even amuse ourselves by getting him riled.
GFY
Correction, we can only amuse ourselves part-time by getting Tex riled.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 01:46:23 PM
IHavanas is promoting Vegueros. Anybody smoked them and have an opinion of them?

No, but curse you for making me look.  ;D

What does Box 4x4 mean? 16 sticks?
In my experience, such a designation suggests a cardboard box containing four 4-packs.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 01:48:38 PM
Morning BD.  Is Tuesday afternoon Whiskey and Toaster Oven day?
That's interesting.  My drinking friend just text messaged me and wants to come over with some beer shortly. YIKES..!
Dean is off the grid this week.  We need entertainment.
And Tex is on-and-off this week, so we can't even amuse ourselves by getting him riled.
GFY
Correction, we can only amuse ourselves part-time by getting Tex riled.

(http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150126015944/villains/images/6/69/Yosemite_Sam_by_chaosengine77.jpg)

Sassa Rackin, Commies!

LMAO!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 01:53:17 PM
IHavanas is promoting Vegueros. Anybody smoked them and have an opinion of them?

No, but curse you for making me look.  ;D

What does Box 4x4 mean? 16 sticks?
In my experience, such a designation suggests a cardboard box containing four 4-packs.

Rather inexpensive pricing then (comparatively). I guess the reason prompting your question.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: flip from jersey on August 11, 2015, 01:55:30 PM
good afternoon boys, couple of car questions: the used 2006 lexus IS250 AWD I bought, dealer tells me the rubber boots on the rear axles are starting to go, so i need to replace rear axles on both sides to the tune of $5,000.00($2000 parts $3000 labor) says lexus just doesn't sell the rubber parts. Anybody ever hear this BS?  Oh and 2nd my daughter comes back from Montana, saying she drove both stick shift and manual... turns out she didn't know stick shift was manual, and the other type of car she drove was automatic!  gets very high marks in school though.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 02:01:49 PM
IHavanas is promoting Vegueros. Anybody smoked them and have an opinion of them?

No, but curse you for making me look.  ;D

What does Box 4x4 mean? 16 sticks?
In my experience, such a designation suggests a cardboard box containing four 4-packs.

Rather inexpensive pricing then (comparatively). I guess the reason prompting your question.
I'm kinda like Bean in that way.  When ISOKWs get sub-$8/stick, my credit card gets itchy.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 11, 2015, 02:03:09 PM
good afternoon boys, couple of car questions: the used 2006 lexus IS250 AWD I bought, dealer tells me the rubber boots on the rear axles are starting to go, so i need to replace rear axles on both sides to the tune of $5,000.00($2000 parts $3000 labor) says lexus just doesn't sell the rubber parts. Anybody ever hear this BS?  Oh and 2nd my daughter comes back from Montana, saying she drove both stick shift and manual... turns out she didn't know stick shift was manual, and the other type of car she drove was automatic!  gets very high marks in school though.
That is the way they are made on a Toyota so guessing it is a fact.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 02:09:17 PM
good afternoon boys, couple of car questions: the used 2006 lexus IS250 AWD I bought, dealer tells me the rubber boots on the rear axles are starting to go, so i need to replace rear axles on both sides to the tune of $5,000.00($2000 parts $3000 labor) says lexus just doesn't sell the rubber parts. Anybody ever hear this BS?  Oh and 2nd my daughter comes back from Montana, saying she drove both stick shift and manual... turns out she didn't know stick shift was manual, and the other type of car she drove was automatic!  gets very high marks in school though.

I think most of the bands that attach the boot are machined on and may be why. Even if you could get just the boots, you would be hard pressed to find the stainless clamps necessary. Don't know that you'd want to use the standard 'worm gear' type. Also, once the boots crack, those joints are exposed to all kinds of dirt, water etc, so no telling how long the quick fix would even work.

I think your quote is a little high none-the-less. I think they just saw the name on the car and added cost liberally. I'd get some more quotes... even after-market parts + labor... there's my .02
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 02:10:21 PM
good afternoon boys, couple of car questions: the used 2006 lexus IS250 AWD I bought, dealer tells me the rubber boots on the rear axles are starting to go, so i need to replace rear axles on both sides to the tune of $5,000.00($2000 parts $3000 labor) says lexus just doesn't sell the rubber parts. Anybody ever hear this BS?  Oh and 2nd my daughter comes back from Montana, saying she drove both stick shift and manual... turns out she didn't know stick shift was manual, and the other type of car she drove was automatic!  gets very high marks in school though.
There are boot kits out there for the '06 IS250, but probably not made by Lexus.  The entire damned axle can be had for less than $100.  So he's probably telling the truth, just not the whole story.  Whether you buy in depends on how much you believe parts that have official Lexus numbers and mechanics employed by a Lexus dealership are "better."  Truth is, those boots are coming out of China, regardless of the marque.

I see now how Lexus makes its money.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 02:17:23 PM
good afternoon boys, couple of car questions: the used 2006 lexus IS250 AWD I bought, dealer tells me the rubber boots on the rear axles are starting to go, so i need to replace rear axles on both sides to the tune of $5,000.00($2000 parts $3000 labor) says lexus just doesn't sell the rubber parts. Anybody ever hear this BS?  Oh and 2nd my daughter comes back from Montana, saying she drove both stick shift and manual... turns out she didn't know stick shift was manual, and the other type of car she drove was automatic!  gets very high marks in school though.
There are boot kits out there for the '06 IS250, but probably not made by Lexus.  So he's probably telling the truth but not the whole story.  The entire damned axle can be had for less than $100.  So he's probably telling the truth, just not the whole story.  Whether you buy in depends on how much you believe parts that have official Lexus numbers and mechanics employed by a Lexus dealership are "better."  Truth is, those boots are coming out of China, regardless of the marque.

I see now how Lexus makes its money.
Should have noted that Steve is correct - would require special tools to rebuild.  But since there is so much padding for labor in the guy's quote (parts are only going to be a few hundred bucks), I'd try negotiating or find a different mechanic.  If you were closer, I'd do it for you and only charge $3000 for parts and labor. ;-)
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 02:18:14 PM
good afternoon boys, couple of car questions: the used 2006 lexus IS250 AWD I bought, dealer tells me the rubber boots on the rear axles are starting to go, so i need to replace rear axles on both sides to the tune of $5,000.00($2000 parts $3000 labor) says lexus just doesn't sell the rubber parts. Anybody ever hear this BS?  Oh and 2nd my daughter comes back from Montana, saying she drove both stick shift and manual... turns out she didn't know stick shift was manual, and the other type of car she drove was automatic!  gets very high marks in school though.
Well, automatics have a stick shift (of a sort) except for new ones that just have damn buttons... we'll give her half credit.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 02:21:20 PM
good afternoon boys, couple of car questions: the used 2006 lexus IS250 AWD I bought, dealer tells me the rubber boots on the rear axles are starting to go, so i need to replace rear axles on both sides to the tune of $5,000.00($2000 parts $3000 labor) says lexus just doesn't sell the rubber parts. Anybody ever hear this BS?  Oh and 2nd my daughter comes back from Montana, saying she drove both stick shift and manual... turns out she didn't know stick shift was manual, and the other type of car she drove was automatic!  gets very high marks in school though.
Well, automatics have a stick shift (of a sort) except for new ones that just have damn buttons... we'll give her half credit.
And some automatics are manually shifted, so there's that.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: flip from jersey on August 11, 2015, 02:26:00 PM
good afternoon boys, couple of car questions: the used 2006 lexus IS250 AWD I bought, dealer tells me the rubber boots on the rear axles are starting to go, so i need to replace rear axles on both sides to the tune of $5,000.00($2000 parts $3000 labor) says lexus just doesn't sell the rubber parts. Anybody ever hear this BS?  Oh and 2nd my daughter comes back from Montana, saying she drove both stick shift and manual... turns out she didn't know stick shift was manual, and the other type of car she drove was automatic!  gets very high marks in school though.
That is the way they are made on a Toyota so guessing it is a fact.
just went online auto parts warehouse had re-manufactured for about $260 with a $50 core per axle, that saves $1500, on the parts, and if I don't use the dealer probably $1500 on the labor.  Firestone, hear I come.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Threebean on August 11, 2015, 02:36:23 PM
good afternoon boys, couple of car questions: the used 2006 lexus IS250 AWD I bought, dealer tells me the rubber boots on the rear axles are starting to go, so i need to replace rear axles on both sides to the tune of $5,000.00($2000 parts $3000 labor) says lexus just doesn't sell the rubber parts. Anybody ever hear this BS?  Oh and 2nd my daughter comes back from Montana, saying she drove both stick shift and manual... turns out she didn't know stick shift was manual, and the other type of car she drove was automatic!  gets very high marks in school though.
That is the way they are made on a Toyota so guessing it is a fact.
just went online auto parts warehouse had re-manufactured for about $260 with a $50 core per axle, that saves $1500, on the parts, and if I don't use the dealer probably $1500 on the labor.  Firestone, hear I come.
But are those parts free shipping?  Catsrule?  Just sayin'
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 11, 2015, 02:37:57 PM
[...]
ROFL!!!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: flip from jersey on August 11, 2015, 02:39:58 PM
[...]
yes, after $99 the shipping is free!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 11, 2015, 02:40:32 PM
How bout Geno Smith, rough start to the year
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 11, 2015, 02:47:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13416881/geno-smith-new-york-jets-6-10-weeks-broken-jaw (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13416881/geno-smith-new-york-jets-6-10-weeks-broken-jaw)
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 03:15:20 PM
How bout Geno Smith, rough start to the year

Not even football related... sheesh.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 11, 2015, 03:21:01 PM
How bout Geno Smith, rough start to the year

Not even football related... sheesh.
Probably a 'Yo Daddy' joke gone bad
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 03:25:02 PM
For those looking at Atlantic Cigar King....
Little sumpin' sumpin'
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 03:27:37 PM
How bout Geno Smith, rough start to the year

Not even football related... sheesh.
Probably a 'Yo Daddy' joke gone bad

Yep. Little altercation for Cam yesterday after he threw a pick... guess the "D" guys are tired of those prima donna QB's... lol
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 03:28:37 PM
How bout Geno Smith, rough start to the year

Not even football related... sheesh.
Probably a 'Yo Daddy' joke gone bad

Yep. Little altercation for Cam yesterday after he threw a pick... guess the "D" guys are tired of those prima donna QB's... lol
Guess if the other team defenses can't touch the QB, it's up to your own team...
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 03:30:06 PM
How bout Geno Smith, rough start to the year

Not even football related... sheesh.
Probably a 'Yo Daddy' joke gone bad

Yep. Little altercation for Cam yesterday after he threw a pick... guess the "D" guys are tired of those prima donna QB's... lol
Course, in this case, now the "D" guy has to find a job.  Brilliant career move.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 03:31:14 PM
For those looking at Atlantic Cigar King....
Little sumpin' sumpin'

Who are you, and What have you done with AtlanticDave?  ;D

Here's another Little sumpin' sumpin'...

(https://shebrewsgoodale.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/little-sumpin-sumpin-label.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 03:34:17 PM
For those looking at Atlantic Cigar King....
Little sumpin' sumpin'

Who are you, and What have you done with AtlanticDave?  ;D

Here's another Little sumpin' sumpin'...

(https://shebrewsgoodale.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/little-sumpin-sumpin-label.jpg)
Exactly my source of inspiration.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 11, 2015, 03:37:21 PM
How bout Geno Smith, rough start to the year

Not even football related... sheesh.
Probably a 'Yo Daddy' joke gone bad

Yep. Little altercation for Cam yesterday after he threw a pick... guess the "D" guys are tired of those prima donna QB's... lol
Course, in this case, now the "D" guy has to find a job.  Brilliant career move.
Just for the Jets, Panthers dust-up was of the more routine variety.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 03:38:20 PM
How bout Geno Smith, rough start to the year

Not even football related... sheesh.
Probably a 'Yo Daddy' joke gone bad

Yep. Little altercation for Cam yesterday after he threw a pick... guess the "D" guys are tired of those prima donna QB's... lol
Course, in this case, now the "D" guy has to find a job.  Brilliant career move.

Well, since he was only a 6th round pick, he wasn't even 'really' on the team yet anyway. The fact the QB's run around in a 'don't hit me' red jersey in practice makes it pretty clear of what you're not supposed to do. This guy probably didn't deserve a job... and probably needs some anger management regardless.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 03:40:36 PM
For those looking at Atlantic Cigar King....
Little sumpin' sumpin'

Who are you, and What have you done with AtlanticDave?  ;D

Here's another Little sumpin' sumpin'...

(https://shebrewsgoodale.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/little-sumpin-sumpin-label.jpg)
Exactly my source of inspiration.

Haha! That is some good stuff.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 03:40:37 PM
News of the day, from the You Can't Be Serious Department:

"In recent years, China has worked to let the value of the currency, known as the yuan or renminbi, rise, but the announcement by China's central bank Tuesday is sure to reignite debate over whether the country is giving an unfair advantage to its businesses."

Debate?  Really?
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 03:47:36 PM
Best Headline of the Day:

"MIT Robots: Now able to punch through walls and serve you beer"

Gonna kick that Kool-Aid pitcher's ass.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Threebean on August 11, 2015, 03:49:10 PM
For those looking at Atlantic Cigar King....
Little sumpin' sumpin'
Who are you, and What have you done with AtlanticDave?  ;D
Here's another Little sumpin' sumpin'...
(https://shebrewsgoodale.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/little-sumpin-sumpin-label.jpg)
Exactly my source of inspiration.
Haha! That is some good stuff.
Indeed.  Limited qty's around these parts.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 03:55:36 PM
Since it's headline time, I saw this earlier and wondered why it couldn't be considered treason. They'd basically be conspiring against America in some form or fashion. I say they should lose their citizenship at the very least.

http://news.yahoo.com/mississippians-charged-trying-join-islamic-state-081252703.html
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 04:04:00 PM
Since it's headline time, I saw this earlier and wondered why it couldn't be considered treason. They'd basically be conspiring against America in some form or fashion. I say they should lose their citizenship at the very least.

http://news.yahoo.com/mississippians-charged-trying-join-islamic-state-081252703.html
It can't be considered treason because they didn't actually succeed in "adhering themselves to the enemy" or "giving them aid and comfort."

It's too bad there's no law against stupidity.  Or maybe that's good, because then we'd have 80 of the populace locked up.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: ss2 on August 11, 2015, 04:06:08 PM
Since it's headline time, I saw this earlier and wondered why it couldn't be considered treason. They'd basically be conspiring against America in some form or fashion. I say they should lose their citizenship at the very least.

http://news.yahoo.com/mississippians-charged-trying-join-islamic-state-081252703.html
We're not at war (for some reason) with isis, so unless they sold secrets or actually committed some act of terrorism, they're just suspected terrorists.  I'm All for the eye for an eye thing for these turds, just behead them and see if there are many more willing recruits.  :P
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 11, 2015, 04:10:38 PM
For those looking at Atlantic Cigar King....
Little sumpin' sumpin'
Who are you, and What have you done with AtlanticDave?  ;D
Here's another Little sumpin' sumpin'...
(https://shebrewsgoodale.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/little-sumpin-sumpin-label.jpg)
Exactly my source of inspiration.
Haha! That is some good stuff.
Indeed.  Limited qty's around these parts.
Went somewhere that had Lagunitas Sucks (Brown Shugga Substitute Ale) on the menu but they were out of it.  Really want to try that.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 04:14:24 PM
Since it's headline time, I saw this earlier and wondered why it couldn't be considered treason. They'd basically be conspiring against America in some form or fashion. I say they should lose their citizenship at the very least.

http://news.yahoo.com/mississippians-charged-trying-join-islamic-state-081252703.html
It can't be considered treason because they didn't actually succeed in "adhering themselves to the enemy" or "giving them aid and comfort."

It's too bad there's no law against stupidity.  Or maybe that's good, because then we'd have 80 of the populace locked up.

So, you don't think it would be covered under the sud-head 'subversive activities' of the code?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/part-I/chapter-115

I don't think locking them up will help either... and as you already pointed out, we'd have to let some of those pot dealers out to make room. Yet another discussion.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 04:17:12 PM
I think I picked the wrong time to mix alcohol and politics.  :P
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on August 11, 2015, 04:17:36 PM
For those looking at Atlantic Cigar King....
Little sumpin' sumpin'
Who are you, and What have you done with AtlanticDave?  ;D
Here's another Little sumpin' sumpin'...
(https://shebrewsgoodale.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/little-sumpin-sumpin-label.jpg)
Exactly my source of inspiration.
Haha! That is some good stuff.
Indeed.  Limited qty's around these parts.
Went somewhere that had Lagunitas Sucks (Brown Shugga Substitute Ale) on the menu but they were out of it.  Really want to try that.
It's a good beer Tony, I picked up a 6er a week or two ago.  Nice higher ABV% and nice hoppy flavors!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 04:19:11 PM
Since it's headline time, I saw this earlier and wondered why it couldn't be considered treason. They'd basically be conspiring against America in some form or fashion. I say they should lose their citizenship at the very least.

http://news.yahoo.com/mississippians-charged-trying-join-islamic-state-081252703.html
We're not at war (for some reason) with isis, so unless they sold secrets or actually committed some act of terrorism, they're just suspected terrorists.  I'm All for the eye for an eye thing for these turds, just behead them and see if there are many more willing recruits.  :P

Well, maybe not that far... maybe.  ;)
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on August 11, 2015, 04:26:44 PM
For those looking at Atlantic Cigar King....
Little sumpin' sumpin'
Who are you, and What have you done with AtlanticDave?  ;D
Here's another Little sumpin' sumpin'...
(https://shebrewsgoodale.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/little-sumpin-sumpin-label.jpg)
Exactly my source of inspiration.
Haha! That is some good stuff.
Indeed.  Limited qty's around these parts.
Went somewhere that had Lagunitas Sucks (Brown Shugga Substitute Ale) on the menu but they were out of it.  Really want to try that.
It's a good beer Tony, I picked up a 6er a week or two ago.  Nice higher ABV% and nice hoppy flavors!

Also a good brew, but a seasonal release I believe. So, kinda limiting.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 11, 2015, 04:28:16 PM
For those looking at Atlantic Cigar King....
Little sumpin' sumpin'
Who are you, and What have you done with AtlanticDave?  ;D
Here's another Little sumpin' sumpin'...
(https://shebrewsgoodale.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/little-sumpin-sumpin-label.jpg)
Exactly my source of inspiration.
Haha! That is some good stuff.
Indeed.  Limited qty's around these parts.
Went somewhere that had Lagunitas Sucks (Brown Shugga Substitute Ale) on the menu but they were out of it.  Really want to try that.
It's a good beer Tony, I picked up a 6er a week or two ago.  Nice higher ABV% and nice hoppy flavors!
I will look for some to have this weekend.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 04:36:44 PM
[...]

"Subversive Activities" isn't a sub-heading, simply a related category of activities with lesser significance.  18USC defines both crime and the general minimum and maximum punishments, but doesn't provide the parameters for conviction of the crime, which is left to precedent.  This makes it tricky to define "subversive activities" simply because of the constitutional guarantees of freedom of speech and assembly.  Historically, it's been difficult to successfully prosecute subversion in the US except in wartime.

As for locking them up, I kinda feel that's the worst punishment we can levy.  Lock a couple of twenty-somethings in supermax, and in a couple of years the pointlessness of their existence sinks in - and they still have decades to go.  Execution suits the zealot's mindset, which needs the grand demonstration - it needs action.  Lock down and regiment the zealots existence, and there is nothing to satisfy that hunger.  That's sheer torture.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: ss2 on August 11, 2015, 04:38:02 PM
Me an' my FdlA are headed homeward.  Wife & I may hit the movies for the new Meryl Streep movie.  agreed as long as we also go to the Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie next week...
y'all have a great evening!!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: ss2 on August 11, 2015, 04:43:06 PM
[...]

zealot or not, I don't want to pay to keep their sorry asses in prison for a long lifetime. It costs us to teach them this abject lesson.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 11, 2015, 04:44:07 PM
Me an' my FdlA are headed homeward.  Wife & I may hit the movies for the new Meryl Streep movie.  agreed as long as we also go to the Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie next week...
y'all have a great evening!!
Enjoy that cigar, Sam.  I'm wondering if the rains will hold off enough for me to have one too.  I may try another Oliva V torp.  I have enough of those that I won't be pissed if I have to chuck it.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: razgueado on August 11, 2015, 04:48:47 PM
[...]

Given how slim a portion of the population gets convicted of such things, I'm happy to pay for them. It's the multiple boatloads of dope fiends in prison I'd like to stop financing.  Taking them out of the system would be vastly larger cost-savings...over both supermax AND what it costs to prosecute a capital crime.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Threebean on August 11, 2015, 04:50:07 PM
Me an' my FdlA are headed homeward.  Wife & I may hit the movies for the new Meryl Streep movie.  agreed as long as we also go to the Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie next week...
y'all have a great evening!!
Have a fun at the movies, Sam.  Keep a tight grip on the man card, though.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on August 11, 2015, 04:53:20 PM
Me an' my FdlA are headed homeward.  Wife & I may hit the movies for the new Meryl Streep movie.  agreed as long as we also go to the Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie next week...
y'all have a great evening!!
Enjoy that cigar, Sam.  I'm wondering if the rains will hold off enough for me to have one too.  I may try another Oliva V torp.  I have enough of those that I won't be pissed if I have to chuck it.
Chuckin' a V?  Say it ain't so!
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: flip from jersey on August 11, 2015, 05:06:26 PM
Me an' my FdlA are headed homeward.  Wife & I may hit the movies for the new Meryl Streep movie.  agreed as long as we also go to the Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie next week...
y'all have a great evening!!
Enjoy that cigar, Sam.  I'm wondering if the rains will hold off enough for me to have one too.  I may try another Oliva V torp.  I have enough of those that I won't be pissed if I have to chuck it.
Chuckin' a V?  Say it ain't so!
it ain't so.... :P
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on August 11, 2015, 05:17:49 PM
Me an' my FdlA are headed homeward.  Wife & I may hit the movies for the new Meryl Streep movie.  agreed as long as we also go to the Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie next week...
y'all have a great evening!!
Enjoy that cigar, Sam.  I'm wondering if the rains will hold off enough for me to have one too.  I may try another Oliva V torp.  I have enough of those that I won't be pissed if I have to chuck it.
Chuckin' a V?  Say it ain't so!
it ain't so.... :P
Thanks flip, I feel better already.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 11, 2015, 05:37:24 PM
Me an' my FdlA are headed homeward.  Wife & I may hit the movies for the new Meryl Streep movie.  agreed as long as we also go to the Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie next week...
y'all have a great evening!!
Enjoy that cigar, Sam.  I'm wondering if the rains will hold off enough for me to have one too.  I may try another Oliva V torp.  I have enough of those that I won't be pissed if I have to chuck it.
Chuckin' a V?  Say it ain't so!
I ain't chuckin' it, don't you worry.
(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/11/22c69295165c312f6d63f69fa092a577.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on August 11, 2015, 05:47:17 PM
Me an' my FdlA are headed homeward.  Wife & I may hit the movies for the new Meryl Streep movie.  agreed as long as we also go to the Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie next week...
y'all have a great evening!!
Enjoy that cigar, Sam.  I'm wondering if the rains will hold off enough for me to have one too.  I may try another Oliva V torp.  I have enough of those that I won't be pissed if I have to chuck it.
Chuckin' a V?  Say it ain't so!
I ain't chuckin' it, don't you worry.
(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/11/22c69295165c312f6d63f69fa092a577.jpg)
Whew...
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 11, 2015, 05:50:33 PM
Me an' my FdlA are headed homeward.  Wife & I may hit the movies for the new Meryl Streep movie.  agreed as long as we also go to the Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie next week...
y'all have a great evening!!
Enjoy that cigar, Sam.  I'm wondering if the rains will hold off enough for me to have one too.  I may try another Oliva V torp.  I have enough of those that I won't be pissed if I have to chuck it.
Chuckin' a V?  Say it ain't so!
I ain't chuckin' it, don't you worry.
(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/11/22c69295165c312f6d63f69fa092a577.jpg)
Whew...
I think I'll get to finish it before the rains come but I have an umbrella at the ready just in case.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 11, 2015, 06:19:37 PM
Enjoyed it down to the nub.  Admittedly, I smoked it a little faster than I normally would have.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on August 11, 2015, 06:21:33 PM
Enjoyed it down to the nub.  Admittedly, I smoked it a little faster than I normally would have.
The bums will be scrounging a good cigar butt.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 11, 2015, 06:42:37 PM
Enjoyed it down to the nub.  Admittedly, I smoked it a little faster than I normally would have.
The bums will be scrounging a good cigar butt.
Does it make me horrible that I always drop the butt into a puddle?
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 11, 2015, 06:59:38 PM
That last question was rhetorical, I know I'm horrible for so many other reasons too.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Threebean on August 11, 2015, 08:00:25 PM
That last question was rhetorical, I know I'm horrible for so many other reasons too.
Hence the lack of a response.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: Threebean on August 11, 2015, 08:43:08 PM
Enjoyed it down to the nub.  Admittedly, I smoked it a little faster than I normally would have.
The bums will be scrounging a good cigar butt.
Does it make me horrible that I always drop the butt into a puddle?
Actually, I will answer that question.  No.  You're being a responsible citizen to be sure you don't start a forest fire in NYC.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on August 11, 2015, 08:50:36 PM
Enjoyed it down to the nub.  Admittedly, I smoked it a little faster than I normally would have.
The bums will be scrounging a good cigar butt.
Does it make me horrible that I always drop the butt into a puddle?
Actually, I will answer that question.  No.  You're being a responsible citizen to be sure you don't start a forest fire in NYC.
Indeed not.
Title: Re: 8/11/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on August 11, 2015, 11:45:08 PM
Enjoyed it down to the nub.  Admittedly, I smoked it a little faster than I normally would have.
The bums will be scrounging a good cigar butt.
Does it make me horrible that I always drop the butt into a puddle?
Actually, I will answer that question.  No.  You're being a responsible citizen to be sure you don't start a forest fire in NYC.
Indeed not.
No lucky 18 today.