CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: 9/30/2016  (Read 12786 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 9/30/2016
« Reply #120 on: September 30, 2016, 06:32:27 PM »

Good to be home again!
Good to have you back.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #121 on: September 30, 2016, 06:39:48 PM »

I've got to check out my local Friday night lights. Baby girl is playing in the band. Let the weekend of non-stop activities begin!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #122 on: September 30, 2016, 06:44:33 PM »

No. 6 Stanford vs #9 Washington should be a good game tonight.
I'll be tuned into the Mets game, big weekend. Heading to Buffalo Wild Wings with the kids first
Baseball season is still going on?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #123 on: September 30, 2016, 06:59:30 PM »

I've got to check out my local Friday night lights. Baby girl is playing in the band. Let the weekend of non-stop activities begin!
I'm in year eight of being a band booster, and probably have another five to go. Both of my sons started playing with the high school marching band during eighth grade, number one son did 1 year at collegiate level, and number two son is planning to do all four years at college. ¡Ay, caramba!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #124 on: September 30, 2016, 07:29:04 PM »

I'm in year eight of being a band booster, and probably have another five to go. Both of my sons started playing with the high school marching band during eighth grade, number one son did 1 year at collegiate level, and number two son is planning to do all four years at college. ¡Ay, caramba!
My brother was the Drum Major in the LSU Fighting Tigers Marching Band back in 1966.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2016, 07:30:59 PM »

We started in 7th grade. WTF?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2016, 07:33:36 PM »

My brother was the Drum Major in the LSU Fighting Tigers Marching Band back in 1966.
I'm impressed.  Going from high school to collegiate marching band is a big jump, making drum major at a Div I university is yuuuuge.

Never did school band myself (I did choir because the cute girls were there), but now I'm becoming rather expert on the whole thing.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2016, 07:34:35 PM »

Had a pretty good day, weather was wonderful.  Needed to cuss out Verizon but they would not answer the Fuk'n phone so drive up to the store and took care of that necessity in person.  Trailer hitch install went smooth, got my tires rotated and balanced, filled the propane tanks for the grill, hauled some limbs and stuff to the dump, ate some PaiWai, took a nap, sold our movie popcorn machine and smoked an EPC 2nd. 

Really I smoked a V Lancero and now having some elixer while grilling  some hot wings.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2016, 07:35:27 PM »

I graduated from the 7th grade.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2016, 07:36:47 PM »

You've got an overachiever.  Most 7th graders are still trying to figure out from which end of the instrument the sound comes out.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2016, 07:37:36 PM »

I graduated from the 7th grade.
I was muling cocaine in 7th grade.  And getting in fights with Brian Bosworth.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2016, 07:38:32 PM »

I'm impressed.  Going from high school to collegiate marching band is a big jump, making drum major at a Div I university is yuuuuge.

Never did school band myself (I did choir because the cute girls were there), but now I'm becoming rather expert on the whole thing.
I tried it but soon got in a fight in the band room and broke the school zylaphone with Chuck Willis's head.  Got kicked out of school for 3 days and permantly out of the band which was fine did not fit in that program anyway.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2016, 07:39:21 PM »

Had a pretty good day, weather was wonderful.  Needed to cuss out Verizon but they would not answer the Fuk'n phone so drive up to the store and took care of that necessity in person.  Trailer hitch install went smooth, got my tires rotated and balanced, filled the propane tanks for the grill, hauled some limbs and stuff to the dump, ate some PaiWai, took a nap, sold our movie popcorn machine and smoked an EPC 2nd. 

Really I smoked a V Lancero and now having some elixer while grilling  some hot wings.
You left out coffee, mushroom-Swiss burgers, sex, and a meeting.  You aren't Dean yet.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2016, 07:41:07 PM »

I tried it but soon got in a fight in the band room and broke the school zylaphone with Chuck Willis's head.  Got kicked out of school for 3 days and permantly out of the band which was fine did not fit in that program anyway.
Interesting technique for playing xylophone, though.  Did you get good tone?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2016, 07:44:50 PM »

Interesting technique for playing xylophone, though.  Did you get good tone?
Glad you can spell it!  Oh yeah played a tune with it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10