CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: 8/24/2014  (Read 14949 times)

dwgbryant

Re: 8/24/2014
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2014, 08:47:28 AM »

Time to get my lazy ass moving around and walk the dogs.  Later LSU & Dean.
later Dave.

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2014, 08:59:36 AM »

Time to get my lazy ass moving around and walk the dogs.  Later LSU & Dean.
later Dave.
+1

dwgbryant

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2014, 09:32:39 AM »

almost the end of summer and it's only 62° here. WTF.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2014, 09:51:30 AM »

What's up, men?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2014, 10:11:52 AM »

Well it was fun talking to all of you.  I'm heading out.  Gonna try to make the most of the 5 minutes we have left of summer.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2014, 10:13:59 AM »

Hi Dean...  I've been reading up on motel scams just incase you stay at a motel.  1. Wi-fi Scam. Crooks set up a stronger near by wi-fi, and name it with the motels name, so when you turn on your computer it will be the first one you see on your wi-fi list, and you may log onto it.  Get the wi-fi information from the front desk, so you'll know your on the correct wi-fi.  2. Pizza Scam.  Flyers are snuck into the room or slid under the door saying, "have a pizza delivered to your room."  You call and give them your credit card #, and there's no pizza.  3. Problem with your bill.  Scammer calls motel and requests room 101, 102, etc...  They say it's the front desk and your credit card info was rejected in their computer due to there error.  Could you please read your credit card # for them to complete your bill.  4. Scammer wears clothes to appear that they work at the motel and ask you in the parking lot if they can carry your bags in, then run off with them.

dwgbryant

« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2014, 10:25:43 AM »

Hi Dean...  I've been reading up on motel scams just incase you stay at a motel.  1. Wi-fi Scam. Crooks set up a stronger near by wi-fi, and name it with the motels name, so when you turn on your computer it will be the first one you see on your wi-fi list, and you may log onto it.  Get the wi-fi information from the front desk, so you'll know your on the correct wi-fi.  2. Pizza Scam.  Flyers are snuck into the room or slid under the door saying, "have a pizza delivered to your room."  You call and give them your credit card #, and there's no pizza.  3. Problem with your bill.  Scammer calls motel and requests room 101, 102, etc...  They say it's the front desk and your credit card info was rejected in their computer due to there error.  Could you please read your credit card # for them to complete your bill.  4. Scammer wears clothes to appear that they work at the motel and ask you in the parking lot if they can carry your bags in, then run off with them.
thanks BD. doubt I'll stay in a motel, if I get something to eat it'll be in a restaurant, and I only have bins and boxes, no bags.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2014, 10:30:20 AM »

thanks BD. doubt I'll stay in a motel, if I get something to eat it'll be in a restaurant, and I only have bins and boxes, no bags.
I'm glad I read up on it, because I would have fallen for the fake Wi-Fi in the room.  And maybe the one with helping me with my bags.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2014, 10:43:14 AM »

I'm watching an earlier 5:30am CNN news cast about the 6.1 (strong) earthquake that hit California this morning.  The blonde newslady said, "It's hard to tell at the moment how much damage has been done. But we should know later because as you all know, the sun comes up so very early on the west coast."

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2014, 11:20:12 AM »

I'm watching an earlier 5:30am CNN news cast about the 6.1 (strong) earthquake that hit California this morning.  The blonde newslady said, "It's hard to tell at the moment how much damage has been done. But we should know later because as you all know, the sun comes up so very early on the west coast."
Yeah I saw whatthey called catastrophic damage where some groceries fell on the floor.  News people qre, so pathetic.

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2014, 11:57:51 AM »

Yeah I saw whatthey called catastrophic damage where some groceries fell on the floor.  News people qre, so pathetic.
I think it was a carton of eggs.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2014, 12:01:39 PM »

It's not like the old days listening to Walter Cronkite, David Brinkley, Tom Brokaw, and Dan Rather.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2014, 12:04:15 PM »

I think it was a carton of eggs.
It looked like eggs to me too.  But how the hell did they jump out of the refrigerator and land on that counter all together like that...?

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2014, 12:10:56 PM »

It's not like the old days listening to Walter Cronkite, David Brinkley, Tom Brokaw, and Dan Rather.
CNN reports that the earthquake in California broke wine bottles and it's a mess.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2014, 12:31:51 PM »

Motel Hell
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7