CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 23, 2014, 12:00:07 AM

Title: 8/23/2014
Post by: CigarBanter on August 23, 2014, 12:00:07 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2014, 01:28:50 AM
Morning Saturday Banter, will be scarce again today and traveling Sunday.  Carry on.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: IrascibleOldFool on August 23, 2014, 02:11:59 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
WOO HOO! http://www.fieldsupply.com/gurkha-gorgefest-big-ring-cigars-75-percent-off.html
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 02:23:43 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
WOO HOO! http://www.fieldsupply.com/gurkha-gorgefest-big-ring-cigars-75-percent-off.html
Not exactly what I was looking for but to each his own.  :)
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 02:55:13 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 02:57:00 AM
Today is Saturday, August 23, the 235th day of 2014. There are 130 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 02:57:24 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On August 23, 1914, Japan declared war against Germany in World War I.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 02:57:52 AM
Good morning guys.
Good morning, Chip.  Getting ready to pack it up.  What are you smoking this morning?
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 02:58:59 AM
On this date:
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 03:00:06 AM
Good morning guys.
Good morning, Chip.  Getting ready to pack it up.  What are you smoking this morning?
Good morning Tony, I just finished a little Ninfa. Have you been up all night smoking?
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 03:06:31 AM
In 1305, Scottish rebel leader Sir William Wallace was executed by the English for treason.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 03:06:57 AM
In 1775, Britain's King George III proclaimed the American colonies to be in a state of "open and avowed rebellion."
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 03:07:33 AM
In 1858, "Ten Nights in a Bar-room," a play by Timothy Shay Arthur about the perils of drinking alcohol, opened in New York.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 03:08:12 AM
In 1913, Copenhagen's Little Mermaid statue, inspired by the Hans Christian Andersen story, was unveiled in the harbor of the Danish capital.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 03:08:55 AM
In 1926, silent film star Rudolph Valentino died in New York at age 31.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 03:09:57 AM
In 1927, amid protests, Italian-born anarchists Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti were executed in Boston for the murders of two men during a 1920 robbery.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 03:10:21 AM
In 1939, Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union agreed to a non-aggression treaty, the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, in Moscow.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 03:10:48 AM
In 1944, Romanian Prime Minister Ion Antonescu was dismissed by King Michael, paving the way for Romania to abandon the Axis in favor of the Allies.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 03:12:22 AM
In 1960, Broadway librettist Oscar Hammerstein (HAM'-ur-STYN') II, 65, died in Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 03:12:57 AM
In 1973, a bank robbery-turned-hostage-taking began in Stockholm, Sweden; the four hostages ended up empathizing with their captors, a psychological condition now referred to as "Stockholm Syndrome."
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 03:13:26 AM
In 1982, Lebanon's parliament elected Christian militia leader Bashir Gemayel president. (However, Gemayel was assassinated some three weeks later.)
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 03:13:53 AM
In 1989, in a case that inflamed racial tensions in New York, Yusuf Hawkins, a 16-year-old black youth, was shot dead after he and his friends were confronted by a group of white youths in the Bensonhurst section of Brooklyn. (Gunman Joey Fama was convicted of second-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison; he will be eligible for parole in 2022.)
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 03:14:33 AM
Ten years ago: President George W. Bush criticized a political commercial accusing Democratic nominee John Kerry of inflating his own Vietnam War record, and said broadcast attacks by outside groups had no place in the race for the White House. In Athens, Jeremy Wariner became the sixth consecutive American to win the Olympic title in the 400 meters, leading a U.S. sweep of the medals. The U.S. softball team won its third straight gold medal with a 5-1 victory over Australia.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 03:15:14 AM
Five years ago: Reality TV contestant Ryan Jenkins, suspected of killing his wife, former model Jasmine Fiore, was found hanging in a motel in Hope, British Columbia, Canada, an apparent suicide. Eric Bruntlett turned an unassisted triple play to finish Philadelphia's wild 9-7 victory over the New York Mets. Stefania Fernandez, Miss Venezuela, won the 2009 Miss Universe pageant in the Bahamas; she succeeded fellow Venezuelan Dayana Mendoza, the previous year's winner.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 03:16:39 AM
One year ago: A military jury convicted Maj. Nidal Hasan in the deadly 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood, Texas, that claimed 13 lives; the Army psychiatrist was later sentenced to death. Staff Sgt. Robert Bales, the U.S. soldier who'd massacred 16 Afghan civilians, was sentenced at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington, to life in prison with no chance of parole. San Diego Mayor Bob Filner, a Democrat, agreed to resign in return for the city's help defending him against claims he'd groped, kissed and made lewd comments to women. (Filner later pleaded guilty to a felony for manhandling a woman at a fundraising event and two misdemeanor battery charges; he served three months of house arrest.)
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 03:17:13 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actress Vera Miles is 84. Actress Barbara Eden is 83. Political satirist Mark Russell is 82. Pro Football Hall of Famer Sonny Jurgensen is 80. Actor Richard Sanders is 74. Ballet dancer Patricia McBride is 72. Former Surgeon General Antonia Novello is 70. Pro Football Hall of Famer Rayfield Wright is 69. Country singer Rex Allen Jr. is 67. Singer Linda Thompson is 67. Actress Shelley Long is 65. Actor-singer Rick Springfield is 65. Country singer-musician Woody Paul (Riders in the Sky) is 65. Queen Noor of Jordan is 63. Actor-producer Mark Hudson is 63. Actor Skipp Sudduth is 58. Retired MLB All-Star pitcher Mike Boddicker is 57. Rock musician Dean DeLeo (Army of Anyone; Stone Temple Pilots) is 53. Tejano singer Emilio Navaira (nah-VY'-rah) is 52. Country musician Ira Dean (Trick Pony) is 45. Actor Jay Mohr is 44. Actor Ray Park is 40. Actor Scott Caan is 38. Country singer Shelly Fairchild is 37. Figure skater Nicole Bobek is 37. Rock singer Julian Casablancas (The Strokes) is 36. NBA player Kobe Bryant is 36. Actress Joanne Froggatt is 34. Actress Annie Ilonzeh is 31. Dance musician Sky Blu is 28. Actress Kimberly Matula is 26. NBA player Jeremy Lin is 26.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 03:17:41 AM
Thought for Today: "I know the world is filled with troubles and many injustices. But reality is as beautiful as it is ugly. I think it is just as important to sing about beautiful mornings as it is to talk about slums. I just couldn't write anything without hope in it." — Oscar Hammerstein II (1895-1960).

Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 03:18:52 AM
-----------------------
A Blonde's Year in Review
-------------------------

January - Took her new scarf back to the store because it was too tight.

February - Couldn't work in a pharmacy because the bottles wouldn't fit
into the typewriter.

March - Got excited when she finished a jigsaw puzzle in 6 months
because the box said "2-4 years."

April - Was trapped on an escalator for hours when the power went out.

May - Couldn't make Kool-Aid because 8 cups of water won't fit into
those little packets.

June - Couldn't learn to water ski because she couldn't find a lake
with a slope.

July - After losing in a breast stroke swimming competition,
complained to the judges that the other swimmers were using their arms.

August - Told her blonde friend to hurry when trying to get into their
locked car using a coat hanger because it was starting to rain and the
top was down.

September - When asked what the capital of California was: answered "C."

October - Hates M &M's because they are so hard to peel.

November - Baked a turkey for 4 days because the instructions said 1
hour per pound and she weighed 120.

December - Couldn't call 911 because there was no "11" on any
of the phone buttons
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 04:22:09 AM
Sheesh time.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 04:23:48 AM
Good morning guys.
Good morning, Chip.  Getting ready to pack it up.  What are you smoking this morning?
Good morning Tony, I just finished a little Ninfa. Have you been up all night smoking?
I wish.  I had been up watching tv with the Mrs.  No smoking.  I passed out on the couch seconds after I clicked "post".  Transferring to the bed now.  :)
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 04:53:47 AM
Good morning guys.
Good morning, Chip.  Getting ready to pack it up.  What are you smoking this morning?
Good morning Tony, I just finished a little Ninfa. Have you been up all night smoking?
I wish.  I had been up watching tv with the Mrs.  No smoking.  I passed out on the couch seconds after I clicked "post".  Transferring to the bed now.  :)
Have a good sleep Tony.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 05:18:32 AM
good morning Chip, goodnight Tony.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 05:21:21 AM
-----------------------
A Blonde's Year in Review
-------------------------

[...]

Absolutely Wonderful.!!
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 23, 2014, 05:31:30 AM
Morning LSU and d4.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2014, 05:55:13 AM
Morning, all.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 23, 2014, 06:00:41 AM
Morning, all.
Morning Golfing Dave.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 06:01:53 AM
morning Dave(s).
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 23, 2014, 06:05:50 AM
morning Dave(s).
How you doing Dean?
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 06:09:44 AM
morning Dave(s).
How you doing Dean?
doing okay. think I'm going to start packing the Jeep later today after my running around.
AJ Overrun robusto, looks kind of like an Oval going with my coffee.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 23, 2014, 06:11:28 AM
morning Dave(s).
How you doing Dean?
doing okay. think I'm going to start packing the Jeep later today after my running around.
AJ Overrun robusto, looks kind of like an Oval going with my coffee.
Had some Ovals on the Mash this morning but sold out when I checked at 4:00 a.m.   I like Ovals but out of them.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 23, 2014, 06:14:20 AM
morning Dave(s).
How you doing Dean?
doing okay. think I'm going to start packing the Jeep later today after my running around.
AJ Overrun robusto, looks kind of like an Oval going with my coffee.
Can you get everything in the Jeep or got to tow a trailer.  How many miles down there for you?
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 06:25:44 AM
morning Dave(s).
How you doing Dean?
doing okay. think I'm going to start packing the Jeep later today after my running around.
AJ Overrun robusto, looks kind of like an Oval going with my coffee.
Can you get everything in the Jeep or got to tow a trailer.  How many miles down there for you?
seeing how I don't have much to bring other than clothes and a few personal items I'm just loading the Jeep. the re-call repair I had done was for gas tank explosion problem if rear ended. Chrysler came up with the idea of installing a trailer hitch. so I got a free hitch yesterday. don't plan on hauling a trailer though. if it doesn't fit, it's not going. had thought of renting a van and dollie to haul the Jeep to save on wear and tear but cost too much. AAA figures 1,233 miles, 18.5 hours.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 23, 2014, 06:32:22 AM
morning Dave(s).
How you doing Dean?
doing okay. think I'm going to start packing the Jeep later today after my running around.
AJ Overrun robusto, looks kind of like an Oval going with my coffee.
Can you get everything in the Jeep or got to tow a trailer.  How many miles down there for you?
seeing how I don't have much to bring other than clothes and a few personal items I'm just loading the Jeep. the re-call repair I had done was for gas tank explosion problem if rear ended. Chrysler came up with the idea of installing a trailer hitch. so I got a free hitch yesterday. don't plan on hauling a trailer though. if it doesn't fit, it's not going. had thought of renting a van and dollie to haul the Jeep to save on wear and tear but cost too much. AAA figures 1,233 miles, 18.5 hours.
Trailers are a pain in the ass and kill your gas mileage so nice to avoid that.  1200 miles not too bad just avoid big cities around rush hours.  You trying to go all the way or going to sleep over somewhere around half way?
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 06:39:38 AM
[...]
going to drive until I get tired, find a place to rest, whether cheap motel or parking area. probably avoid motels. would like to make Columbia, SC on the 1st leg.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 23, 2014, 06:43:03 AM
[...]
Well make damn sure it is a safe area to stop and rest.  It will be pretty hot down there even at night.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 06:48:33 AM
[...]
who would fuck with an old man starting over in life?
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2014, 06:49:01 AM
[...]
That's where we stopped when we drove down to Disney a couple years ago. Good stopping point.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 23, 2014, 06:55:02 AM
[...]
Who wouldn't is more like it these days.  Used to live there and Columbia is actually a pretty high crime city as are most of the others you will pass through along the way.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 06:55:58 AM
Good morning Dean, Native and Dave.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 06:56:50 AM
seeing how I get 25-28 MPG, gas should cost me about $175-$200.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 23, 2014, 06:57:45 AM
Going to drive down to San Antonio this morning for a hunting expo and lunch so time to get moving around I guess.  Later folks enjoy your Saturday.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 06:57:50 AM
Good morning Dean, Native and Dave.
Chip's back.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 23, 2014, 06:58:37 AM
Good morning Dean, Native and Dave.
Mowing day for you Chip?  How was the food fair the other day?
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 06:59:11 AM
Going to drive down to San Antonio this morning for a hunting expo and lunch so time to get moving around I guess.  Later folks enjoy your Saturday.
later Dave. I ought to get ready here myself. meeting my daughter for breakfast.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 07:10:46 AM
Good morning Dean, Native and Dave.
Mowing day for you Chip?  How was the food fair the other day?
possible a little mowing but I won't know until I check things out, it might still be to wet.
Food show went pretty well, tons of treats for the grandchildren to enjoy and I spent enough of the owners money to get a free mini IPad to give to my nephew, not a bad day plus 10 hours of overtime.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 07:11:27 AM
Going to drive down to San Antonio this morning for a hunting expo and lunch so time to get moving around I guess.  Later folks enjoy your Saturday.
Sounds like a fun Saturday, I hope you enjoy.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 07:12:45 AM
Going to drive down to San Antonio this morning for a hunting expo and lunch so time to get moving around I guess.  Later folks enjoy your Saturday.
later Dave. I ought to get ready here myself. meeting my daughter for breakfast.
Sounds like a good day for you also Dean, I wish I could say I was going to spend the day with my sis in law but I don't think her husband would go for that.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 07:17:30 AM
Going to drive down to San Antonio this morning for a hunting expo and lunch so time to get moving around I guess.  Later folks enjoy your Saturday.
later Dave. I ought to get ready here myself. meeting my daughter for breakfast.
Sounds like a good day for you also Dean, I wish I could say I was going to spend the day with my sis in law but I don't think her husband would go for that.
LMAO.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2014, 07:22:34 AM
Going to drive down to San Antonio this morning for a hunting expo and lunch so time to get moving around I guess.  Later folks enjoy your Saturday.
later Dave. I ought to get ready here myself. meeting my daughter for breakfast.
Sounds like a good day for you also Dean, I wish I could say I was going to spend the day with my sis in law but I don't think her husband would go for that.
Hubba hubba
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 07:49:51 AM
time to head out. later guys.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2014, 07:57:53 AM
time to head out. later guys.
Later, Dean.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 23, 2014, 08:01:18 AM
Good morning all....
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2014, 08:28:23 AM
Morning Chip, Dean, Dave, Dave and BD.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2014, 08:30:30 AM
Morning Chip, Dean, Dave, Dave and BD.
Morning Dave, BD.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 23, 2014, 08:30:44 AM
[...]
Allot of people would.  It's common to get shot in E. St. Louis while stopping at a stop sign.  Also, small towns such as Washington Park (bordered with E. St. Louis), patrol Interstate 64 and can pull you over.  They have local laws on their books such as, "they can confiscate all of your money, and you have 72 hours to submit their paperwork to ask for it back, otherwise it's divided between a couple of other local cities that have the same laws."  By the time you figure out the law, the money is gone.  That happened to a Ram's Football Player with over $100,000.00 on him while on the way to buy a new car.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2014, 08:30:56 AM
Good morning Dean, Native and Dave.
Mowing day for you Chip?  How was the food fair the other day?
possible a little mowing but I won't know until I check things out, it might still be to wet.
Food show went pretty well, tons of treats for the grandchildren to enjoy and I spent enough of the owners money to get a free mini IPad to give to my nephew, not a bad day plus 10 hours of overtime.
Win - Win for sure!
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 23, 2014, 08:32:27 AM
Good morning Dean, Chip, and Dave(s)....
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2014, 08:33:41 AM
morning Dave(s).
How you doing Dean?
doing okay. think I'm going to start packing the Jeep later today after my running around.
AJ Overrun robusto, looks kind of like an Oval going with my coffee.
Had some Ovals on the Mash this morning but sold out when I checked at 4:00 a.m.   I like Ovals but out of them.
Give the AJF New World a try Dave.  Great price point!
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2014, 08:37:46 AM
[...]
I would look for someplace closer to I-85 or I-95 to stop.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 23, 2014, 08:41:32 AM
Good morning Dean, Native and Dave.
Mowing day for you Chip?  How was the food fair the other day?
possible a little mowing but I won't know until I check things out, it might still be to wet.
Food show went pretty well, tons of treats for the grandchildren to enjoy and I spent enough of the owners money to get a free mini IPad to give to my nephew, not a bad day plus 10 hours of overtime.
Win - Win for sure!
I cut my grass yesterday morning around 8:30am (I bet my neighbors hated me), to avoid the heat.  My friend stopped over hoping to go out for breakfast, but he ended up just watching me work.  While he was waiting he caught a mole that's been driving me nuts.  He stepped on and collapsed all of the moles tunnels. Then sat in a chair and waited until he saw movement in the ground.  When he saw the ground move, he dug up slightly behind the mole (because the mole will start backing up when it hears the shovel), and he dug it up.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2014, 08:44:24 AM
Good morning guys.
Good morning, Chip.  Getting ready to pack it up.  What are you smoking this morning?
Good morning Tony, I just finished a little Ninfa. Have you been up all night smoking?
I wish.  I had been up watching tv with the Mrs.  No smoking.  I passed out on the couch seconds after I clicked "post".  Transferring to the bed now.  :)
That's some start to the weekend!
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2014, 08:46:37 AM
[...]
Whack a mole!
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 23, 2014, 08:47:42 AM
After cutting grass yesterday I was sweating like crazy.  I drank 2 large tumbler of water, 2 large tumblers of Dr. Pepper, 2 beers, and 2 more tumblers of water before I felt like I had to piss.  Later that night and this morning, I feel like I have water in my ear.  Can you sweat so much to cause water to form in your ear...?
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 23, 2014, 08:49:53 AM
[...]
That mole was driving me nuts.  Almost at bad as the year I had a pesky wood pecker for two weeks.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 23, 2014, 08:55:27 AM
[...]
If you go on youtube, you'll find people that's so nuts over chasing moles that they are creating mole traps that use shotgun shells to shoot them..... yikes...!
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on August 23, 2014, 09:01:15 AM
morning Dave(s).
How you doing Dean?
doing okay. think I'm going to start packing the Jeep later today after my running around.
AJ Overrun robusto, looks kind of like an Oval going with my coffee.
Had some Ovals on the Mash this morning but sold out when I checked at 4:00 a.m.   I like Ovals but out of them.
Give the AJF New World a try Dave.  Great price point!
i got one on the way from TH $5.50 seems like a good deal on them.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on August 23, 2014, 09:02:33 AM
Good morning, the last 10 days have been awful. I need to relax.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2014, 09:10:28 AM
morning Dave(s).
How you doing Dean?
doing okay. think I'm going to start packing the Jeep later today after my running around.
AJ Overrun robusto, looks kind of like an Oval going with my coffee.
Had some Ovals on the Mash this morning but sold out when I checked at 4:00 a.m.   I like Ovals but out of them.
Give the AJF New World a try Dave.  Great price point!
i got one on the way from TH $5.50 seems like a good deal on them.
Under $4 for a bundle with Atlantic VIP.  Need to make sure you like them first before boxing though, right Oy?
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2014, 09:11:13 AM
Time to be on with the day, have a good one all!
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 23, 2014, 09:34:14 AM
It's time for babysitting.  Later guys...!
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 23, 2014, 10:24:52 AM
Looks like busy weekend for everyone and poor Dave is stuck at work today by himself, my turn at that wheel Sunday though Dave.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2014, 10:32:21 AM
Looks like busy weekend for everyone and poor Dave is stuck at work today by himself, my turn at that wheel Sunday though Dave.
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, especially when you factor in the wedding last night, drinking and late bedtime.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 10:33:35 AM
Good morning guys.
Good morning, Chip.  Getting ready to pack it up.  What are you smoking this morning?
Good morning Tony, I just finished a little Ninfa. Have you been up all night smoking?
I wish.  I had been up watching tv with the Mrs.  No smoking.  I passed out on the couch seconds after I clicked "post".  Transferring to the bed now.  :)
That's some start to the weekend!
Quality time?
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 10:33:56 AM
Good morning, gentlemen.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2014, 10:35:41 AM
Looks like busy weekend for everyone and poor Dave is stuck at work today by himself, my turn at that wheel Sunday though Dave.
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, especially when you factor in the wedding last night, drinking and late bedtime.
Though, I did just find out that I can order Panera online, so I don't have to wait in line to order it at the store. Score.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 10:37:00 AM
Looks like busy weekend for everyone and poor Dave is stuck at work today by himself, my turn at that wheel Sunday though Dave.
I've gotta work today too.  Albeit from home but I do have to dial into a conference call and do some application testing.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2014, 10:38:05 AM
Looks like busy weekend for everyone and poor Dave is stuck at work today by himself, my turn at that wheel Sunday though Dave.
I've gotta work today too.  Albeit from home but I do have to dial into a conference call and do some application testing.
All I heard was bragging that you don't have to wear pants. Morning, Tony.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 10:38:47 AM
Looks like busy weekend for everyone and poor Dave is stuck at work today by himself, my turn at that wheel Sunday though Dave.
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, especially when you factor in the wedding last night, drinking and late bedtime.
You weren't able to talk the guy out of it?  :)  So I guess that means at least the booze were flowing, as you had hoped?
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2014, 10:41:53 AM
Looks like busy weekend for everyone and poor Dave is stuck at work today by himself, my turn at that wheel Sunday though Dave.
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, especially when you factor in the wedding last night, drinking and late bedtime.
You weren't able to talk the guy out of it?  :)  So I guess that means at least the booze were flowing, as you had hoped?
Yep, open bar, and my friends must have been paying by the bottle, cause both bartenders had an extremely heavy hand on the booze. Good times.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: IrascibleOldFool on August 23, 2014, 10:44:03 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
WOO HOO! http://www.fieldsupply.com/gurkha-gorgefest-big-ring-cigars-75-percent-off.html
Not exactly what I was looking for but to each his own.  :)
http://www.jrcigars.com/jr/index.cfm/hurl/evt=dealDetails/dealID=1109/NEW-GURKHA-SAMPLERS---5-PACKS-.html
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 10:46:19 AM
Looks like busy weekend for everyone and poor Dave is stuck at work today by himself, my turn at that wheel Sunday though Dave.
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, especially when you factor in the wedding last night, drinking and late bedtime.
Though, I did just find out that I can order Panera online, so I don't have to wait in line to order it at the store. Score.
Do you want my frequent buyer card# ?
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 10:47:53 AM
Looks like busy weekend for everyone and poor Dave is stuck at work today by himself, my turn at that wheel Sunday though Dave.
I've gotta work today too.  Albeit from home but I do have to dial into a conference call and do some application testing.
All I heard was bragging that you don't have to wear pants. Morning, Tony.
LMAO!  True.  Although now I'm in the mood for Panera so it looks like I'll have to put some on.  Sheesh.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2014, 10:48:19 AM
Looks like busy weekend for everyone and poor Dave is stuck at work today by himself, my turn at that wheel Sunday though Dave.
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, especially when you factor in the wedding last night, drinking and late bedtime.
Though, I did just find out that I can order Panera online, so I don't have to wait in line to order it at the store. Score.
Do you want my frequent buyer card# ?
Nope, got one myself. That's why I'm getting it today, got a $2 coupon on there that's expiring in a couple days. ;)
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 10:49:36 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
WOO HOO! http://www.fieldsupply.com/gurkha-gorgefest-big-ring-cigars-75-percent-off.html
Not exactly what I was looking for but to each his own.  :)
http://www.jrcigars.com/jr/index.cfm/hurl/evt=dealDetails/dealID=1109/NEW-GURKHA-SAMPLERS---5-PACKS-.html
You must have me confused with Flip, the other Jersey guy. LOL.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 10:51:10 AM
Looks like busy weekend for everyone and poor Dave is stuck at work today by himself, my turn at that wheel Sunday though Dave.
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, especially when you factor in the wedding last night, drinking and late bedtime.
Though, I did just find out that I can order Panera online, so I don't have to wait in line to order it at the store. Score.
Do you want my frequent buyer card# ?
Nope, got one myself. That's why I'm getting it today, got a $2 coupon on there that's expiring in a couple days. ;)
Do they have an app?  That always makes tracking the coupons easier.  My emails get lost in the shuffle.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2014, 10:57:21 AM
Looks like busy weekend for everyone and poor Dave is stuck at work today by himself, my turn at that wheel Sunday though Dave.
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, especially when you factor in the wedding last night, drinking and late bedtime.
Though, I did just find out that I can order Panera online, so I don't have to wait in line to order it at the store. Score.
Do you want my frequent buyer card# ?
Nope, got one myself. That's why I'm getting it today, got a $2 coupon on there that's expiring in a couple days. ;)
Do they have an app?  That always makes tracking the coupons easier.  My emails get lost in the shuffle.
Don't know, hope so, cause you're right, that would make it easier. I'd search for it, but I don't get no damn service in the building at my desk.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 10:59:37 AM
Just noticed I've got a 2 for 1 deal at Starbucks too.  Decisions, decisions.  But I'm in the mood for a cinnamon crunch bagel with hazelnut spread.  Panera it is!  Be back later.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2014, 11:00:14 AM
Just noticed I've got a 2 for 1 deal at Starbucks too.  Decisions, decisions.  But I'm in the mood for a cinnamon crunch bagel with hazelnut spread.  Panera it is!  Be back later.
The power of suggestion is strong with this one.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 11:01:06 AM
Looks like busy weekend for everyone and poor Dave is stuck at work today by himself, my turn at that wheel Sunday though Dave.
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, especially when you factor in the wedding last night, drinking and late bedtime.
Though, I did just find out that I can order Panera online, so I don't have to wait in line to order it at the store. Score.
Do you want my frequent buyer card# ?
Nope, got one myself. That's why I'm getting it today, got a $2 coupon on there that's expiring in a couple days. ;)
Do they have an app?  That always makes tracking the coupons easier.  My emails get lost in the shuffle.
Don't know, hope so, cause you're right, that would make it easier. I'd search for it, but I don't get no damn service in the building at my desk.
I'll scope it out and get back to ya.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 11:25:37 AM
Looks like busy weekend for everyone and poor Dave is stuck at work today by himself, my turn at that wheel Sunday though Dave.
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, especially when you factor in the wedding last night, drinking and late bedtime.
Though, I did just find out that I can order Panera online, so I don't have to wait in line to order it at the store. Score.
Do you want my frequent buyer card# ?
Nope, got one myself. That's why I'm getting it today, got a $2 coupon on there that's expiring in a couple days. ;)
Do they have an app?  That always makes tracking the coupons easier.  My emails get lost in the shuffle.
Don't know, hope so, cause you're right, that would make it easier. I'd search for it, but I don't get no damn service in the building at my desk.
I'll scope it out and get back to ya.
They have an app AND you can pre-order through it.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2014, 11:46:22 AM
Looks like busy weekend for everyone and poor Dave is stuck at work today by himself, my turn at that wheel Sunday though Dave.
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, especially when you factor in the wedding last night, drinking and late bedtime.
Though, I did just find out that I can order Panera online, so I don't have to wait in line to order it at the store. Score.
Do you want my frequent buyer card# ?
Nope, got one myself. That's why I'm getting it today, got a $2 coupon on there that's expiring in a couple days. ;)
Do they have an app?  That always makes tracking the coupons easier.  My emails get lost in the shuffle.
Don't know, hope so, cause you're right, that would make it easier. I'd search for it, but I don't get no damn service in the building at my desk.
I'll scope it out and get back to ya.
They have an app AND you can pre-order through it.
Money. The ordering online was great. Get it just how you want it, then just go right to the pick-up counter. Huge fan.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 11:59:26 AM
had a great time with my daughter. sure am going to miss her. :(
got about everything to load in the Jeep as soon as the landlord's oldest son finishes mowing so I can back the Jeep down.

enjoying an AJ Freshrolled and water while I wait.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2014, 12:00:57 PM
had a great time with my daughter. sure am going to miss her. :(
got about everything to load in the Jeep as soon as the landlord's oldest son finishes mowing so I can back the Jeep down.

enjoying an AJ Freshrolled and water while I wait.
So are you still leaving in 4 days, or earlier?
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 12:08:11 PM
had a great time with my daughter. sure am going to miss her. :(
got about everything to load in the Jeep as soon as the landlord's oldest son finishes mowing so I can back the Jeep down.

enjoying an AJ Freshrolled and water while I wait.
So are you still leaving in 4 days, or earlier?
still early Wednesday. golf league Tuesday so I want to say goodbye to the guys, great bunch.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 12:47:05 PM
http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/promo.cfm?feature=ausawin&emk=EMM3405&utm_source=SaturdaySale&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BigSmokeNYC&utm_content=EMM3405
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 12:48:56 PM
http://www.coronacigar.com/product/Cigars/Cigar-Boxes/Henry-Clay-Brevas-al-la-Conserva-Cigars-HC20BR/?utm_source=Corona+Cigar+Co.+Newsletter+-+Online+or+In-Store+Subscription&utm_campaign=16c8607fe3-Henry_Clay_Cigars_8_23_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_585b9aaad5-16c8607fe3-203529521
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 01:03:56 PM
I think I'm going to have plenty of room in the Jeep.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 01:05:18 PM
[...]
I spoke too soon.  I should have scanned the QR code while I was there.  Can't seem to find it in the app store.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 01:06:25 PM
had a great time with my daughter. sure am going to miss her. :(
got about everything to load in the Jeep as soon as the landlord's oldest son finishes mowing so I can back the Jeep down.

enjoying an AJ Freshrolled and water while I wait.
Hopefully, she'll come visit and vice versa.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 01:07:43 PM
I think I'm going to have plenty of room in the Jeep.
Then stop by and pick me up!
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2014, 01:40:27 PM
[...]
Maybe it's just Apple, or Android. I'll check the store later.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 01:41:32 PM
I think I'm going to have plenty of room in the Jeep.
Then stop by and pick me up!
ha.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 01:48:31 PM
Enjoy the rest of your day, Deano.  I've gotta try to get some things done.  Hazzuh in advance, Dave.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2014, 01:53:03 PM
Enjoy the rest of your day, Deano.  I've gotta try to get some things done.  Hazzuh in advance, Dave.
Later, Tony.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on August 23, 2014, 03:04:39 PM
Cleaning out the refrigerator and ended up making pork and veal meatballs with an eggplant sauce. I hope it's good.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 04:54:20 PM
sheesh.
been writing checks for the last hour.
EPC 2nd robusto and coffee. I earned it.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 04:59:30 PM
http://m.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/fall-2014-forecast-polar-vortex/31254218
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 06:35:37 PM
http://m.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/fall-2014-forecast-polar-vortex/31254218
Aren't you always just the bearer of pleasant news?
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 06:37:28 PM
Cleaning out the refrigerator and ended up making pork and veal meatballs with an eggplant sauce. I hope it's good.
I did something similar, as far as cleaning out the freezer/fridge.  I wound up making pulled pork and chicken and we ate it over rice.  Spinach salad on the side.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 06:39:01 PM
http://m.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/fall-2014-forecast-polar-vortex/31254218
Aren't you always just the bearer of pleasant news?
just letting everybody know what I'll be missing.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 23, 2014, 06:41:27 PM
http://m.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/fall-2014-forecast-polar-vortex/31254218
Aren't you always just the bearer of pleasant news?
just letting everybody know what I'll be missing.
Sure you are not really going to miss it?
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 06:41:52 PM
http://m.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/fall-2014-forecast-polar-vortex/31254218
Aren't you always just the bearer of pleasant news?
just letting everybody know what I'll be missing.
I think you've dealt with shitty weather long enough.  But I feel I have too.  I didn't mind the cooler than usual temps this summer but I'm not looking forward to what old man winter has up his sleeve.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 06:43:27 PM
Trying to see if Charlie isn't too busy this evening and maybe we can get together.  Haven't seen him in forever.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 23, 2014, 06:43:31 PM
http://m.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/fall-2014-forecast-polar-vortex/31254218
Aren't you always just the bearer of pleasant news?
just letting everybody know what I'll be missing.
I think you've dealt with shitty weather long enough.  But I feel I have too.  I didn't mind the cooler than usual temps this summer but I'm not looking forward to what old man winter has up his sleeve.
5 years of cold in Missouri was 5 times more cold ass cold than I needed to know I hated it.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 06:44:37 PM
http://m.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/fall-2014-forecast-polar-vortex/31254218
Aren't you always just the bearer of pleasant news?
just letting everybody know what I'll be missing.
Sure you are not really going to miss it?
Like a whore misses gonorrhea.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 06:50:19 PM
http://m.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/fall-2014-forecast-polar-vortex/31254218
Aren't you always just the bearer of pleasant news?
just letting everybody know what I'll be missing.
Sure you are not really going to miss it?
no I'm not. I dislike the cold.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 06:51:17 PM
Trying to see if Charlie isn't too busy this evening and maybe we can get together.  Haven't seen him in forever.
tell him I said hi.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 06:55:36 PM
http://m.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/fall-2014-forecast-polar-vortex/31254218
Aren't you always just the bearer of pleasant news?
just letting everybody know what I'll be missing.
I think you've dealt with shitty weather long enough.  But I feel I have too.  I didn't mind the cooler than usual temps this summer but I'm not looking forward to what old man winter has up his sleeve.
5 years of cold in Missouri was 5 times more cold ass cold than I needed to know I hated it.
there's only been a few days this 'summer' that I wasn't cold. 65 windy damp day today and my joints just ache.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2014, 07:01:23 PM
Trying to see if Charlie isn't too busy this evening and maybe we can get together.  Haven't seen him in forever.
tell him I said hi.
He asks about you all the time.  He's happy about your new situation and wishes you well.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 07:07:50 PM
Trying to see if Charlie isn't too busy this evening and maybe we can get together.  Haven't seen him in forever.
tell him I said hi.
He asks about you all the time.  He's happy about your new situation and wishes you well.
that's nice. tell him thanks.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: tcarblu on August 23, 2014, 07:20:54 PM
http://m.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/fall-2014-forecast-polar-vortex/31254218
Aren't you always just the bearer of pleasant news?
just letting everybody know what I'll be missing.
I think you've dealt with shitty weather long enough.  But I feel I have too.  I didn't mind the cooler than usual temps this summer but I'm not looking forward to what old man winter has up his sleeve.
5 years of cold in Missouri was 5 times more cold ass cold than I needed to know I hated it.
there's only been a few days this 'summer' that I wasn't cold. 65 windy damp day today and my joints just ache.
Those joints won't ache anymore once your down here in the Florida heat. It did wonders for my wife's joints. Used to complain all the time when we lived up north, not a peep the last 9 years. And before that the only time she got relief in the prior 25 years was when we came down here to our ( what was then) winter home. I'm sure you will enjoy.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 07:23:30 PM
[...]
I'm hoping. it sure can't be worse.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: tcarblu on August 23, 2014, 07:31:19 PM
[...]
I'm sure you'll see a great improvement. Travel safe, Dean.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 23, 2014, 07:36:51 PM
The stupid fucking ABC Affiliate Station here is not showing NASCAR because they are showing the Worthless Sorry garbage of a team Houston Texans pre-season game.  I am pissed.  Called the bastards and they don't even answer the phones.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 07:37:37 PM
[...]
thank you.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 07:43:15 PM
The stupid fucking ABC Affiliate Station here is not showing NASCAR because they are showing the Worthless Sorry garbage of a team Houston Texans pre-season game.  I am pissed.  Called the bastards and they don't even answer the phones.
just got it on TuneIn radio.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 23, 2014, 07:51:53 PM
The stupid fucking ABC Affiliate Station here is not showing NASCAR because they are showing the Worthless Sorry garbage of a team Houston Texans pre-season game.  I am pissed.  Called the bastards and they don't even answer the phones.
just got it on TuneIn radio.
Yeah I am listening online MRN but shit paying for TV service and they do something that stupid.  Nobody gives a rats ass about a Texans Pre-season game.
Title: Re: 8/23/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 23, 2014, 08:02:53 PM
The stupid fucking ABC Affiliate Station here is not showing NASCAR because they are showing the Worthless Sorry garbage of a team Houston Texans pre-season game.  I am pissed.  Called the bastards and they don't even answer the phones.
just got it on TuneIn radio.
Yeah I am listening online MRN but shit paying for TV service and they do something that stupid.  Nobody gives a rats ass about a Texans Pre-season game.
apparently somebody gives a shit.