Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1985, singer Rick Nelson, 45, and six other people were killed when fire broke out aboard a DC-3 that was taking the group to a New Year's Eve performance in Dallas.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1986, 97 people were killed when fire broke out in the Dupont Plaza Hotel in San Juan, Puerto Rico. (Three hotel workers later pleaded guilty in connection with the blaze.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1995, the syndicated comic strip "Calvin and Hobbes," created by Bill Watterson, came to an end after a 10-year run.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1999, Russian President Boris Yeltsin announced his resignation (he was succeeded by Vladimir Putin).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Ten years ago: In central Indonesia, suspected Islamic militants set off a powerful bomb at a busy market frequented by Christians, killing seven people. Dick Clark, in his first television appearance since his stroke in 2004, helped ring in the new year in Times Square.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Five years ago: Tornadoes fueled by unusually warm air pummeled the South and Midwest, killing a total of eight people in Arkansas and Missouri. The body of federal defense consultant John Wheeler III, 66, was found in a Wilmington, Delaware, landfill; his death, ruled a homicide, remains under investigation
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

One year ago: In one of his final acts as Maryland governor, Democrat Martin O'Malley announced that he would commute the sentences of four death-row inmates to life in prison without parole. A stampede at Shanghai's glitzy riverfront during New Year celebrations resulted in 36 deaths. Actor Edward Herrmann, 71, died at Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital in New York.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Birthdays: TV producer George Schlatter is 86. Actor Sir Anthony Hopkins is 78. Actor Tim Considine (TV: "My Three Sons") is 75. Actress Sarah Miles is 74. Rock musician Andy Summers is 73. Actor Sir Ben Kingsley is 72. Producer-director Taylor Hackford is 71. Fashion designer Diane von Furstenberg is 69. Actor Tim Matheson is 68. Pop singer Burton Cummings is 68. Actor Joe Dallesandro is 67. Rock musician Tom Hamilton (Aerosmith) is 64. Actor James Remar is 62. Actress Bebe Neuwirth is 57. Actor Val Kilmer is 56. Singer Paul Westerberg is 56. Actor Don Diamont is 53. Rock musician Ric Ivanisevich (Oleander) is 53. Rock musician Scott Ian (Anthrax) is 52. Actress Gong Li is 50. Author Nicholas Sparks is 50. Actor Lance Reddick is 46. Pop singer Joe McIntyre is 43. Rock musician Mikko Siren (Apocalyptica) is 40. Rapper PSY (Park Jae-sang) is 38. Rock musician Bob Bryar is 36. Actor/singer Erich Bergen (Film/stage: "Jersey Boys") is 30. Olympic gold medal gymnast Gabby Douglas is 20.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Thought for Today: "Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to!" — William E. Vaughan, American newspaper columnist (1915-1977).
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

Good morning Chip....  Just a quick drive by for me at the moment, and back to bed.  Yelp, another Alka Seltzer morning.  Ugh..!   I also heard another scary noise in the night.  The furnace was on, so I'm going to chalk that noise up to the air flow blowing some thing over, or maybe Petey fell off of his perch...?  Anyway, I'm going to make a couple of more posts and back to bed.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

Happy Birthday, Sly!
+1, morning, all!
Please add me to the, "Happy Birthday, Sly," list...!  And maaaany morrrre..!  :)  And please let me know if anyone gives you one of those giant birthday cakes with the naked girl jumping out of it.  I'm still waiting for mine..
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Good morning Chip....  Just a quick drive by for me at the moment, and back to bed.  Yelp, another Alka Seltzer morning.  Ugh..!   I also heard another scary noise in the night.  The furnace was on, so I'm going to chalk that noise up to the air flow blowing some thing over, or maybe Petey fell off of his perch...?  Anyway, I'm going to make a couple of more posts and back to bed.
Good morning BD.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

Forget trying to find any cigar deals today. Instead, let's spend the last day of the year discussing the following survey:
http://cigarbanter.com/forum/index.php/topic,616.0.html

Join in and perhaps learn something new along the way. And welcome to cigarbanter.com!
I tend to buy the lower priced cigars, which makes my selections limited.

My three selections were:

1. A. J. Fernandez / San Lotano - Even thou I consider myself a lightweight in the cigar world, I really enjoy the Diesel Unholy Cocktail, along with the San Lotano Maduro.  I find it hard not to vote for an A. J. Fernandez product.

2. Drew Estate - Out of all the cigars out there, it would be hard for me to believe that some one could not find some thing in the Drew Estate line that they didn't enjoy.  I also consider Acid part of the Drew Estate Line, so my favorites would be:
1. Undercrown
2. Especial Dulce (Connecticut)
3. Especial Café Con Leche (Connecticut & Maduro)
4. Acid Kuba Kuba Maduro

3. Perdomo - I've always had a great performance from the Perdomos.  I've had their sampler packs, but I always come back to the same one, even thou I would think most people would disagree with me on this one.  Funny, but I do not like this cigar right off of the truck. For me it needs at least 6 months of humidor time on it, before it reaches the flavors I enjoy.  Oddly, this is one of the few cigars that I enjoy in all 3 wrappers.
1. Lot# 23 Connecticut / Natural / Maduro.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

It's time for me to get some more beauty sleep..., so it's back to bed for me.  nite.

[...]

I went with AJ, Perdomo and Oliva/Nub.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18