Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — The ecstatic sailor shown kissing a woman in Times Square celebrating the end of World War II has died. George Mendonsa was 95.

Mendonsa's daughter, Sharon Molleur, told The Providence Journal Mendonsa fell and had a seizure Sunday at the assisted living facility in Middletown, Rhode Island, where he lived with his wife of 70 years.

Mendonsa was shown kissing Greta Zimmer Friedman, a dental assistant in a nurse's uniform, on Aug. 14, 1945. Known as V-J Day, it was the day Japan surrendered to the United States.
The photo by Alfred Eisenstaedt became one of the most famous photographs of the 20th century.

601 LaBomba Napalm lit.

Pretty nice out except for the damn wind.

Hazzuh!

Morning, muchachos. Greetings from beautiful downtown Pahrump, Nevada. It's the last day of class at the annual trip to Front Sight. Skills testing today.
So who's shoveling at the homestead?
Probably no one. I'm here, the warden's in Tucson. Only #1 son at home. But the snow should be gone. Anyway, the warden likes shoveling, so she usually does it.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — The ecstatic sailor shown kissing a woman in Times Square celebrating the end of World War II has died. George Mendonsa was 95.

Mendonsa's daughter, Sharon Molleur, told The Providence Journal Mendonsa fell and had a seizure Sunday at the assisted living facility in Middletown, Rhode Island, where he lived with his wife of 70 years.

Mendonsa was shown kissing Greta Zimmer Friedman, a dental assistant in a nurse's uniform, on Aug. 14, 1945. Known as V-J Day, it was the day Japan surrendered to the United States.
The photo by Alfred Eisenstaedt became one of the most famous photographs of the 20th century.
Today he would have been vilified for sexual harassment.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — The ecstatic sailor shown kissing a woman in Times Square celebrating the end of World War II has died. George Mendonsa was 95.

Mendonsa's daughter, Sharon Molleur, told The Providence Journal Mendonsa fell and had a seizure Sunday at the assisted living facility in Middletown, Rhode Island, where he lived with his wife of 70 years.

Mendonsa was shown kissing Greta Zimmer Friedman, a dental assistant in a nurse's uniform, on Aug. 14, 1945. Known as V-J Day, it was the day Japan surrendered to the United States.
The photo by Alfred Eisenstaedt became one of the most famous photographs of the 20th century.
Today he would have been vilified for sexual harassment.
No doubt!

Morning, muchachos. Greetings from beautiful downtown Pahrump, Nevada. It's the last day of class at the annual trip to Front Sight. Skills testing today.
So who's shoveling at the homestead?
Probably no one. I'm here, the warden's in Tucson. Only #1 son at home. But the snow should be gone. Anyway, the warden likes shoveling, so she usually does it.
Send her over!

Morning, muchachos. Greetings from beautiful downtown Pahrump, Nevada. It's the last day of class at the annual trip to Front Sight. Skills testing today.
So who's shoveling at the homestead?
Probably no one. I'm here, the warden's in Tucson. Only #1 son at home. But the snow should be gone. Anyway, the warden likes shoveling, so she usually does it.
Send her over!
Was gonna say, sounds like a keeper!

In the man cave with an Amazon Basin and coffee.

Think I will watch Rambo.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5