CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: 1/21/2024  (Read 1297 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 1/21/2024
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2024, 07:20:12 PM »

Them Billies don't seem intimidated by them Chiefs.

I never, ever thought I'd say this, but I'm rooting for the Bills today. I admire Patrick Mahomes' talent, but he needs a comeuppance, to keep him from becoming a total smug punk prick - which he's kinda shown signs of doing this season.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2024, 07:27:06 PM »

I never, ever thought I'd say this, but I'm rooting for the Bills today. I admire Patrick Mahomes' talent, but he needs a comeuppance, to keep him from becoming a total smug punk prick - which he's kinda shown signs of doing this season.

I feel like he's been there for a couple of years already, but either way, I'm also rooting for the Bills.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2024, 07:31:13 PM »

I feel like he's been there for a couple of years already, but either way, I'm also rooting for the Bills.
Well, you get a little leeway when you're that good and have two rings and two Super Bowl MVPs to show for it in five seasons. But after that, you have to develop some class.

I used to hate on Brady, and he could be a prick too, from time to time. But overall, the man had class.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2024, 07:40:21 PM »

Well, you get a little leeway when you're that good and have two rings and two Super Bowl MVPs to show for it in five seasons. But after that, you have to develop some class.

I used to hate on Brady, and he could be a prick too, from time to time. But overall, the man had class.
It's probably an exposure thing. Any time you turn on the TV, you see his face every commercial break. Back in the day, I was sure we'd eventually have an entire commercial break with only Manning commercials.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2024, 07:44:32 PM »

Ok, but some credit to Jason Kelce for being in attendance and rocking the no shirt look. Fantastic.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2024, 07:50:28 PM »

It's probably an exposure thing. Any time you turn on the TV, you see his face every commercial break. Back in the day, I was sure we'd eventually have an entire commercial break with only Manning commercials.
Now, if we could see that Jennifer Lopez commercial a few more times, then we'd really be onto something.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2024, 07:54:30 PM »

Now, if we could see that Jennifer Lopez commercial a few more times, then we'd really be onto something.
Well, I'd rather look at her than Taylor Swift.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2024, 08:33:32 PM »

Well, I'd rather look at her than Taylor Swift.
Agreed

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2024, 08:36:54 PM »

Streak at 150

Wordle 946 3/6*

⬛🟨⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2024, 08:39:32 PM »

Rough start but eventually got it. I actually had yellow third but tried the remaining four options first to see what they brought up.

Connections
Puzzle #224
🟩🟩🟩🟪
🟩🟩🟪🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
It took me a while to get the green group, longer to get the brown. This one was pretty deceptive.

Ok, so we've learned something new about Raz today, namely, that's he at least partially colorblind. Did we know this already? If so, I've forgotten.

Out of curiosity, which row of yours do you believe is brown? My dad has troubles with greens, reds and browns, but you seemed to have identified green, at least in theory.
Not colorblind, just didn't think to translate colors. I edited the previous post. Happy now?

Here's what it looks like on my phone:

That's weird. It definitely looks brown on your phone. I assumed you might be colorblind also.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2024, 08:53:48 PM »

Rough start but eventually got it. I actually had yellow third but tried the remaining four options first to see what they brought up.

Connections
Puzzle #224
🟩🟩🟩🟪
🟩🟩🟪🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
It took me a while to get the green group, longer to get the brown. This one was pretty deceptive.

Ok, so we've learned something new about Raz today, namely, that's he at least partially colorblind. Did we know this already? If so, I've forgotten.

Out of curiosity, which row of yours do you believe is brown? My dad has troubles with greens, reds and browns, but you seemed to have identified green, at least in theory.
Not colorblind, just didn't think to translate colors. I edited the previous post. Happy now?

That's weird. It definitely looks brown on your phone. I assumed you might be colorblind also.
I'm used to it with my dad. We were on the course last year and looking for one of his (yellow) balls. He pointed one out and said I think that's it. I said I doubt it, that one is red.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2024, 09:09:49 PM »

Class 34

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2024, 09:11:15 PM »

Connections
Puzzle #224
🟩🟩🟩🟪
🟩🟩🟪🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨

I'm not colorblind.  Promise.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2024, 09:34:57 PM »

Connections
Puzzle #224
🟩🟩🟩🟪
🟩🟩🟪🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨

I'm not colorblind.  Promise.
LALTS

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2024, 09:35:23 PM »

2 minutes to go, we might need a welfare check on Rick.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6