Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2022, 07:10:22 AM »

Raz - I'm the same way with Wordle. I play, but only share the results with my wife. No one else cares.
We have a family competition going and results go into that group chat. We just recently added heardle to the mix but that hasn't been going well for me.
My oldest likes to brag about her high completion rate, even though she missed one a couple days ago.
I missed BRINE the other day. I went with a last guess of URINE. My youngest got that one in two tries because it turns out urine is his go-to first word... BOYS!
LALTS

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2022, 07:10:37 AM »

Morning, muchachos. I'll be your airport shuttle service this morning. Please have your boarding passes and picture ID ready.
Morning, UberRaz.

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2022, 07:24:43 AM »

Morning, muchachos. I'll be your airport shuttle service this morning. Please have your boarding passes and picture ID ready.
No masks?

Good morning, Bret.

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2022, 08:10:08 AM »

Morning, muchachos. I'll be your airport shuttle service this morning. Please have your boarding passes and picture ID ready.
No masks?

Good morning, Bret.

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2022, 08:43:33 AM »

Have we had a mask lull?

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2022, 08:44:38 AM »

Have we had a mask lull?
Hard to believe we haven't yet coming up on 2 years of this nonsense.

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2022, 09:14:34 AM »

Morning, muchachos. I'll be your airport shuttle service this morning. Please have your boarding passes and picture ID ready.
No masks?

Good morning, Bret.
Please do not joke. We can have you arrested for that.

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2022, 09:22:10 AM »

Morning, muchachos. I'll be your airport shuttle service this morning. Please have your boarding passes and picture ID ready.
No masks?

Good morning, Bret.
Please do not joke. We can have you arrested for that.
We'll monitor the news sites for reports of a plane having to be diverted.

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2022, 09:51:07 AM »

Probably not going to make it.  Just too many posts short.
Valiant effort.
Just too little source material to work from.
I'll say.  Shot my load on Wednesday.

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2022, 09:52:42 AM »

I did end up biting on those Mark Twains from yesterday. Should make for a nice weekend smoke when I want something to last a while.
I'll refrain from making the obvious joke. But kidding aside, I think that was a good deal. Curious how it will smoke.
Yea, too easy, I'll pass too.

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2022, 09:56:07 AM »

Raz - I'm the same way with Wordle. I play, but only share the results with my wife. No one else cares.
Go with Lewdle instead.  Broader vocabulary... :o

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2022, 09:57:39 AM »

Morning, muchachos. I'll be your airport shuttle service this morning. Please have your boarding passes and picture ID ready.
Don't forget your mask!

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2022, 09:59:11 AM »

Morning, muchachos. I'll be your airport shuttle service this morning. Please have your boarding passes and picture ID ready.
Don't forget your mask!
OK, so I didn't read page 2 before comment.  Sue me.

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2022, 10:01:06 AM »

All caught up now.
Morning BathroomHumorTony, WordleKingDave and AllDayAllNightRaz.

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2022, 10:03:19 AM »

Today is Friday, March 11, the 70th day of 2022. There are 295 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On March 11, 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the Lend-Lease Bill, providing war supplies to countries fighting the Axis.

On this date:

In 1862, during the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln removed Gen. George B. McClellan as general-in-chief of the Union armies, leaving him in command of the Army of the Potomac, a post McClellan also ended up losing.

In 1918, what were believed to be the first confirmed U.S. cases of a deadly global flu pandemic were reported among U.S. Army soldiers stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas; 46 soldiers would die. (The worldwide outbreak of influenza claimed an estimated 20 to 40 million lives.)

In 1942, as Japanese forces continued to advance in the Pacific during World War II, U.S. Army Gen. Douglas MacArthur left the Philippines for Australia, where he vowed on March 20, “I shall return” — a promise he kept more than 2 1/2 years later.

In 1954, the U.S. Army charged that Sen. Joseph R. McCarthy, R-Wis., and his subcommittee’s chief counsel, Roy Cohn, had exerted pressure to obtain favored treatment for Pvt. G. David Schine, a former consultant to the subcommittee. (The confrontation culminated in the famous Senate Army-McCarthy hearings.)

In 1985, Mikhail S. Gorbachev was chosen to succeed the late Konstantin U. Chernenko as general secretary of the Soviet Communist Party.

In 1997, rock star Paul McCartney was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II.

In 2002, two columns of light soared skyward from Ground Zero in New York as a temporary memorial to the victims of the Sept. 11 attacks six months earlier.

In 2004, ten bombs exploded in quick succession across the commuter rail network in Madrid, Spain, killing 191 people in an attack linked to al-Qaida-inspired militants.

In 2006, former Serb leader Slobodan Milosevic (sloh-BOH’-dahn mee-LOH’-shuh-vich) was found dead of a heart attack in his prison cell in the Netherlands, abruptly ending his four-year U.N. war crimes trial; he was 64.

In 2010, a federal appeals court in San Francisco upheld the use of the words “under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance and “In God We Trust” on U.S. currency.

In 2011, a magnitude-9.0 earthquake and resulting tsunami struck Japan’s northeastern coast, killing nearly 20,000 people and severely damaging the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power station.

In 2020, the World Health Organization declared the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic. Former Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein was sentenced in New York to 23 years in prison for rape and sexual abuse.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7