Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2017, 07:34:51 AM »

Pretty sad:

After 146 years, the curtain is coming down on "The Greatest Show on Earth." The owner of the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus told The Associated Press that the show will close forever in May.

The iconic American spectacle was felled by a variety of factors, company executives say. Declining attendance combined with high operating costs, along with changing public tastes and prolonged battles with animal rights groups all contributed to its demise.

"There isn't any one thing," said Kenneth Feld, chairman and CEO of Feld Entertainment. "This has been a very difficult decision for me and for the entire family."

The company broke the news to circus employees Saturday night after shows in Orlando and Miami.

Ringling Bros. has two touring circuses this season and will perform 30 shows between now and May. Major stops include Atlanta, Washington, Philadelphia, Boston and Brooklyn. The final shows will be in Providence, Rhode Island, on May 7 and in Uniondale, New York, at the Nassau County Coliseum on May 21.
Have to say I never really liked circuses, but still sad to see the end of another era.

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2017, 07:40:07 AM »

[...]

Near the same with me, except in my early years I did like them and it was really exciting when the circus train rolled into town back then, but they were certainly more popular even before our time.

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2017, 07:41:58 AM »

Morning SleepingInDave.
I did sleep in a couple of extra hours this morning.
But the warden decided to wake up early and disrupt the early morning peace.

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2017, 07:49:08 AM »

good day gentlemen. long day yesterday, didn't get done until 10pm. today is suppose to end at noon.
Short Story and crappy coffee in the designated smoking area. although it's an outside issue in the program according to our traditions, someone is bringing a motion to the floor to ban smoking in the hotel's designated smoking area.
Time then to bring a motion that you don't need to be going to these quarterly meetings.
hey, never thought of that.

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2017, 07:58:37 AM »

good day gentlemen. long day yesterday, didn't get done until 10pm. today is suppose to end at noon.
Short Story and crappy coffee in the designated smoking area. although it's an outside issue in the program according to our traditions, someone is bringing a motion to the floor to ban smoking in the hotel's designated smoking area.
Time then to bring a motion that you don't need to be going to these quarterly meetings.
hey, never thought of that.
Here it would simply be a GFY

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2017, 08:01:33 AM »

25 Maduro cigars for $20 @ the FU. ::)

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2017, 08:38:27 AM »

good day gentlemen. long day yesterday, didn't get done until 10pm. today is suppose to end at noon.
Short Story and crappy coffee in the designated smoking area. although it's an outside issue in the program according to our traditions, someone is bringing a motion to the floor to ban smoking in the hotel's designated smoking area.
Time then to bring a motion that you don't need to be going to these quarterly meetings.
hey, never thought of that.
Here it would simply be a GFY
Yea, but for the organization, ya gotta follow protocol.

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2017, 08:55:46 AM »

good day gentlemen. long day yesterday, didn't get done until 10pm. today is suppose to end at noon.
Short Story and crappy coffee in the designated smoking area. although it's an outside issue in the program according to our traditions, someone is bringing a motion to the floor to ban smoking in the hotel's designated smoking area.
Time then to bring a motion that you don't need to be going to these quarterly meetings.
hey, never thought of that.
Here it would simply be a GFY
Yea, but for the organization, ya gotta follow protocol.
Not me!

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2017, 09:02:14 AM »

AB 10 Paks and Tactical Baseball Caps at the Page :(

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2017, 09:27:46 AM »

good day gentlemen. long day yesterday, didn't get done until 10pm. today is suppose to end at noon.
Short Story and crappy coffee in the designated smoking area. although it's an outside issue in the program according to our traditions, someone is bringing a motion to the floor to ban smoking in the hotel's designated smoking area.
Time then to bring a motion that you don't need to be going to these quarterly meetings.
hey, never thought of that.
Here it would simply be a GFY

Interesting. The proposed ban is totally separate from the hotel, I gather? Doesn't seem like one guest (or guests) could have any binding effect on preventing other guests of the hotel from using a smoking area. Seems pretty silly to move for...
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2017, 09:28:21 AM »

And good morning, all!

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2017, 09:49:34 AM »

Good Morning Shank.

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2017, 10:04:08 AM »

good day gentlemen. long day yesterday, didn't get done until 10pm. today is suppose to end at noon.
Short Story and crappy coffee in the designated smoking area. although it's an outside issue in the program according to our traditions, someone is bringing a motion to the floor to ban smoking in the hotel's designated smoking area.
Time then to bring a motion that you don't need to be going to these quarterly meetings.
hey, never thought of that.
Here it would simply be a GFY

Interesting. The proposed ban is totally separate from the hotel, I gather? Doesn't seem like one guest (or guests) could have any binding effect on preventing other guests of the hotel from using a smoking area. Seems pretty silly to move for...
person bringing the motion to the floor states the hotel only brings out the ashtrays for us quarterly. you can't tell me the Gator fans here in Gainesville don't smoke.
you can't teach common sense.
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2017, 10:08:18 AM »

[...]

Lol. It's possible they bring out MORE ashtrays, I guess. But, yeah, I'm sure that happens on football weekends too.

I love Gainesville. I nearly went there for law school. Such a loyal alumni network and athletic following, too. Would have been fun I think.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11