CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on March 14, 2024, 01:39:21 AM

Title: 3/14/2024
Post by: CigarBanter on March 14, 2024, 01:39:21 AM
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 05:55:33 AM
Morning, boyos. Happy Little Friday.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 05:55:58 AM
Joe:

Graycliff 10 Year Vintage Maduro PG - 5/22.50
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 05:57:16 AM
Sis:

Door #1 - Alec Bradley The Lineage Toro - 10/44.99

Door #2 - AJ Fernandez Anthology Sampler - 12/44.99
    1 x La Herencia Cubana CORE Robusto (5.0"x52)
    1 x Ave Maria Immaculata (5.0"x52)
    1 x Diesel Unlimited d.5 (5.5"x54)
    1 x Man O’ War Ruination Belicoso (5.7"x 56)
    1 x Ave Maria Divina Toro (6.0"x54)
    1 x Man O’ War Robusto (5.5"x50)
    1 x Diesel Rage Toro (6.0"x54)
    1 x Fallen Angel Robusto (5.0"x52)
    1 x HC Habano2 Robusto (5.0"x50)
    1 x Man O’ War Legend Robusto (5.5"x52)
    1 x Nica Libre Silver 25th Anniversary Torpedo (6.0"x56)
    1 x Relic Robusto (5.2"x52)

Door #3 - La Gloria Cubana Spanish Press Robusto - 10/34.99
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 05:59:37 AM
I forgot to mention that when the sewer guys were out here on Saturday, they apparently discovered (without telling me) that the connector from my line to the main sewer line is broken and needs to be repaired. I found out about it when I looked outside Tuesday after work and discovered flags and painted lines in my front yard. Took a few phone calls to find out why they were there. Shouldn't cost me anything because that line is the responsibility of the county, but they're gonna have to tear up my front yard something fierce. And that's almost as bad.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2024, 06:38:02 AM
Morning, boyos. Happy Little Friday.
I almost made the mistake of thinking it was actual Friday again. Good morning, LTG.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2024, 06:39:44 AM
I forgot to mention that when the sewer guys were out here on Saturday, they apparently discovered (without telling me) that the connector from my line to the main sewer line is broken and needs to be repaired. I found out about it when I looked outside Tuesday after work and discovered flags and painted lines in my front yard. Took a few phone calls to find out why they were there. Shouldn't cost me anything because that line is the responsibility of the county, but they're gonna have to tear up my front yard something fierce. And that's almost as bad.
They'll usually repair that too. (Meaning, they're supposed to put things back to how they were, new grass, etc.) But perhaps things are different here.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2024, 06:42:14 AM
Today will be the nicest of the days. Mid-70s expected. Then we go down to 50s for the foreseeable future.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 06:54:38 AM
I forgot to mention that when the sewer guys were out here on Saturday, they apparently discovered (without telling me) that the connector from my line to the main sewer line is broken and needs to be repaired. I found out about it when I looked outside Tuesday after work and discovered flags and painted lines in my front yard. Took a few phone calls to find out why they were there. Shouldn't cost me anything because that line is the responsibility of the county, but they're gonna have to tear up my front yard something fierce. And that's almost as bad.
They'll usually repair that too. (Meaning, they're supposed to put things back to how they were, new grass, etc.) But perhaps things are different here.
Hmm, maybe. I know they usually do that with road repair, but not sure about this situation. I suppose I'll find out eventually. Though, it may just be through observation, since they don't appear ready to advise me of anything in any other way.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 06:55:59 AM
Morning, boyos. Happy Little Friday.
I almost made the mistake of thinking it was actual Friday again. Good morning, LTG.
APNewsDave will never let you hear the end of it now.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 06:57:18 AM
Today will be the nicest of the days. Mid-70s expected. Then we go down to 50s for the foreseeable future.
Same here. Nice weather has passed, but it was a nice change of pace.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 09:23:18 AM
Got some pulled pork in the slow cooker for dinner, house is gonna start smelling good in no time.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2024, 10:23:35 AM
Got some pulled pork in the slow cooker for dinner, house is gonna start smelling good in no time.
Mmmm. I'm in the office today but I had the makings for that. Maybe over the weekend.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 10:45:47 AM
Got some pulled pork in the slow cooker for dinner, house is gonna start smelling good in no time.
Mmmm. I'm in the office today but I had the makings for that. Maybe over the weekend.
Hard to go wrong. And usually means some leftovers, as well.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2024, 10:51:47 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2024, 10:52:12 AM
Connections
Puzzle #277
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2024, 10:52:31 AM
Morning, boyos. Happy Little Friday.
(that's still technically Thursday Tony)
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2024, 10:52:32 AM
Wordle 999 3/6

🟩⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟩⬛🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2024, 10:54:55 AM
Morning, boyos. Happy Little Friday.
I almost made the mistake of thinking it was actual Friday again. Good morning, LTG.
APNewsDave will never let you hear the end of it now.
;D   :-X
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2024, 10:56:56 AM
Today is Thursday, March 14, the 75th day of 2024.
There are 292 days left in the year.

Today’s highlight in history:

On March 14, 1879, Albert Einstein, who would revolutionize physics and the human understanding of the universe, was born in Ulm, Germany.

On this date:

In 1794, Eli Whitney received a patent for his cotton gin, an invention that revolutionized America’s cotton industry.

In 1939, the republic of Czechoslovakia was dissolved, opening the way for Nazi occupation of Czech areas and the separation of Slovakia.

In 1951, during the Korean War, United Nations forces recaptured Seoul.

In 1962, Democrat Edward M. Kennedy officially launched in Boston his successful candidacy for the U.S. Senate seat from Massachusetts once held by his brother, President John F. Kennedy. (Edward Kennedy served in the Senate for nearly 47 years.)

In 1964, a jury in Dallas found Jack Ruby guilty of murdering Lee Harvey Oswald, the accused assassin of President John F. Kennedy, and sentenced him to death. (Both the conviction and death sentence were overturned, but Ruby died before he could be retried.)

In 1967, the body of President John F. Kennedy was moved from a temporary grave to a permanent memorial site at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia.

In 1980, a LOT Polish Airlines jet crashed while attempting to land in Warsaw, killing all 87 people aboard, including 22 members of a U.S. amateur boxing team.

In 1990, the Soviet Congress of People’s Deputies held a secret ballot that elected Mikhail S. Gorbachev to a new, powerful presidency.

In 1995, American astronaut Norman Thagard became the first American to enter space aboard a Russian rocket as he and two cosmonauts blasted off aboard a Soyuz spacecraft, headed for the Mir space station.

In 2011, Neil Diamond, Alice Cooper, Tom Waits, Darlene Love, Dr. John and Leon Russell were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

In 2015, Robert Durst, a wealthy eccentric linked to two killings and his wife’s disappearance, was arrested by the FBI in New Orleans on a murder warrant a day before HBO aired the final episode of a serial documentary about his life. (Durst would be convicted in the shooting death of his friend, Susan Berman; he died in January 2022 while serving a life sentence in California.)

In 2018, Stephen Hawking, the best-known theoretical physicist of his time, died at his home in Cambridge, England, at the age of 76; he had stunned doctors by living with the normally fatal illness ALS for more than 50 years.

In 2021, female performers including Beyoncé and Taylor Swift swept the top honors at the Grammy Awards; Beyoncé’s 28th win made her the most decorated woman in Grammy history.

In 2022, country music legend Dolly Parton announced she was pulling out of the nominations for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, saying she hadn’t “earned that right.” (She would later reverse course and accept induction into the hall.)

Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 11:00:07 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page1Raz.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 11:00:26 AM
Morning, boyos. Happy Little Friday.
(that's still technically Thursday Tony)
Called it.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2024, 11:00:59 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Michael Caine is 91.
Composer-conductor Quincy Jones is 91.
Actor Raymond J. Barry is 85.
Country singer Michael Martin Murphey is 79.
Rock musician Walt Parazaider (payr-ah-ZAY’-dur) (formerly with Chicago) is 79.
Actor Steve Kanaly is 78.
Comedian Billy Crystal is 76.
Actor-writer-comedian-radio personality Rick Dees is 73.
Country singer Jann Browne is 70.
Actor Adrian Zmed is 70.
Prince Albert II, the ruler of Monaco, is 66.
Actor Laila Robins is 65.
Actor Tamara Tunie (tuh-MAH’-ruh TOO’-nee) is 65.
Producer-director-writer Kevin Williamson is 59.
Actor Elise Neal is 58.
Actor Gary Anthony Williams is 58.
Actor Megan Follows is 56.
Rock musician Michael Bland is 55.
Country singer Kristian Bush is 54.
Actor Betsy Brandt is 51.
Actor Grace Park is 50.
Actor Daniel Gillies is 48.
Actor Corey Stoll is 48.
Actor Jake Fogelnest is 45.
Actor Chris Klein is 45.
Actor Ryan Cartwright (TV: “Kevin Can Wait”) is 43.
Actor Kate Maberly is 42.
Singer-musician Taylor Hanson (Hanson) is 41.
Rep. Dan Crenshaw, R-Texas, is 40.
Actor Jamie Bell is 38.
Rock musician Este Haim (HY’-uhm) (Haim) is 38.
NBA star Stephen Curry is 36.
Actor Ansel Elgort is 30.
Olympic gold medal gymnast Simone Biles is 27.
Actor James Freedson-Jackson (Film: “The Strange Ones”) is 22.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2024, 11:02:25 AM
Today's Over/Under is 6
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 11:02:44 AM
Today's Over/Under is 6
Better performance for me today, 8.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2024, 11:08:49 AM
Morning, boyos. Happy Little Friday.
(that's still technically Thursday Tony)
Got it. No, really.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2024, 11:09:45 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Raz. How's your brother making out?
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2024, 11:17:24 AM
Today's Over/Under is 6
Six, indeed.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2024, 11:21:07 AM
Oliva from the Page.

https://www.cigarpage.com/the-anniversary-to-remember-deal.html?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=push&utm_campaign=2024-03-14-45-off-Oliva-13
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2024, 11:24:06 AM
Got my Massachusetts contraband ready for travel next week.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 11:34:58 AM
Got the call from the repair shop. Kinda wishing it was what Tony mentioned yesterday, because it sounds like that would've been cheaper than new lines, a new pump and rear brakes. Total north of $1300. Oof.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2024, 11:43:33 AM
Page 3!
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2024, 11:44:11 AM
and...
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2024, 11:44:46 AM
Three for page 3
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2024, 11:52:00 AM
Got the call from the repair shop. Kinda wishing it was what Tony mentioned yesterday, because it sounds like that would've been cheaper than new lines, a new pump and rear brakes. Total north of $1300. Oof.
Tony mentioned the master cylinder.  I'm guessing that's what they meant by "new pump."  The master cylinder is the only "pump" I can think of in an automotive braking system.

What make and model of car?
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2024, 11:53:41 AM
Today's Over/Under is 6
Nine.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2024, 11:56:32 AM
Three for page 3
I should have known Tamara Tunie.  But didn't.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2024, 12:36:49 PM
Got the call from the repair shop. Kinda wishing it was what Tony mentioned yesterday, because it sounds like that would've been cheaper than new lines, a new pump and rear brakes. Total north of $1300. Oof.
Oof!
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2024, 12:49:59 PM
Wordle 999 3/6

⬛🟩🟨🟨⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2024, 01:06:18 PM
AP didn't mention it, but Happy Pi Day!
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 01:16:34 PM
Got the call from the repair shop. Kinda wishing it was what Tony mentioned yesterday, because it sounds like that would've been cheaper than new lines, a new pump and rear brakes. Total north of $1300. Oof.
Tony mentioned the master cylinder.  I'm guessing that's what they meant by "new pump."  The master cylinder is the only "pump" I can think of in an automotive braking system.

What make and model of car?
Could be, I don't know much about the inner workings of cars. It's a Kia Soul.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 01:17:01 PM
AP didn't mention it, but Happy Pi Day!
Or, if you prefer Urban Dictionary, Happy Steak and a BJ Day!
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 01:17:47 PM
Three for page 3
I should have known Tamara Tunie.  But didn't.
Same
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 01:32:56 PM
Well, KSU won, knocking off the #1 in the conference. So there's that.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2024, 01:50:10 PM
Had to select a superior smoke for a superior afternoon.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 01:55:04 PM
Had to select a superior smoke for a superior afternoon.
Another 20 minutes and that cap is gonna look like Guy's hair.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 02:46:06 PM
Today, blue was the WTF category.

Connections
Puzzle #277
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2024, 03:20:24 PM
Today, blue was the WTF category.

Connections
Puzzle #277
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
Haven't gotten there yet. Looking forward to it.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2024, 04:02:45 PM
Today, blue was the WTF category.

Connections
Puzzle #277
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
Haven't gotten there yet. Looking forward to it.
The other 3 were pretty straight forward so I was going to solve blue first just to bust your ass. However, even after the explanation, I'm not sure I understand blue. I should have joined a college frat.

Connections
Puzzle #277
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 04:21:58 PM
Today, blue was the WTF category.

Connections
Puzzle #277
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
Haven't gotten there yet. Looking forward to it.
The other 3 were pretty straight forward so I was going to solve blue first just to bust your ass. However, even after the explanation, I'm not sure I understand blue. I should have joined a college frat.

Connections
Puzzle #277
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
Right?
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 04:47:53 PM
Kids on the way home, then a quick dinner and the oldest and I will be right back to school for a meeting about her senior trip. Still no word on our car's completion.
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 09:02:30 PM
Wordle 999 3/6*

🟩⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟩⬛🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 3/14/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2024, 09:04:09 PM
Mark Twain Memoir

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240315/0075c786632fa707c0be6038aa2fab5d.jpg)