CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on June 13, 2019, 12:00:48 AM

Title: 6/13/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on June 13, 2019, 12:00:48 AM
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 13, 2019, 12:02:35 AM
Happy St. Anthony's Day! We almost made 9 pages yesterday. Not too bad. Thanks for the extra effort, guys.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 13, 2019, 05:23:09 AM
Morning JAMMERS, Coffee is fresh and hot this morning.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 13, 2019, 05:37:18 AM
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 13, 2019, 05:40:32 AM
Good morning Dave.
Morning Blue
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 13, 2019, 05:41:24 AM
Cloudy and windy here this morning.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 13, 2019, 06:00:12 AM
Good morning, Dave and Rick. The weekend is almost upon us.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 13, 2019, 06:03:11 AM
Good morning, Dave and Rick. The weekend is almost upon us.
Morning AlmostTony
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 13, 2019, 06:05:17 AM
Thank god Boston lost last night, amiright?
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 13, 2019, 06:10:53 AM
Police given order to deploy riot gear & tear gas into crowd of hundreds following officer-involved shooting in the Frayser neighborhood of Memphis; at least one officer was taken away injured.

Overnight:
- Officer-Involved Shooting In Memphis
- Large Crowds Gathered
- Rocks Thrown at Officers
- Stores Looted
- Massive Police Response
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 13, 2019, 06:15:23 AM
Thank god Boston lost last night, amiright?
Always.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 13, 2019, 06:33:22 AM
Thank god Boston lost last night, amiright?
Always.
And now, my training class for later this morning was cancelled. This is shaping up to be a great day.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 13, 2019, 06:51:40 AM
Thank god Boston lost last night, amiright?
Always.
And now, my training class for later this morning was cancelled. This is shaping up to be a great day.
I've got quite a bit to do today myself.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 07:00:02 AM
Thank god Boston lost last night, amiright?
Always.
And now, my training class for later this morning was cancelled. This is shaping up to be a great day.
I've got quite a bit to do today myself.
Jammin' today to boot!
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 07:01:28 AM
On the Sis, Rosa de Guadalupe is a nice one to try if you haven't already.  MOW maddies also a very nice stick.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 07:02:51 AM
Morning SCDave, SummerIsComingRick, Mr. Mayor and UntrainableDave.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 13, 2019, 07:03:56 AM
Thank god Boston lost last night, amiright?
Always.
And now, my training class for later this morning was cancelled. This is shaping up to be a great day.
I've got quite a bit to do today myself.
Jammin' today to boot!
Morning LateToTheDanceAgainDave
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 07:10:44 AM
Today is Thursday, June 13, the 164th day of 2019. There are 201 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On June 13, 1966, the Supreme Court ruled in Miranda v. Arizona that criminal suspects had to be informed of their constitutional right to consult with an attorney and to remain silent.

On this date:
In 1842, Queen Victoria became the first British monarch to ride on a train, traveling from Slough Railway Station to Paddington in 25 minutes.
In 1927, aviation hero Charles Lindbergh was honored with a ticker-tape parade in New York City.
In 1935, James Braddock claimed the title of world heavyweight boxing champion from Max Baer in a 15-round fight in Queens, New York. "Becky Sharp," the first movie photographed in "three-strip" Technicolor, opened in New York.
In 1942, a four-man Nazi sabotage team arrived on Long Island, New York, three days before a second four-man team landed in Florida. (All eight men were arrested after two members of the first group defected.) President Franklin D. Roosevelt created the Office of Strategic Services and the Office of War Information.
In 1967, President Lyndon B. Johnson nominated Solicitor-General Thurgood Marshall to become the first black justice on the U.S. Supreme Court.
In 1977, James Earl Ray, the convicted assassin of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr., was recaptured following his escape three days earlier from a Tennessee prison.
In 1978, the movie musical "Grease," starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John, had its world premiere in New York.
In 1983, the U.S. space probe Pioneer 10, launched in 1972, became the first spacecraft to leave the solar system as it crossed the orbit of Neptune.
In 1993, Canada's Progressive Conservative Party chose Defense Minister Kim Campbell to succeed Brian Mulroney (muhl-ROO'-nee) as prime minister; she was the first woman to hold the post. Astronaut Donald K. "Deke" Slayton died in League City, Texas, at age 69.
In 1997, a jury voted unanimously to give Timothy McVeigh the death penalty for his role in the Oklahoma City bombing. The Chicago Bulls captured their fifth professional basketball championship in seven years with a 90-to-86 victory over the Utah Jazz in game six.
In 2005, A jury in Santa Maria, California, acquitted Michael Jackson of molesting a 13-year-old cancer survivor at his Neverland ranch. The Supreme Court warned prosecutors to use care in striking minorities from juries, siding with black murder defendants in Texas and California who contended their juries had been unfairly stacked with whites.
In 2008, Tim Russert, moderator of NBC's "Meet the Press," died suddenly while preparing for his weekly broadcast; he was 58. R. Kelly was acquitted of all charges in his child pornography trial in Chicago, ending a six-year ordeal for the R&B superstar.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 13, 2019, 07:18:16 AM
Morning SCDave, SummerIsComingRick, Mr. Mayor and UntrainableDave.
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 07:19:29 AM
Ten years ago: Opponents of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (ah-muh-DEE'-neh-zhahd) clashed with police in the heart of Tehran after the Iranian president claimed a re-election victory. Hundreds gathered at a sprawling hillside cemetery in Los Angeles to attend a funeral for David Carradine, more than a week after the 72-year-old actor was found hanging in a Bangkok hotel room.

Five years ago: The Internal Revenue Service told Congress it had lost a trove of emails to and from Lois Lerner, a central figure in the agency's tea party controversy, sparking outrage from congressional investigators. The Los Angeles Kings won the Stanley Cup for the second time in three years with a 3-2 victory over the New York Rangers in Game 5. Hall of Fame football coach Chuck Noll, 82, died in Sewickley, Pennsylvania.

One year ago: President Donald Trump declared that his summit with Kim Jong Un had ended any nuclear threat from North Korea, though the meeting had produced no details on how or when weapons might be eliminated or reduced. On the eve of the start of the World Cup in Russia, FIFA voters chose to award the 2026 World Cup to North America.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 13, 2019, 07:20:09 AM
Tim Russert was a shocker. He was from Buffalo. His life cut way too short.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 07:21:29 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Actor Bob McGrath is 87.
Artist Christo is 84.
Magician Siegfried (Siegfried & Roy) is 80.
Actor Malcolm McDowell is 76.
Former U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is 75.
Singer Dennis Locorriere is 70.
Actor Richard Thomas is 68.
Actor Jonathan Hogan is 68.
Actor Stellan Skarsgard is 68.
Comedian Tim Allen is 66.
North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper is 62.
Actress Ally Sheedy is 57.
TV anchor Hannah Storm is 57.
Rock musician Paul deLisle (deh-LYL') (Smash Mouth) is 56.
Actress Lisa Vidal is 54.
Singer David Gray is 51.
Rhythm and blues singer Deniece Pearson (Five Star) is 51.
Rock musician Soren Rasted (Aqua) is 50.
Actor Jamie Walters is 50.
Singer-musician Rivers Cuomo (Weezer) is 49.
Country singer Susan Haynes is 47.
Actor Steve-O is 45.
Country singer Jason Michael Carroll is 41.
Actor Ethan Embry is 41.
Actor Chris Evans is 38.
Actress Sarah Schaub is 36.
Singer Raz B is 34.
Actress Kat Dennings is 33.
Actress Ashley Olsen is 33.
Actress Mary-Kate Olsen is 33.
DJ/producer Gesaffelstein is 32.
Actor Aaron Johnson is 29.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 07:22:02 AM
Thought for Today: "There are no strangers here, only friends you have not yet met." — William Butler Yeats (1865-1939).
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 13, 2019, 07:26:49 AM
Morning SCDave, SummerIsComingRick, Mr. Mayor and UntrainableDave.
Good morning, NJDave.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 13, 2019, 07:28:30 AM
good morning Daves, Tony, and Rick.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 13, 2019, 07:34:49 AM
good morning Daves, Tony, and Rick.
Welcome to the party, Deano.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 13, 2019, 07:49:41 AM
Morning Daves, Dean, Rick, and Mayor T.  Another beautiful day outside in store. I plan to not let it go to waste.  I'll tell HR I need a mental health 1/2 day.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 13, 2019, 07:54:07 AM
good morning Daves, Tony, and Rick.
Morning Dean’O and Bean’O
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 13, 2019, 08:08:42 AM
Morning Daves, Dean, Rick, and Mayor T.  Another beautiful day outside in store. I plan to not let it go to waste.  I'll tell HR I need a mental health 1/2 day.
I used my mental health day yesterday and went golfing with Dad. Rain next four days.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 13, 2019, 08:36:53 AM
Morning Daves, Dean, Rick, and Mayor T.  Another beautiful day outside in store. I plan to not let it go to waste.  I'll tell HR I need a mental health 1/2 day.
I used my mental health day yesterday and went golfing with Dad. Rain next four days.
Nice. Even a short break is a good break.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 13, 2019, 08:42:53 AM
morning Mark.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 13, 2019, 08:43:50 AM
thunderstorms here, sunshine disappearing.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 13, 2019, 09:50:56 AM
Rain here too. I hope it will let up enough for me to smoke something later.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 13, 2019, 10:07:41 AM
ordered Monday:

June 13, 2019, 9:03 am
Out for Delivery
CRYSTAL RIVER, FL 34428
Your item is out for delivery on June 13, 2019 at 9:03 am in CRYSTAL RIVER, FL 34428.
June 13, 2019, 8:53 am
Sorting Complete
CRYSTAL RIVER, FL 34428
June 13, 2019, 8:03 am
Arrived at Post Office
CRYSTAL RIVER, FL 34429
June 13, 2019, 5:51 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
GAINESVILLE FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
June 13, 2019, 4:51 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
GAINESVILLE FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
June 13, 2019, 2:54 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
JACKSONVILLE FL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
June 13, 2019, 1:34 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
JACKSONVILLE FL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
June 12, 2019
In Transit to Next Facility
June 11, 2019, 11:46 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
PHILADELPHIA PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
June 11, 2019, 10:31 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
BATH, PA 18014
June 11, 2019, 6:40 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
LEHIGH VALLEY, PA 18002
June 11, 2019, 12:47 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
BATH, PA 18014
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 13, 2019, 10:09:05 AM
Rain here too. I hope it will let up enough for me to smoke something later.
just pouring here. some flooding in Downtown Crystal River and side roads around here.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 13, 2019, 10:16:39 AM
@LTG:

https://www.facebook.com/vaultofcomedy/videos/771099526594370/?sfnsn=xwmo

will open in Google
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 13, 2019, 10:27:33 AM
@LTG:

https://www.facebook.com/vaultofcomedy/videos/771099526594370/?sfnsn=xwmo

will open in Google
An absolute classic.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 13, 2019, 10:36:48 AM
[...]

Mine is also ready to be delivered after 2 days. CI should take note.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 13, 2019, 10:39:10 AM
[...]

the Page does well.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 13, 2019, 10:39:49 AM
@LTG:

https://www.facebook.com/vaultofcomedy/videos/771099526594370/?sfnsn=xwmo

will open in Google
An absolute classic.
always good for a rainy day golf washout.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 13, 2019, 10:42:23 AM
https://halfwheel.com/category/news
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 13, 2019, 10:54:27 AM
No rainy day here, I'm gettin' gone for a while.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 13, 2019, 10:56:18 AM
No rainy day here, I'm gettin' gone for a while.
Have fun.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 11:01:13 AM
good morning Daves, Tony, and Rick.
Look who rolled out of bed...
Morning DeanO
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 11:02:29 AM
Morning Daves, Dean, Rick, and Mayor T.  Another beautiful day outside in store. I plan to not let it go to waste.  I'll tell HR I need a mental health 1/2 day.
Getting rather bold in your old age.  Enjoy!
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 11:03:20 AM
https://halfwheel.com/category/news
Get with the program Dean, we covered that last night.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 13, 2019, 11:12:25 AM
@LTG:

https://www.facebook.com/vaultofcomedy/videos/771099526594370/?sfnsn=xwmo

will open in Google
An absolute classic.
always good for a rainy day golf washout.
Heading out myself on Saturday morning. Rain is supposed to stay away until after 4, so let's hope that holds true.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 13, 2019, 11:19:59 AM
good morning Daves, Tony, and Rick.
Look who rolled out of bed...
Morning DeanO
I've been up since 3:45am, was busy.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 13, 2019, 11:20:53 AM
https://halfwheel.com/category/news
Get with the program Dean, we covered that last night.
was I here last night?
😳
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 13, 2019, 11:22:04 AM
No rainy day here, I'm gettin' gone for a while.
sun is out. going for a ride to check out flooding.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 11:23:36 AM
good morning Daves, Tony, and Rick.
Look who rolled out of bed...
Morning DeanO
I've been up since 3:45am, was busy.
OK then.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 13, 2019, 11:35:21 AM
delivery.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 13, 2019, 12:58:14 PM
Not a bad deal at all. Good cigar too. Although I prefer the smaller vitola.

https://www.cigarpage.com/cao-flathead-steel-horse-apehanger-10pk.html?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=push_notification&utm_campaign=PushCrew_notification_201906131&_p_c=1
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 13, 2019, 01:03:50 PM
Not a bad deal at all. Good cigar too. Although I prefer the smaller vitola.

https://www.cigarpage.com/cao-flathead-steel-horse-apehanger-10pk.html?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=push_notification&utm_campaign=PushCrew_notification_201906131&_p_c=1
I enjoy the Flathead line so far, though, I haven't had this one, yet.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 13, 2019, 01:08:04 PM
fried bologna and egg sandwich on rye.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 13, 2019, 01:26:02 PM
fried bologna and egg sandwich on rye.
Pretty similar to some Taylor ham and egg. Though, you can keep the rye.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 13, 2019, 01:43:30 PM
Not a bad deal at all. Good cigar too. Although I prefer the smaller vitola.

https://www.cigarpage.com/cao-flathead-steel-horse-apehanger-10pk.html?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=push_notification&utm_campaign=PushCrew_notification_201906131&_p_c=1
I enjoy the Flathead line so far, though, I haven't had this one, yet.
I absolutely love the handbrake. In fact, if the sun holds up, that's probably what I'll smoke today.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 13, 2019, 02:01:11 PM
Not a bad deal at all. Good cigar too. Although I prefer the smaller vitola.

https://www.cigarpage.com/cao-flathead-steel-horse-apehanger-10pk.html?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=push_notification&utm_campaign=PushCrew_notification_201906131&_p_c=1
I enjoy the Flathead line so far, though, I haven't had this one, yet.
I absolutely love the handbrake. In fact, if the sun holds up, that's probably what I'll smoke today.
Gotta love it when a plan comes together. We had come pretty heavy rain come through around lunch time. Supposed to be on or off the rest of the day.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 13, 2019, 02:18:29 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 13, 2019, 02:22:47 PM
Back from a nice ride and lunch to find another little brown box waiting for me.  I don't see how these will ever be $4/stick again.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 13, 2019, 03:08:30 PM
Back from a nice ride and lunch to find another little brown box waiting for me.  I don't see how these will ever be $4/stick again.
I still can’t believe they ever were really $4 and I even bought some.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 13, 2019, 03:10:03 PM
We went to LULU’s for lunch, fried shrimp and oysters for me.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 13, 2019, 03:15:37 PM
We went to LULU’s for lunch, fried shrimp and oysters for me.
BBQ plate (two meat) and sides for me at the local roadside convenience store/gas station/cafe.  They know what they're doing in the vittles department.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 13, 2019, 03:16:58 PM
In the man cave now with coffee and a 300 Manos from the Southern Draw sampler.  Starting out very smooth and creamy.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 13, 2019, 03:27:29 PM
We went to LULU’s for lunch, fried shrimp and oysters for me.
BBQ plate (two meat) and sides for me at the local roadside convenience store/gas station/cafe.  They know what they're doing in the vittles department.
did you fill the gas tank too while there?
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 13, 2019, 03:31:50 PM
We went to LULU’s for lunch, fried shrimp and oysters for me.
BBQ plate (two meat) and sides for me at the local roadside convenience store/gas station/cafe.  They know what they're doing in the vittles department.
I could eat some good TX bbq.  Need to go to Lewis BBQ in Charleston and get me some brisket.

You ever have a burger at Freiheit Country Store in New Braunfels?   One of the best burgers I have had.  Fabulous fries too.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 13, 2019, 03:33:19 PM
We went to LULU’s for lunch, fried shrimp and oysters for me.
BBQ plate (two meat) and sides for me at the local roadside convenience store/gas station/cafe.  They know what they're doing in the vittles department.
did you fill the gas tank too while there?
I expelled some gas after lunch.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 13, 2019, 03:37:59 PM
We went to LULU’s for lunch, fried shrimp and oysters for me.
BBQ plate (two meat) and sides for me at the local roadside convenience store/gas station/cafe.  They know what they're doing in the vittles department.
I could eat some good TX bbq.  Need to go to Lewis BBQ in Charleston and get me some brisket.

You ever have a burger at Freiheit Country Store in New Braunfels?   One of the best burgers I have had.  Fabulous fries too.
Have not.  Sounds a bit like Andice General Store which has the best burgers up this way.  Homemade onion rings are quite nice, too.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 13, 2019, 03:38:38 PM
We went to LULU’s for lunch, fried shrimp and oysters for me.
BBQ plate (two meat) and sides for me at the local roadside convenience store/gas station/cafe.  They know what they're doing in the vittles department.
did you fill the gas tank too while there?
No need, just my belly!
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 13, 2019, 03:43:47 PM
We went to LULU’s for lunch, fried shrimp and oysters for me.
BBQ plate (two meat) and sides for me at the local roadside convenience store/gas station/cafe.  They know what they're doing in the vittles department.
I could eat some good TX bbq.  Need to go to Lewis BBQ in Charleston and get me some brisket.

You ever have a burger at Freiheit Country Store in New Braunfels?   One of the best burgers I have had.  Fabulous fries too.
Have not.  Sounds a bit like Andice General Store which has the best burgers up this way.  Homemade onion rings are quite nice, too.
Freiheit is about a mile off I 35 behind the Buccees
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 04:10:03 PM
fried bologna and egg sandwich on rye.
Pretty similar to some Taylor ham and egg. Though, you can keep the rye.
Poor imitation....only in a pinch.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 04:11:10 PM
Back from a nice ride and lunch to find another little brown box waiting for me.  I don't see how these will ever be $4/stick again.
Got mine too.  Just be happy you got these.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 04:11:39 PM
We went to LULU’s for lunch, fried shrimp and oysters for me.
Say hi to Jimmy for me?
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 04:12:47 PM
In the man cave now with coffee and a 300 Manos from the Southern Draw sampler.  Starting out very smooth and creamy.
Habano or Maduro?  I prefer the Habano myself.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 04:16:55 PM
We went to LULU’s for lunch, fried shrimp and oysters for me.
BBQ plate (two meat) and sides for me at the local roadside convenience store/gas station/cafe.  They know what they're doing in the vittles department.
I could eat some good TX bbq.  Need to go to Lewis BBQ in Charleston and get me some brisket.

You ever have a burger at Freiheit Country Store in New Braunfels?   One of the best burgers I have had.  Fabulous fries too.
If you're ever Clemson way, plan on a visit to the Smoking Pig (or in Easley or Williamston)  [only open Thursday, Friday and Saturday]
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 04:17:38 PM
OK, all caught up.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 04:26:38 PM
Mentioned this last night.  Looks like a tasty one.

http://www.stogieguys.com/2019/06/06122019-cigar-review-diesel-whiskey-row-sherry-cask-robusto.html
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 13, 2019, 04:43:06 PM
In the man cave now with coffee and a 300 Manos from the Southern Draw sampler.  Starting out very smooth and creamy.
Habano or Maduro?  I prefer the Habano myself.
This is the Habano.  Great cigar. Glad I got two of these samplers.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 13, 2019, 04:44:51 PM
We went to LULU’s for lunch, fried shrimp and oysters for me.
BBQ plate (two meat) and sides for me at the local roadside convenience store/gas station/cafe.  They know what they're doing in the vittles department.
I could eat some good TX bbq.  Need to go to Lewis BBQ in Charleston and get me some brisket.

You ever have a burger at Freiheit Country Store in New Braunfels?   One of the best burgers I have had.  Fabulous fries too.
Have not.  Sounds a bit like Andice General Store which has the best burgers up this way.  Homemade onion rings are quite nice, too.
Freiheit is about a mile off I 35 behind the Buccees
We routinely have work down that way in Selma.  I'll try to remember to drop by for a burger.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 13, 2019, 04:49:30 PM
puzzy picture.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 13, 2019, 05:02:28 PM
Time for a history lesson,

Lafayette landed in Georgetown's North Inlet 242 years ago today

Also known then as North Island or LaGrange Plantation is where I will be fishing tomorrow.   It is now called the Tom Yawkey Wildlife Center Heritage Preserve and is all operated by the State.  It is also the location of the Georgetown Lighthouse.

https://www.southstrandnews.com/news/lafayette-landed-in-georgetown-s-north-inlet-years-ago/article_d12d4fc0-8bbb-11e9-8872-e3d3dd7ee342.html?fbclid=IwAR3MDJkXimYdX9CuqEIdS2YtwZ--mpE8krem_S3UDiSJtZWKE7m5a0I_H88
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 13, 2019, 05:10:37 PM
Time for a history lesson,

Lafayette landed in Georgetown's North Inlet 242 years ago today

Also known then as North Island or LaGrange Plantation is where I will be fishing tomorrow.   It is now called the Tom Yawkey Wildlife Center Heritage Preserve and is all operated by the State.  It is also the location of the Georgetown Lighthouse.

https://www.southstrandnews.com/news/lafayette-landed-in-georgetown-s-north-inlet-years-ago/article_d12d4fc0-8bbb-11e9-8872-e3d3dd7ee342.html?fbclid=IwAR3MDJkXimYdX9CuqEIdS2YtwZ--mpE8krem_S3UDiSJtZWKE7m5a0I_H88
Cool story.
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 13, 2019, 05:33:52 PM
Turns out I didn't have a Flathead with me. Full box at home though. Went with this Eiroa the First 20 Years 646 Prensado (Corona Extra) (6.0"x46) instead. Picked it up at Famous back in March but apparently it needs more downtime because I'm getting notes of ammonia. Construction is impeccable though. Nice retrohale too.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190613/19256f26983cb6a58aab50558f7c8f93.jpg)
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 13, 2019, 09:35:07 PM
WTF, fellas?
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 11:46:43 PM
WTF, fellas?
What, you expect every day to be an eighter?
Title: Re: 6/13/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 13, 2019, 11:47:33 PM
WTF, fellas?
What, you expect every day to be an eighter?
Lot of weight for a couple of guys to be lifting.