« Reply #165 on: June 15, 2015, 11:58:15 AM »

Speaking of cigar talk, I'm almost through my long sojourn through poverty after paying for work on the motorcycle. I have $56.99 in my fun-money account. Course, that has to get me through to July 1, but I'm getting close to being able to buy some cigars again.

Morning, muchachos.

This space for rent.
Good MOrning Taco.

I ordered something new yesterday.  Been evaluating pocket pistoli's for a while, normally not a problem for me just which Glock but in a pocket model I do want a real safety!  Yike, guy shot a hole in his britches and 4 people in the Waldorf Astoria in NY this weekend cause his pocket pistolli went off.

After much deliberation and a super special advertised yesterday ordered me an M&P Shield 9mm.   Never been an M&P fan but the shield is really nice and reliable while barely larger than an LC9 Ruger.  Came down to the LC9, Baretta Nano and the Sheld and I rated the Shield #1.  Shield also holds 8 in the magazine.   Trigger is not the best and too heavy but there is a nice Apex kit to resolve that issue.
Good choice. My dad has an LC and I hate it. I probably need to look into a pocket gun of some sort.

Speaking of which, last week I had to sit through an hour long seminar on our agency's active-shooter response. Run, Hide, Fight if you have to.  We get our policies from Captain Obvious. Funny that they never mentioned personal carry. Not a word.

This space for rent.
... the greatest deterrent to an active shooter ...
I have to admire the heroism of those who don't carry weapons. And no, I'm not being sarcastic. To be willing to gamble that your wits and physical strength are sufficient to save your hide from someone willing to kill with any means necessary is truly brave.

I'm not that brave. I carry weapons.

This space for rent.
Guardian angels & trying to avoid people & places where problems are more likely to
occur, but we can't live in a bubble either ... got to trust in God and be alert/situationally aware ...
For some though, that may require carrying ... for me, I'd like to but I think my sense of personal responsibility would have me be constantly aware & vigilant to where I couldn't relax, just be myself & have fun.
Awareness and vigilance is indeed the price of carrying a weapon, though you'll find plenty of yahoos who think their only responsibility is to pay for the credit card that got them the gun.  Sometimes those people scare me more than criminals. "Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -- Col. Jeff Cooper

As for relaxing, when I only had myself to worry about I could relax and even engage in risky behavior without wearing a weapon all the time.  When I became responsible for the well-being of other people, it got hard to be relaxed without having effective means of dealing with the unthinkable.  It's all a matter of perspective, and how you personally calculate your odds.  Some people can look at the remoteness of the chance that they'll ever be victimized and feel reassured.  For me, if there's one chance in 10,000 someone will try to harm me or mine, I'm carrying a weapon.

And yeah, I'm sure the talking heads would point to the fact that I had to fight a lot when I was a teenager and that informs my decision.  I've seen human savagery and brutality close-up, and I've seen my personal limitations and the limitations of law-enforcement.  Close-up.  From both sides of the law.  And there is nothing about adulthood or the state of society thirty years later that suggests anything has improved.

So I carry.

Sorry, guess I'm ranting.
To paraphrase,
Awareness and vigilance is indeed the price of having children....

....and how well do many do with that responsibility.....at an astronomically increased frequency.
Yeah, ain't that the truth?

« Reply #166 on: June 15, 2015, 12:02:09 PM »

Way for we are looking at a hole in the ground?
Tony's fuel-oil tank lost its tiger and created an environmental crisis.
Thanks Razman.  Can't have any dirty dirt up in Joisey.
It's gotta be the right kind of dirty, morning Mike
So Antnee pays to get rid of the dirty dirt and then pays to replace it with clean dirt?  I can sell him some Ohio dirt and it's dirt cheap.

« Reply #167 on: June 15, 2015, 12:07:17 PM »

Way for we are looking at a hole in the ground?
Tony's fuel-oil tank lost its tiger and created an environmental crisis.
Thanks Razman.  Can't have any dirty dirt up in Joisey.
It's gotta be the right kind of dirty, morning Mike
So Antnee pays to get rid of the dirty dirt and then pays to replace it with clean dirt?  I can sell him some Ohio dirt and it's dirt cheap.
Sounds like some dirty dealing is going on here.

« Reply #168 on: June 15, 2015, 12:10:41 PM »

Way for we are looking at a hole in the ground?
Tony's fuel-oil tank lost its tiger and created an environmental crisis.
Thanks Razman.  Can't have any dirty dirt up in Joisey.
It's gotta be the right kind of dirty, morning Mike
So Antnee pays to get rid of the dirty dirt and then pays to replace it with clean dirt?  I can sell him some Ohio dirt and it's dirt cheap.
I'll pass it along

« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2015, 12:14:15 PM »

Way for we are looking at a hole in the ground?
Tony's fuel-oil tank lost its tiger and created an environmental crisis.
Thanks Razman.  Can't have any dirty dirt up in Joisey.
It's gotta be the right kind of dirty, morning Mike
So Antnee pays to get rid of the dirty dirt and then pays to replace it with clean dirt?  I can sell him some Ohio dirt and it's dirt cheap.
I'm seeing dollar signs and hearing cha-ching with every shovel full.  Here's the silver lining... Just lit a Samcro.  Cigar talk!

« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2015, 12:19:53 PM »

Way for we are looking at a hole in the ground?
Tony's fuel-oil tank lost its tiger and created an environmental crisis.
Thanks Razman.  Can't have any dirty dirt up in Joisey.
It's gotta be the right kind of dirty, morning Mike
So Antnee pays to get rid of the dirty dirt and then pays to replace it with clean dirt?  I can sell him some Ohio dirt and it's dirt cheap.
I'm seeing dollar signs and hearing cha-ching with every shovel full.  Here's the silver lining... Just lit a Samcro.  Cigar talk!
Enjoy the smoke cause your anus is going to be feeling pretty painful soon.

« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2015, 12:22:32 PM »

Fourth dump truck just showed up.  Still contaminated.

« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2015, 12:29:06 PM »

Way for we are looking at a hole in the ground?
Tony's fuel-oil tank lost its tiger and created an environmental crisis.
Thanks Razman.  Can't have any dirty dirt up in Joisey.
It's gotta be the right kind of dirty, morning Mike
So Antnee pays to get rid of the dirty dirt and then pays to replace it with clean dirt?  I can sell him some Ohio dirt and it's dirt cheap.
I'm seeing dollar signs and hearing cha-ching with every shovel full.  Here's the silver lining... Just lit a Samcro.  Cigar talk!
Mr. Landlord!  EPA on you with your oil spill?  CNN is on the way - "New Jersey Slum Landlord implicated in Oil Spill",

« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2015, 12:30:43 PM »

Way for we are looking at a hole in the ground?
Tony's fuel-oil tank lost its tiger and created an environmental crisis.
Thanks Razman.  Can't have any dirty dirt up in Joisey.
It's gotta be the right kind of dirty, morning Mike
So Antnee pays to get rid of the dirty dirt and then pays to replace it with clean dirt?  I can sell him some Ohio dirt and it's dirt cheap.
Not only that but Ohio accepts dirty dirt in exchange, so a nice overall swap....well, we have to pay a bit more, but it all works out.

« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2015, 12:30:48 PM »

Way for we are looking at a hole in the ground?
Tony's fuel-oil tank lost its tiger and created an environmental crisis.
Thanks Razman.  Can't have any dirty dirt up in Joisey.
It's gotta be the right kind of dirty, morning Mike
So Antnee pays to get rid of the dirty dirt and then pays to replace it with clean dirt?  I can sell him some Ohio dirt and it's dirt cheap.
I'm seeing dollar signs and hearing cha-ching with every shovel full.  Here's the silver lining... Just lit a Samcro.  Cigar talk!
Mr. Landlord!  EPA on you with your oil spill.  CNN is on the way - "New Jersey Slum Landlord implicated in Oil Spill",
$40,000 and growing

« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2015, 12:31:41 PM »

Way for we are looking at a hole in the ground?
Tony's fuel-oil tank lost its tiger and created an environmental crisis.
Thanks Razman.  Can't have any dirty dirt up in Joisey.
It's gotta be the right kind of dirty, morning Mike
So Antnee pays to get rid of the dirty dirt and then pays to replace it with clean dirt?  I can sell him some Ohio dirt and it's dirt cheap.
Not only that but Ohio accepts dirty dirt in exchange, so a nice overall swap....well, we have to pay a bit more, but it all works out.
Sell it to Shell as "oil sand".

« Reply #176 on: June 15, 2015, 12:32:17 PM »

Fourth dump truck just showed up.  Still contaminated.

They cross over into the next town yet?

« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2015, 12:33:38 PM »

Maybe it's just oil from the bottom of the shovel smearing on the dirt after every new scoop?

« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2015, 12:35:38 PM »

Maybe it's just oil from the bottom of the shovel smearing on the dirt after every new scoop?
Dont matter, costs the same.

« Reply #179 on: June 15, 2015, 12:35:48 PM »

Fourth dump truck just showed up.  Still contaminated.

They cross over into the next town yet?
I told him to stop when a Chinese guy was peaking through.