Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2023, 09:41:11 AM »

Hump Day Jammin':

CAO World Cup Sampler - 10/34.99
    5 - CAO Italia Ciao (5.0” x 56)
    5 - CAO Brazilia Gol! (5.0” x 56)

Brazil eliminated!
Interesting tidbit I just learned - Jamaica had to crowdfund for the money to actually get to the WC, as they didn't get any support from the Jamaican Football Federation.
I wonder if that will change now that they made it to the knock-out round. I doubt it though. In the end, it's about whether women's soccer makes money in Jamaica.
Clearly, it does not. A shame, really, to have to rely on the public after qualifying for the WC.

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2023, 09:49:38 AM »

I guess it was nice enough this morning for Figment to want to go out.

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2023, 09:59:52 AM »

I guess it was nice enough this morning for Figment to want to go out.
Or at least his owner wasn't blaming him for being lazy. ;)

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2023, 10:00:08 AM »

Hump Day Jammin':

Alec Bradley Project 40 Gordo - 5/21.50
CAO World Cup Sampler - 10/34.99
    5 - CAO Italia Ciao (5.0” x 56)
    5 - CAO Brazilia Gol! (5.0” x 56)
Nub Habano Sun Grown Double Perfecto - 5/24.99
5 Vegas Nicaragua Robusto - 10/39.99
Oliva 10-Cigar Sampler - 10/34.99
    2 - Oliva Serie 'O' Robusto (5" x 50)
    2 - Oliva Master Blends III Robusto (5" x 50)
    2 - Oliva Serie 'G' Robusto (4.5" x 50)
    2 - Oliva Serie 'G' Robusto Maduro (4.5" x 50)
    2 - Oliva Connecticut Reserve Robusto (5" x 50)
Macanudo Inspirado Orange Robusto Extra - 10/37.50
Big Papi by David Ortiz Toro - 5/24.99
Victor Sinclair Primeros Churchill - 10/29.99
Palio Original Cutter - Black - 19.99

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2023, 10:18:02 AM »

Bachelorhood is officially over.
Looked fun while it lasted.
True bachelorhood wouldn't have included a honey-do list. I didn't do much of it but it was still looming over me.
But you still were able to put your feet up and have a stogie or two.

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2023, 10:19:03 AM »

Hump Day Jammin':

CAO World Cup Sampler - 10/34.99
    5 - CAO Italia Ciao (5.0” x 56)
    5 - CAO Brazilia Gol! (5.0” x 56)

Brazil eliminated!
It ended 0-0, so it didn't happen. Panama/France took all the goals, that's the one I had on.
I also missed Italy getting eliminated. Therefore, that CAO sampler is completely useless.
Not useless, just didn't happen.

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2023, 10:20:21 AM »

I guess it was nice enough this morning for Figment to want to go out.
A little bit cooler, so upped it to about 3 miles this morning.

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2023, 10:31:04 AM »

Today is Wednesday, Aug. 2, the 214th day of 2023.
There are 151 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Aug. 2, 1923, the 29th president of the United States, Warren G. Harding, died in San Francisco; Vice President Calvin Coolidge became president.

On this date:

In 1776, members of the Second Continental Congress began attaching their signatures to the Declaration of Independence.

In 1873, inventor Andrew S. Hallidie (HAH’-lih-day) successfully tested a cable car he had designed for the city of San Francisco.

In 1876, frontiersman “Wild Bill” Hickok was shot and killed while playing poker at a saloon in Deadwood, Dakota Territory, by Jack McCall, who was later hanged.

In 1921, a jury in Chicago acquitted several former members of the Chicago White Sox baseball team and two others of conspiring to defraud the public in the notorious “Black Sox” scandal.

In 1922, Alexander Graham Bell, generally regarded as the inventor of the telephone, died in Nova Scotia, Canada, at age 75.

In 1934, German President Paul von Hindenburg died, paving the way for Adolf Hitler’s complete takeover.

In 1939, Albert Einstein signed a letter to President Franklin D. Roosevelt urging creation of an atomic weapons research program.

In 1945, President Harry S. Truman, Soviet leader Josef Stalin and Britain’s new prime minister, Clement Attlee, concluded the Potsdam conference.

In 1974, former White House counsel John W. Dean III was sentenced to one to four years in prison for obstruction of justice in the Watergate cover-up. (Dean ended up serving four months.)

In 1980, 85 people were killed when a bomb exploded at the train station in Bologna, Italy.

In 1985, 137 people were killed when Delta Air Lines Flight 191, a Lockheed L-1011 Tristar, crashed while attempting to land at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.

In 1990, Iraq invaded Kuwait, seizing control of the oil-rich emirate. (The Iraqis were later driven out by the U.S. in Operation Desert Storm.)

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2023, 10:32:49 AM »

Ten years ago: The United States issued an extraordinary global travel warning to Americans about the threat of an al-Qaida attack and closed down 21 embassies and consulates across the Muslim world for the weekend. Samantha Power was sworn in as the new United States Ambassador to the United Nations by Vice President Joe Biden, a day after the Senate approved her appointment by President Barack Obama 87-10.

Five years ago: Pope Francis decreed that the death penalty is “inadmissible” under all circumstances and the Catholic Church should campaign to abolish it. The Vatican said that Francis had amended the Catechism of the Catholic Church — the compilation of official Catholic teaching — to say that capital punishment can never be sanctioned because it constitutes an “attack” on the dignity of human beings. Apple became the world’s first publicly-traded company to be valued at $1 trillion. The Trump administration proposed weakening Obama-era mileage standards designed to make cars more fuel efficient and less polluting.

One year ago: U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi arrived in Taiwan, becoming the highest-ranking American official in 25 years to visit the self-ruled island claimed by China, which quickly announced that would will conduct military maneuvers in retaliation for her presence. The Justice Department filed a lawsuit challenging Idaho’s restrictive abortion law, arguing that it conflicts with a federal law requiring doctors to provide pregnant women medically necessary treatment that could include abortion. The San Diego Padres acquired superstar outfielder Juan Soto from the Washington Nationals in one of baseball’s biggest deals at the trade deadline

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2023, 10:34:50 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Rock musician Garth Hudson (The Band) is 86.
Singer Kathy Lennon (The Lennon Sisters) is 80.
Actor Joanna Cassidy is 78.
Actor Kathryn Harrold is 73.
Actor Butch Patrick (TV: “The Munsters”) is 70.
Rock music producer/drummer Butch Vig (Garbage) is 68.
Sen. Jacky Rosen, D-Nev., is 66.
Singer Mojo Nixon is 66.
Actor Victoria Jackson is 64.
Actor Apollonia is 64.
Actor Cynthia Stevenson is 61.
Actor Mary-Louise Parker is 59.
Rock musician John Stanier (Helmet) is 55.
Writer-actor-director Kevin Smith is 53.
Actor Jacinda Barrett is 51.
Actor Sam Worthington is 47.
Actor Edward Furlong is 46.
TV meteorologist Dylan Dreyer (TV: “Today”) is 42.
Actor Marci Miller is 38.
Singer Charli XCX is 31.
Actor Hallie Eisenberg is 31.

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2023, 10:35:15 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz Over/Under is 8

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2023, 10:37:40 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz Over/Under is 8
4

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2023, 10:38:27 AM »

Today's coinky dink is Sam Worthington and Edward Furlong both starring in Terminator movies.

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2023, 10:38:58 AM »

Hump Day Jammin':

Alec Bradley Project 40 Gordo - 5/21.50
CAO World Cup Sampler - 10/34.99
    5 - CAO Italia Ciao (5.0” x 56)
    5 - CAO Brazilia Gol! (5.0” x 56)
Nub Habano Sun Grown Double Perfecto - 5/24.99
5 Vegas Nicaragua Robusto - 10/39.99
Oliva 10-Cigar Sampler - 10/34.99
    2 - Oliva Serie 'O' Robusto (5" x 50)
    2 - Oliva Master Blends III Robusto (5" x 50)
    2 - Oliva Serie 'G' Robusto (4.5" x 50)
    2 - Oliva Serie 'G' Robusto Maduro (4.5" x 50)
    2 - Oliva Connecticut Reserve Robusto (5" x 50)
Macanudo Inspirado Orange Robusto Extra - 10/37.50
Big Papi by David Ortiz Toro - 5/24.99
Victor Sinclair Primeros Churchill - 10/29.99
Palio Original Cutter - Black - 19.99
Nub 464 Torpedo Cameroon - 10/39.99

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2023, 10:46:32 AM »

Page 3 is quickly running out...
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6