Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Ten years ago: Pope Benedict XVI bestowed the final Sunday blessing of his pontificate on a cheering crowd in St. Peter’s Square. At the Academy Awards, “Argo” won best picture while Ang Lee was named best director for “Life of Pi”; Daniel Day-Lewis won best actor for “Lincoln” while Jennifer Lawrence received the best actress award for “Silver Linings Playbook.” Jimmie Johnson won his second Daytona 500, beating his Hendrick Motorsports teammate Dale Earnhardt Jr., who made a late move to finish second. Danica Patrick, the first woman to win the pole, finished eighth.

Five years ago: The U.N. Security Council unanimously demanded a 30-day cease-fire across Syria to deliver humanitarian aid and evacuate the wounded, as the death toll reached 500 from a Syrian bombing campaign in the rebel-held suburbs of Damascus. (The cease-fire failed to take hold.) The body of the Rev. Billy Graham arrived at the library bearing his name in Charlotte, North Carolina, where Graham would lie in repose for two days. At the Winter Olympics in South Korea, American men won the gold medal in curling in a decisive upset of Sweden; it was only the second curling medal in U.S. history.

One year ago: Russia began a full-scale invasion of Ukraine, launching airstrikes on cities and military bases and sending troops and tanks from multiple directions. Ukraine’s government pleaded for help as civilians piled into trains and cars to flee the violence. World leaders condemned the attack and many promised sanctions. Three former Minneapolis police officers were convicted of violating George Floyd’s civil rights by depriving Floyd of his right to medical care when Officer Derek Chauvin pressed his knee into Floyd’s neck for 9 1/2 minutes as the 46-year-old Black man was handcuffed and facedown on the street.

Today’s birthdays:

Actor-singer Dominic Chianese is 92.
Opera singer-director Renata Scotto is 89.
Singer Joanie Sommers is 82.
Actor Jenny O’Hara is 81.
Former Sen. Joseph Lieberman, I-Conn., is 81.
Actor Barry Bostwick is 78.
Actor Edward James Olmos is 76.
Singer-writer-producer Rupert Holmes is 76.
Rock singer-musician George Thorogood is 73.
Actor Debra Jo Rupp is 72.
Actor Helen Shaver is 72.
News anchor Paula Zahn is 67.
Baseball Hall of Famer Eddie Murray is 67.
Country singer Sammy Kershaw is 65.
Actor Mark Moses is 65.
Actor Beth Broderick is 64.
Actor Emilio Rivera is 62.
Singer Michelle Shocked is 61.
Movie director Todd Field is 59.
Actor Billy Zane is 57.
Actor Bonnie Somerville is 49.
Jazz musician Jimmy Greene is 48.
Former boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. is 46.
Rock musician Matt McGinley (Gym Class Heroes) is 40.
Actor Wilson Bethel is 39.
Actor Alexander Koch is 35.
Actor Daniel Kaluuya (Film: “Get Out”) is 34.
Actor O’Shea Jackson Jr. is 32.

Today's Over/Under is 6
Raz Over/Under is 8

Today's Over/Under is 6
Raz Over/Under is 8
Right down Main St, 7.

Did anyone see my reference to Ghostbusters yesterday?
Saw it but didn't realize it was from Ghostbusters. I should probably see that again.
Maybe I'll watch the reboot instead?
I haven't seen the newest one, though I wanted to. I wonder if it's streaming at this point?
I just looked it up on Rotten Tomatoes. The first one scored 95. The second one only 55. The 2016 reboot with female cast got a 73. Now I'm curious.

If you happen to find it streaming FOR FREE, let me know where.
HBOmax is streaming the original. Have only found pay-per-view or regular TV versions, riddled with commercials, for the reboot.
Well, that's disappointing. Though, I did see the female version, which I thought wasn't bad.

Even thought we don't need the girls to get us to 3 today...

Today's Over/Under is 6
Raz Over/Under is 8
Eight!

These have been around for a while.  If you've never tried them, do yourself a favor...

https://www.cigarpage.com/joya-de-nicaragua-joya-cabinetta-toro-10pk.html

These have been around for a while.  If you've never tried them, do yourself a favor...

https://www.cigarpage.com/joya-de-nicaragua-joya-cabinetta-toro-10pk.html
I may just have to do that. Looks very tasty.

Don't know why they call it "The Top 25".  Its the usual list of 10ers with plenty of AB's and such...

https://www.cigarpage.com/the-chart-topping-smart-shopping-deal.html

Morning, muchachos.

Wordle 615 5/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟨🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

[...]

Ten. Though I wish it was nine. Nothing against Rupert Holmes, but I hate that song of his with a purple passion.

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page3Raz.

[...]

He was one of mine also.
Logged