Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2022, 10:12:31 AM »

Boy oh boy, is it frigid out there. I had to take my first call from home but I finally made it into the office. Feels like 11°.
It's full-on ridiculous out there. The average high for today is 51, let's get it together, Mother Nature.
Climate change?
You're really trying to stir things up, aren't you? ;)

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2022, 10:12:48 AM »

At least we finally got to page 2 and can let some other people in now.

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2022, 10:24:49 AM »

Good morning, boys and girls. I put that "girls" in there because I'm optimistic that one will stop by sometime to read it.
Or maybe someone will identify accordingly...

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2022, 10:25:50 AM »

Cigar.com:

Door #1 -  Graycliff G2 Maduro Pirate (Torpedo) (6.0"x52) - 10 / $34.99

Door #2 - HC Series Criollo Toro (6.5"x52) - 10 / $39.99

Door #3 -  Rocky Patel Broadleaf Super Toro (Gordo) (6.0"x60) - 10 / $44.99
Looks like a serious 2sDay lineup

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2022, 10:27:10 AM »

Good morning, boys and girls. I put that "girls" in there because I'm optimistic that one will stop by sometime to read it.
It's that sunny optimism that keeps us coming back every day.

Morning, CupHalfFullTony.
I might need to change it up because so many don't seem to be coming back at all.
Just need to attract a more robust sort, I suppose.
We have a type?
Two, blowhards and bots. Lol
Not nice to talk about Raz and me before we're even here.

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2022, 10:28:42 AM »

Boy oh boy, is it frigid out there. I had to take my first call from home but I finally made it into the office. Feels like 11°.
It's full-on ridiculous out there. The average high for today is 51, let's get it together, Mother Nature.
Yea, we're suffering here too...only going to get into the low 60's... ;)

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2022, 10:29:25 AM »

At least we finally got to page 2 and can let some other people in now.
You rang?

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2022, 10:29:53 AM »

Good morning, boys and girls. I put that "girls" in there because I'm optimistic that one will stop by sometime to read it.
It's that sunny optimism that keeps us coming back every day.

Morning, CupHalfFullTony.
I might need to change it up because so many don't seem to be coming back at all.
Just need to attract a more robust sort, I suppose.
We have a type?
Two, blowhards and bots. Lol
Not nice to talk about Raz and me before we're even here.
Did you just call me a bot?

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2022, 10:29:56 AM »

Boy oh boy, is it frigid out there. I had to take my first call from home but I finally made it into the office. Feels like 11°.
It's full-on ridiculous out there. The average high for today is 51, let's get it together, Mother Nature.
Yea, we're suffering here too...only going to get into the low 60's... ;)
Better put on the long underpants then!

Morning, BlowhardDave.

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2022, 10:43:28 AM »

Looked like Shaheen Holloway was going to Seton Hall, but that remains up in the air.  Couldn't understand why he wouldn't reach a bit higher, but apparently it's his alma mater.  Guess he wants to stay in Jersey.
His salary at St. Peters is $266,000. (probably lower by a decimal place than anyone he'd faced in the tourney.

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2022, 10:45:04 AM »

Good morning, boys and girls. I put that "girls" in there because I'm optimistic that one will stop by sometime to read it.
It's that sunny optimism that keeps us coming back every day.

Morning, CupHalfFullTony.
I might need to change it up because so many don't seem to be coming back at all.
Just need to attract a more robust sort, I suppose.
We have a type?
Two, blowhards and bots. Lol
Not nice to talk about Raz and me before we're even here.
Did you just call me a bot?
If the avi fits...

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2022, 10:47:36 AM »

Looked like Shaheen Holloway was going to Seton Hall, but that remains up in the air.  Couldn't understand why he wouldn't reach a bit higher, but apparently it's his alma mater.  Guess he wants to stay in Jersey.
His salary at St. Peters is $266,000. (probably lower by a decimal place than anyone he'd faced in the tourney.
At least.

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2022, 10:47:51 AM »

Good morning, boys and girls. I put that "girls" in there because I'm optimistic that one will stop by sometime to read it.
It's that sunny optimism that keeps us coming back every day.

Morning, CupHalfFullTony.
I might need to change it up because so many don't seem to be coming back at all.
Just need to attract a more robust sort, I suppose.
We have a type?
Two, blowhards and bots. Lol
Not nice to talk about Raz and me before we're even here.
Did you just call me a bot?
You've been called worse.

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2022, 10:50:16 AM »

Today is Tuesday, March 29, the 88th day of 2022. There are 277 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On March 29, 2004, President George W. Bush welcomed seven former Soviet-bloc nations (Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Latvia and Estonia) into NATO during a White House ceremony.

On this date:

In 1861, President Abraham Lincoln ordered plans for a relief expedition to sail to South Carolina’s Fort Sumter, which was still in the hands of Union forces despite repeated demands by the Confederacy that it be turned over.

In 1867, Britain’s Parliament passed, and Queen Victoria signed, the British North America Act creating the Dominion of Canada, which came into being the following July.

In 1943, World War II rationing of meat, fats and cheese began, limiting consumers to store purchases of an average of about two pounds a week for beef, pork, lamb and mutton using a coupon system.

In 1951, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were convicted in New York of conspiracy to commit espionage for the Soviet Union. (They were executed in June 1953.)

In 1971, Army Lt. William L. Calley Jr. was convicted of murdering 22 Vietnamese civilians in the 1968 My Lai (mee ly) massacre. (Calley ended up serving three years under house arrest.) A jury in Los Angeles recommended the death penalty for Charles Manson and three female followers for the 1969 Tate-La Bianca murders. (The sentences were commuted when the California state Supreme Court struck down the death penalty in 1972.)

In 1973, the last United States combat troops left South Vietnam, ending America’s direct military involvement in the Vietnam War.

In 1974, eight Ohio National Guardsmen were indicted on federal charges stemming from the shooting deaths of four students at Kent State University. (The charges were later dismissed.)

In 1984, under cover of early morning darkness, the Baltimore Colts football team left its home city of three decades and moved to Indianapolis.

In 2002, Israeli troops stormed Yasser Arafat’s headquarters complex in the West Bank in a raid that was launched in response to anti-Israeli attacks that had killed 30 people in three days.

In 2010, two female suicide bombers blew themselves up in twin attacks on Moscow subway stations jam-packed with rush-hour passengers, killing at least 40 people and wounding more than 100.

In 2020, country singer Joe Diffie, who had a string of hits in the 1990s, died at 61 from what a spokesman said were complications from COVID-19.

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2022, 10:51:27 AM »

Ten years ago: A divided House approved, 228-191, a $3.6 trillion Republican budget recasting Medicare and imposing sweeping cuts in domestic programs.

Five years ago: Britain filed for divorce from the European Union as Prime Minister Theresa May sent a six-page letter to EU Council President Donald Tusk. Two former aides to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie were sentenced to prison for creating a colossal traffic jam at the George Washington Bridge for political revenge, a scandal that sank Christie’s White House hopes.

One year ago: The former Minneapolis police officer charged with killing George Floyd went on trial with prosecutors showing the jury video of Derek Chauvin pressing his knee on the Black man’s neck for several minutes as onlookers yelled at him repeatedly to get off and Floyd gasped that he couldn’t breathe. (Chauvin would be convicted of murder and manslaughter and sentenced to 22 1/2 years in prison.) Salvage teams dislodged a huge container ship that had blocked the Suez Canal for six days. The Biden administration extended a federal moratorium on evictions of tenants who’d fallen behind on rent during the coronavirus pandemic.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4