CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: 2/15/2019  (Read 6845 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 2/15/2019
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2019, 08:56:31 AM »

AUSTIN (KXAN) -- An Austin area lawmaker wants to honor World War II veteran Richard Overton by designating part of Airport Boulevard as the Richard Overton Memorial Highway.
Sounds like a fine thing for them to do.
The city needs to rename that entire road something other than "Airport Blvd", so yeah, do it.  The airport hasn't been on that road for 20 years.
And it's confusing for visiting commies.
Indeed.  And lord knows they're confused enough already.
And what used to be the airport on airport rd is now the commie of commies living green development.  The city controls the thermostat in your house there.

A New Urban Village
The ambitious effort to redevelop Robert Mueller Municipal Airport into a mixed-use urban village in the heart of the city has helped Austin chart new directions. Mueller is envisioned as a sustainable community that is meeting extensive goals in housing and economic development.

“1984” is no coincidence either!

As early as 1984, the CARE plan called for a new town in-town, promoting compact and higher density development, compatible with the surrounding single-family neighborhoods. In 1996, a 16-member task force representing a complete spectrum of Austin interests reiterated this vision, calling for the creation of a compact and pedestrian-oriented, mixed-use community.
Definitely no coincidence, since we've been living in 1984 since early 2017.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2019, 08:56:42 AM »

I like the added touch of additional birthdays. Susan Brownmiller sounds like it could be one of Dean's girlfriends.
why is that?

Threebean

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2019, 09:01:49 AM »

I like the added touch of additional birthdays. Susan Brownmiller sounds like it could be one of Dean's girlfriends.
why is that?
I was wondering that myself. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2019, 09:03:01 AM »

AUSTIN (KXAN) -- An Austin area lawmaker wants to honor World War II veteran Richard Overton by designating part of Airport Boulevard as the Richard Overton Memorial Highway.
The city needs to rename that entire road something other than "Airport Blvd", so yeah, do it.  The airport hasn't been on that road for 20 years.
And what used to be the airport on airport rd is now the commie of commies living green development.  The city controls the thermostat in your house there.

A New Urban Village
The ambitious effort to redevelop Robert Mueller Municipal Airport into a mixed-use urban village in the heart of the city has helped Austin chart new directions. Mueller is envisioned as a sustainable community that is meeting extensive goals in housing and economic development.

As early as 1984, the CARE plan called for a new town in-town, promoting compact and higher density development, compatible with the surrounding single-family neighborhoods. In 1996, a 16-member task force representing a complete spectrum of Austin interests reiterated this vision, calling for the creation of a compact and pedestrian-oriented, mixed-use community.
GFY

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2019, 09:07:45 AM »

A New Urban Village

GFY
Sorry if I hurt your feelings, I know how delicate you can be. I meant to say we've always been at war with Eastasia.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2019, 09:18:59 AM »

why is that?
Mostly because she's old. But also because she wrote a book called, Against Our Will: Men, Women, and Rape.

#MeToo

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2019, 09:22:04 AM »

A New Urban Village

GFY
Sorry if I hurt your feelings, I know how delicate you can be. I meant to say we've always been at war with Eastasia.
Only feelings I have are that you are a gullible snowflake that lost.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2019, 09:22:35 AM »

why is that?
Mostly because she's old. But also because she wrote a book called, Against Our Will: Men, Women, and Rape.

#MeToo
wrong category.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2019, 09:23:43 AM »

@Tony, when is the banter safe room going to be ready? 😅

Threebean

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2019, 09:25:05 AM »

A New Urban Village

GFY

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2019, 09:31:11 AM »

A New Urban Village

GFY
Uh oh, I think your insult button is stuck on repeat. It might be time for your nap already.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2019, 09:32:44 AM »

why is that?

#MeToo
wrong category.
It wasn't funny and I almost deleted it instead of elaborating. But then, what would happen to our post count?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2019, 09:32:57 AM »

A New Urban Village

GFY
Uh oh, I think your insult button is stuck on repeat. It might be time for your nap already.
Sorry, I mean "Executive Time".

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2019, 09:33:42 AM »

why is that?

#MeToo
wrong category.
It wasn't funny and I almost deleted it instead of elaborating. But then, what would happen to our post count?
I want my CI post count added to my current post count!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2019, 09:34:03 AM »

@Tony, when is the banter safe room going to be ready?
Sorry, that's not in the plans. You should have read the disclaimer in the first post.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9