Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 06:45:43 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI is 91. Actor Peter Mark Richman is 91. Singer Bobby Vinton is 83. Denmark's Queen Margrethe II is 78. Basketball Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is 71. Former Massachusetts first lady Ann Romney is 69. Alaska Gov. Bill Walker is 67. NFL coach Bill Belichick is 66. Rock singer and former politician Peter Garrett is 65. Actress Ellen Barkin is 64. Actor Michel Gill is 58. Rock musician Jason Scheff (Chicago) is 56. Singer Jimmy Osmond is 55. Rock singer David Pirner (Soul Asylum) is 54. Actor-comedian Martin Lawrence is 53. Actor Jon Cryer is 53. Rock musician Dan Rieser is 52. Actor Peter Billingsley is 47. Actor Lukas Haas is 42. Actress-singer Kelli O'Hara is 42. Actress Claire Foy (TV: "The Crown") is 34. Figure skater Mirai Nagasu is 25. Actress Sadie Sink is 16.
Also looks like it would've been Barry's birthday, may he rest in peace.
To Barry!

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 06:54:06 AM »

[...]
Yea, I saw that last night.

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 06:54:42 AM »

Morning Mr. Dave and Mr. Tony.

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 06:55:09 AM »

Out into the monsoon I go.  Wish me luck.

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 06:55:51 AM »

[...]
Was that a Facebook thing?

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2018, 06:56:24 AM »

Out into the monsoon I go.  Wish me luck.
Yeah it isn't pretty. Good luck to you.

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2018, 07:07:42 AM »

[...]
Indeed. His profile is still out there, so I still get reminders on his birthday every year.

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2018, 07:08:49 AM »

Out into the monsoon I go.  Wish me luck.
I had a small river running down my street yesterday. Nothing was backed up or anything, there was just so much rain so quickly, and the ground is totally saturated, so there was nowhere else for it go to. It was running fast into the sewers.

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2018, 07:10:41 AM »

Out into the monsoon I go.  Wish me luck.
I had a small river running down my street yesterday. Nothing was backed up or anything, there was just so much rain so quickly, and the ground is totally saturated, so there was nowhere else for it go to. It was running fast into the sewers.
I had to walk across a few streams on my way in today.

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2018, 07:26:21 AM »

Out into the monsoon I go.  Wish me luck.
I had a small river running down my street yesterday. Nothing was backed up or anything, there was just so much rain so quickly, and the ground is totally saturated, so there was nowhere else for it go to. It was running fast into the sewers.
I had to walk across a few streams on my way in today.
I hear Drumpf had a similar situation in Russia once...

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2018, 07:52:51 AM »

Out into the monsoon I go.  Wish me luck.
I had a small river running down my street yesterday. Nothing was backed up or anything, there was just so much rain so quickly, and the ground is totally saturated, so there was nowhere else for it go to. It was running fast into the sewers.
I had to walk across a few streams on my way in today.
Just heard from the wife trying to take the kids to school. Normal road we'd take is completely shut down. That area seems to flood whenever we have any decent amount of rain.

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2018, 08:17:05 AM »

Memorial Service Part #2:
so the service ends and we have a friend of her husband from NC with us. he arrived 2 days earlier and we made arrangements for him to place a rose on his FIL grave before we left. well, the lady went balistic that we stopped to take the time, everyone was now ahead of us and we had to open the community center for the memorial service back home. so I told the guy I would bring him down the next morning. the lady is bitching about 'being late' when we had the key to the community center and I called the mayor and lady from the water dept to unlock for us but couldn't get them on the phone. I was accused of having the phone after locking up the night before after the meeting and setting up the tables and chairs, when in fact she had the key to lock up when I left as she brought food and desserts into the kitchen. so she's in melt down mode at me about the key. what did I do with the key, is it at the community center, is it in her car, in her purse, we still have more food to bring in, everybody's going to be waiting. she called her family in the other six cars that followed me down who are on their way back and everyone of them is taking a different route and that's all my fault. at this point I want to scream at her, slap her, or stop the truck and throw her out, but I do nothing, just kept my mouth shut and drive to her place. we load more food and head to the community center which is open and women are working in the kitchen, people are milling around talking and eating. I fixed a plate of food, sit with two of the towns commissioners and mind my own business. when I finished eating I grabbed a cup of coffee and went outside and lit a cigar. three hours later it's over, I'm taking family pictures and putting all the tables and chairs away alone, the leftover foid is loaded in my truck, I do a walkthrough of the community center and lock up. after the foids got put away and kids left I sat the lady down and told her I knew it was going to be the most emotional and stressful day she would experience since the day her husband died but I didn't expect her to be such a selfish self centered controlling bitch. she apologised, had no clue.

yesterday morning after she had her family over to talk a bit she left for Eastpoint/St George Island - alone. this is a huge step for her. she has NEVER been alone before, never travelled someplace where there wasn't someone waiting at the other end, she has never gone into a restaurant alone and had a meal. she was so scattered yesterday as I was setting up her GPS that she started to leave and realized she didn't have her dogs, I had already loaded them in the back seat for her and she didn't even know it.

I need the break.

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2018, 08:22:18 AM »

[...]
he's not forgotten.

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2018, 08:22:37 AM »

That was quite the tale, Dean. Glad I went back and read part 1.

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2018, 08:23:31 AM »

[...]
Speaking of not forgotten, I wonder how Jeff is doing these days.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5