Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Thought for Today: "I found more joy in sorrow / Than you could find in joy." - Sara Teasdale, American author and poet (1884-1933).
One of those couplets that sounds really deep and introspective, but says exactly zip. The whole point of poetry is to say something, not to merely seem to say something.
It is also only one line.  As I don't know the poet or the poem, no telling if in context it means more or less.  Just a cut an paste from the AP feed.  Usually good for some conversation around here.
If you consider GFY  or Comme Bastard a conversation anyway

Very nice nap completed, rested and ready for the evening.

Time to pick a smoke and open a beer.

AF Hemingway Signature lit and a SweetWater 420

Small thunderstorms scattered all around the area but it has cooled it down some.

OK, let's try another one of these Cloud Hoppers...
Better experience this time around.  Might have overpowered it with beverage selection last time.  Nice smoke but still didn't hit the wow button.

Thought for Today: "I found more joy in sorrow / Than you could find in joy." - Sara Teasdale, American author and poet (1884-1933).
One of those couplets that sounds really deep and introspective, but says exactly zip. The whole point of poetry is to say something, not to merely seem to say something.
It is also only one line.  As I don't know the poet or the poem, no telling if in context it means more or less.  Just a cut an paste from the AP feed.  Usually good for some conversation around here.
If you consider GFY or Comme Bastard a conversation anyway.
SCDave's a poet and don't know it.  "GFY ya Commie Bastard".  Simple but universal in its appeal.

Thought for Today: "I found more joy in sorrow / Than you could find in joy." - Sara Teasdale, American author and poet (1884-1933).
One of those couplets that sounds really deep and introspective, but says exactly zip. The whole point of poetry is to say something, not to merely seem to say something.
It is also only one line.  As I don't know the poet or the poem, no telling if in context it means more or less.  Just a cut an paste from the AP feed.  Usually good for some conversation around here.
If you consider GFY or Comme Bastard a conversation anyway.
SCDave's a poet and don't know it.  "GFY ya Commie Bastard".  Simple but universal in its appeal.
LOL

Thought for Today: "I found more joy in sorrow / Than you could find in joy." - Sara Teasdale, American author and poet (1884-1933).
One of those couplets that sounds really deep and introspective, but says exactly zip. The whole point of poetry is to say something, not to merely seem to say something.
It is also only one line.  As I don't know the poet or the poem, no telling if in context it means more or less.  Just a cut an paste from the AP feed.  Usually good for some conversation around here.
If you consider GFY or Comme Bastard a conversation anyway.
SCDave's a poet and don't know it.  "GFY ya Commie Bastard".  Simple but universal in its appeal.
LOL
But today's was so bad I had to hit the bullshit button!

Funny thing is when Chip did them I don't remember them regularly being Commie generated thoughts.

Thought for Today: "I found more joy in sorrow / Than you could find in joy." - Sara Teasdale, American author and poet (1884-1933).
One of those couplets that sounds really deep and introspective, but says exactly zip. The whole point of poetry is to say something, not to merely seem to say something.
It is also only one line.  As I don't know the poet or the poem, no telling if in context it means more or less.  Just a cut an paste from the AP feed.  Usually good for some conversation around here.
If you consider GFY or Comme Bastard a conversation anyway.
SCDave's a poet and don't know it.  "GFY ya Commie Bastard".  Simple but universal in its appeal.
LOL
But today's was so bad I had to hit the bullshit button!

Funny thing is when Chip did them I don't remember them regularly being Commie generated thoughts.
I appreciate the effort and the posts that the quotes generate. We won't be able to recognize the good ones without seeing some shitty ones from time to time.

[...]

Mayor been smoking the Swisher Sweets?

[...]

Such as "Chances are, if your parents didn't have any children, you won't either!".

[...]

nope, them Robert Burns, Black Watch

[...]

That's deep, Flip.

Thought for Today: "I found more joy in sorrow / Than you could find in joy." - Sara Teasdale, American author and poet (1884-1933).
One of those couplets that sounds really deep and introspective, but says exactly zip. The whole point of poetry is to say something, not to merely seem to say something.
It is also only one line.  As I don't know the poet or the poem, no telling if in context it means more or less.  Just a cut an paste from the AP feed.  Usually good for some conversation around here.
If you consider GFY or Comme Bastard a conversation anyway.
SCDave's a poet and don't know it.  "GFY ya Commie Bastard".  Simple but universal in its appeal.
LOL
But today's was so bad I had to hit the bullshit button!

Funny thing is when Chip did them I don't remember them regularly being Commie generated thoughts.
Chip got the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe we need to dip into the Yogi for inspiration...

1. When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

2. You can observe a lot by just watching.

3. It ain’t over till it’s over.

4. It’s like déjà vu all over again.

5. No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded.

6. Baseball is 90% mental and the other half is physical.

7. A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.

8. Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours.

9. We made too many wrong mistakes.

10. Congratulations. I knew the record would stand until it was broken.

11. You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I’m not hungry enough to eat six.

12. You wouldn’t have won if we’d beaten you.

13. I usually take a two-hour nap from one to four.

14. Never answer an anonymous letter.

15. Slump? I ain’t in no slump… I just ain’t hitting.

16. How can you think and hit at the same time?

17. The future ain’t what it used to be.

18. I tell the kids, somebody’s gotta win, somebody’s gotta lose. Just don’t fight about it. Just try to get better.

19. It gets late early out here.

20. If the people don’t want to come out to the ballpark, nobody’s going to stop them.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8