Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

all set for the move. all utilities and insurance in place. Bank acct has $27 and change in it. Woohoo, money left over.
LOL, but don't you have 2 weeks to go?

Working from home, having an Umbagog courtesy of NJDave, quite nice

Lunch and errands done, time for a little rest.  Hot as hell out with the sun and humidity.

Working from home, having an Umbagog courtesy of NJDave, quite nice
Sitting on my ass at home

Working from home, having an Umbagog courtesy of NJDave, quite nice
Somewhat like the Nica Rustica but a bit better

Working from home, having an Umbagog courtesy of NJDave, quite nice
I've got class tonight but I came in extra early this morning so I'm thinking of sneaking out shortly to squeeze in a smoke.

Morning Daves, Fish, Dean, and Mr. Mayor.  78 deg, 76 dew point.  Another sauna day weather-wise in store here.
Morning Bean, afternoon saunas everyday here even though the temps are a little lower than yours.

Guess it was not your skeleton they found up there yesterday. :o
Not me.  Not yet, anyway.
Better check to make sure. You might be dead.
TWSS

OK, let's try another one of these Cloud Hoppers...

OK, let's try another one of these Cloud Hoppers...
Alright, EarlyAdopterDave on top of things.

Working from home, having an Umbagog courtesy of NJDave, quite nice
I've got class tonight but I came in extra early this morning so I'm thinking of sneaking out shortly to squeeze in a smoke.

Working from home, having an Umbagog courtesy of NJDave, quite nice
Careful how you say that.... :o

all set for the move. all utilities and insurance in place. Bank acct has $27 and change in it. Woohoo, money left over.
So no chair buying for you.

Thought for Today: "I found more joy in sorrow / Than you could find in joy." - Sara Teasdale, American author and poet (1884-1933).
One of those couplets that sounds really deep and introspective, but says exactly zip. The whole point of poetry is to say something, not to merely seem to say something.
It is also only one line.  As I don't know the poet or the poem, no telling if in context it means more or less.  Just a cut an paste from the AP feed.  Usually good for some conversation around here.

Went with a made for Atlantic exclusive Viaje 20th Anniversary, courtesy of NJDave. Barely lit and already it's delicious. Very smooth retrohale, tasty dried fruit notes, and impeccable construction. Tons of smoke production too.

Thought for Today: "I found more joy in sorrow / Than you could find in joy." - Sara Teasdale, American author and poet (1884-1933).
One of those couplets that sounds really deep and introspective, but says exactly zip. The whole point of poetry is to say something, not to merely seem to say something.
It is also only one line.  As I don't know the poet or the poem, no telling if in context it means more or less.  Just a cut an paste from the AP feed.  Usually good for some conversation around here.
I write poetry and lyrics. I'm a hack, but I try to do it well. But being a hack, I know hackery when I see it, so that's why I commented. Teasdale may have written some really brilliant stuff. This isn't it. Among the rules for writing good poetry is this: let words mean what they mean. If you need a new word, make a new word up (cf L. Carroll, W. Shakespeare). But don't try to change the meaning of the word.

Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8