Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/30/2017
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 08:07:26 AM »

Good morning, BotL.

Good day to U2...
Last night was.

I see that. You musta had those tickets tucked away for awhile... or you may be the biggest U2 fan I know. What, with that whole check fiasco and all.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/30/2017
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 08:09:00 AM »

G'Morning, Golf... looks like you're running the show today.
That makes him the DIC? (Dave In Charge)
I've been called worse.

It's still early. Give the day a chance to play out.

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2017, 08:10:06 AM »

No cigar for me today. Had to rush home because I have an event for Daughter #1, immediately followed by a U2 concert.

Edit: Not really looking forward to the show. The older I get, the more I hate concerts people.
+1
Wound up being a great show. Probably the best seats I've ever had too.

Those guys are old!

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2017, 08:10:43 AM »

Good morning, BotL.

Good day to U2...
Last night was.

I see that. You musta had those tickets tucked away for awhile... or you may be the biggest U2 fan I know. What, with that whole check fiasco and all.
My good buddy procured the tickets a while back. I almost forgot about it until he texted me earlier in the week.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/30/2017
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 08:11:03 AM »

So, Golf... do any of your big weekend plans revolve around going to see Despicable M3

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 08:11:53 AM »

G'Morning, Golf... looks like you're running the show today.
Sure seems that way. Morning, Steve.

Other Dave's must be sleeping in to store up some extra energy for the long weekend.
Actually jumped into some prep work that I was planning on doing last night if I hadn't gotten in 2 1/2 hours late.

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2017, 08:12:16 AM »

No cigar for me today. Had to rush home because I have an event for Daughter #1, immediately followed by a U2 concert.

Edit: Not really looking forward to the show. The older I get, the more I hate concerts people.
+1
Wound up being a great show. Probably the best seats I've ever had too.

Those guys are old!
Yes.

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2017, 08:13:03 AM »

G'Morning, Golf... looks like you're running the show today.
That makes him the DIC? (Dave In Charge)
I've been called worse.
(but rarely in charge)   ;)

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2017, 08:13:11 AM »

Good morning guys. Hot and sunny again today :-)
I have a bit more running around to do and then I think I'll meet the redhead on her boat for lunch and maybe the rest of the weekend.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/30/2017
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2017, 08:14:08 AM »

G'Morning, Golf... looks like you're running the show today.
Sure seems that way. Morning, Steve.

Other Dave's must be sleeping in to store up some extra energy for the long weekend.
Actually jumped into some prep work that I was planning on doing last night if I hadn't gotten in 2 1/2 hours late.

I'm guessing not food prep.

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2017, 08:14:33 AM »

Good morning DaveInCharge, UNTony and EarlyMorningSteve.

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2017, 08:15:01 AM »

So, Golf... do any of your big weekend plans revolve around going to see Despicable M3
Mine do. My one son is pretty pissed that Captain Underpants came and went without us getting around to going.

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2017, 08:16:58 AM »

Good morning DaveInCharge, UNTony and EarlyMorningSteve.
Back atcha. And you too, Deano.

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2017, 08:17:24 AM »

Today is Friday, June 30, the 181st day of 2017. There are 184 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On June 30, 1997, the Union Jack was lowered for the last time over Government House in Hong Kong as Britain prepared to hand the colony back to China at midnight after ruling it for 156 years.

On this date:

In 1859, French acrobat Charles Blondin (blahn-DAN') walked back and forth on a tightrope above the gorge of Niagara Falls as thousands of spectators watched.

In 1865, eight people, including Mary Surratt and Dr. Samuel Mudd, were convicted by a military commission of conspiring with John Wilkes Booth, the assassin of President Abraham Lincoln. (Four defendants, including Surratt, were executed; Mudd was sentenced to life in prison, but was pardoned by President Andrew Johnson in 1869.)

In 1892, small frogs rained down on Moseley, England, south of Birmingham. (According to an account quoted in the U.S. Agriculture Department's Monthly Weather Review for May 1917, the frogs, described as "almost white in color," were found "scattered about several gardens" and had "evidently been absorbed in a small waterspout" during a storm.)

In 1908, the Tunguska Event took place in Russia as an asteroid exploded above Siberia, leaving 800 square miles of scorched or blown-down trees.

In 1917, singer, actress and activist Lena Horne was born in Brooklyn, New York.

In 1936, the Civil War novel "Gone with the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell was first published by The Macmillan Co. in New York.

In 1949, "The Missouri Waltz" became the official state song of Missouri.

In 1952, "The Guiding Light," a popular radio program, began a 57-year television run on CBS.

In 1963, Pope Paul VI was crowned the 262nd head of the Roman Catholic Church.

In 1966, the National Organization for Women (NOW) was founded in Washington, D.C.

In 1977, President Jimmy Carter announced he had decided against production of the Rockwell B-1 bomber, saying it was too costly. (However, the B-1 was later revived by President Ronald Reagan.)

In 1985, 39 American hostages from a hijacked TWA jetliner were freed in Beirut after being held 17 days.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/30/2017
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2017, 08:17:27 AM »

Good morning guys. Hot and sunny again today :-)
I have a bit more running around to do and then I think I'll meet the redhead on her boat for lunch and maybe the rest of the weekend.

G'Morning, ManInTheBoat... rainy here. Booo
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10