CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 17, 2016, 12:00:13 AM

Title: 10/17/2016
Post by: CigarBanter on October 17, 2016, 12:00:13 AM
Dang, it's Monday again?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 12:44:59 AM
In case it hasn't been reported...Steve Otamura - SteveO- died at 12:20 this afternoon (Sunday).  He went with his wife holding his hand.

My heart is broken today.  I never got to meet him face-to-face, but he was my friend.  We talked online about cigars and guns and marriage and Front Sight.  When I bought those FNS-40s, he sent me three holsters for them and I use them all the time.  I'm wearing one of them as I write this.

He was a soldier, and the men he commanded loved him because he deeply understood when it was time to do things "by the book" and when it was time to let the guard down and let things slide.  He was a patriot, a soldier, and a good friend.  I'm going to miss him terribly.

Fuk'n sucks.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 01:39:51 AM
In case it hasn't been reported...Steve Otamura - SteveO- died at 12:20 this afternoon (Sunday).  He went with his wife holding his hand.

My heart is broken today.  I never got to meet him face-to-face, but he was my friend.  We talked online about cigars and guns and marriage and Front Sight.  When I bought those FNS-40s, he sent me three holsters for them and I use them all the time.  I'm wearing one of them as I write this.

He was a soldier, and the men he commanded loved him because he deeply understood when it was time to do things "by the book" and when it was time to let the guard down and let things slide.  He was a patriot, a soldier, and a good friend.  I'm going to miss him terribly.

Fuk'n sucks.
I'm truly sorry for your loss, Bret. It was posted on yesterday's banter and we are all mourning the loss of our BotL. Unfortunately, Chip's wife also past away yesterday around the same time. It's been a horrible month for our banter friends. May Steve and Elva rest in eternal peace.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 02:05:02 AM
[...]

Damn. Just a bad day all over.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on October 17, 2016, 03:08:21 AM
I just wanted to say thanks to you guys for having been there for me this past year.  I know I haven't posted in awhile because of first my mom and then my wife, but I wanted to let you guys know that when things were bad I knew I could come here to get away from what was going on and was comforted. I also got hit with Steve's death this afternoon, Steve was also a very good friend and he and my wife's timeline this last two months were so similar in that they both started having problems at the same time, they both went home and back to the hospital at the same time and they both died at the same time.
I wil always be greatful for the friendships I gained on here and I know I will still be coming back here this next week to try and help me cope with the loss of my wife and my best friend.  The last 2 months have been very hard and it may be months before I can begin to cope with this.
Please keep my family and I and my wife's twin in your prayers.
Please everyone hug your wife or girlfriend today and tell them you love them, don't take it for granted they will be here tomorrow and lose your chance.
Thank you guys.
Chip
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2016, 05:06:25 AM
Chip, please remember that you are not alone...we are always here for you. Our hearts are saddened by your loss and our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

It's been a rough year for losing friends and family. My baby sister passed away this year due to the pain of drug addiction she couldn't overcome. I remember the hope I felt when I took her to her first 12 step meeting and saw her on the way to recovery. That was 30 years ago and she suffered dearly. At least now I know she is at peace and no longer has to suffer.

Then we lost Barry, our Canadian friend. He visited me every year on his way back from Cigar Fest, got to meet my 'deadbeat family', shared cigars, laughter, and life. Then I got the opportunity to attend Cigar Fest 2013 and was treated to the life of Barry, the King of Cigar Fest. The greatest experience I had with Barry was the year I drove up to visit him for a weekend, meeting his parents, his kids, his community. He had a huge heart and I've never heard him speak poorly of anyone. I am still in a bit of shock, not believing that I will ever see him again.

Steve O. was a surprise too. I sent cigars to the troops while he was serving overseas and he got me joined into the Combat Cigar Lounge. Even so far as to sending me a tee shirt. Somewhere I have pictures of him and the troops enjoying some of the cigars I sent. The surprise gift I received from Steve when he returned home were a nice little cigar bomb. Stupid me not paying attention didn't realize that there were two dozen Cubans.

Regardless of what life throws at us, we have memories to help sustain us, to help cope, to help ease the pain.

So, it's Monday, and I love Mondays, even with a saddened heart.

Cusano 18 connie robust and coffee going here. If anybody has plans for a cigar herf tonight in remembrance of our passed loved ones and friends, I would be honored to smoke in the memory.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 05:28:32 AM
Morning Dean, it is certainly a sad day for all of us at the Cigar Banter.

Funny thing how many of us become close friends without ever laying eyes on each other and such is the case with Chip for me but it is certainly high on my list to get over to meet him.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2016, 05:34:07 AM
Morning Dean, it is certainly a sad day for all of us at the Cigar Banter.

Funny thing how many of us become close friends without ever laying eyes on each other and such is the case with Chip for me but it is certainly high on my list to get over to meet him.

Good morning Dave. Yes, visiting Chip is on my bucket list. Has been since I moved to Florida. I have quite a few BOTL that I'd like to visit seeing how much closer to them I am living down here.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 05:58:00 AM
Morning Dean, it is certainly a sad day for all of us at the Cigar Banter.

Funny thing how many of us become close friends without ever laying eyes on each other and such is the case with Chip for me but it is certainly high on my list to get over to meet him.

Good morning Dave. Yes, visiting Chip is on my bucket list. Has been since I moved to Florida. I have quite a few BOTL that I'd like to visit seeing how much closer to them I am living down here.
My brother lives only a couple of hours from Chip so I will get down there sometime before I move.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 05:58:44 AM
Work calls guess I will get ready and head to town.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2016, 06:14:58 AM
Work calls guess I will get ready and head to town.
I am relaxing until I get to Home Depot to return 'parts' for the drainage system. PITA making multiple trips for being too impatient and not getting the right stuff, TWICE.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2016, 06:55:05 AM
cigar #2, Leonino robusto and still more coffee.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 07:08:06 AM
In case it hasn't been reported...Steve Otamura - SteveO- died at 12:20 this afternoon (Sunday).  He went with his wife holding his hand.

My heart is broken today.  I never got to meet him face-to-face, but he was my friend.  We talked online about cigars and guns and marriage and Front Sight.  When I bought those FNS-40s, he sent me three holsters for them and I use them all the time.  I'm wearing one of them as I write this.

He was a soldier, and the men he commanded loved him because he deeply understood when it was time to do things "by the book" and when it was time to let the guard down and let things slide.  He was a patriot, a soldier, and a good friend.  I'm going to miss him terribly.

Fuk'n sucks.
+1
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 07:12:05 AM
Mondays suck...and this one especially. Heavy heart.
Heading to Denver through Chicago today, be well all.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 07:16:01 AM
[...]
I'll do it for you, Chip. But I won't be happy about it. 😃

Seriously though, please let us know if we can help in any way besides to being a distraction.

And again, I'm deeply sorry for your loss.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 07:17:15 AM
Mondays suck...and this one especially. Heavy heart.
Heading to Denver through Chicago today, be well all.
Be safe, Dave.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 07:21:19 AM

...Cusano 18 connie robust and coffee going here. If anybody has plans for a cigar herf tonight in remembrance of our passed loved ones and friends, I would be honored to smoke in the memory.
Let's see what we can muster up. I'd be game.

And a proper good morning to all.

Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 07:37:40 AM
Morning Tony and Travellin Dave, be safe in your travels Dave.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 07:39:28 AM
Seems to be no air conditioning in our office this morning, hot in here!  If not fixed soon guess we will all go home for the day.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 07:47:00 AM
Good morning Dave, Dean, and Mr. Mayor.  And Chip, we all have the schitt enter our lives at some point, there's no avoiding it, but damn, dude, I don't know what to say.  We all feel for you, pray for you, and will be thinking of you in the coming days.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 07:47:00 AM
Seems to be no air conditioning in our office this morning, hot in here!  If not fixed soon guess we will all go home for the day.
Mondays are always hot and Fridays are always cold. That's just the way of office a/c.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 07:48:14 AM
Happy Monday, Mark.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 07:51:47 AM
Seems to be no air conditioning in our office this morning, hot in here!  If not fixed soon guess we will all go home for the day.
Mondays are always hot and Fridays are always cold. That's just the way of office a/c.
True but ours is not blowing any air at all meaning it is really hot.  good news is  state law requires the air be circulating or they have to close the building.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 07:52:00 AM
Morning Bean
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 07:54:54 AM
Morning Tony and Travellin Dave, be safe in your travels Dave.
Looks like we're gonna get a little bit of a heatwave here this week. It's about 60° now but getting to 80s the next three days. Kinda unusual for mid October in these parts.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 07:57:35 AM
Morning Tony and Travellin Dave, be safe in your travels Dave.
Looks like we're gonna get a little bit of a heatwave here this week. It's about 60° now but getting to 80s the next three days. Kinda unusual for mid October in these parts.
Been unseasonably warm here for the last week, also.  Thanks, CO2 belchin' 1st world economies!
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 08:01:15 AM
Morning Tony and Travellin Dave, be safe in your travels Dave.
Looks like we're gonna get a little bit of a heatwave here this week. It's about 60° now but getting to 80s the next three days. Kinda unusual for mid October in these parts.
Been unseasonably warm here for the last week, also.  Thanks, CO2 belchin' 1st world economies!
Canadian front moving in here around Thursday and high Friday is supposed to me around 75.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2016, 08:01:31 AM
good morning Traveling Dave, Mark, and Tony.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 08:02:16 AM
Seems to be no air conditioning in our office this morning, hot in here!  If not fixed soon guess we will all go home for the day.
Mondays are always hot and Fridays are always cold. That's just the way of office a/c.
True but ours is not blowing any air at all meaning it is really hot.  good news is  state law requires the air be circulating or they have to close the building.
Cleared to evacuate the  building and go home.  But the traffic is so bad at this time of the morning that might not be all so good either.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2016, 08:03:02 AM
Morning Tony and Travellin Dave, be safe in your travels Dave.
Looks like we're gonna get a little bit of a heatwave here this week. It's about 60° now but getting to 80s the next three days. Kinda unusual for mid October in these parts.
Been unseasonably warm here for the last week, also.  Thanks, CO2 belchin' 1st world economies!
could be the political pollution from Hillary and Donny.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 08:03:51 AM
Seems to be no air conditioning in our office this morning, hot in here!  If not fixed soon guess we will all go home for the day.
Mondays are always hot and Fridays are always cold. That's just the way of office a/c.
True but ours is not blowing any air at all meaning it is really hot.  good news is  state law requires the air be circulating or they have to close the building.
Cleared to evacuate the  building and go home.  But the traffic is so bad at this time of the morning that might not be all so good either.
Go hang out at the coffee shop.  Come on, dude, do we have to think of everything?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 08:04:58 AM
Morning Tony and Travellin Dave, be safe in your travels Dave.
Looks like we're gonna get a little bit of a heatwave here this week. It's about 60° now but getting to 80s the next three days. Kinda unusual for mid October in these parts.
Been unseasonably warm here for the last week, also.  Thanks, CO2 belchin' 1st world economies!
could be the political pollution from Hillary and Donny.
That is indeed a shit-ton of hot air.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 08:06:28 AM
BTW, we're jammin'.  Gurk's are up, but at just 80% off.   ::)
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 08:06:29 AM
good morning Traveling Dave, Mark, and Tony.
Healthy Monday to ya, Deano.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 08:07:40 AM
Seems to be no air conditioning in our office this morning, hot in here!  If not fixed soon guess we will all go home for the day.
Mondays are always hot and Fridays are always cold. That's just the way of office a/c.
True but ours is not blowing any air at all meaning it is really hot.  good news is  state law requires the air be circulating or they have to close the building.
Cleared to evacuate the  building and go home.  But the traffic is so bad at this time of the morning that might not be all so good either.
Maybe get a quick rack check first?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 08:08:19 AM
Seems to be no air conditioning in our office this morning, hot in here!  If not fixed soon guess we will all go home for the day.
Mondays are always hot and Fridays are always cold. That's just the way of office a/c.
True but ours is not blowing any air at all meaning it is really hot.  good news is  state law requires the air be circulating or they have to close the building.
Cleared to evacuate the  building and go home.  But the traffic is so bad at this time of the morning that might not be all so good either.
Packing up and heading home.  BBL
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 08:08:37 AM
Seems to be no air conditioning in our office this morning, hot in here!  If not fixed soon guess we will all go home for the day.
Mondays are always hot and Fridays are always cold. That's just the way of office a/c.
True but ours is not blowing any air at all meaning it is really hot.  good news is  state law requires the air be circulating or they have to close the building.
Cleared to evacuate the  building and go home.  But the traffic is so bad at this time of the morning that might not be all so good either.
Go hang out at the coffee shop.  Come on, dude, do we have to think of everything?
Dang it! Late again.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 08:11:18 AM
Seems to be no air conditioning in our office this morning, hot in here!  If not fixed soon guess we will all go home for the day.
Mondays are always hot and Fridays are always cold. That's just the way of office a/c.
True but ours is not blowing any air at all meaning it is really hot.  good news is  state law requires the air be circulating or they have to close the building.
Cleared to evacuate the  building and go home.  But the traffic is so bad at this time of the morning that might not be all so good either.
Go hang out at the coffee shop.  Come on, dude, do we have to think of everything?
Dang it! Late again.
TWSS
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 08:26:13 AM
Seems to be no air conditioning in our office this morning, hot in here!  If not fixed soon guess we will all go home for the day.
Mondays are always hot and Fridays are always cold. That's just the way of office a/c.
True but ours is not blowing any air at all meaning it is really hot.  good news is  state law requires the air be circulating or they have to close the building.
Cleared to evacuate the  building and go home.  But the traffic is so bad at this time of the morning that might not be all so good either.
Go hang out at the coffee shop.  Come on, dude, do we have to think of everything?
Dang it! Late again.
TWSS
Oh no, she better not say that! (Finger wagging)
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 08:44:36 AM
I can't quite figure out if this current jam offering is an homage or a slap in the face to Chip. Either way, CI can GFItself.

Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 08:52:24 AM
I can't remember the last time I posted from a laptop. This is really nice. I don't want to get too used to it.  ;)
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 09:11:38 AM
And since this is a cigar related site, I thought I should share the following:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/14/americas/cuba-cigars-us-embargo-lifted/
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 09:14:48 AM

...Cusano 18 connie robust and coffee going here. If anybody has plans for a cigar herf tonight in remembrance of our passed loved ones and friends, I would be honored to smoke in the memory.
Let's see what we can muster up. I'd be game.

And a proper good morning to all.
Me too.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 09:16:11 AM

Good morning Dave, Dean, and Mr. Mayor.  And Chip, we all have the schitt enter our lives at some point, there's no avoiding it, but damn, dude, I don't know what to say.  We all feel for you, pray for you, and will be thinking of you in the coming days.
Yes we do, and yes we will.

Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 09:20:58 AM
Good morning, Raz. Hoping to start the new week on a positive note. Please join me.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 09:36:26 AM
On the patio with a Namakubi lit and a cup of piping hot Cuban Expresso.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 09:37:45 AM
La Palina classics on the Jam 5/$30 when the Sister had them yesterday 5/$17.50  ???
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 09:39:40 AM
The Page has good pricing on LFD kick-yo-azz sticks, double ligero and air benders.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 09:45:55 AM
La Palina classics on the Jam 5/$30 when the Sister had them yesterday 5/$17.50  ???
How f'd up is that.  They must have a bet going, see if CI can sell as many fivers at almost twice the price.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 09:46:21 AM
The Page has good pricing on LFD kick-yo-azz sticks, double ligero and air benders.
I should send Dean some of those Maduro chisel tips ;D
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 09:46:34 AM
On the patio with a Namakubi lit and a cup of piping hot Cuban Expresso.
Your office just called, the A/C is fixed, get your ass back to work.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 09:47:38 AM
The Page has good pricing on LFD kick-yo-azz sticks, double ligero and air benders.
Bastiges are out of Air Bender Coronas, of course since they are a really good price
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 09:48:46 AM
On the patio with a Namakubi lit and a cup of piping hot Cuban Expresso.
Your office just called, the A/C is fixed, get your ass back to work.
You seem to have forgotten I hold tenure in the KMA Club
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 09:51:13 AM
La Palina classics on the Jam 5/$30 when the Sister had them yesterday 5/$17.50  ???
How f'd up is that.  They must have a bet going, see if CI can sell as many fivers at almost twice the price.
CI probably bought them from the Sis and marked them up 80%, but bar has not even moved yet.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 09:52:38 AM
La Palina classics on the Jam 5/$30 when the Sister had them yesterday 5/$17.50  ???
I never pulled the trigger either. Just too many sticks to get through. I'm feeling some regret now though.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 09:54:14 AM
La Palina classics on the Jam 5/$30 when the Sister had them yesterday 5/$17.50  ???
I never pulled the trigger either. Just too many sticks to get through. I'm feeling some regret now though.
I sent my son some of them
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 09:56:55 AM
Good morning, Raz. Hoping to start the new week on a positive note. Please join me.
Yup.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 09:58:21 AM
Good morning, Raz. Hoping to start the new week on a positive note. Please join me.
Although "positive" is a relative term here. Like, I'm pretty positive that someone will issue a GFY today. ;-)
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 09:59:10 AM
La Palina classics on the Jam 5/$30 when the Sister had them yesterday 5/$17.50  ???
I never pulled the trigger either. Just too many sticks to get through. I'm feeling some regret now though.
I sent my son some of them
Thanks, Pops.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 10:03:24 AM
La Palina classics on the Jam 5/$30 when the Sister had them yesterday 5/$17.50  ???
I never pulled the trigger either. Just too many sticks to get through. I'm feeling some regret now though.
I sent my son some of them
Thanks, Pops.
Hey, he got us brand new phones and is furnishing us cell phone service now.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 10:04:46 AM
La Palina classics on the Jam 5/$30 when the Sister had them yesterday 5/$17.50  ???
I never pulled the trigger either. Just too many sticks to get through. I'm feeling some regret now though.
TWHS
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 10:07:21 AM
Well, it's a disaster area up here in the Pacific Northwest following the big storm. At least two deck chairs blew over, and two houses were reported to be without power. Hillary Clinton surveyed the damage. Donald Trump sent a couple of frozen pizzas.

Oh, the humanity...
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2016, 10:09:59 AM
off to Home Depot to exchange 'parts', then a noon meeting.

keep me informed of any herf tonight please.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: sfish on October 17, 2016, 10:45:15 AM
CigarFU has the Room 101 San Andres Coronas 10/$22.50
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: sfish on October 17, 2016, 10:50:29 AM
Good morning boys, weird week for me. Wife is away for work all week so I'm getting in late and having to leave early, will be working from home a couple days.

Trying to digest the dreadful activity recently, gut-wrenching news that just makes you feel for all involved
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 10:51:29 AM
Morning Fish
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 10:52:47 AM
CigarFU has the Room 101 San Andres Coronas 10/$22.50
Nice. Provide the FS code and you are crowned Prince for a Day.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 10:55:01 AM
CigarFU has the Room 101 San Andres Coronas 10/$22.50
Nice. Provide the FS code and you are crowned Prince for a Day.
Just tried the last one Ogie provided us and Oops, no good.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Ogie on October 17, 2016, 10:58:35 AM
CigarFU has the Room 101 San Andres Coronas 10/$22.50
Nice. Provide the FS code and you are crowned Prince for a Day.
Just tried the last one Ogie provided us and Oops, no good.
C'mon.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on October 17, 2016, 11:07:29 AM
[...]

Reality sucks and my words aren't much to encompass the loss of a loved one but know we're here for our BOTL.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 11:08:41 AM
La Palina classics on the Jam 5/$30 when the Sister had them yesterday 5/$17.50  ???
I never pulled the trigger either. Just too many sticks to get through. I'm feeling some regret now though.
I sent my son some of them
Thanks, Pops.
Hey, he got us brand new phones and is furnishing us cell phone service now.
So you're officially a deadbeat?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 11:11:42 AM
Good morning, Scott, Ogie, and Mike.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on October 17, 2016, 11:11:49 AM

...Cusano 18 connie robust and coffee going here. If anybody has plans for a cigar herf tonight in remembrance of our passed loved ones and friends, I would be honored to smoke in the memory.
Let's see what we can muster up. I'd be game.

And a proper good morning to all.
I would join in that as well.  pick a time
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 11:22:01 AM

...Cusano 18 connie robust and coffee going here. If anybody has plans for a cigar herf tonight in remembrance of our passed loved ones and friends, I would be honored to smoke in the memory.
Let's see what we can muster up. I'd be game.

And a proper good morning to all.
I would join in that as well.  pick a time
Good morning, Flip. How's 7:30 EST and then again at 7:30 PST ? Because otherwise we won't be able to accommodate everyone.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 11:23:00 AM
CigarFU has the Room 101 San Andres Coronas 10/$22.50
Nice. Provide the FS code and you are crowned Prince for a Day.
Just tried the last one Ogie provided us and Oops, no good.
C'mon.
Nope, that one doesn't' work, either.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on October 17, 2016, 11:27:34 AM

...Cusano 18 connie robust and coffee going here. If anybody has plans for a cigar herf tonight in remembrance of our passed loved ones and friends, I would be honored to smoke in the memory.
Let's see what we can muster up. I'd be game.

And a proper good morning to all.
I would join in that as well.  pick a time
Seems it's the least we could do.  A BOTL wake.  Just hard to imagine the loss.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 11:27:42 AM
La Palina classics on the Jam 5/$30 when the Sister had them yesterday 5/$17.50  ???
I never pulled the trigger either. Just too many sticks to get through. I'm feeling some regret now though.
I sent my son some of them
Thanks, Pops.
Hey, he got us brand new phones and is furnishing us cell phone service now.
So you're officially a deadbeat?
I am officially proud to be a deadbeat and looking forward to more deadbeat perks.

But then again, I furnished his phone service for 18 years have I not earned it?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on October 17, 2016, 11:27:56 AM
CigarFU has the Room 101 San Andres Coronas 10/$22.50
Nice. Provide the FS code and you are crowned Prince for a Day.
Just tried the last one Ogie provided us and Oops, no good.
C'mon.
Nope, that one doesn't' work, either.
GFY!?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Ogie on October 17, 2016, 11:29:29 AM
CigarFU has the Room 101 San Andres Coronas 10/$22.50
Nice. Provide the FS code and you are crowned Prince for a Day.
Just tried the last one Ogie provided us and Oops, no good.
C'mon.
Nope, that one doesn't' work, either.
GFY!?
"FALL" works in either the URL or the promo code box.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 11:30:12 AM
CigarFU has the Room 101 San Andres Coronas 10/$22.50
Nice. Provide the FS code and you are crowned Prince for a Day.
Just tried the last one Ogie provided us and Oops, no good.
C'mon.
Nope, that one doesn't' work, either.
GFY!?
Sure enough Raz, look who the first one is.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 11:30:14 AM
Parts-change lull.  Did someone tell Caitlyn?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 11:31:00 AM
CigarFU has the Room 101 San Andres Coronas 10/$22.50
Nice. Provide the FS code and you are crowned Prince for a Day.
Just tried the last one Ogie provided us and Oops, no good.
C'mon.
Nope, that one doesn't' work, either.
GFY!?
"FALL" works in either the URL or the promo code box.
I was using Autumn, aren't they about the same? :)

Good Morning and Thanks Ogie!
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 11:32:28 AM
Parts-change lull.  Did someone tell Caitlyn?
Or maybe not. I must be having connectivity issues today. No posts until I comment on the lull, then a flood come through. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 11:33:02 AM

...Cusano 18 connie robust and coffee going here. If anybody has plans for a cigar herf tonight in remembrance of our passed loved ones and friends, I would be honored to smoke in the memory.
Let's see what we can muster up. I'd be game.

And a proper good morning to all.
I would join in that as well.  pick a time
Good morning, Flip. How's 7:30 EST and then again at 7:30 PST ? Because otherwise we won't be able to accommodate everyone.
7:30 EST  Works for me, one of Chips favorite smokes is the MB 3 so that is what I will light.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 11:40:40 AM
CigarFU has the Room 101 San Andres Coronas 10/$22.50
Nice. Provide the FS code and you are crowned Prince for a Day.
Just tried the last one Ogie provided us and Oops, no good.
C'mon.
Nope, that one doesn't' work, either.
GFY!?
"FALL" works in either the URL or the promo code box.
I was using Autumn, aren't they about the same? :)

Good Morning and Thanks Ogie!
Fall Works!
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 11:57:59 AM

...Cusano 18 connie robust and coffee going here. If anybody has plans for a cigar herf tonight in remembrance of our passed loved ones and friends, I would be honored to smoke in the memory.
Let's see what we can muster up. I'd be game.

And a proper good morning to all.
I would join in that as well.  pick a time
Good morning, Flip. How's 7:30 EST and then again at 7:30 PST ? Because otherwise we won't be able to accommodate everyone.
7:30 EST  Works for me, one of Chips favorite smokes is the MB 3 so that is what I will light.

I won't get home from work until 9:30 EST, but I'll light up an MB 3 then.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on October 17, 2016, 12:03:46 PM

...Cusano 18 connie robust and coffee going here. If anybody has plans for a cigar herf tonight in remembrance of our passed loved ones and friends, I would be honored to smoke in the memory.
Let's see what we can muster up. I'd be game.

And a proper good morning to all.
I would join in that as well.  pick a time
Good morning, Flip. How's 7:30 EST and then again at 7:30 PST ? Because otherwise we won't be able to accommodate everyone.
7:30 EST  Works for me, one of Chips favorite smokes is the MB 3 so that is what I will light.

I won't get home from work until 9:30 EST, but I'll light up an MB 3 then.
TimeZone Raz.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on October 17, 2016, 12:04:30 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Travelin' Dave.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on October 17, 2016, 12:05:06 PM

...Cusano 18 connie robust and coffee going here. If anybody has plans for a cigar herf tonight in remembrance of our passed loved ones and friends, I would be honored to smoke in the memory.
Let's see what we can muster up. I'd be game.

And a proper good morning to all.
I would join in that as well.  pick a time
Good morning, Flip. How's 7:30 EST and then again at 7:30 PST ? Because otherwise we won't be able to accommodate everyone.
sounds good, should be doable if I catch the 6:46pm out of Secacucus.  Gave Gabrielle, my car today,
she had to interview some school employees for her education class.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on October 17, 2016, 12:05:50 PM

...Cusano 18 connie robust and coffee going here. If anybody has plans for a cigar herf tonight in remembrance of our passed loved ones and friends, I would be honored to smoke in the memory.
Let's see what we can muster up. I'd be game.

And a proper good morning to all.
I would join in that as well.  pick a time
Good morning, Flip. How's 7:30 EST and then again at 7:30 PST ? Because otherwise we won't be able to accommodate everyone.
Two times for Tony to be late for.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 12:17:56 PM
CigarFU has the Room 101 San Andres Coronas 10/$22.50
Nice. Provide the FS code and you are crowned Prince for a Day.
Just tried the last one Ogie provided us and Oops, no good.
C'mon.
Nope, that one doesn't' work, either.
GFY!?
"FALL" works in either the URL or the promo code box.
I was using Autumn, aren't they about the same? :)

Good Morning and Thanks Ogie!
Indeed, had to double up on that deal.  Thanks Fish and Ogie.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on October 17, 2016, 12:19:02 PM
Going out for lunch, maybe mongolian grill, maybe a chicken salad sub, maybe sushi, or a hot and cold buffet, or a custom salad or a nice soup.  All at the same place around the corner on 10th Ave & 34th street.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 12:28:56 PM
CigarFU has the Room 101 San Andres Coronas 10/$22.50
Nice. Provide the FS code and you are crowned Prince for a Day.
Just tried the last one Ogie provided us and Oops, no good.
C'mon.
Nope, that one doesn't' work, either.
GFY!?
"FALL" works in either the URL or the promo code box.
I was using Autumn, aren't they about the same? :)

Good Morning and Thanks Ogie!
Indeed, had to double up on that deal.  Thanks Fish and Ogie.
+1
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 12:29:43 PM
La Palina classics on the Jam 5/$30 when the Sister had them yesterday 5/$17.50  ???
I never pulled the trigger either. Just too many sticks to get through. I'm feeling some regret now though.
I sent my son some of them
Thanks, Pops.
Hey, he got us brand new phones and is furnishing us cell phone service now.
So you're officially a deadbeat?
I am officially proud to be a deadbeat and looking forward to more deadbeat perks.

But then again, I furnished his phone service for 18 years have I not earned it?
Nope.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 12:32:00 PM

...Cusano 18 connie robust and coffee going here. If anybody has plans for a cigar herf tonight in remembrance of our passed loved ones and friends, I would be honored to smoke in the memory.
Let's see what we can muster up. I'd be game.

And a proper good morning to all.
I would join in that as well.  pick a time
Good morning, Flip. How's 7:30 EST and then again at 7:30 PST ? Because otherwise we won't be able to accommodate everyone.
7:30 EST  Works for me, one of Chips favorite smokes is the MB 3 so that is what I will light.
Don't think I have one of those, but I still have a few smokes he sent me a while back with hand written dates on the celo. I'll pick something from there.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 12:33:34 PM

...Cusano 18 connie robust and coffee going here. If anybody has plans for a cigar herf tonight in remembrance of our passed loved ones and friends, I would be honored to smoke in the memory.
Let's see what we can muster up. I'd be game.

And a proper good morning to all.
I would join in that as well.  pick a time
Good morning, Flip. How's 7:30 EST and then again at 7:30 PST ? Because otherwise we won't be able to accommodate everyone.
7:30 EST  Works for me, one of Chips favorite smokes is the MB 3 so that is what I will light.

I won't get home from work until 9:30 EST, but I'll light up an MB 3 then.
You're the main reason I picked a 2nd time. If you prefer 6:30 to 7:30 PST, that's fine too.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 12:46:03 PM
7:30 pst would be better for me.  It's very nice of y'all to set a second time, but don't feel obligated on my account.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 12:52:06 PM
7:30 pst would be better for me.  It's very nice of y'all to set a second time, but don't feel obligated on my account.
How old was SteveO?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 12:53:15 PM
La Palina classics on the Jam 5/$30 when the Sister had them yesterday 5/$17.50  ???
I never pulled the trigger either. Just too many sticks to get through. I'm feeling some regret now though.
I sent my son some of them
Thanks, Pops.
Hey, he got us brand new phones and is furnishing us cell phone service now.
So you're officially a deadbeat?
I am officially proud to be a deadbeat and looking forward to more deadbeat perks.

But then again, I furnished his phone service for 18 years have I not earned it?
Nope.
Then I am happy to be another deadbeat I guess.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 12:55:59 PM
CigarFU has the Room 101 San Andres Coronas 10/$22.50
Nice. Provide the FS code and you are crowned Prince for a Day.
Just tried the last one Ogie provided us and Oops, no good.
C'mon.
Nope, that one doesn't' work, either.
GFY!?
"FALL" works in either the URL or the promo code box.
I was using Autumn, aren't they about the same? :)

Good Morning and Thanks Ogie!
Indeed, had to double up on that deal.  Thanks Fish and Ogie.
Double Fish Deal for me with the FS I added on a couple of 5'rs of his L'Atelier Travailleurs he was enabling yesterday to try
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 01:09:08 PM
I always thought Shep was just another media asshole but looks like is a media fruit asshole.

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith reveals he's gay in an interview with the Huffington Post in which he also defends former Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes.

Smith, who has rarely talked about his sexuality during his 20 years with Fox News, refuted claims that Ailes urged him not to come out about his sexual orientation publicly.

Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 01:12:06 PM
I always thought Shep was just another media asshole but looks like is a media fruit asshole.

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith reveals he's gay in an interview with the Huffington Post in which he also defends former Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes.

Smith, who has rarely talked about his sexuality during his 20 years with Fox News, refuted claims that Ailes urged him not to come out about his sexual orientation publicly.
As long as he and Geraldo don't go at it on-air, who gives a schitt.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 01:20:48 PM
I always thought Shep was just another media asshole but looks like is a media fruit asshole.

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith reveals he's gay in an interview with the Huffington Post in which he also defends former Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes.

Smith, who has rarely talked about his sexuality during his 20 years with Fox News, refuted claims that Ailes urged him not to come out about his sexual orientation publicly.
As long as he and Geraldo don't go at it on-air, who gives a schitt.
Can't rule out the possibility
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on October 17, 2016, 01:20:58 PM
I always thought Shep was just another media asshole but looks like is a media fruit asshole.

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith reveals he's gay in an interview with the Huffington Post in which he also defends former Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes.

Smith, who has rarely talked about his sexuality during his 20 years with Fox News, refuted claims that Ailes urged him not to come out about his sexual orientation publicly.
As long as he and Geraldo don't go at it on-air, who gives a schitt.
Sheesh!
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on October 17, 2016, 01:32:52 PM

...Cusano 18 connie robust and coffee going here. If anybody has plans for a cigar herf tonight in remembrance of our passed loved ones and friends, I would be honored to smoke in the memory.
Let's see what we can muster up. I'd be game.

And a proper good morning to all.
I would join in that as well.  pick a time
Good morning, Flip. How's 7:30 EST and then again at 7:30 PST ? Because otherwise we won't be able to accommodate everyone.
7:30 EST  Works for me, one of Chips favorite smokes is the MB 3 so that is what I will light.

I won't get home from work until 9:30 EST, but I'll light up an MB 3 then.
You're the main reason I picked a 2nd time. If you prefer 6:30 to 7:30 PST, that's fine too.
that 10:30 EST then?  good, I can take my daughter to dinner, and be back in time for the herf.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 01:39:58 PM
7:30 pst would be better for me.  It's very nice of y'all to set a second time, but don't feel obligated on my account.
How old was SteveO?
Steve was 55.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 02:31:25 PM
7:30 pst would be better for me.  It's very nice of y'all to set a second time, but don't feel obligated on my account.
How old was SteveO?
Steve was 55.
Older than I thought but way too young still.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 02:36:21 PM
7:30 pst would be better for me.  It's very nice of y'all to set a second time, but don't feel obligated on my account.
It's more likely I'll be able to make the 2nd one myself. I can't believe how much running around I'm doing today. How did I work full time and get things done before?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 02:40:25 PM
7:30 pst would be better for me.  It's very nice of y'all to set a second time, but don't feel obligated on my account.
It's more likely I'll be able to make the 2nd one myself. I can't believe how much running around I'm doing today. How did I work full time and get things done before?
I would have to smoke mine in the bed for the later time.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on October 17, 2016, 02:41:58 PM
7:30 pst would be better for me.  It's very nice of y'all to set a second time, but don't feel obligated on my account.
It's more likely I'll be able to make the 2nd one myself. I can't believe how much running around I'm doing today. How did I work full time and get things done before?
Why Tony, Your wife did all the cooking and running around, while you were working
hard supporting the family.... right?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 03:08:51 PM

...Cusano 18 connie robust and coffee going here. If anybody has plans for a cigar herf tonight in remembrance of our passed loved ones and friends, I would be honored to smoke in the memory.
Let's see what we can muster up. I'd be game.

And a proper good morning to all.
I would join in that as well.  pick a time
Good morning, Flip. How's 7:30 EST and then again at 7:30 PST ? Because otherwise we won't be able to accommodate everyone.
7:30 EST  Works for me, one of Chips favorite smokes is the MB 3 so that is what I will light.

I won't get home from work until 9:30 EST, but I'll light up an MB 3 then.
You're the main reason I picked a 2nd time. If you prefer 6:30 to 7:30 PST, that's fine too.
that 10:30 EST then?  good, I can take my daughter to dinner, and be back in time for the herf.
Cool. I have to take my daughter to an appointment and wasn't sure I'd be back in time for the Eastern one. So looks like we'll have quorum for the Pacific one too.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 03:10:07 PM
7:30 pst would be better for me.  It's very nice of y'all to set a second time, but don't feel obligated on my account.
It's more likely I'll be able to make the 2nd one myself. I can't believe how much running around I'm doing today. How did I work full time and get things done before?
Why Tony, Your wife did all the cooking and running around, while you were working
hard supporting the family.... right?
You trying to start shit, Flip?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 03:14:19 PM
@ Raz - Jackpot!  Cleaning out my home office and found a forgotten stash of rounds.  2k  .556 m855's,  500 rem 22 yellow jacket, and 100 .45acp Ranger T.

Felt like Christmas
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 03:16:17 PM
7:30 pst would be better for me.  It's very nice of y'all to set a second time, but don't feel obligated on my account.
It's more likely I'll be able to make the 2nd one myself. I can't believe how much running around I'm doing today. How did I work full time and get things done before?
Why Tony, Your wife did all the cooking and running around, while you were working
hard supporting the family.... right?
You trying to start shit, Flip?
Surely not
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 03:20:29 PM
@ Raz - Jackpot!  Cleaning out my home office and found a forgotten stash of rounds.  2k  .556 m855's,  500 rem 22 yellow jacket, and 100 .45acp Ranger T.

Felt like Christmas
A visit from Santa Glocks? Nice.

Did I post a pic of my new toy?

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161017/e8172346f1e7c6d241632d61d9cfb294.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 03:21:37 PM
7:30 pst would be better for me.  It's very nice of y'all to set a second time, but don't feel obligated on my account.
It's more likely I'll be able to make the 2nd one myself. I can't believe how much running around I'm doing today. How did I work full time and get things done before?
Why Tony, Your wife did all the cooking and running around, while you were working
hard supporting the family.... right?
You trying to start shit, Flip?
Nah, he just got your wife and my wife confused. ;-)
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on October 17, 2016, 03:22:20 PM
7:30 pst would be better for me.  It's very nice of y'all to set a second time, but don't feel obligated on my account.
It's more likely I'll be able to make the 2nd one myself. I can't believe how much running around I'm doing today. How did I work full time and get things done before?
Why Tony, Your wife did all the cooking and running around, while you were working
hard supporting the family.... right?
You trying to start shit, Flip?
Surely not
Of course not, I figured that was all high on her list of priorities, along with ensuring
you are more than satisfied with connubial bliss!  Aren't all the Jersey wardens like that?  ::)
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 03:28:50 PM
7:30 pst would be better for me.  It's very nice of y'all to set a second time, but don't feel obligated on my account.
It's more likely I'll be able to make the 2nd one myself. I can't believe how much running around I'm doing today. How did I work full time and get things done before?
Why Tony, Your wife did all the cooking and running around, while you were working
hard supporting the family.... right?
You trying to start shit, Flip?
Surely not
Of course not, I figured that was all high on her list of priorities, along with ensuring
you are more than satisfied with connubial bliss!  Aren't all the Jersey wardens like that?  ::)
Nope. Just big hair.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 03:40:00 PM
@ Raz - Jackpot!  Cleaning out my home office and found a forgotten stash of rounds.  2k  .556 m855's,  500 rem 22 yellow jacket, and 100 .45acp Ranger T.

Felt like Christmas
A visit from Santa Glocks? Nice.

Did I post a pic of my new toy?

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161017/e8172346f1e7c6d241632d61d9cfb294.jpg)
Ohhh, I'm frightened and offended by that pic, you should have provided a trigger warning.

Trigger warning.  Get it?  hehehe.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 03:40:36 PM
@ Raz - Jackpot!  Cleaning out my home office and found a forgotten stash of rounds.  2k  .556 m855's,  500 rem 22 yellow jacket, and 100 .45acp Ranger T.

Felt like Christmas
A visit from Santa Glocks? Nice.

Did I post a pic of my new toy?

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161017/e8172346f1e7c6d241632d61d9cfb294.jpg)
Ohhh, I'm frightened and offended by that pic, you should have provided a trigger warning.

Trigger warning.  Get it?  hehehe.
You keep cracking wise while I reload.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 03:47:01 PM
@ Raz - Jackpot!  Cleaning out my home office and found a forgotten stash of rounds.  2k  .556 m855's,  500 rem 22 yellow jacket, and 100 .45acp Ranger T.

Felt like Christmas
A visit from Santa Glocks? Nice.

Did I post a pic of my new toy?

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161017/e8172346f1e7c6d241632d61d9cfb294.jpg)
Ohhh, I'm frightened and offended by that pic, you should have provided a trigger warning.

Trigger warning.  Get it?  hehehe.
You keep cracking wise while I reload.
I don't know crap about guns but that looks like a pretty cool one.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2016, 03:48:03 PM
so, is it settled, MB3 at 7:30 EST and again at 7:30 PST?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 03:57:22 PM
@ Raz - Jackpot!  Cleaning out my home office and found a forgotten stash of rounds.  2k  .556 m855's,  500 rem 22 yellow jacket, and 100 .45acp Ranger T.

Felt like Christmas
A visit from Santa Glocks? Nice.

Did I post a pic of my new toy?

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161017/e8172346f1e7c6d241632d61d9cfb294.jpg)
Ohhh, I'm frightened and offended by that pic, you should have provided a trigger warning.

Trigger warning.  Get it?  hehehe.
You keep cracking wise while I reload.
I don't know crap about guns but that looks like a pretty cool one.
It's a 1979 Smith & Wesson Model 29-2 .44 Magnum. Almost identical to the piece Dirty Harry Callahan carried in the movies.

Contrary to Harry's pronouncement in the movie, it was never the most powerful handgun in the world. But it's plenty potent.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 03:59:42 PM
so, is it settled, MB3 at 7:30 EST and again at 7:30 PST?
I am MB 3 at 7:30 EST
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 04:02:52 PM
so, is it settled, MB3 at 7:30 EST and again at 7:30 PST?
I am MB 3 at 7:30 EST
And I'm MB 3 at 7:30 Commie Time...I mean, PST.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 04:04:33 PM
DOW Cloaed.  -52 @ 18,086
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 04:11:05 PM
so, is it settled, MB3 at 7:30 EST and again at 7:30 PST?
I am MB 3 at 7:30 EST
And I'm MB 3 at 7:30 Commie Time...I mean, PST.
And I'm also a Cabaiguan in about 5 minutes Texas Time.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on October 17, 2016, 04:11:18 PM
so, is it settled, MB3 at 7:30 EST and again at 7:30 PST?
I am MB 3 at 7:30 EST
And I'm MB 3 at 7:30 Commie Time...I mean, PST.
no reason I can't do both.

Diesel Unlimited d.6 here in the screen room waiting on dinner, chicken and brown rice.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 04:13:42 PM
so, is it settled, MB3 at 7:30 EST and again at 7:30 PST?
I am MB 3 at 7:30 EST
And I'm MB 3 at 7:30 Commie Time...I mean, PST.
no reason I can't do both.

Diesel Unlimited d.6 here in the screen room waiting on dinner, chicken and brown rice.
Tony is something TBD that Chip gave him at 7:30 EST but he will not be there until 7:30 PST.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 04:15:44 PM
Settled in at the hotel with a Surrogates Bone Crusher fired up.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 04:18:30 PM
Morning Tony and Travellin Dave, be safe in your travels Dave.
Looks like we're gonna get a little bit of a heatwave here this week. It's about 60° now but getting to 80s the next three days. Kinda unusual for mid October in these parts.
Been unseasonably warm here for the last week, also.  Thanks, CO2 belchin' 1st world economies!
Don't worry, Hillary will take care of that.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 04:26:19 PM
so, is it settled, MB3 at 7:30 EST and again at 7:30 PST?
I am MB 3 at 7:30 EST
And I'm MB 3 at 7:30 Commie Time...I mean, PST.
And I'm also a Cabaiguan in about 5 minutes Texas Time.
Fired up!
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 04:26:45 PM
CigarFU has the Room 101 San Andres Coronas 10/$22.50
Nice. Provide the FS code and you are crowned Prince for a Day.
Just tried the last one Ogie provided us and Oops, no good.
Just tag a decent Jam item...voila, FS
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 04:27:11 PM
Settled in at the hotel with a Surrogates Bone Crusher fired up.
In CO and only got a cigar fired up?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 04:27:56 PM
CigarFU has the Room 101 San Andres Coronas 10/$22.50
Nice. Provide the FS code and you are crowned Prince for a Day.
Just tried the last one Ogie provided us and Oops, no good.
Just tag a decent Jam item...voila, FS
Ogie bailed us out, FALL
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on October 17, 2016, 04:28:53 PM
@ Raz - Jackpot!  Cleaning out my home office and found a forgotten stash of rounds.  2k  .556 m855's,  500 rem 22 yellow jacket, and 100 .45acp Ranger T.

Felt like Christmas
How can you forget having 2000 rounds of anything?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 04:29:10 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Travelin' Dave.
Thanks CB.  I wasn't here much yesterday either.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 04:31:53 PM
@ Raz - Jackpot!  Cleaning out my home office and found a forgotten stash of rounds.  2k  .556 m855's,  500 rem 22 yellow jacket, and 100 .45acp Ranger T.

Felt like Christmas
How can you forget having 2000 rounds of anything?
Easy
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on October 17, 2016, 04:32:57 PM
Morning Tony and Travellin Dave, be safe in your travels Dave.
Looks like we're gonna get a little bit of a heatwave here this week. It's about 60° now but getting to 80s the next three days. Kinda unusual for mid October in these parts.
Been unseasonably warm here for the last week, also.  Thanks, CO2 belchin' 1st world economies!
Don't worry, Hillary will take care of that.
All that methane from those fartin' cows.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on October 17, 2016, 04:32:59 PM
@ Raz - Jackpot!  Cleaning out my home office and found a forgotten stash of rounds.  2k  .556 m855's,  500 rem 22 yellow jacket, and 100 .45acp Ranger T.

Felt like Christmas
How can you forget having 2000 rounds of anything?
500 rounds of .22 doesn't take up a whole hell of a lot of room....
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 04:33:26 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Travelin' Dave.
Thanks CB.  I wasn't here much yesterday either.
Another belated Happy Birthday to Travellin Dave

Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on October 17, 2016, 04:33:54 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Travelin' Dave.
Thanks CB.  I wasn't here much yesterday either.
Did you get your birthday cake and ice cream?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 04:34:04 PM
@ Raz - Jackpot!  Cleaning out my home office and found a forgotten stash of rounds.  2k  .556 m855's,  500 rem 22 yellow jacket, and 100 .45acp Ranger T.

Felt like Christmas
How can you forget having 2000 rounds of anything?
500 rounds of .22 doesn't take up a whole hell of a lot of room....
Nope, just one brick.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 04:34:12 PM
Settled in at the hotel with a Surrogates Bone Crusher fired up.
In CO and only got a cigar fired up?
Haven't been out to a store yet.  They don't sell at the airport.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 04:35:14 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Travelin' Dave.
Thanks CB.  I wasn't here much yesterday either.
Another belated Happy Birthday to Travellin Dave
Ah, good old Uncle Andy....feels like grade school again....
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 04:35:37 PM
OK, all caught up.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 04:38:59 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Travelin' Dave.
Thanks CB.  I wasn't here much yesterday either.
Another belated Happy Birthday to Travellin Dave
Ah, good old Uncle Andy....feels like grade school again....
I watch him and Barney every afternoon now.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 04:44:05 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Travelin' Dave.
Thanks CB.  I wasn't here much yesterday either.
Another belated Happy Birthday to Travellin Dave
Ah, good old Uncle Andy....feels like grade school again....
I watch him and Barney every afternoon now.
Does one have to be under ten and over 50 to appreciate that show? I hated it when I was a kid. Now I love the damn thing.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 04:48:32 PM
CI 1 Day Deal has boxes of Room 101 San Andres Coronas (25) for $54.99 (plus ashtray), HN and Connie Robusto's (25) for $59.99.

Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 04:49:42 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Travelin' Dave.
Thanks CB.  I wasn't here much yesterday either.
Another belated Happy Birthday to Travellin Dave
Ah, good old Uncle Andy....feels like grade school again....
I watch him and Barney every afternoon now.
I thought only BD watched that purple dinosaur.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 04:54:17 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Travelin' Dave.
Thanks CB.  I wasn't here much yesterday either.
Another belated Happy Birthday to Travellin Dave
Ah, good old Uncle Andy....feels like grade school again....
I watch him and Barney every afternoon now.
Does one have to be under ten and over 50 to appreciate that show? I hated it when I was a kid. Now I love the damn thing.
It will always be a great show
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 04:54:46 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Travelin' Dave.
Thanks CB.  I wasn't here much yesterday either.
Another belated Happy Birthday to Travellin Dave
Ah, good old Uncle Andy....feels like grade school again....
I watch him and Barney every afternoon now.
I thought only BD watched that purple dinosaur.

 ::)
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on October 17, 2016, 05:07:04 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Travelin' Dave.
Thanks CB.  I wasn't here much yesterday either.
Another belated Happy Birthday to Travellin Dave
Ah, good old Uncle Andy....feels like grade school again....
Opie's dad!
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on October 17, 2016, 05:39:14 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Travelin' Dave.
Thanks CB.  I wasn't here much yesterday either.
Another belated Happy Birthday to Travellin Dave
Ah, good old Uncle Andy....feels like grade school again....
I watch him and Barney every afternoon now.
I thought only BD watched that purple dinosaur.
not the dinosaur, the fife!
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on October 17, 2016, 06:03:49 PM
maybe chat with you guys later, if wifi is good from the deck,
not allowed to smoke in the house.  If I did, you might have to
have a herf, to remember Flip...
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 06:04:45 PM
maybe chat with you guys later, if wifi is good from the deck,
not allowed to smoke in the house.  If I did, you might have to
have a herf, to remember Flip...
LOL most of us share that threat with you.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 06:31:31 PM
maybe chat with you guys later, if wifi is good from the deck,
not allowed to smoke in the house.  If I did, you might have to
have a herf, to remember Flip...
LOL most of us share that threat with you.
But we have WiFi.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 06:32:28 PM
maybe chat with you guys later, if wifi is good from the deck,
not allowed to smoke in the house.  If I did, you might have to
have a herf, to remember Flip...
LOL most of us share that threat with you.
But we have WiFi.
That is true
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 06:33:13 PM
Strange omen?  MB3's up on the Jam :o
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 06:39:58 PM
MBIII's up now for Chip.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on October 17, 2016, 06:44:05 PM
MBIII's up now for Chip.
SteveR?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 06:46:06 PM
MBIII's up now for Chip.
Really?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 06:58:05 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Travelin' Dave.
Thanks CB.  I wasn't here much yesterday either.
Sorry I missed it. Forgot to check Bad Dad's notes. Apparently, Mikey has notes of his own.

Happy belated, Dave.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 07:01:09 PM
MBIII's up now for Chip.
SteveR?
I doubt SteveR had anything to do with it. Gonna head down for a humi-dive and see what's on deck for the herf.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 07:03:35 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Travelin' Dave.
Thanks CB.  I wasn't here much yesterday either.
Sorry I missed it. Forgot to check Bad Dad's notes. Apparently, Mikey has notes of his own.

Happy belated, Dave.
At least we have United Nations Day on the Banter Calendar!
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 07:10:33 PM
MBIII's up now for Chip.
Really?
Give me a break...I only missed you by a couple of minutes.
So slap me and call me Tony.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 07:11:31 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Travelin' Dave.
Thanks CB.  I wasn't here much yesterday either.
Sorry I missed it. Forgot to check Bad Dad's notes. Apparently, Mikey has notes of his own.

Happy belated, Dave.
Thanks Tony.  Time to get that AARP membership.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 07:21:48 PM
MBIII's up now for Chip.
Really?
Give me a break...I only missed you by a couple of minutes.
So slap me and call me Tony.
Happy belated birthday, TonyDave.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 07:31:17 PM
Time to fire up round one honoring  Elva, Chip, SteveO and his family.

Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: tcarblu on October 17, 2016, 07:36:54 PM
Best to Chip and his family and SteveO's family
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 07:38:19 PM
Time to fire up round one honoring  Elva, Chip, SteveO and his family.
I must have smoked all the smokes Chip sent me AND I don't have any MB3s. I decided to go with an El Triunfador lanceros (one of the originals).
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 07:39:22 PM
Best to Chip and his family and SteveO's family
Great to see you blu. Cheers.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 07:39:59 PM
Time to fire up round one honoring  Elva, Chip, SteveO and his family.
I must have smoked all the smokes Chip sent me AND I don't have any MB3s. I decided to go with an El Triunfador lanceros (one of the originals).
Well that is certainly a first class smoke that anyone would be honored by.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: tcarblu on October 17, 2016, 07:40:27 PM
Wish it were a happier occasion
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 07:40:51 PM
Little glass of heart elixer here also.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 07:42:09 PM
Wish it were a happier occasion
Don't we all!

Evening Blu
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 07:44:03 PM
Little glass of heart elixer here also.
I'm not actually smoking yet because I have to leave now to pick up my daughter. Probably will accompany the El Triunfador with an ale. Haven't decided yet.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: tcarblu on October 17, 2016, 07:45:07 PM
Little glass of heart elixer here also.
Like to join you in that, however getting ready for blood work tomorrow, got to get the booze out of the system
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 07:45:52 PM
Did Deano make it?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 07:47:20 PM
Only Good Thoughts!
Wishing Chip and Kimieko strength, love and only good memories.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: tcarblu on October 17, 2016, 07:49:57 PM
Only Good Thoughts!
Wishing Chip and Kimieko strength, love and only good memories.
Amen
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 07:54:05 PM
Evening men. Nothing on fire here yet, have some chores on the computer to do for one my charitable cause "side jobs", but will hopefully join in with a smoke before the evening is out.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 07:54:24 PM
Only Good Thoughts!
Wishing Chip and Kimieko strength, love and only good memories.
Amen
+1.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 08:00:49 PM
Only Good Thoughts!
Wishing Chip and Kimieko strength, love and only good memories.
Amen
Amen and amen.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 08:06:38 PM
Did Deano make it?
He said this afternoon he was attending both sessions
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 08:16:49 PM
Did Deano make it?
He said this afternoon he was attending both sessions
Probably wrapping up a side job himself.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 17, 2016, 08:35:55 PM
Calling it a night, blessings to Elva and Steve.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 08:39:04 PM
Calling it a night, blessings to Elva and Steve.
Good night, ya old far....I mean, Dave.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 08:44:52 PM
Calling it a night, blessings to Elva and Steve.
Have a good night, Dave. Remember, tomorrow's Tuesday.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 08:46:17 PM
Cool that we dragged blu out. Wonder if we'll get any interesting visitors to part 2?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 08:50:37 PM
(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161018/0814930c26a5acb73b26bc032050c8fa.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 08:56:16 PM
(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161018/1ff3e233620fe30334e2ff2740bb13b2.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 09:35:32 PM
Well, traffic was light and I got home by 6:17pm, dinner is at 7pm, so I've got time for a short cigar. Sancho Panza double maduro, with Can Club on the rocks. Evening, muchachos.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 09:36:59 PM
Oh, I see. Everybody left already. Oh well.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: SLY on October 17, 2016, 09:41:22 PM
[...]
Dear Chip, I'm so sorry to hear of your wife's afflictions and death, as well as those of Steve O.  Elva and Steve have been in my prayers as well as your and his family.
This Scripure verse read at many funerals, I find insightful and consoling at times like this when losing a dearly loved one. God bless, Sly.
Wisdom 3
3:1 But the souls of the just are in the hand of God, and the torment of death shall not touch them.
3:2 In the sight of the unwise they seemed to die: and their departure was taken for misery:
3:3 And their going away from us, for utter destruction: but they are in peace.
3:4 And though in the sight of men they suffered torments, their hope is full of immortality.
3:5 Afflicted in few things, in many they shall be well rewarded: because God hath tried them, and found them worthy of himself.
3:6 As gold in the furnace, he hath proved them, and as a victim of a holocaust, he hath received them, and in time there shall be respect had to them.
3:7 The just shall shine, and shall run to and fro like sparks among the reeds.
3:8 They shall judge nations, and rule over people, and their Lord shall reign for ever.
3:9 They that trust in him shall understand the truth: and they that are faithful in love, shall rest in him: for grace and peace are to his elect.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 09:45:11 PM
Calling it a night, blessings to Elva and Steve.
Good night, ya old far....I mean, Dave.
Careful, that covers a lot of ground these days...
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 09:46:08 PM
Oh, I see. Everybody left already. Oh well.
Not quite.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 09:46:48 PM
Oh, I see. Everybody left already. Oh well.
Naw, there are a few stragglers.  Thinking about a short smoke myself.  Pleasant outside, if I can keep the skeeters at bay.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 09:49:47 PM
Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 09:49:47 PM
Calling it a night, blessings to Elva and Steve.
Good night, ya old far....I mean, Dave.
Careful, that covers a lot of ground these days...
Good point, but it's so easy to stereotype the Daves.  I mean, they're all named Dave!
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 09:51:06 PM
Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
(https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-10/26/14/enhanced/webdr02/enhanced-20719-1445883811-10.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 09:54:49 PM
Oh, I see. Everybody left already. Oh well.
Naw, there are a few stragglers.  Thinking about a short smoke myself.  Pleasant outside, if I can keep the skeeters at bay.
Evening, Bean. Fire up the skeeter candles, mebbe?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 09:56:17 PM
Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Who'da thunk, huh?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: SLY on October 17, 2016, 09:57:46 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Travelin' Dave.
Thanks CB.  I wasn't here much yesterday either.
Sorry I missed it. Forgot to check Bad Dad's notes. Apparently, Mikey has notes of his own.

Happy belated, Dave.
Thanks Tony.  Time to get that AARP membership.
Happy traveling Birthday, belated Dave!
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 09:58:52 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Travelin' Dave.
Thanks CB.  I wasn't here much yesterday either.
Sorry I missed it. Forgot to check Bad Dad's notes. Apparently, Mikey has notes of his own.

Happy belated, Dave.
Thanks Tony.  Time to get that AARP membership.
Happy traveling Birthday, belated Dave!
Indeed, the old fart!
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 10:00:59 PM
Calling it a night, blessings to Elva and Steve.
Good night, ya old far....I mean, Dave.
Careful, that covers a lot of ground these days...
Good point, but it's so easy to stereotype the Daves.  I mean, they're all named Dave!
We'll let you get away with that one.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 10:01:28 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Travelin' Dave.
Thanks CB.  I wasn't here much yesterday either.
Sorry I missed it. Forgot to check Bad Dad's notes. Apparently, Mikey has notes of his own.

Happy belated, Dave.
Thanks Tony.  Time to get that AARP membership.
Happy traveling Birthday, belated Dave!
Thank you sir!
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 10:01:34 PM
Sly is joining us tonight and sends this photo, with the following...

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161018/8d5b5d8f930582c51ffaecd34704498b.jpg)

Tony, I've read enough to hear about the afflictions and deaths of Steve O and Chip's wife.  I'm so sorry to hear about both.  My condolences go out to their families.
Looking for a place from which I can join the herf, I arrived at the Hard Times Cafe in Fairfax, VA and want to send this photo to be posted on the banter (I haven't figured it out with this iPhone 4 with its maxxed out memory).  I have been praying for them and now I'm sending this photo to show my solidarity: note the MB 3 which I was able to find in humidor #3, along with a dram of Tullamore Dew.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 10:02:42 PM
Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Who'da thunk, huh?
And that was just walking from the restaurant to the hotel...
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 10:03:44 PM
Oh, I see. Everybody left already. Oh well.
Naw, there are a few stragglers.  Thinking about a short smoke myself.  Pleasant outside, if I can keep the skeeters at bay.
Evening, Bean. Fire up the skeeter candles, mebbe?
Ya know, Off used to make a great mosquito candle, which we loved and used for summertime float 'n smoke.  But they recently changed the design, and now they don't work worth a schitt!  Classic case of if it ain't broke....Only recourse now is to spray oneself silly with DEET.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 10:04:04 PM
Sly is joining us tonight and sends this photo, with the following...

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161018/8d5b5d8f930582c51ffaecd34704498b.jpg)

Tony, I've read enough to hear about the afflictions and deaths of Steve O and Chip's wife.  I'm so sorry to hear about both.  My condolences go out to their families.
Looking for a place from which I can join the herf, I arrived at the Hard Times Cafe in Fairfax, VA and want to send this photo to be posted on the banter (I haven't figured it out with this iPhone 4 with its maxxed out memory).  I have been praying for them and now I'm sending this photo to show my solidarity: note the MB 3 which I was able to find in humidor #3, along with a dram of Tullamore Dew.
Blessings right back to Sly.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 10:05:40 PM
Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Who'da thunk, huh?
And that was just walking from the restaurant to the hotel...
Oh, hell. We've got two shops in Buckley, Washington...less than half a mile from my house, as the crow flies.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 10:05:49 PM
Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Who'da thunk, huh?
And that was just walking from the restaurant to the hotel...
I have this strange urge to stuff a towel under the door of the room.... ::)
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 10:06:08 PM
Oh, I see. Everybody left already. Oh well.
Naw, there are a few stragglers.  Thinking about a short smoke myself.  Pleasant outside, if I can keep the skeeters at bay.
Evening, Bean. Fire up the skeeter candles, mebbe?
Ya know, Off used to make a great mosquito candle, which we loved and used for summertime float 'n smoke.  But they recently changed the design, and now they don't work worth a schitt!  Classic case of if it ain't broke....Only recourse now is to spray oneself silly with DEET.
Which'll give you brain damage.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 10:07:06 PM
Sly is joining us tonight and sends this photo, with the following...

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161018/8d5b5d8f930582c51ffaecd34704498b.jpg)

Tony, I've read enough to hear about the afflictions and deaths of Steve O and Chip's wife.  I'm so sorry to hear about both.  My condolences go out to their families.
Looking for a place from which I can join the herf, I arrived at the Hard Times Cafe in Fairfax, VA and want to send this photo to be posted on the banter (I haven't figured it out with this iPhone 4 with its maxxed out memory).  I have been praying for them and now I'm sending this photo to show my solidarity: note the MB 3 which I was able to find in humidor #3, along with a dram of Tullamore Dew.
Blessings right back to Sly.
Indeed.  Nice one, Steve.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 10:07:08 PM
Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Hopefully they're not giving you the old stink-eye.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 10:07:43 PM
Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Who'da thunk, huh?
And that was just walking from the restaurant to the hotel...
Oh, hell. We've got two shops in Buckley, Washington...less than half a mile from my house, as the crow flies.
Unfortunately it's harder to bring back souvenirs than Cuban cigars....
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 10:08:31 PM
Gotta tell y'all. I have missed Chip being the link in the Banter chain between when I go to bed and when the East Coaster's arrive. We used to have some nice exchanges during the wee'est of the hours.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 10:09:00 PM
Oh, I see. Everybody left already. Oh well.
Naw, there are a few stragglers.  Thinking about a short smoke myself.  Pleasant outside, if I can keep the skeeters at bay.
Evening, Bean. Fire up the skeeter candles, mebbe?
Ya know, Off used to make a great mosquito candle, which we loved and used for summertime float 'n smoke.  But they recently changed the design, and now they don't work worth a schitt!  Classic case of if it ain't broke....Only recourse now is to spray oneself silly with DEET.
Which'll give you brain damage.
Way too late on that one.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 10:09:12 PM
Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Who'da thunk, huh?
And that was just walking from the restaurant to the hotel...
I have this strange urge to stuff a towel under the door of the room.... ::)
Ha, next step, full volume Stairway to Heaven.  Or Dark Side of the Moon, your choice.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 10:09:48 PM
Gotta tell y'all. I have missed Chip being the link in the Banter chain between when I go to bed and when the East Coaster's arrive. We used to have some nice exchanges during the wee'est of the hours.
In time he'll be back.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 10:10:36 PM
Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Who'da thunk, huh?
And that was just walking from the restaurant to the hotel...
I have this strange urge to stuff a towel under the door of the room.... ::)
Ha, next step, full volume Stairway to Heaven.  Or Dark Side of the Moon, your choice.
Ah....the good old days!   :o
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 10:10:54 PM
Gotta tell y'all. I have missed Chip being the link in the Banter chain between when I go to bed and when the East Coaster's arrive. We used to have some nice exchanges during the wee'est of the hours.
In time he'll be back.
I hope so. This place just ain't quite right without him.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 10:11:22 PM
Think I'll be settling for a Headley Grange instead.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: SLY on October 17, 2016, 10:11:47 PM
Sly is joining us tonight and sends this photo, with the following...

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161018/8d5b5d8f930582c51ffaecd34704498b.jpg)

Tony, I've read enough to hear about the afflictions and deaths of Steve O and Chip's wife.  I'm so sorry to hear about both.  My condolences go out to their families.
Looking for a place from which I can join the herf, I arrived at the Hard Times Cafe in Fairfax, VA and want to send this photo to be posted on the banter (I haven't figured it out with this iPhone 4 with its maxxed out memory).  I have been praying for them and now I'm sending this photo to show my solidarity: note the MB 3 which I was able to find in humidor #3, along with a dram of Tullamore Dew.
Blessings right back to Sly.
Breaks your heart, Raz.  And you knew SteveO so much better than me.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 10:11:53 PM
Oh, I see. Everybody left already. Oh well.
Naw, there are a few stragglers.  Thinking about a short smoke myself.  Pleasant outside, if I can keep the skeeters at bay.
Evening, Bean. Fire up the skeeter candles, mebbe?
Ya know, Off used to make a great mosquito candle, which we loved and used for summertime float 'n smoke.  But they recently changed the design, and now they don't work worth a schitt!  Classic case of if it ain't broke....Only recourse now is to spray oneself silly with DEET.
Which'll give you brain damage.
Way too late on that one.
No argument here.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 10:12:15 PM
Oh, I see. Everybody left already. Oh well.
Naw, there are a few stragglers.  Thinking about a short smoke myself.  Pleasant outside, if I can keep the skeeters at bay.
Evening, Bean. Fire up the skeeter candles, mebbe?
Ya know, Off used to make a great mosquito candle, which we loved and used for summertime float 'n smoke.  But they recently changed the design, and now they don't work worth a schitt!  Classic case of if it ain't broke....Only recourse now is to spray oneself silly with DEET.
Which'll give you brain damage.
But how will we notice? Is it too early to start our Tuesday shenanigans?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 10:12:48 PM
Think I'll be settling for a Headley Grange instead.
Came within inches of choosing one of those, but didn't think there was quite enough time. But the warden just poked her head in and said dinner would be a little late. I could have managed it. Oh, well.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 10:13:57 PM
Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Who'da thunk, huh?
And that was just walking from the restaurant to the hotel...
Oh, hell. We've got two shops in Buckley, Washington...less than half a mile from my house, as the crow flies.
Unfortunately it's harder to bring back souvenirs than Cuban cigars....
Especially since the embargo's been lifted.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: SLY on October 17, 2016, 10:14:40 PM
Sly is joining us tonight and sends this photo, with the following...

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161018/8d5b5d8f930582c51ffaecd34704498b.jpg)

Tony, I've read enough to hear about the afflictions and deaths of Steve O and Chip's wife.  I'm so sorry to hear about both.  My condolences go out to their families.
Looking for a place from which I can join the herf, I arrived at the Hard Times Cafe in Fairfax, VA and want to send this photo to be posted on the banter (I haven't figured it out with this iPhone 4 with its maxxed out memory).  I have been praying for them and now I'm sending this photo to show my solidarity: note the MB 3 which I was able to find in humidor #3, along with a dram of Tullamore Dew.
Blessings right back to Sly.
Indeed.  Nice one, Steve.
Thanks, Mark. It reminded me of the origin of our fellowship.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 10:16:29 PM
Sly is joining us tonight and sends this photo, with the following...

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161018/8d5b5d8f930582c51ffaecd34704498b.jpg)

Tony, I've read enough to hear about the afflictions and deaths of Steve O and Chip's wife.  I'm so sorry to hear about both.  My condolences go out to their families.
Looking for a place from which I can join the herf, I arrived at the Hard Times Cafe in Fairfax, VA and want to send this photo to be posted on the banter (I haven't figured it out with this iPhone 4 with its maxxed out memory).  I have been praying for them and now I'm sending this photo to show my solidarity: note the MB 3 which I was able to find in humidor #3, along with a dram of Tullamore Dew.
Blessings right back to Sly.
Breaks your heart, Raz.  And you knew SteveO so much better than me.
I dunno, maybe. Coupla gun guys are gonna talk. I never got to meet him face to face. But he joined my FB gun group and he became one of its pillars. Just a sweet guy.

At least I've got a couple of holsters he gave me to remember him by.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 10:17:07 PM
Sly is joining us tonight and sends this photo, with the following...

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161018/8d5b5d8f930582c51ffaecd34704498b.jpg)

Tony, I've read enough to hear about the afflictions and deaths of Steve O and Chip's wife.  I'm so sorry to hear about both.  My condolences go out to their families.
Looking for a place from which I can join the herf, I arrived at the Hard Times Cafe in Fairfax, VA and want to send this photo to be posted on the banter (I haven't figured it out with this iPhone 4 with its maxxed out memory).  I have been praying for them and now I'm sending this photo to show my solidarity: note the MB 3 which I was able to find in humidor #3, along with a dram of Tullamore Dew.
Blessings right back to Sly.
Indeed.  Nice one, Steve.
Thanks, Mark. It reminded me of the origin of our fellowship.
The origin of all our friendships.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 10:19:09 PM
Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Who'da thunk, huh?
And that was just walking from the restaurant to the hotel...
Oh, hell. We've got two shops in Buckley, Washington...less than half a mile from my house, as the crow flies.
Unfortunately it's harder to bring back souvenirs than Cuban cigars....
Especially since the embargo's been lifted.
Well, yes and no.  You still can't buy them retail, it's just no longer illegal to carry them in.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 10:21:04 PM
[...]

Think it would be good for a few words from the good book Raz?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 10:22:06 PM
Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Who'da thunk, huh?
And that was just walking from the restaurant to the hotel...
Oh, hell. We've got two shops in Buckley, Washington...less than half a mile from my house, as the crow flies.
Unfortunately it's harder to bring back souvenirs than Cuban cigars....
Especially since the embargo's been lifted.
Well, yes and no.  You still can't buy them retail, it's just no longer illegal to carry them in.
I thought I heard that you can also now legally buy them in other countries and bring them in without the $100 limit.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 10:23:00 PM
RM 101 namakubi lit.  I get the Zika, it's all y'all's fault!
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 10:26:44 PM
RM 101 namakubi lit.  I get the Zika, it's all y'all's fault!
I'll take responsibility for it.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 10:26:50 PM
Speaking of friendship and Facebook...

I haven't ever told y'all who might be curious how to find me on Facebook. Y'all know I'm trained and licensed as a preacher and work and volunteer at a church. I haven't invited y'all to find me simply because my Facebook feed frequently gets filled with "religious" issues and I don't push that on my online friends. But if you're interested, or you're interested in my gun group (where we don't do religion or politics), I'm Raz Gueado on Facebook.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 10:31:43 PM
[...]

Absolutely...

Here's some for Steve: "The king of Israel answered him, 'He who puts on armor should not boast like one who takes it off.'" (I Kings 20:11)

And for Chip...
"Comfort, comfort for my people..." (Isaiah 40:1)
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 10:32:15 PM
Got called to dinner. Back shortly.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 10:33:50 PM
Speaking of friendship and Facebook...

I haven't ever told y'all who might be curious how to find me on Facebook. Y'all know I'm trained and licensed as a preacher and work and volunteer at a church. I haven't invited y'all to find me simply because my Facebook feed frequently gets filled with "religious" issues and I don't push that on my online friends. But if you're interested, or you're interested in my gun group (where we don't do religion or politics), I'm Raz Gueado on Facebook.
RM 101 namakubi lit.  I get the Zika, it's all y'all's fault!
I'll take responsibility for it.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 10:34:31 PM
What a remarkable community we are. It never ceases to amaze me. I'm pouring an ale and raising a glass to Barry, Steve and Elva. Cheers.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 17, 2016, 10:34:52 PM
Got called to dinner. Back shortly.
We'll be here.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: SLY on October 17, 2016, 10:35:35 PM
Sly is joining us tonight and sends this photo, with the following...

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161018/8d5b5d8f930582c51ffaecd34704498b.jpg)

Tony, I've read enough to hear about the afflictions and deaths of Steve O and Chip's wife.  I'm so sorry to hear about both.  My condolences go out to their families.
Looking for a place from which I can join the herf, I arrived at the Hard Times Cafe in Fairfax, VA and want to send this photo to be posted on the banter (I haven't figured it out with this iPhone 4 with its maxxed out memory).  I have been praying for them and now I'm sending this photo to show my solidarity: note the MB 3 which I was able to find in humidor #3, along with a dram of Tullamore Dew.
Thanks, Tony
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: SLY on October 17, 2016, 10:37:13 PM
What a remarkable community we are. It never ceases to amaze me. I'm pouring an ale and raising a glass to Barry, Steve and Elva. Cheers.
MB 3 and Tullamore Dew here ... Hear, hear - To Barry, Steve and Elva!
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 10:39:13 PM
Speaking of friendship and Facebook...

I haven't ever told y'all who might be curious how to find me on Facebook. Y'all know I'm trained and licensed as a preacher and work and volunteer at a church. I haven't invited y'all to find me simply because my Facebook feed frequently gets filled with "religious" issues and I don't push that on my online friends. But if you're interested, or you're interested in my gun group (where we don't do religion or politics), I'm Raz Gueado on Facebook.
RM 101 namakubi lit.  I get the Zika, it's all y'all's fault!
I'll take responsibility for it.
Sorry, fk'n things up using the phone.  Sheesh.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 10:39:47 PM
Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Who'da thunk, huh?
And that was just walking from the restaurant to the hotel...
Oh, hell. We've got two shops in Buckley, Washington...less than half a mile from my house, as the crow flies.
Unfortunately it's harder to bring back souvenirs than Cuban cigars....
Especially since the embargo's been lifted.
Well, yes and no.  You still can't buy them retail, it's just no longer illegal to carry them in.
I thought I heard that you can also now legally buy them in other countries and bring them in without the $100 limit.
Yes, but you can't buy them direct, or internet.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 10:40:18 PM
Speaking of friendship and Facebook...

I haven't ever told y'all who might be curious how to find me on Facebook. Y'all know I'm trained and licensed as a preacher and work and volunteer at a church. I haven't invited y'all to find me simply because my Facebook feed frequently gets filled with "religious" issues and I don't push that on my online friends. But if you're interested, or you're interested in my gun group (where we don't do religion or politics), I'm Raz Gueado on Facebook.
RM 101 namakubi lit.  I get the Zika, it's all y'all's fault!
I'll take responsibility for it.
Sorry, fk'n things up using the phone.  Sheesh.
Indeed, here hear.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 10:42:49 PM
What a remarkable community we are. It never ceases to amaze me. I'm pouring an ale and raising a glass to Barry, Steve and Elva. Cheers.
MB 3 and Tullamore Dew here ... Hear, hear - To Barry, Steve and Elva!
Indeed, here hear.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 10:45:50 PM
Delete. Sheesh
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 10:48:37 PM
Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Who'da thunk, huh?
And that was just walking from the restaurant to the hotel...
Oh, hell. We've got two shops in Buckley, Washington...less than half a mile from my house, as the crow flies.
Unfortunately it's harder to bring back souvenirs than Cuban cigars....
Especially since the embargo's been lifted.
Well, yes and no.  You still can't buy them retail, it's just no longer illegal to carry them in.
I thought I heard that you can also now legally buy them in other countries and bring them in without the $100 limit.
Yes, but you can't buy them direct, or internet.
In time even commie Cuba will take American capitalist pig Visa/MasterCard.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: SLY on October 17, 2016, 10:51:06 PM
Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Who'da thunk, huh?
And that was just walking from the restaurant to the hotel...
Oh, hell. We've got two shops in Buckley, Washington...less than half a mile from my house, as the crow flies.
Unfortunately it's harder to bring back souvenirs than Cuban cigars....
Especially since the embargo's been lifted.
Well, yes and no.  You still can't buy them retail, it's just no longer illegal to carry them in.
I thought I heard that you can also now legally buy them in other countries and bring them in without the $100 limit.
Yes, but you can't buy them direct, or internet.
Allegedly ... wink, wink.  Do you think there's any connection between the administration putting the regulation of premium aged hand rolled cigars under the FDA bureaucracy, whose regulations will kill or severely cripple the boutique cigar industry (founded much by Cuban émigrés who fled their homeland when Castro took over (stole) their lands, factories, businesses and fled to Dominican Republic, Honduras and Nicaragua with Cuban seed and generations of knowledge of growing, curing, fermenting & aging tobacco and rolling cigars) in order to pave the way to re-introduce Cuban (still under Marxist Communist rule) to the U.S. market? Anybody?
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 17, 2016, 11:07:50 PM
[...]
Nah, don't give them the credit for thinking that much.  Cuban cigars will come under the same stupid rules.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: SLY on October 17, 2016, 11:21:43 PM
[...]
Thanks, Dave. The thought came to me when O'B announced the new rule taking away the limit, given his buddying up to the regime.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 11:25:29 PM
[...]
On the other hand, hard left Obama might figure a way to cut those poor put upon Cubans a break, in the name of reparations and what not.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: Threebean on October 17, 2016, 11:27:13 PM
Enjoyed the herf, gents.  Cigar nubbed, and so am I.  See ya tomorrow.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: SLY on October 17, 2016, 11:30:49 PM
Enjoyed the herf, gents.  Cigar nubbed, and so am I.  See ya tomorrow.
Same here.  MB3 got a little bitter in the last 2 inches, like life ... but saw it through to the end.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 11:32:00 PM
What a remarkable community we are. It never ceases to amaze me. I'm pouring an ale and raising a glass to Barry, Steve and Elva. Cheers.
Here, here! We give you a hard time, mayor. But we're still here.

Sorry, guys. Dinner ran long. MB3 lit for the tail end of this thing.
Title: Re: 10/17/2016
Post by: razgueado on October 17, 2016, 11:33:23 PM
Well, come to realize how "out of the mainstream"...or at least the party stream... I've been for a long time.  Interesting aroma's out and about this evening.  Hello Denver!
Who'da thunk, huh?
And that was just walking from the restaurant to the hotel...
Oh, hell. We've got two shops in Buckley, Washington...less than half a mile from my house, as the crow flies.
Unfortunately it's harder to bring back souvenirs than Cuban cigars....
Especially since the embargo's been lifted.
Well, yes and no.  You still can't buy them retail, it's just no longer illegal to carry them in.
I thought I heard that you can also now legally buy them in other countries and bring them in without the $100 limit.
Yes, but you can't buy them direct, or internet.
In time even commie Cuba will take American capitalist pig Visa/MasterCard.
Right now, they only take Visa.