CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on December 28, 2015, 12:00:31 AM

Title: 12/28/2015
Post by: CigarBanter on December 28, 2015, 12:00:31 AM
Happy Monday! Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:23:04 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:35:46 AM
Today is Monday, Dec. 28, the 362nd day of 2015. There are three days left in the year.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:36:32 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On Dec. 28, 1945, Congress officially recognized the Pledge of Allegiance.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:36:57 AM
On this date:
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:37:34 AM
In 1612, Italian astronomer Galileo Galilei observed the planet Neptune, but mistook it for a star. (Neptune wasn't officially discovered until 1846 by Johann Gottfried Galle.)
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:38:01 AM
In 1832, John C. Calhoun became the first vice president of the United States to resign, stepping down because of differences with President Andrew Jackson.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:38:22 AM
In 1846, Iowa became the 29th state to be admitted to the Union.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:39:44 AM
In 1856, the 28th president of the United States, Thomas Woodrow Wilson, was born in Staunton (STAN'-tun), Virginia.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:40:08 AM
In 1895, the Lumiere brothers, Auguste and Louis, held the first public showing of their movies in Paris.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:40:31 AM
In 1917, the New York Evening Mail published "A Neglected Anniversary," a facetious essay by H.L. Mencken supposedly recounting the history of bathtubs in America.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:40:56 AM
In 1937, composer Maurice Ravel died in Paris at age 62.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:41:48 AM
In 1944, the musical "On the Town," with music by Leonard Bernstein and book and lyrics by Betty Comden and Adolph Green, opened on Broadway
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:42:32 AM
In 1945, Fritz Lang's film noir, "Scarlet Street," starring Edward G. Robinson and Joan Bennett, was released by Universal Pictures. Author Theodore Dreiser, 74, died in Hollywood.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:42:55 AM
In 1961, the Tennessee Williams play "Night of the Iguana" opened on Broadway. Former first lady Edith Bolling Galt Wilson, the second wife of President Woodrow Wilson, died in Washington at age 89.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:43:17 AM
In 1975, the "Hail Mary pass" entered the football lexicon as Dallas quarterback Roger Staubach tossed the ball to Drew Pearson for an improbable 50-yard touchdown with 24 seconds left to help the Cowboys come back to edge the Minnesota Vikings 17-14.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:44:11 AM
In 1989, Alexander Dubcek (DOOB'-chek), the former Czechoslovak Communist leader who was deposed in a Soviet-led Warsaw Pact invasion in 1968, was named president of the country's parliament.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:44:33 AM
Ten years ago: Former top Enron Corp. accountant Richard Causey pleaded guilty to securities fraud and agreed to help pursue convictions against Enron founder Kenneth Lay and former CEO Jeffrey Skilling. (Causey was later sentenced to 5 1/2 years in prison.) Barry Cowsill, a member of the popular 1960s singing family The Cowsills, was found dead on a New Orleans wharf nearly four months after he disappeared when Hurricane Katrina flooded the city.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:44:59 AM
Five years ago: Eight young people were killed in a fire that swept through an abandoned New Orleans warehouse (some of the victims were squatters who had been living inside the building). Agathe von Trapp, the real-life inspiration for eldest daughter Liesl in the musical "The Sound of Music," died in Towson, Maryland, at age 97.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:45:23 AM
One year ago: AirAsia Flight 8501, an Airbus A-320, crashed during a flight from Indonesia to Singapore, killing all 162 people on board. A fire broke out aboard the ferry MS Norman Atlantic off the coast of Albania, leaving at least 11 people dead and 18 missing. The war in Afghanistan, fought for 13 bloody years and still raging, came to a formal end with a quiet flag-lowering ceremony in Kabul that marked the transition of the fighting from U.S.-led combat troops to the country's own security forces.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:45:46 AM
Today's Birthdays: Comic book creator Stan Lee is 93. Former United Auto Workers union president Owen Bieber is 86. Actress Nichelle Nichols is 83. Actress Dame Maggie Smith is 81. Rock singer-musician Charles Neville is 77. Sen. Johnny Isakson, R-Ga., is 71. Former Sen. Tim Johnson, D-S.D., is 69. Rock singer-musician Edgar Winter is 69. Funk musician Joseph "Zigaboo" Modeliste (The Meters) is 67. Actor Denzel Washington is 61. Country singer Joe Diffie is 57. Country musician Mike McGuire (Shenandoah) is 57. Actor Chad McQueen is 55. Country singer-musician Marty Roe (Diamond Rio) is 55. Actor Malcolm Gets is 51. Actor Mauricio Mendoza is 46. Actress Elaine Hendrix is 45. Comedian Seth Meyers is 42. Actor Brendan Hines is 39. Actor Joe Manganiello is 39. Actress Vanessa Ferlito is 38. Rhythm-and-blues singer John Legend is 37. Actor Andre Holland is 36. Actress Sienna Miller is 34. Pop singer Kasey Sheridan (Dream) is 29. Actor Thomas Dekker is 28. Actress Mackenzie Rosman is 26. Pop singer David Archuleta is 25. Actor Miles Brown (TV: "black-ish") is 11.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:46:09 AM
Thought for Today: "There is no luck except where there is discipline." — Irish proverb.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:47:05 AM
Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
-------------------------

A contestant on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" had reached the final plateau.
If she answered the next question correctly, she would win$1,000,000. If she answered incorrectly, she would pocket only the $32,000 milestone money.
As she suspected it would be, the million- dollar question was no pushover. It was: Which of the following species of birds does not build its own nest, but instead lays its eggs in the nests of other birds? Is it

A) the condor;
B) the buzzard;
C) the cuckoo; or
D) the vulture?"

The woman was on the spot.   She did not know the answer. And she was doubly on the spot because she had used up her 50/50 Lifeline and her Audience Poll Lifeline. All that remained was her Phone-a-Friend Lifeline, and the woman had hoped against hope that she would not have to use it because the only friend that she knew would be home happened to be a blonde. But the contestant had no alternative. She called her friend and gave her the question and the four choices.

The blonde responded unhesitatingly: "That's easy. The answer is C: The cuckoo."

The contestant had to make a decision and make it fast. She considered employing a reverse strategy and giving Regis any answer except the one that her friend had given her. And considering that her friend was a blonde, it would seem to be the logicalthing to do. On the other hand -- the blonde had responded with such confidence, such certitude, that the contestant could not help but be persuaded. "I need an answer," said Regis. Crossing her fingers, the contestant said, "C: The cuckoo."

"Is that your final answer?" asked Regis. "Yes, that is my final answer."

Two seconds later, Regis said, "I regret to inform you that the answer is-...... absolutely correct.
You are now a millionaire!"

Three days later, the contestant hosted a party for her family and friends including the blonde who had helped her win the million dollars. "Jenny, I just do not know how to thank you," said the contestant. "Because of your knowing the answer to that final question, I am now a millionaire.
And do you want to know something? It was your assuredness with which you answered the question that convinced me to go with your choice. By the way......how did you happen to know the right answer?"

"Oh, come on!" said the blonde. "Everybody knows that cuckoos don't build nests. They live in clocks
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 02:48:13 AM
Time to hit the road for work, enjoy your day guys.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 04:23:22 AM
Time for a sheesh!
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2015, 05:15:48 AM
Morning LSU
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 05:21:14 AM
Morning LSU
Good morning Native.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 05:22:30 AM
Morning LSU
Traveling home yet?
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2015, 05:29:38 AM
Morning LSU
Traveling home yet?
Heading out in about an hour and a half.  Will have to deal with that storm front somewhere along the way, probably Alabama.  Spending tonight in Birmingham.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on December 28, 2015, 06:02:18 AM
good morning Chip and Dave. safe travels Dave.
EPC 2nd corona and coffee.
70° and clear, 100% humidity, high of 82° predicted.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2015, 06:09:08 AM
good morning Chip and Dave. safe travels Dave.
EPC 2nd corona and coffee.
70° and clear, 100% humidity, high of 82° predicted.
Morning Dean
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 06:13:34 AM
Morning LSU
Traveling home yet?
Heading out in about an hour and a half.  Will have to deal with that storm front somewhere along the way, probably Alabama.  Spending tonight in Birmingham.
I got into this morning coming to work, tornado warnings and hurricane type rain.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 06:13:56 AM
good morning Chip and Dave. safe travels Dave.
EPC 2nd corona and coffee.
70° and clear, 100% humidity, high of 82° predicted.
Good morning Dean.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 06:14:43 AM
Morning LSU
Traveling home yet?
Heading out in about an hour and a half.  Will have to deal with that storm front somewhere along the way, probably Alabama.  Spending tonight in Birmingham.
Departure time depends on the hair dryer though I am sure.  :-)
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on December 28, 2015, 06:18:48 AM
Morning LSU
Traveling home yet?
Heading out in about an hour and a half.  Will have to deal with that storm front somewhere along the way, probably Alabama.  Spending tonight in Birmingham.
Departure time depends on the hair dryer though I am sure.  :-)
why women don't just stick their head out the window going down the road is beyond me.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2015, 06:39:39 AM
Morning LSU
Traveling home yet?
Heading out in about an hour and a half.  Will have to deal with that storm front somewhere along the way, probably Alabama.  Spending tonight in Birmingham.
Departure time depends on the hair dryer though I am sure.  :-)
why women don't just stick their head out the window going down the road is beyond me.
Just proves a good hunting dog is smarter :)
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2015, 06:40:41 AM
Morning LSU
Traveling home yet?
Heading out in about an hour and a half.  Will have to deal with that storm front somewhere along the way, probably Alabama.  Spending tonight in Birmingham.
Departure time depends on the hair dryer though I am sure.  :-)
Goes without saying :)
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2015, 07:31:04 AM
Morning Chip, Dave and Dean.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2015, 07:32:25 AM
Safe travels today Tex.  Not very nice out there for sure.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2015, 07:48:51 AM
Safe travels today Tex.  Not very nice out there for sure.
Thanks, gassing up now and on the road.  Later all
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2015, 08:01:25 AM
Morning Chip, Dave and Dean.
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2015, 08:20:30 AM
CLE Cuarenta 11/18 with coffee to start the day.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2015, 08:21:26 AM
Today is Monday, Dec. 28, the 362nd day of 2015. There are three days left in the year.
Yikes...!
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Threebean on December 28, 2015, 08:40:47 AM
Today is Monday, Dec. 28, the 362nd day of 2015. There are three days left in the year.
Yikes...!
TWSS.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Threebean on December 28, 2015, 08:42:46 AM
Morning AtHomeDave, Travellin'HomeDave, AtWorkChip, HandyMan'Dean.  Hail here last night, and now 34 deg.  Nippily!
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2015, 08:53:31 AM
Morning AtHomeDave, Travellin'HomeDave, AtWorkChip, HandyMan'Dean.  Hail here last night, and now 34 deg.  Nippily!
Morning Beano, bundle up!
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 28, 2015, 09:02:44 AM
Good morning all!  Final week of 2015, and I'm not too sad to see it go.  Hope everyone had a great weekend/holiday!
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Threebean on December 28, 2015, 09:24:25 AM
Good morning all!  Final week of 2015, and I'm not too sad to see it go.  Hope everyone had a great weekend/holiday!
Good morning, Sam.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: sfish on December 28, 2015, 09:35:19 AM
Good morning everybody, I hope and trust you all had a great X-mas
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2015, 09:54:23 AM
Morning Sam and Fishy.  Hope you had a good Christmas.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Threebean on December 28, 2015, 10:01:08 AM
Good morning everybody, I hope and trust you all had a great X-mas
Morning Biebs.  Spent the weekend working on the f'kn bathroom.  So yeah, it was great.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 28, 2015, 10:06:04 AM
Good morning everybody, I hope and trust you all had a great X-mas
Mornin' Scott.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2015, 10:06:44 AM
Good morning everybody, I hope and trust you all had a great X-mas
Morning Biebs.  Spent the weekend working on the f'kn bathroom.  So yeah, it was great.
But won't  that first dump feel good!
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2015, 10:07:27 AM
Good morning everybody, I hope and trust you all had a great X-mas
Morning Biebs.  Spent the weekend working on the f'kn bathroom.  So yeah, it was great.
How much do you have left?
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 28, 2015, 10:07:38 AM
Good morning all!  Final week of 2015, and I'm not too sad to see it go.  Hope everyone had a great weekend/holiday!
Good morning, Sam.
Hey Mark, no hail here, but went from 68 deg yesterday to 40 this morning.  have to get used to the cold all over again.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 28, 2015, 10:08:46 AM
Morning Sam and Fishy.  Hope you had a good Christmas.
Hi Dave!  had a good Christmas, thanks.  pretty much saw all of the immediate family and got to actually stay home and chill yesterday.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Threebean on December 28, 2015, 10:16:52 AM
Good morning everybody, I hope and trust you all had a great X-mas
Morning Biebs.  Spent the weekend working on the f'kn bathroom.  So yeah, it was great.
How much do you have left?
Not too much.  Waiting on the cabinet mfg to send us the correct medicine cabinets now.  And some trim work.  Warden has to select the pulls.  And painting, of course, which the warden is doing.  I can't paint correctly, anyway (according to her), which is fine by me.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 28, 2015, 10:20:58 AM
I think Bad Dad likes the Acid line, I just got a notice from Cigar Place 'Meet Your Maker" Acid sampler for $39.99 14 cigars.  seems to me these usually go for around $4 or $5 a stick.  didn't research it too much, may not be just Acids, but looks like a good deal if you like infused cigars.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 28, 2015, 10:22:02 AM
Didn't mean to single out Dad for this, just remembered him posting about Acids and wanted him to see this.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: flip from jersey on December 28, 2015, 10:39:43 AM
Didn't mean to single out Dad for this, just remembered him posting about Acids and wanted him to see this.
it could be worse, he could like real cigars like Gurkhas, instead of the flavored /infused acids.
Good morning boys...
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Threebean on December 28, 2015, 10:40:04 AM
Didn't mean to single out Dad for this, just remembered him posting about Acids and wanted him to see this.
A handful of decent fiver deals at the Page today.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2015, 10:43:10 AM
I think Bad Dad likes the Acid line, I just got a notice from Cigar Place 'Meet Your Maker" Acid sampler for $39.99 14 cigars.  seems to me these usually go for around $4 or $5 a stick.  didn't research it too much, may not be just Acids, but looks like a good deal if you like infused cigars.
Not a bad offer if (as you said) you like Acids.  They've offered this fiver line-up before, good prices but not as good as some single or scorcher offerings they've made.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2015, 10:45:43 AM
Good to have the sun out for a change today.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 28, 2015, 11:12:58 AM
evidently everyone is outside enjoying said sunshine.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Threebean on December 28, 2015, 11:19:56 AM
evidently everyone is outside enjoying said sunshine.
Sunshine lull.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: flip from jersey on December 28, 2015, 11:26:01 AM
evidently everyone is outside enjoying said sunshine.
Sunshine lull.
Mr. Mayor might be working hard, or hardly working, it ain't east to tell which.  8)
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Threebean on December 28, 2015, 11:36:53 AM
evidently everyone is outside enjoying said sunshine.
Sunshine lull.
Mr. Mayor might be working hard, or hardly working, it ain't east to tell which.  8)
He has perfected that feint?  Kudos.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2015, 12:11:30 PM
evidently everyone is outside enjoying said sunshine.
Sunshine lull.
Mr. Mayor might be working hard, or hardly working, it ain't east to tell which.  8)
He's hardly working. Last day off and return to the grind tomorrow. It's gonna be rough.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: flip from jersey on December 28, 2015, 12:24:19 PM
Don't need to go out for lunch.  Brought prime Rib on an Italian semolina loaf, with provolone and cheddar.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2015, 12:31:41 PM
Hello everyone.  It's still raining her in St. Louis for the 3rd day.  All kinds of flood warnings going off.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2015, 12:39:41 PM
I think Bad Dad likes the Acid line, I just got a notice from Cigar Place 'Meet Your Maker" Acid sampler for $39.99 14 cigars.  seems to me these usually go for around $4 or $5 a stick.  didn't research it too much, may not be just Acids, but looks like a good deal if you like infused cigars.
Thanks for the heads up on the Acids Sam....  Presently I like the Kuba Kuba Maduro, Cold Infusion, and I have some  Subculture Mantra and Toast to try yet.  But I'm afraid to say, "My humidors are packed, and can't hold much more."  So, I'll have to smoke up some room before I'll be able to buy more...
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2015, 12:41:51 PM
Didn't mean to single out Dad for this, just remembered him posting about Acids and wanted him to see this.
it could be worse, he could like real cigars like Gurkhas, instead of the flavored /infused acids.
Good morning boys...
I just bought a 10 pack of Park Avenues last week for $24.50.  So, I guess it's worse than you had thought... :)
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 28, 2015, 12:42:56 PM
evidently everyone is outside enjoying said sunshine.
Sunshine lull.
Mr. Mayor might be working hard, or hardly working, it ain't east to tell which.  8)
He's hardly working. Last day off and return to the grind tomorrow. It's gonna be rough.
Hi Tony!  returned today, and yes, it is rough.  Bright side though, boss came in and took me to lunch at the Big Fish here in Wilmington.  Usually have a great meal there, today was no different, Cobb Salad.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 28, 2015, 12:43:24 PM
I think Bad Dad likes the Acid line, I just got a notice from Cigar Place 'Meet Your Maker" Acid sampler for $39.99 14 cigars.  seems to me these usually go for around $4 or $5 a stick.  didn't research it too much, may not be just Acids, but looks like a good deal if you like infused cigars.
Thanks for the heads up on the Acids Sam....  Presently I like the Kuba Kuba Maduro, Cold Infusion, and I have some  Subculture Mantra and Toast to try yet.  But I'm afraid to say, "My humidors are packed, and can't hold much more."  So, I'll have to smoke up some room before I'll be able to buy more...
Not a bad problem to have I'd say.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 28, 2015, 12:45:05 PM
Didn't mean to single out Dad for this, just remembered him posting about Acids and wanted him to see this.
it could be worse, he could like real cigars like Gurkhas, instead of the flavored /infused acids.
Good morning boys...
I just bought a 10 pack of Park Avenues last week for $24.50.  So, I guess it's worse than you had thought... :)
Good choice.  I like the whole Park Avenue line.  like the Hababo & Connie better than the maduro, but they're all 3 good for the money imo.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2015, 12:49:49 PM
I think Bad Dad likes the Acid line, I just got a notice from Cigar Place 'Meet Your Maker" Acid sampler for $39.99 14 cigars.  seems to me these usually go for around $4 or $5 a stick.  didn't research it too much, may not be just Acids, but looks like a good deal if you like infused cigars.
Not a bad offer if (as you said) you like Acids.  They've offered this fiver line-up before, good prices but not as good as some single or scorcher offerings they've made.
The 14 cigar deal looks pretty good.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2015, 12:54:28 PM
Didn't mean to single out Dad for this, just remembered him posting about Acids and wanted him to see this.
it could be worse, he could like real cigars like Gurkhas, instead of the flavored /infused acids.
Good morning boys...
I just bought a 10 pack of Park Avenues last week for $24.50.  So, I guess it's worse than you had thought... :)
Good choice.  I like the whole Park Avenue line.  like the Hababo & Connie better than the maduro, but they're all 3 good for the money imo.
I had a Park Avenue Connecticut a few years ago in a sampler, and remember liking it.  I also like the Graycliff G2 Connecticut, but I'm out of them.  When I saw the Park Avenues 10 for $24.50 I went for it.  After a few months in the humidor, I'm sure they will be pretty good.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2015, 01:10:03 PM
Morning LSU
Traveling home yet?
Heading out in about an hour and a half.  Will have to deal with that storm front somewhere along the way, probably Alabama.  Spending tonight in Birmingham.
Departure time depends on the hair dryer though I am sure.  :-)
why women don't just stick their head out the window going down the road is beyond me.
I've known my wife to have gone outside during the summer, and put her head over the central air unit to dry her hair.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2015, 01:12:21 PM
Today is Monday, Dec. 28, the 362nd day of 2015. There are three days left in the year.
Yikes...!
Yikes is right...  I have a pork roast that needs to be eaten or frozen by the 30th...!!!
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2015, 01:17:26 PM
Good morning everybody, I hope and trust you all had a great X-mas
For Christmas I got a 2.5 watt Solar Panel Batery Charger for my truck.  You set it on the dashboard and plug it into your cigarette lighter and it keeps you 12v battery charged.  But my cigarette lighter isn't working.  I looked into the hole, and it looks corroded.  Do you think if I wrapped some emery paper around my finger and stuck it in there, it would clean it...?
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 28, 2015, 01:23:21 PM
Good morning everybody, I hope and trust you all had a great X-mas
For Christmas I got a 2.5 watt Solar Panel Batery Charger for my truck.  You set it on the dashboard and plug it into your cigarette lighter and it keeps you 12v battery charged.  But my cigarette lighter isn't working.  I looked into the hole, and it looks corroded.  Do you think if I wrapped some emery paper around my finger and stuck it in there, it would clean it...?
If you haven't checked the fuse then do that 1st, if the fuse is ok pull it out before you use emery cloth and be sure to blow the hole out before you put the fuse back as emery cloth uses metal abrasives and will cause a short if not cleaned up properly.  depends on how corroded it is.  metal in those things is pretty thin so it may just come apart inside.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2015, 03:05:12 PM
I think Bad Dad likes the Acid line, I just got a notice from Cigar Place 'Meet Your Maker" Acid sampler for $39.99 14 cigars.  seems to me these usually go for around $4 or $5 a stick.  didn't research it too much, may not be just Acids, but looks like a good deal if you like infused cigars.
Thanks for the heads up on the Acids Sam....  Presently I like the Kuba Kuba Maduro, Cold Infusion, and I have some  Subculture Mantra and Toast to try yet.  But I'm afraid to say, "My humidors are packed, and can't hold much more."  So, I'll have to smoke up some room before I'll be able to buy more...
Well, get on with it!
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2015, 03:05:49 PM
evidently everyone is outside enjoying said sunshine.
Sunshine lull.
Mr. Mayor might be working hard, or hardly working, it ain't east to tell which.  8)
He's hardly working. Last day off and return to the grind tomorrow. It's gonna be rough.
When does company leave?
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2015, 03:06:55 PM
Didn't mean to single out Dad for this, just remembered him posting about Acids and wanted him to see this.
it could be worse, he could like real cigars like Gurkhas, instead of the flavored /infused acids.
Good morning boys...
I just bought a 10 pack of Park Avenues last week for $24.50.  So, I guess it's worse than you had thought... :)
Good choice.  I like the whole Park Avenue line.  like the Hababo & Connie better than the maduro, but they're all 3 good for the money imo.
Decent AJF smokes.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2015, 03:07:36 PM
Good morning everybody, I hope and trust you all had a great X-mas
For Christmas I got a 2.5 watt Solar Panel Batery Charger for my truck.  You set it on the dashboard and plug it into your cigarette lighter and it keeps you 12v battery charged.  But my cigarette lighter isn't working.  I looked into the hole, and it looks corroded.  Do you think if I wrapped some emery paper around my finger and stuck it in there, it would clean it...?
If you haven't checked the fuse then do that 1st, if the fuse is ok pull it out before you use emery cloth and be sure to blow the hole out before you put the fuse back as emery cloth uses metal abrasives and will cause a short if not cleaned up properly.  depends on how corroded it is.  metal in those things is pretty thin so it may just come apart inside.
Thanks....  I'll give that a try when it ever stops raining.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2015, 03:08:33 PM
Didn't mean to single out Dad for this, just remembered him posting about Acids and wanted him to see this.
it could be worse, he could like real cigars like Gurkhas, instead of the flavored /infused acids.
Good morning boys...
I just bought a 10 pack of Park Avenues last week for $24.50.  So, I guess it's worse than you had thought... :)
Good choice.  I like the whole Park Avenue line.  like the Hababo & Connie better than the maduro, but they're all 3 good for the money imo.
I had a Park Avenue Connecticut a few years ago in a sampler, and remember liking it.  I also like the Graycliff G2 Connecticut, but I'm out of them.  When I saw the Park Avenues 10 for $24.50 I went for it.  After a few months in the humidor, I'm sure they will be pretty good.
Well G2's are CI DoD, so get yourself some tupperware and stock up!
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2015, 03:09:28 PM
I think Bad Dad likes the Acid line, I just got a notice from Cigar Place 'Meet Your Maker" Acid sampler for $39.99 14 cigars.  seems to me these usually go for around $4 or $5 a stick.  didn't research it too much, may not be just Acids, but looks like a good deal if you like infused cigars.
Thanks for the heads up on the Acids Sam....  Presently I like the Kuba Kuba Maduro, Cold Infusion, and I have some  Subculture Mantra and Toast to try yet.  But I'm afraid to say, "My humidors are packed, and can't hold much more."  So, I'll have to smoke up some room before I'll be able to buy more...
Well, get on with it!
I did start yesterday with a San Lotano Oval Maduro... :)
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 28, 2015, 03:19:19 PM
Didn't mean to single out Dad for this, just remembered him posting about Acids and wanted him to see this.
it could be worse, he could like real cigars like Gurkhas, instead of the flavored /infused acids.
Good morning boys...
I just bought a 10 pack of Park Avenues last week for $24.50.  So, I guess it's worse than you had thought... :)
Good choice.  I like the whole Park Avenue line.  like the Hababo & Connie better than the maduro, but they're all 3 good for the money imo.
Decent AJF smokes.
That's interesting, I didn't know that.  explains a couple of things.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2015, 03:37:31 PM
Didn't mean to single out Dad for this, just remembered him posting about Acids and wanted him to see this.
it could be worse, he could like real cigars like Gurkhas, instead of the flavored /infused acids.
Good morning boys...
I just bought a 10 pack of Park Avenues last week for $24.50.  So, I guess it's worse than you had thought... :)
Good choice.  I like the whole Park Avenue line.  like the Hababo & Connie better than the maduro, but they're all 3 good for the money imo.
I had a Park Avenue Connecticut a few years ago in a sampler, and remember liking it.  I also like the Graycliff G2 Connecticut, but I'm out of them.  When I saw the Park Avenues 10 for $24.50 I went for it.  After a few months in the humidor, I'm sure they will be pretty good.
Well G2's are CI DoD, so get yourself some tupperware and stock up!
What's DoD...?  Is that like a house brand..?
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 28, 2015, 04:29:28 PM
[...]
I believe he's referring to the "Deal Of the Day", but around here, you never know.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 28, 2015, 04:30:07 PM
and, with that, I'm outta here.  Nice echo....
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2015, 04:47:04 PM
[...]
Yes, that is what I meant.  I wasn't trying to be cryptic.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2015, 04:47:26 PM
Have a good one Sam.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2015, 04:50:50 PM
Afternoon smokers, made it to Birmingham with monsoon conditions since Atlanta.  Damn it was raining like a mf'r!
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on December 28, 2015, 05:05:33 PM
Good morning everybody, I hope and trust you all had a great X-mas
For Christmas I got a 2.5 watt Solar Panel Batery Charger for my truck.  You set it on the dashboard and plug it into your cigarette lighter and it keeps you 12v battery charged.  But my cigarette lighter isn't working.  I looked into the hole, and it looks corroded.  Do you think if I wrapped some emery paper around my finger and stuck it in there, it would clean it...?
If you haven't checked the fuse then do that 1st, if the fuse is ok pull it out before you use emery cloth and be sure to blow the hole out before you put the fuse back as emery cloth uses metal abrasives and will cause a short if not cleaned up properly.  depends on how corroded it is.  metal in those things is pretty thin so it may just come apart inside.
Thanks....  I'll give that a try when it ever stops raining.
Use a pencil eraser and "polish" it gently.  Blow it out with canned air.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2015, 05:17:00 PM
Good morning everybody, I hope and trust you all had a great X-mas
For Christmas I got a 2.5 watt Solar Panel Batery Charger for my truck.  You set it on the dashboard and plug it into your cigarette lighter and it keeps you 12v battery charged.  But my cigarette lighter isn't working.  I looked into the hole, and it looks corroded.  Do you think if I wrapped some emery paper around my finger and stuck it in there, it would clean it...?
If you haven't checked the fuse then do that 1st, if the fuse is ok pull it out before you use emery cloth and be sure to blow the hole out before you put the fuse back as emery cloth uses metal abrasives and will cause a short if not cleaned up properly.  depends on how corroded it is.  metal in those things is pretty thin so it may just come apart inside. J
Thanks....  I'll give that a try when it ever stops raining.
Use a pencil eraser and "polish" it gently.  Blow it out with canned air.
Just stick your pecker in the hole then have CB blow it out  ;D
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on December 28, 2015, 05:22:45 PM
[...]
Blow it out yo' azz Tex!  Dave is an Azztex!
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2015, 05:32:05 PM
[...]
LMAO
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2015, 05:41:38 PM
New Ban Bill Hits Congress: Targets Semi-Automatic Rifles & Handguns: “To Ensure That The Right To Keep and Bear Arms Is NOT Unlimited”

http://libertynews.com/2015/12/new-ban-bill-hits-congress-targets-semi-automatic-rifles-handguns-to-ensure-that-the-right-to-keep-and-bear-arms-is-not-unlimited/?utm_source=co2hog

Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2015, 05:42:22 PM
Settled in for the night Tex?  Weather look clear for the rest of the trip?
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2015, 05:47:39 PM
[...]
It was Joe's deal 10 G2 Maduros.  But the deal of the day was HC Series Shade Grown, 20 cigars as low as $32.50, which if I had room, I think I'd go for these.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2015, 05:48:46 PM
Settled in for the night Tex?  Weather look clear for the rest of the trip?
Yes sir in the hotel and dining at the Ruth Chris right here in the lobby.

Weather looks pretty good for the rest of the trip but that can change at any time
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2015, 05:51:57 PM
[...]
Thanks for the idea.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2015, 05:57:26 PM
Earlier I asked my wife if she was hungry...?  She said she was starving.  So I went to Papa Johns and bought an Ex-Large Pizza, and 30 chicken wings (not whole wings, but 30 sections).  She wanted 1 slice of pizza, and 3 chicken pieces.  See the communication problem we've had for over 40 years.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2015, 06:00:35 PM
Cigar Biz has the MF Fathers Day Samplers back in stock at $30.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2015, 06:05:39 PM
Cigar Biz has the MF Fathers Day Samplers back in stock at $30.
Ya made me look.. :)
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2015, 06:07:51 PM
I'm going to take a little break... bbl.
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2015, 06:31:05 PM
Free vodka time!
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on December 28, 2015, 06:57:03 PM
Free vodka time!
Hope you're not driving tomorrow.  Can your heart stand it?
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2015, 07:12:41 PM
Free vodka time!
Hope you're not driving tomorrow.  Can your heart stand it?
I am driving and heart is questionable but something has to kill me so WTF
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on December 28, 2015, 07:46:33 PM
Free vodka time!
Hope you're not driving tomorrow.  Can your heart stand it?
I am driving and heart is questionable but something has to kill me so WTF
All that free "elixer"?
Title: Re: 12/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2015, 07:52:00 PM
According to a Cleveland.com report, Johnn Manziel is in the hot seat yet again over an Instagram video he posted on Christmas Eve.

The video shows Manziel and a friend listening to a song and singing the words while holding what appears to be alcoholic drinks. The quarterback is already on a tight leash with his head coach, and this didn’t seem to help his case.

“Anytime there’s something with our players that casts them potentially in a bad light, whether it’s Johnny or any of our other guys, it’s certainly a concern,” said Browns coach Mike Pettine. “I’m sure I’ll see it, I’ll have a discussion with him about it.”