CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on April 16, 2017, 12:00:09 AM

Title: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on April 16, 2017, 12:00:09 AM
Hopefully the Easter Bunny will bring some cigar deals.  Share what you know in this forum and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Thor on April 16, 2017, 01:40:19 AM
Happy Easter, everyone. A peaceful day to all!
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2017, 05:33:12 AM
Morning Easter Bunnies!
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2017, 05:46:25 AM
A pretty decent offering at CI Joe this morning, $2.50 cheaper than on the Jam yesterday.

Drew Estate Undercrown - Gran Toro
5 Cigars/$24.99
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2017, 06:03:49 AM
Looks like someone illegally dumped their trash out at the Sister.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2017, 06:10:02 AM
Happy Easter smokers of the leaf.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 16, 2017, 06:29:46 AM
Morning SoonToBeCarolinaDave and Mr. Rick.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 16, 2017, 06:30:50 AM
Today is Easter Sunday, April 16, the 106th day of 2017. There are 259 days left in the year.

Today's Highlights in History:

On April 16, 1947, the cargo ship Grandcamp, carrying a load of ammonium nitrate, blew up in the harbor in Texas City, Texas; a nearby ship, the High Flyer, which was carrying ammonium nitrate and sulfur, caught fire as a result and exploded the following day; the blasts and fires killed nearly 600 people. In a speech at the South Carolina statehouse in Columbia, financier Bernard M. Baruch said: "Let us not be deceived - we are today in the midst of a cold war."

On this date:

In 1789, President-elect George Washington left Mount Vernon, Virginia, for his inauguration in New York.

In 1867, aviation pioneer Wilbur Wright was born in Millville, Indiana (his brother Orville was born five years later in Dayton, Ohio).

In 1912, American aviator Harriet Quimby became the first woman to fly across the English Channel, leaving Dover, England, and arriving near Calais, France, in 59 minutes.

In 1917, following the abdication of Czar Nicholas II, Vladimir Ilyich Lenin returned to Russia after years of exile.

In 1937, the Laurel & Hardy slapstick comedy "Way Out West" was released by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.

In 1940, Major League Baseball's first (and, to date, only) opening day no-hitter took place as Bob Feller of the Cleveland Indians pitched a no-no against the Chicago White Sox, 1-0, at Comiskey Park.

In 1945, during World War II, a Soviet submarine in the Baltic Sea torpedoed and sank the MV Goya, which Germany was using to transport civilian refugees and wounded soldiers; it's estimated that up to 7,000 people died. In his first speech to Congress, President Harry S. Truman pledged to carry out the war and peace policies of his late predecessor, President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

In 1963, Martin Luther King, Jr. wrote his "Letter from Birmingham Jail" in which he said, "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

In 1972, Apollo 16 blasted off on a voyage to the moon with astronauts John W. Young, Charles M. Duke Jr. and Ken Mattingly on board.

In 1986, dispelling rumors he was dead, Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi appeared on television to condemn the U.S. raid on his country and to say that Libyans were "ready to die" defending their nation.

In 1996, Britain's Prince Andrew and his wife, Sarah, the Duchess of York, announced they were in the process of divorcing.

In 2014, 304 people, mostly students, died when a South Korean ferry, the Sewol, sank while en route from Incheon to the resort island of Jeju; 172 people survived.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 16, 2017, 06:31:18 AM
Ten years ago: In one of America's worst school attacks, college senior Seung-Hui Cho (sung-wee joh) killed 32 people on the campus of Virginia Tech before taking his own life. Robert Cheruiyot (CHEHR'-ee-aht) of Kenya won the Boston Marathon for the third time in 2:14:13; Russia's Lidiya Grigoryeva (grih-gohr-YEV'-uh) captured the women's race in 2:29:18. Carrie Underwood's dark hit "Before He Cheats" won video of the year, female video and best video director at the fan-voted CMT Music Awards.

Five years ago: A trial began in Oslo, Norway, for Anders Breivik (AHN'-durs BRAY'-vihk), charged with killing 77 people in a bomb and gun rampage in July 2011. (Breivik was found guilty of terrorism and premeditated murder and given a 21-year prison sentence.) The Associated Press won a Pulitzer Prize for investigative reporting for documenting the New York Police Department's widespread spying on Muslims, while the Philadelphia Inquirer was honored in the public service category for its examination of violence in the city's schools; for the first time in 35 years, no Pulitzer for fiction was given.

One year ago: In an extraordinary gesture, Pope Francis brought 12 Syrian Muslims to Italy aboard his plane after an emotional visit to the Greek island of Lesbos, which was facing the brunt of Europe's migration crisis. A magnitude 7.8 earthquake on Ecuador's central coast near the town of Muisne (MWIHZ'-nee) killed more than 660 people.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 16, 2017, 06:31:47 AM
Today's Birthdays: Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI is 90. Actor Peter Mark Richman is 90. Singer Bobby Vinton is 82. Denmark's Queen Margrethe II is 77. Basketball Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is 70. Former Massachusetts first lady Ann Romney is 68. NFL coach Bill Belichick is 65. Rock singer and former politician Peter Garrett is 64. Actress Ellen Barkin is 63. Actor Michel Gill (TV: "House of Cards"; "Mr. Robot") is 57. Rock musician Jason Scheff (Chicago) is 55. Singer Jimmy Osmond is 54. Rock singer David Pirner (Soul Asylum) is 53. Actor-comedian Martin Lawrence is 52. Actor Jon Cryer is 52. Rock musician Dan Rieser is 51. Actor Peter Billingsley is 46. Actor Lukas Haas is 41. Actress-singer Kelli O'Hara is 41. Figure skater Mirai Nagasu is 24. Actress Sadie Sink is 15.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 16, 2017, 06:32:21 AM
Thought for Today: "Chaos is the score upon which reality is written." - Henry Miller, American author (1891-1980).
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2017, 07:29:05 AM
Morning Dave
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 16, 2017, 07:30:44 AM
Tony must be out hiding his elf in the basket.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2017, 07:30:47 AM
Really liking those Gispert intenso from AJ. Good smoke.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 16, 2017, 07:34:26 AM
Really liking those Gispert intenso from AJ. Good smoke.
Can't say I heard of them before your mention.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2017, 07:39:26 AM
Really liking those Gispert intenso from AJ. Good smoke.
Can't say I heard of them before your mention.
They are brand new. I had them at a recent event for the new 505 Romeo. Both great cigars. I spring for a box of the Gispert, very pleased.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2017, 07:41:44 AM
Really liking those Gispert intenso from AJ. Good smoke.
Can't say I heard of them before your mention.
They are brand new. I had them at a recent event for the new 505 Romeo. Both great cigars. I spring for a box of the Gispert, very pleased.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170416/f8f2138e6dc0f7761bd7d8fa0b7f561f.jpg)
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2017, 08:11:49 AM
Happy Easter guys.
hop to it.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2017, 08:13:41 AM
CAO La Traviata maduro and coffee then off to breakfast.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 16, 2017, 08:18:58 AM
Morning ObamacareDean.  Happy Easter.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 16, 2017, 08:19:35 AM
Cabaiguan finished, time to get ready for church.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2017, 08:26:25 AM
Cabaiguan finished, time to get ready for church.
I tend to stay away from church on major holidays. people show up I've never seen the rest of the year and they make me feel uncomfortable.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2017, 08:29:49 AM
Happy Easter Dean.
Have a good day Dave.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2017, 08:58:43 AM
Pretty cool that the former Pope's 90th birthday falls on Easter.

Good morning, fellas.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2017, 09:04:31 AM
Pretty cool that the former Pope's 90th birthday falls on Easter.

Good morning, fellas.
morning Tony.
I'm off to breakfast, then setting up a wireless printer, transplanting elephant ears, and cooking a spiral ham for dinner.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 16, 2017, 09:17:41 AM
Happy Easter one and all.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2017, 10:00:04 AM
Pretty cool that the former Pope's 90th birthday falls on Easter.

Good morning, fellas.
morning Tony.
I'm off to breakfast, then setting up a wireless printer, transplanting elephant ears, and cooking a spiral ham for dinner.
Almost made a ham too. Wound up making lamb shanks instead. I prepped everything in advance so that I could just reheat and take it easy today.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2017, 10:02:32 AM
Happy Easter one and all.
Right back atcha, Mikey.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2017, 10:11:50 AM
70° and clear already and we're heading to 87° today. Seems like a bit much.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2017, 11:08:43 AM
Pretty cool that the former Pope's 90th birthday falls on Easter.

Good morning, fellas.
morning Tony.
I'm off to breakfast, then setting up a wireless printer, transplanting elephant ears, and cooking a spiral ham for dinner.
Almost made a ham too. Wound up making lamb shanks instead. I prepped everything in advance so that I could just reheat and take it easy today.
Beef Tenderloin, grilled veggies  and twice baked potatoes here.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 16, 2017, 11:19:20 AM
Pretty cool that the former Pope's 90th birthday falls on Easter.

Good morning, fellas.
morning Tony.
I'm off to breakfast, then setting up a wireless printer, transplanting elephant ears, and cooking a spiral ham for dinner.
If it's wireless, what is there to set up?  Don't you mean plug in? ... ;)
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 16, 2017, 11:31:10 AM
Happy Easter one and all.
Right back atcha, Mikey.
Do the kids still hunt Easter eggs?
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 16, 2017, 11:47:12 AM
Happy Easter one and all.
Right back atcha, Mikey.
Do the kids still hunt Easter eggs?
Of course CB, don't act so old.
Need to go down to my brother's this afternoon to hide some for my 4 yo cousin.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2017, 11:56:42 AM
Pretty cool that the former Pope's 90th birthday falls on Easter.

Good morning, fellas.
morning Tony.
I'm off to breakfast, then setting up a wireless printer, transplanting elephant ears, and cooking a spiral ham for dinner.
If it's wireless, what is there to set up?  Don't you mean plug in? ... ;)
LOL, you ever tried to get one set-up?  I did it back around Christmas, supposed to be "one of the simplest to set up". Yeah, only took about an hour.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2017, 12:37:47 PM
Happy Easter one and all.
Right back atcha, Mikey.
Do the kids still hunt Easter eggs?
They absolutely do. Which is why I was up at 3:am hiding eggs around the house.

They had a blast, so it was worth it.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2017, 01:35:12 PM
Happy Easter one and all.
Right back atcha, Mikey.
Do the kids still hunt Easter eggs?
They absolutely do. Which is why I was up at 3:am hiding eggs around the house.

They had a blast, so it was worth it.
Even better than moving the elf? ;D
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2017, 02:15:57 PM
Pretty cool that the former Pope's 90th birthday falls on Easter.

Good morning, fellas.
morning Tony.
I'm off to breakfast, then setting up a wireless printer, transplanting elephant ears, and cooking a spiral ham for dinner.
Almost made a ham too. Wound up making lamb shanks instead. I prepped everything in advance so that I could just reheat and take it easy today.
Beef Tenderloin, grilled veggies  and twice baked potatoes here.
That made for a mighty damn good meal!  Now some apple pie!
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 16, 2017, 03:52:48 PM
Happy Easter, muchachos.

As the self-appointed chaplain of the banter, allow me to remind that the day isn't about a goddam rabbit.

You may now resume the normal blasphemy.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2017, 05:01:48 PM
Namakubi Ecuador H-Town Exclusive Lancero lit.  Son's SC friend Wesley Bryan is in first place in the golf tournament after the 15th .
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2017, 05:38:56 PM
Namakubi Ecuador H-Town Exclusive Lancero lit.  Son's SC friend Wesley Bryan is in first place in the golf tournament after the 15th .
Wesley Bryan wins by 1 stroke with a -13, first year on the tour.

1st SC native to win that tournament in its 49 year history (tournament is in Hilton Head).
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2017, 06:01:31 PM
A pretty decent offering at CI Joe this morning, $2.50 cheaper than on the Jam yesterday.

Drew Estate Undercrown - Gran Toro
5 Cigars/$24.99
Been a looonngggg time since I saw this on a CI Joes Special

Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2017, 08:03:02 PM
Watching some Bull Riding
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 16, 2017, 08:48:32 PM
Happy Easter, muchachos.

As the self-appointed chaplain of the banter, allow me to remind that the day isn't about a goddam rabbit.

You may now resume the normal blasphemy.
Everybody knows it's about the peeps.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 16, 2017, 08:50:36 PM
A pretty decent offering at CI Joe this morning, $2.50 cheaper than on the Jam yesterday.

Drew Estate Undercrown - Gran Toro
5 Cigars/$24.99
Been a looonngggg time since I saw this on a CI Joes Special
What happened to "tough cookies"?
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 16, 2017, 09:37:05 PM
A pretty decent offering at CI Joe this morning, $2.50 cheaper than on the Jam yesterday.

Drew Estate Undercrown - Gran Toro
5 Cigars/$24.99
Been a looonngggg time since I saw this on a CI Joes Special
What happened to "tough cookies"?
Tough cookies used to be after a early completion of a fast moving Jam full of interesting cigars.
They haven't moved that much volume in a long time.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 16, 2017, 09:37:16 PM
Happy Easter, muchachos.

As the self-appointed chaplain of the banter, allow me to remind that the day isn't about a goddam rabbit.

You may now resume the normal blasphemy.
Everybody knows it's about the peeps.
God those things disgust me.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 16, 2017, 09:43:41 PM
Just got back from chauffeuring the parents down to my brother's for Easter dinner.  Brought down a couple of growlers from River Horse brewery (about a mile away).  Milk stout and a Motueka IPA (citrusy New Zealand Hops).  Good for a day in the upper 80's.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 16, 2017, 09:52:39 PM
Happy Easter, muchachos.

As the self-appointed chaplain of the banter, allow me to remind that the day isn't about a goddam rabbit.

You may now resume the normal blasphemy.
Everybody knows it's about the peeps.
God those things disgust me.
Yum!  Factory is just down the road a bit from CI Superstore.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 16, 2017, 09:53:20 PM
Happy Easter, muchachos.

As the self-appointed chaplain of the banter, allow me to remind that the day isn't about a goddam rabbit.

You may now resume the normal blasphemy.
Everybody knows it's about the peeps.
God those things disgust me.
Yum!  Factory is just down the road a bit from CI Superstore.
Tell them I said you could have mine.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 16, 2017, 09:56:03 PM
Happy Easter, muchachos.

As the self-appointed chaplain of the banter, allow me to remind that the day isn't about a goddam rabbit.

You may now resume the normal blasphemy.
Proper Easter spirit in Philly today...
http://6abc.com/news/2-dead-in-violent-easter-weekend-in-philadelphia/1881871/
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 16, 2017, 09:59:58 PM
Hope Dean has a peep hole to use before he opens his front door!  Yikes!

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nation/2017/04/16/alligator-walks-right-up-homeowner's-front-door/100547568/
Mating season my ass!
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 16, 2017, 10:03:50 PM
Happy Easter, muchachos.

As the self-appointed chaplain of the banter, allow me to remind that the day isn't about a goddam rabbit.

You may now resume the normal blasphemy.
Proper Easter spirit in Philly today...
http://6abc.com/news/2-dead-in-violent-easter-weekend-in-philadelphia/1881871/
Dumbest statement of the day: "...because we don't know what is going to anger people and make them resort to gunfire."

The same damned things that have been making people kill each other since we lived in trees, genius. Fear, anger, resentment, hate, jealousy, ego, territory, greed, insanity, lust, and sheer meanness.

The good news is we've managed to reduce the percentage of the population that gives into the basest impulse. But there are always going to be some that do.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Thor on April 16, 2017, 10:29:01 PM
Just threw an eyeball at joes daily deal. Do my eyes deceive me? Have they ditched the banter altogether?
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 16, 2017, 10:35:17 PM
Just threw an eyeball at joes daily deal. Do my eyes deceive me? Have they ditched the banter altogether?
They tossed it over to Facebook.
Title: Re: Happy Easter! - 4/16/2017
Post by: Thor on April 16, 2017, 10:39:46 PM
So, there's no longer a link between CI and FB for purposes of the banter??