CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42

Author Topic: 6/6/2014  (Read 95428 times)

KC

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #570 on: June 06, 2014, 10:16:33 PM »

It's CROWN FRIDAY!!  Where is Sooner Jeff?  He probably has some lame-ass excuse that he had to spend quality time with the family.  Sheesh! 

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #571 on: June 06, 2014, 10:17:02 PM »

Good evening boys and girls....

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #572 on: June 06, 2014, 10:24:36 PM »

BD, KC how you be?

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #573 on: June 06, 2014, 10:25:35 PM »

That's pretty good that the tell you when it is bed time.-----TRO-----Unfortunately, they also tell us when it's breakfast time.  And it isn't always when it's our breakfast time.  They have plenty of seeds and pellets, they just want the cover off and some petting and attention.  You have no idea how loud a 1.5 lb and a 2 lb bird can be.
Petey weights about an ounce and he can get noisey....  I couldn't imagine a 1 to 2 lb bird...

KC

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #574 on: June 06, 2014, 10:26:54 PM »

BD, KC how you be?
Oy/BD-----Evening gents!  Getting ready to fire up a DPG JJ Beli (Natural) and pour another RRG&C. 

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #575 on: June 06, 2014, 10:27:45 PM »

BD, KC how you be?
Hi Dave.... I've been resting up all day.  The kids really wore me out yesterday...

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #576 on: June 06, 2014, 10:28:43 PM »

BD, KC how you be?
Oy/BD-----Evening gents!  Getting ready to fire up a DPG JJ Beli (Natural) and pour another RRG&C.
Hi KC... I'm working on a Nub Maduro and a Wild Blue Beer.

KC

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #577 on: June 06, 2014, 10:30:27 PM »

That's pretty good that the tell you when it is bed time.-----TRO-----Unfortunately, they also tell us when it's breakfast time.  And it isn't always when it's our breakfast time.  They have plenty of seeds and pellets, they just want the cover off and some petting and attention.  You have no idea how loud a 1.5 lb and a 2 lb bird can be.
Petey weights about an ounce and he can get noisey....  I couldn't imagine a 1 to 2 lb bird...
Take my word for it, they can be deafening.  We're working on training them not to screech.  Jackie isn't too bad, it's Ralphie.  But it's mating season, so it's to be expected.  Jackie isn't old enough to mate yet, so we gave Ralphie a little teddy bear, and he humps the bear.   

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #578 on: June 06, 2014, 10:31:45 PM »

Enjoying a bowl of Macbarens Plum Cake. Finally found something I really enjoy, let hope it lasts more than two weeks.

Two weeks?  How many bowls have you already had for that lofty prediction?
this is my first of the plum cake. Had about 1/2 a dozen other blends that I didn't care much for.

What types of blends have they been?  Most Va centric and the majority of VaPers do nothing for me.  Some good flavors now and again, but not enough body or depth to keep my interest for a full bowl.  I much prefer heavier English stuff and generally like the "Scottish" types with a dose of black cav. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #579 on: June 06, 2014, 10:33:22 PM »

After a week here with hundreds of them nesting in trees just outside the hotel...and waking up together at about 6:30, indeed I do know!   :o

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #580 on: June 06, 2014, 10:34:36 PM »

Take my word for it, they can be deafening.  We're working on training them not to screech.  Jackie isn't too bad, it's Ralphie.  But it's mating season, so it's to be expected.  Jackie isn't old enough to mate yet, so we gave Ralphie a little teddy bear, and he humps the bear.
Did you have to glue some feathers onto the bear...? :)

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #581 on: June 06, 2014, 10:35:25 PM »

Enjoying a bowl of Macbarens Plum Cake. Finally found something I really enjoy, let hope it lasts more than two weeks.

Two weeks?  How many bowls have you already had for that lofty prediction?
this is my first of the plum cake. Had about 1/2 a dozen other blends that I didn't care much for.

What types of blends have they been?  Most Va centric and the majority of VaPers do nothing for me.  Some good flavors now and again, but not enough body or depth to keep my interest for a full bowl.  I much prefer heavier English stuff and generally like the "Scottish" types with a dose of black cav.
just learning, but up till now most taste the same. I'm just starting to see they have different tobaccos not just flavors.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #582 on: June 06, 2014, 10:40:18 PM »

After a week here with hundreds of them nesting in trees just outside the hotel...and waking up together at about 6:30, indeed I do know!   :o
We have some birds nesting in the tree outside of our bedroom window, and they wake up squawking around 3:30 - 4:00 am... I always thought they started at sunrise...?  Maybe the streetlights are confusing them..?

KC

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #583 on: June 06, 2014, 10:43:47 PM »

It's refreshing, isn't it?  Our two clowns are Umbrella Cockatoos, which are native to Sumatra.  Australia has several breeds, do you know which ones are outside your hotel? 

KC

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #584 on: June 06, 2014, 10:45:28 PM »

Did you have to glue some feathers onto the bear...?-----BD-----No.  He's not that selective.  Any port in a storm, as they say. 
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42