Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #570 on: June 06, 2014, 10:16:33 PM »

It's CROWN FRIDAY!!  Where is Sooner Jeff?  He probably has some lame-ass excuse that he had to spend quality time with the family.  Sheesh!
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #571 on: June 06, 2014, 10:17:02 PM »

Good evening boys and girls....
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #572 on: June 06, 2014, 10:24:36 PM »

Good evening boys and girls....
BD, KC how you be?
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #573 on: June 06, 2014, 10:25:35 PM »

That's pretty good that the tell you when it is bed time.-----TRO-----Unfortunately, they also tell us when it's breakfast time.  And it isn't always when it's our breakfast time.  They have plenty of seeds and pellets, they just want the cover off and some petting and attention.  You have no idea how loud a 1.5 lb and a 2 lb bird can be.
Petey weights about an ounce and he can get noisey....  I couldn't imagine a 1 to 2 lb bird...
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #574 on: June 06, 2014, 10:26:54 PM »

Good evening boys and girls....
BD, KC how you be?
Oy/BD-----Evening gents!  Getting ready to fire up a DPG JJ Beli (Natural) and pour another RRG&C.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #575 on: June 06, 2014, 10:27:45 PM »

Good evening boys and girls....
BD, KC how you be?
Hi Dave.... I've been resting up all day.  The kids really wore me out yesterday...
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #576 on: June 06, 2014, 10:28:43 PM »

Good evening boys and girls....
BD, KC how you be?
Oy/BD-----Evening gents!  Getting ready to fire up a DPG JJ Beli (Natural) and pour another RRG&C.
Hi KC... I'm working on a Nub Maduro and a Wild Blue Beer.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #577 on: June 06, 2014, 10:30:27 PM »

That's pretty good that the tell you when it is bed time.-----TRO-----Unfortunately, they also tell us when it's breakfast time.  And it isn't always when it's our breakfast time.  They have plenty of seeds and pellets, they just want the cover off and some petting and attention.  You have no idea how loud a 1.5 lb and a 2 lb bird can be.
Petey weights about an ounce and he can get noisey....  I couldn't imagine a 1 to 2 lb bird...
Take my word for it, they can be deafening.  We're working on training them not to screech.  Jackie isn't too bad, it's Ralphie.  But it's mating season, so it's to be expected.  Jackie isn't old enough to mate yet, so we gave Ralphie a little teddy bear, and he humps the bear.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #578 on: June 06, 2014, 10:31:45 PM »

Enjoying a bowl of Macbarens Plum Cake. Finally found something I really enjoy, let hope it lasts more than two weeks.

Two weeks?  How many bowls have you already had for that lofty prediction?
this is my first of the plum cake. Had about 1/2 a dozen other blends that I didn't care much for.

What types of blends have they been?  Most Va centric and the majority of VaPers do nothing for me.  Some good flavors now and again, but not enough body or depth to keep my interest for a full bowl.  I much prefer heavier English stuff and generally like the "Scottish" types with a dose of black cav.

« Reply #579 on: June 06, 2014, 10:33:22 PM »

That's pretty good that the tell you when it is bed time.-----TRO-----Unfortunately, they also tell us when it's breakfast time.  And it isn't always when it's our breakfast time.  They have plenty of seeds and pellets, they just want the cover off and some petting and attention.  You have no idea how loud a 1.5 lb and a 2 lb bird can be.
After a week here with hundreds of them nesting in trees just outside the hotel...and waking up together at about 6:30, indeed I do know!   :o
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #580 on: June 06, 2014, 10:34:36 PM »

That's pretty good that the tell you when it is bed time.-----TRO-----Unfortunately, they also tell us when it's breakfast time.  And it isn't always when it's our breakfast time.  They have plenty of seeds and pellets, they just want the cover off and some petting and attention.  You have no idea how loud a 1.5 lb and a 2 lb bird can be.
Petey weights about an ounce and he can get noisey....  I couldn't imagine a 1 to 2 lb bird...
Take my word for it, they can be deafening.  We're working on training them not to screech.  Jackie isn't too bad, it's Ralphie.  But it's mating season, so it's to be expected.  Jackie isn't old enough to mate yet, so we gave Ralphie a little teddy bear, and he humps the bear.
Did you have to glue some feathers onto the bear...? :)
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #581 on: June 06, 2014, 10:35:25 PM »

Enjoying a bowl of Macbarens Plum Cake. Finally found something I really enjoy, let hope it lasts more than two weeks.

Two weeks?  How many bowls have you already had for that lofty prediction?
this is my first of the plum cake. Had about 1/2 a dozen other blends that I didn't care much for.

What types of blends have they been?  Most Va centric and the majority of VaPers do nothing for me.  Some good flavors now and again, but not enough body or depth to keep my interest for a full bowl.  I much prefer heavier English stuff and generally like the "Scottish" types with a dose of black cav.
just learning, but up till now most taste the same. I'm just starting to see they have different tobaccos not just flavors.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #582 on: June 06, 2014, 10:40:18 PM »

That's pretty good that the tell you when it is bed time.-----TRO-----Unfortunately, they also tell us when it's breakfast time.  And it isn't always when it's our breakfast time.  They have plenty of seeds and pellets, they just want the cover off and some petting and attention.  You have no idea how loud a 1.5 lb and a 2 lb bird can be.
After a week here with hundreds of them nesting in trees just outside the hotel...and waking up together at about 6:30, indeed I do know!   :o
We have some birds nesting in the tree outside of our bedroom window, and they wake up squawking around 3:30 - 4:00 am... I always thought they started at sunrise...?  Maybe the streetlights are confusing them..?
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #583 on: June 06, 2014, 10:43:47 PM »

That's pretty good that the tell you when it is bed time.-----TRO-----Unfortunately, they also tell us when it's breakfast time.  And it isn't always when it's our breakfast time.  They have plenty of seeds and pellets, they just want the cover off and some petting and attention.  You have no idea how loud a 1.5 lb and a 2 lb bird can be.
After a week here with hundreds of them nesting in trees just outside the hotel...and waking up together at about 6:30, indeed I do know!   :o
It's refreshing, isn't it?  Our two clowns are Umbrella Cockatoos, which are native to Sumatra.  Australia has several breeds, do you know which ones are outside your hotel?
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #584 on: June 06, 2014, 10:45:28 PM »

Did you have to glue some feathers onto the bear...?-----BD-----No.  He's not that selective.  Any port in a storm, as they say.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42