TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #555 on: June 06, 2014, 09:34:21 PM »

I think this place has higher end potential.  Just a matter of the features being implemented and the community doing what it can do help grow the place. -----Will-----Evening Will!  Mark my words!!!  Eventually, Antnee is going to try and sell us vacuum cleaners, time shares, or life insurance. Maybe all three.
You need the vacuum cleaner to keep the time share clean and the life insurance to protect your time share investment, but do you really need the time share?
Evening, Tom…been thinking how this place good become a lot like BOTL.org…hope not in a way, some more features might be nice, but clean and simple no ads, thousands of sub-groups and crazy threads, forums, etc.
Hi Geo, glad to see you back.
Thanks, Tom…good to be back, you got something burning right now?
Just finished a San Cristobal.
I haven't a San Cristobal in a while, years in fact, tried that and the V for the first time on the same day, quite the lineup…looking at a box of Nat Sherman Timeless, had one the other night, impressed…
The San Cristobal is one of my favorites.  I first tried them as part of a DPG sampler that was one of the best deals I have seen.  As I recall it was 3 each of 5 different sticks (San Cristobal, LAdC EE, DPG Blue, DPG Cuban Classic and Tatuaje Havana VI) for $39.99.
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #556 on: June 06, 2014, 09:38:59 PM »

Do they usually stay quiet or do they fight it?-----TRO-----They start screeching around 8:00 pm, when they want to get covered up and go to sleep.  We turn the kitchen lights off, and most times they just go to sleep.  But in the morning, Ralphie starts screeching when he wants the cover off, letting us know we're sleeping a bit too late.
That's pretty good that the tell you when it is bed time.
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #557 on: June 06, 2014, 09:41:43 PM »

[...]
I remember that the deal was being talked about on the banter and Will said that you could by 7 of the deals and get 5 boxes of great cigars for $280.  So I took his advice.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #558 on: June 06, 2014, 09:45:01 PM »

That's pretty good that the tell you when it is bed time.-----TRO-----Unfortunately, they also tell us when it's breakfast time.  And it isn't always when it's our breakfast time.  They have plenty of seeds and pellets, they just want the cover off and some petting and attention.  You have no idea how loud a 1.5 lb and a 2 lb bird can be.
Logged

Geo

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • What is this place?
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #559 on: June 06, 2014, 09:47:57 PM »

[...]
I remember that now, so you took the plunge for 5 boxes... paid off!..Been just finished a tenner of the DPG CC, they can be had for pretty cheap these days, like that smoke a lot
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #560 on: June 06, 2014, 09:52:36 PM »

[...]
I still try to keep all of those cigars in stock.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #561 on: June 06, 2014, 09:53:27 PM »

Enjoying a bowl of Macbarens Plum Cake. Finally found something I really enjoy, let hope it lasts more than two weeks.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #562 on: June 06, 2014, 09:54:36 PM »

Enjoying a bowl of Macbarens Plum Cake. Finally found something I really enjoy, let hope it lasts more than two weeks.

Two weeks?  How many bowls have you already had for that lofty prediction?
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #563 on: June 06, 2014, 09:56:08 PM »

That's pretty good that the tell you when it is bed time.-----TRO-----Unfortunately, they also tell us when it's breakfast time.  And it isn't always when it's our breakfast time.  They have plenty of seeds and pellets, they just want the cover off and some petting and attention.  You have no idea how loud a 1.5 lb and a 2 lb bird can be.
I don't think that I want to find out.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #564 on: June 06, 2014, 09:56:51 PM »

[...]
Tom, I did the same. I think I just got 5 of the deals, but then after I got them I wished I would have got 10! I have not seen deals like that again. Most samplers have at least one so-so stick, and in a lot of cases more than one smoke that I don't want.
Logged

Geo

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • What is this place?
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #565 on: June 06, 2014, 09:57:50 PM »

[...]
Just finished off a La Bomba, this stick gets very tame after a few months down, I enjoy them and like the price…gotta go dig for something else…brb
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #566 on: June 06, 2014, 10:02:47 PM »

[...]
I agree.  I tried alot of samplers when I first started and ended up with a lot of give aways.
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #567 on: June 06, 2014, 10:04:34 PM »

The second wave of college kids just arrived to welcome my daughter home.  Getting the stink-eye from the warden.  I will try to check in later.  Good to see everyone.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #568 on: June 06, 2014, 10:07:49 PM »

The second wave of college kids just arrived to welcome my daughter home.  Getting the stink-eye from the warden.  I will try to check in later.  Good to see everyone.
Did they all show up empty handed?
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #569 on: June 06, 2014, 10:11:51 PM »

Enjoying a bowl of Macbarens Plum Cake. Finally found something I really enjoy, let hope it lasts more than two weeks.

Two weeks?  How many bowls have you already had for that lofty prediction?
this is my first of the plum cake. Had about 1/2 a dozen other blends that I didn't care much for.