« Reply #405 on: June 06, 2014, 03:50:45 PM »

Littlefish is gone aready?.....sheesh!
I mentioned the possibility of herfing next week and he got all nervous, started making excuses and bailed.
We'll see about that...
We could always include Flip, he might get off his ass to herf.  It's not like its a big commitment like CF...

« Reply #406 on: June 06, 2014, 03:52:31 PM »

So George, it seems the issue with the bleeding text had more to do with it being one long word.  Probably would have worked fine if you split it at, "KnowWhatIMean".  Basing it on Flip's text.
I'm usually used as a bad example i.e. there goes Flip, smoking them Gurks again, nice to do something right, once in a while like the following:JAMES McNEILL WHISTLER:
Yes, thank you. Right, Your Majesty is like a stream of bat's piss.
(gasps)
THE PRINCE OF WALES:
What?
JAMES McNEILL WHISTLER:
It was one of Wilde's.
OSCAR WILDE:
It sodding was not! It was Shaw!
THE PRINCE OF WALES:
Well, Mr. Shaw?
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW:
I, um, I, ah, I merely meant, Your Majesty, that, ah, you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark.
THE PRINCE OF WALES:
Oh, ho-ho, very good
lol Nothing like some culture. Might have to smoke me a ghurka tonight. There are certainly some good ones.
  Yes there are, and there are a few stinkers as well....
Worst cigar I ever had was a gurk. Definitely had something wrong with it. It was just FOUL! Still I'm not a hater. Used to be grumpy about the fact that there were so many constantly changing blends. But hey, no blend lasts forever. Eventually ya gotta move on to stock from a different crop.
  I agree with you, my best and worst cigars were gurkha's
Logged

Baby Face Finster

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Sorry about that!
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #407 on: June 06, 2014, 03:56:31 PM »

I see light at the end of the tunnel. Gonna pretend it's Jersey time and run screaming from here in just a bit. I see a bison steak an adult beverage and a good cigar in my near future.

« Reply #408 on: June 06, 2014, 03:59:01 PM »

[...]
Thats fine, but then you call it something else rather than trying to pass it off as an existing line.

« Reply #409 on: June 06, 2014, 04:05:36 PM »

[...]
I can agree with you on half of that statement...

« Reply #410 on: June 06, 2014, 04:08:20 PM »

Off to McDonalds for breakfast...when in a foreign country, I always try to hit MickyD's to see what odd items have been added to the menu. Illusione Rothchildes for my walk there...
Logged

Baby Face Finster

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Sorry about that!
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #411 on: June 06, 2014, 04:10:52 PM »

Worst cigar I ever had was a gurk. Definitely had something wrong with it. It was just FOUL! Still I'm not a hater. Used to be grumpy about the fact that there were so many constantly changing blends. But hey, no blend lasts forever. Eventually ya gotta move on to stock from a different crop.
Thats fine, but then you call it something else rather than trying to pass it off as an existing line.
[/quote]My point exactly. Gurkha always has a bunch of new lines rotating through. Other established brands have to re-blend and try to keep the same characteristics. Also I am inclined to blame mommy and daddy, heh I can actually say it Meier and Dutch, who always swoop in and resurrect brands and blends and pretend nothing has changed then sell 'em at CI and the sis. Plenty of gurks are actually Meier & Dutch cigars and not real Gurkhas. Haven't been for some years. And there is no comparison in quality and flavor between the  M&D knockoffs and the real deal.
Logged

Baby Face Finster

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Sorry about that!
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #412 on: June 06, 2014, 04:12:49 PM »

And with that rant I am no longer a noob! Time for a steak and a brew. Later Gents!

« Reply #413 on: June 06, 2014, 04:14:39 PM »

I'm out of here, hello nice quiet cigar on the deck, think if I stop by the florist(OK supermarket) for roses, the warden can be convinced they were on the table yesterday for our 20th anniversary?  Wife and daughter will be at dress rehearsal for Dance recital. yeah, that's the ticket. She got home yesterday, around 11pm, mad that my car was in the driveway, So I could convince her she missed them last night this morning and again when she got home around 2pm....  Hey wait spent 85 dollars for a bunch of salumeria items yesterday, better that roses, all her favorites too. Cost more than 3 dozen supermarket roses.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #414 on: June 06, 2014, 04:15:27 PM »

cutting loose with work - see you gents later

and I'm going to split firewood. later guys.
Getting ahead of the job Dean? June isn't usually a heating month, though it is can get cool.  Right, nice cigar by the fire, what was I thinking...

yes, what were you thinking? ha.
we do campfires most weekends and watch the sunset. VERY nice way to enjoy a cigar.

« Reply #415 on: June 06, 2014, 04:15:57 PM »

Off to McDonalds for breakfast...when in a foreign country, I always try to hit MickyD's to see what odd items have been added to the menu. Illusione Rothchildes for my walk there...
You don't have to go to a foreign country, Spam and two scoops of rice in Hawaii.

« Reply #416 on: June 06, 2014, 04:16:47 PM »

And with that rant I am no longer a noob! Time for a steak and a brew. Later Gents!
Congrats BFF!

« Reply #417 on: June 06, 2014, 04:22:36 PM »

LGC Churchill lit for D-Day.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #418 on: June 06, 2014, 04:22:42 PM »

And with that rant I am no longer a noob! Time for a steak and a brew. Later Gents!
Congrats BFF!
+1

« Reply #419 on: June 06, 2014, 04:24:53 PM »

LGC Churchill lit for D-Day.
Good on you, sir.  Now if we could just get Joe to open that whiskey.  Work sucks, and I'm stuck here for three more hours.