« Reply #345 on: June 06, 2014, 01:22:41 PM »

Just Wondering
• Why is an orange an orange and an apple not a red?
• Why is a pear called a pear when there is only one?
• Why did God give men nipples?
• Is grass really greener on the other side?
• Why do women, wear a pair of panties and only one bra?
• If Corn Oil comes from Corn, what does Baby Oil come from?
• If nothing sticks to Teflon, how do you get Teflon to stick to a pan?
• Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?
• Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?
• Why are cigarettes sold in gas stations when smoking is prohibited there?
• If 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, why are there locks on the doors?
• If a cow laughs, does milk come out it's nose?
• If you are driving at the speed of light and you turn on you headlights, what happens?
• You know how most packages say "Open here." What is the protocol if the package says, "Open somewhere else?"
• Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment , but when you transport something by ship it's called cargo?
• Why is it that when you are driving and looking for an address, you turn the radio down?
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #346 on: June 06, 2014, 01:26:15 PM »

Just posted on Halfwheel... appropriate since we were just talking about it yesterday:  http://halfwheel.com/cubatabaco-wins-appeal-general-cigar-cohiba-trademark/60171
Very interesting.  Didn't realize Cohiba didn't exist prior to '59.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cohiba_(cigar_brand)
Cohiba did not even exist as a brand until AFTER the revolution. So, it is not likely that some expatriate Cuban brought the name with them. General simply applied for a trademark, and got it, and has been making money from it, when in actuality, the General Cigar version has no relation whatsoever to the Cuban Cohiba.

I like this part:
          In a November 1992 interview, director of Cubatobaco Francisco Padrón indicated that in the event the American embargo of Cuban products were ended, return of the Cohiba brand name to Cubatobaco would be a prerequisite for any future distribution agreement with General Cigar Co. "The first condition is that they must pass the brand name to us. This is the first condition. Immediately. If not, forget about it," Padrón declared.

« Reply #347 on: June 06, 2014, 01:26:41 PM »

So back to the rest-stop shopping bag story. I'm with my BIL who's a cop in Elizabeth, NJ and a sniper and SWAT member. We're heading to Atlantic City for an annual cop convention (I post about it). We meet at a rest stop on the Garden State Parkway because I come from work and he from home. We pick up some redbull for the "open bar" in the car on the ride down and as we're walking out he sees a guy carrying a shopping bag into the rest stop. He says that if he was on duty he'd probably end up arresting that guy. I made the mistake of further inquiry and he says that it's a gay sex trick. They put the bag down in the stall and the "partner" stands in the bag and they go at it. You look under the stall and all you see is one pair of legs and a shopping bag. It's knowledge I'd rather not possess so I figured what better way to purge than to share it with you fine fellows. Drink up!
  next he'll treat us to a description of felching, and he questions Tony's it a nice day comment.
I remember Oy mentioning that and Joe saying he wished he'd never looked it up, still don't know (and don't want to know) what it is.
I found out through the Darwin awards, methane gas and hamsters were part of the story...

« Reply #348 on: June 06, 2014, 01:34:29 PM »

Just posted on Halfwheel... appropriate since we were just talking about it yesterday:  http://halfwheel.com/cubatabaco-wins-appeal-general-cigar-cohiba-trademark/60171
Very interesting.  Didn't realize Cohiba didn't exist prior to '59.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cohiba_(cigar_brand)
Cohiba did not even exist as a brand until AFTER the revolution. So, it is not likely that some expatriate Cuban brought the name with them. General simply applied for a trademark, and got it, and has been making money from it, when in actuality, the General Cigar version has no relation whatsoever to the Cuban Cohiba.
The embargo is an Executive Branch regulation, not legislative, so you'll always see EB entities like the PTO acting in accordance with the embargo and against Cuba...which is to say, giving Cuba the big middle finger.  Morning, Ken.
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #349 on: June 06, 2014, 01:34:47 PM »

[...]
and a broken nose
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #350 on: June 06, 2014, 01:36:21 PM »

[...]
Armageddon!

« Reply #351 on: June 06, 2014, 01:36:43 PM »

[...]
right, that's the story!
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #352 on: June 06, 2014, 01:45:20 PM »

Insatiable Gemma Walker likes sex. She loves it, in fact. And she wanted her neighbours to know when she did it.

The 31-year-olds raucous sex sessions of yells and "loud whoops" were likened to the famous fake orgasm scene in When Harry Met Sally.

But then came the complaints and Miss Walker was booted out of her home for noise.
Logged

Baby Face Finster

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Sorry about that!
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #353 on: June 06, 2014, 01:45:50 PM »

18
  Is that Farenheit, Centigrade or Celsius...
Sorry had some work to do,  the nerve os some people at work....
So you were answering the what temp to keep the wineador at right?
Wasn't thinking about that one either. 18c is in the ballpark.
If you pack yours like mine is it won't show the correct temp because of restricted air flow, mine usually says 54° but it's really at 65°. Even keeping them at 55° is not a big deal as I haven't had a problem with my stash for the last 3 years.
Thanks for the info Chip! I am really looking forward to stabilizing the environment, if nothing else. Here the days will get into the 90s and 100s soon, but the nights still cool down to the 50s and 60s. I really wanted to build my own, but I couldn't beat the price. Now I can do all the thermoelectric experiments at my leisure.
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #354 on: June 06, 2014, 02:05:06 PM »

cutting loose with work - see you gents later
Logged

TRO

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #355 on: June 06, 2014, 02:05:38 PM »

got a Punch BK picked out for the ride home

« Reply #356 on: June 06, 2014, 02:06:15 PM »

got a Punch BK picked out for the ride home
Later, Tom. Enjoy!

« Reply #357 on: June 06, 2014, 02:07:21 PM »

got a Punch BK picked out for the ride home
Have a good weekend Tom
Logged

Baby Face Finster

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Sorry about that!
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #358 on: June 06, 2014, 02:07:39 PM »

got a Punch BK picked out for the ride home
Enjoy!
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #359 on: June 06, 2014, 02:07:51 PM »

cutting loose with work - see you gents later

and I'm going to split firewood. later guys.