jswaykos

« Reply #285 on: June 06, 2014, 11:58:11 AM »

Ha! Hey Steve. Rough weekend ahead from a cigar and adult beverage standpoint. Have to help man the grill tonight at a "Block Party" at my kid's school, then baseball tomorrow followed by a baseball picnic. Birthday parties on Sunday, I'm going to have to be a fucking ninja to fit in drinking and cigars but I will
Not looking good for me either but I rarely get any cigars in over the weekend.  Btw, it's looking like Tuesday or Wednesday for me if you and JetLaggedDave are still game.
I'll have to look, could be a rough week for me. Good news is that, if we get together Dave will probably fall asleep early and we can loot the place!
Preemptive excuse is Tony's move.
When?  I ain't no Dan.
Dan never lays groundwork for a cancellation.  He cancels in advance with some lame excuse.

« Reply #286 on: June 06, 2014, 11:58:20 AM »

Ha! Hey Steve. Rough weekend ahead from a cigar and adult beverage standpoint. Have to help man the grill tonight at a "Block Party" at my kid's school, then baseball tomorrow followed by a baseball picnic. Birthday parties on Sunday, I'm going to have to be a fucking ninja to fit in drinking and cigars but I will
Not looking good for me either but I rarely get any cigars in over the weekend.  Btw, it's looking like Tuesday or Wednesday for me if you and JetLaggedDave are still game.
My Dad's bachelor party is Sunday.  Gonna be a real blowout...well, as big a blowout as you get when you're a preacher and you're 67.  Cuban cigars, old scotch, prime cuts of beef on the grill, lots of cold beer.  No strippers.
Wow.  I'd hope that by age 67 I'd be wise enough to know not to get married.  Is he looking to have more kids?   :D

We're talking about Bret's dad here. He probably wishes he didn't have the ones he already had! ;)
There were times...
Logged

Baby Face Finster

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Sorry about that!
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #287 on: June 06, 2014, 12:01:25 PM »

With Promo Code "happy", you can get an additional 10% off.  Total cost of $382.16.
[/quote]Gotta watch out for the "up to" in there. I only got 5%. But there was another discout applied before that one anyway. Got the shelves for $166.00 - 5%.
[/quote]Actually "happy" increased the 5% to 10% So ultimately the shelves were on sale for 166.20 minus the 10% for happy. Too happy to crunch numbers right now.

« Reply #288 on: June 06, 2014, 12:01:55 PM »

Ha! Hey Steve. Rough weekend ahead from a cigar and adult beverage standpoint. Have to help man the grill tonight at a "Block Party" at my kid's school, then baseball tomorrow followed by a baseball picnic. Birthday parties on Sunday, I'm going to have to be a fucking ninja to fit in drinking and cigars but I will
Not looking good for me either but I rarely get any cigars in over the weekend.  Btw, it's looking like Tuesday or Wednesday for me if you and JetLaggedDave are still game.
My Dad's bachelor party is Sunday.  Gonna be a real blowout...well, as big a blowout as you get when you're a preacher and you're 67.  Cuban cigars, old scotch, prime cuts of beef on the grill, lots of cold beer.  No strippers.
Wow.  I'd hope that by age 67 I'd be wise enough to know not to get married.  Is he looking to have more kids?   :D
No, just more sex. That, and she doesn't mind cigars and wants to buy him a Harley.  And she makes more money than him.
Papa ain't no fool!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #289 on: June 06, 2014, 12:02:13 PM »

[...]

Those are some nice benefits. So where does the lets get hitched part fit in?
Logged

Baby Face Finster

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Sorry about that!
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #290 on: June 06, 2014, 12:08:13 PM »

Nice! You won't regret it.

So, Dave (golfin or other), What's the minimum temp setting for these? Just saying if one were to go by the 70/70 rule, I'd figure the cooling part wouldn't really be necessary. So I'm guessing the humidity feature is the real benefit.

I know absolutely zero about wineadors, or the conversion of such.
Honestly, I don't even have the thing on. Not necessary, generally, since your house will usually be within a good temp range. Mine isn't even plugged in. Temp has never been out of range.
My place runs a little hot in the summer, 80ish, maybe higher. Heat aint bad here since it's so dry. AC costs add up, so the wineador will pay for itself if I cut the AC back a bit. At least that's the rationale. Or the self enabling part.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #291 on: June 06, 2014, 12:08:29 PM »

18
Always seems like the fastest page to go past.
still no sign of an order I placed with Tampa humi last week.  Are they always this slow?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #292 on: June 06, 2014, 12:09:11 PM »

18
Always seems like the fastest page to go past.
still no sign of an order I placed with Tampa humi last week.  Are they always this slow?
Email/call them.  Usually takes 1-2 days from when I place an order online for it to ship.  There's been an intance or two where they've forgotten to send delivery notification.

I usually call in orders.  They'll pull your order on the spot, usually while you're on the phone with them, and it'll go out that day.

« Reply #293 on: June 06, 2014, 12:10:11 PM »

[...]

You missed the part where I said he's a preacher?  Congregation wouldn't take kindly to shackin' up.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #294 on: June 06, 2014, 12:12:09 PM »

18
Always seems like the fastest page to go past.
still no sign of an order I placed with Tampa humi last week.  Are they always this slow?
Email/call them.  Usually takes 1-2 days from when I place an order online for it to ship.  There's been an intance or two where they've forgotten to send delivery notification.

I usually call in orders.  They'll pull your order on the spot, usually while you're on the phone with them, and it'll go out that day.
There's an idea.

« Reply #295 on: June 06, 2014, 12:12:16 PM »

Nice! You won't regret it.

So, Dave (golfin or other), What's the minimum temp setting for these? Just saying if one were to go by the 70/70 rule, I'd figure the cooling part wouldn't really be necessary. So I'm guessing the humidity feature is the real benefit.

I know absolutely zero about wineadors, or the conversion of such.
Honestly, I don't even have the thing on. Not necessary, generally, since your house will usually be within a good temp range. Mine isn't even plugged in. Temp has never been out of range.
My place runs a little hot in the summer, 80ish, maybe higher. Heat aint bad here since it's so dry. AC costs add up, so the wineador will pay for itself if I cut the AC back a bit. At least that's the rationale. Or the self enabling part.
It's been my experience that 80ish is where the beetles come into play.  I'd suggest keeping it at 67 if that's a possibility.

« Reply #296 on: June 06, 2014, 12:12:52 PM »

18
Always seems like the fastest page to go past.
still no sign of an order I placed with Tampa humi last week.  Are they always this slow?
Email/call them.  Usually takes 1-2 days from when I place an order online for it to ship.  There's been an intance or two where they've forgotten to send delivery notification.

I usually call in orders.  They'll pull your order on the spot, usually while you're on the phone with them, and it'll go out that day.
Did you call in the single order? I would've been embarassed to. :)

« Reply #297 on: June 06, 2014, 12:13:42 PM »

[...]

Temp on those things go up to 66, if I remember correctly.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #298 on: June 06, 2014, 12:14:11 PM »

Just posted on Halfwheel... appropriate since we were just talking about it yesterday:  http://halfwheel.com/cubatabaco-wins-appeal-general-cigar-cohiba-trademark/60171
Logged

Baby Face Finster

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Sorry about that!
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #299 on: June 06, 2014, 12:14:28 PM »

18
Masshole!  ;D
Thought you were being a wisenhammer! Page 18! Got it. Sorry FB. Guess I'm the masshole. That's what my mother used to call me anyway. Without the M of course.