Baby Face Finster

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Sorry about that!
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #255 on: June 06, 2014, 11:36:05 AM »

Nice! You won't regret it.

So, Dave (golfin or other), What's the minimum temp setting for these? Just saying if one were to go by the 70/70 rule, I'd figure the cooling part wouldn't really be necessary. So I'm guessing the humidity feature is the real benefit.

I know absolutely zero about wineadors, or the conversion of such.
Specs say the unit I just ordered can be set between 54 and 66 degrees. I always figured on shooting for 67% at 67deg. Should be close enough. Lots of the other units I looked at had a top temp of 55 or so. Too cold for stogies I think. What kind of numbers do you keep Golfy, Joe, anyone?
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #256 on: June 06, 2014, 11:36:44 AM »

18

« Reply #257 on: June 06, 2014, 11:37:07 AM »

Gentlemen:  Cello on or Cello off, just wanted to PW a bit....
We talking about women or cigars?  Morning, all.
Hiya Bret.  I prefer the cello on.  Helps last longer.  SCRRRRRRAAAAAAAPE!
I didn't know you played the cello.
From what I hear, he's a pro on the skin flute
I first read that and thought it was a dig at Bret, and laughed.  Now I'm not finding it so funny.
Haha. Never accused you of being quick on the uptake
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #258 on: June 06, 2014, 11:37:27 AM »

Morning, all.  Friday!
Morning Joe, Steve
Hey there, Scott.  Trip to the liquor store looms in the not so distant future.  Don't need anything but there's a cask strength wheat whiskey out that I've been wanting to try.  Think I'm well stocked on beers for the time being.
Hey Joe, I'll get to 2 shops today looking for new beers. Seems to be woven into my fabric of late
I'm hoping to make it out to the Ballast Point brewery on Saturday, I'll be in the area.
Well then you have to stop, how could you not?
They have Victory at Sea on tap at the moment, hoping they upgrade it to growler fill status!  If they do, I'll definitely stop.

Hells yeah!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #259 on: June 06, 2014, 11:38:30 AM »

Nice! You won't regret it.

So, Dave (golfin or other), What's the minimum temp setting for these? Just saying if one were to go by the 70/70 rule, I'd figure the cooling part wouldn't really be necessary. So I'm guessing the humidity feature is the real benefit.

I know absolutely zero about wineadors, or the conversion of such.
Specs say the unit I just ordered can be set between 54 and 66 degrees. I always figured on shooting for 67% at 67deg. Should be close enough. Lots of the other units I looked at had a top temp of 55 or so. Too cold for stogies I think. What kind of numbers do you keep Golfy, Joe, anyone?
I don't run the fan much, really messes with RH in the unit.  We don't really keep the house THAT warm.  Honestly, I think you're worrying a little too much.  It's not like all cigars have a hundred beetle eggs in them and the second you hit 71˚ they're all gonna hatch.  I worry most about relative humidity, which I keep between 65-67.  Temps just go along with the house, usually around 70ish in the closet the cabinet and wineador are in.  Sometimes 75ish.  Never had a problem.

For me, the biggest benefit of a wineador is the GREAT seal on it.  Plus they look cool!
Logged

Baby Face Finster

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Sorry about that!
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #260 on: June 06, 2014, 11:38:36 AM »

On a more serious note, I need some help enabling. Been looking at a AW-280E NewAir Classic 28 $239.95 w/ free shipping at air & water. I know at least one of you guys has one. They also offer a full set, 2 Drawers + 4 Shelves, all Spanish Cedar for an additional $175.00. Thoughts?
With Promo Code "happy", you can get an additional 10% off.  Total cost of $382.16.
Gotta watch out for the "up to" in there. I only got 5%. But there was another discout applied before that one anyway. Got the shelves for $166.00 - 5%.

« Reply #261 on: June 06, 2014, 11:38:47 AM »

Ha! Hey Steve. Rough weekend ahead from a cigar and adult beverage standpoint. Have to help man the grill tonight at a "Block Party" at my kid's school, then baseball tomorrow followed by a baseball picnic. Birthday parties on Sunday, I'm going to have to be a fucking ninja to fit in drinking and cigars but I will
Not looking good for me either but I rarely get any cigars in over the weekend.  Btw, it's looking like Tuesday or Wednesday for me if you and JetLaggedDave are still game.
I'll have to look, could be a rough week for me. Good news is that, if we get together Dave will probably fall asleep early and we can loot the place!
Logged

Baby Face Finster

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Sorry about that!
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #262 on: June 06, 2014, 11:39:35 AM »

« Reply #263 on: June 06, 2014, 11:39:47 AM »

Gentlemen:  Cello on or Cello off, just wanted to PW a bit....
We talking about women or cigars?  Morning, all.
Hiya Bret.  I prefer the cello on.  Helps last longer.  SCRRRRRRAAAAAAAPE!
I didn't know you played the cello.
From what I hear, he's a pro on the skin flute
Don't believe what you hear when you're cruising men's rooms, Scott.

« Reply #264 on: June 06, 2014, 11:39:52 AM »

Out for lunch trip bbl

« Reply #265 on: June 06, 2014, 11:40:08 AM »

I keep thinking those are Nica Rusticas on cigar.com's DailyDeal#2.  I should close that tab already.

« Reply #266 on: June 06, 2014, 11:41:47 AM »

Gentlemen:  Cello on or Cello off, just wanted to PW a bit....
We talking about women or cigars?  Morning, all.
Hiya Bret.  I prefer the cello on.  Helps last longer.  SCRRRRRRAAAAAAAPE!
I didn't know you played the cello.
From what I hear, he's a pro on the skin flute
Don't believe what you hear when you're cruising men's rooms, Scott.
Remind me when I get back to tell you guys about the rest stop men's room and shopping bags, true police story. Eat a light lunch

« Reply #267 on: June 06, 2014, 11:42:26 AM »

Gentlemen:  Cello on or Cello off, just wanted to PW a bit....
We talking about women or cigars?  Morning, all.
Hiya Bret.  I prefer the cello on.  Helps last longer.  SCRRRRRRAAAAAAAPE!
I didn't know you played the cello.
From what I hear, he's a pro on the skin flute
I first read that and thought it was a dig at Bret, and laughed.  Now I'm not finding it so funny.
Haha. Never accused you of being quick on the uptake
And I just keep feeding you ammunition...

« Reply #268 on: June 06, 2014, 11:43:29 AM »

Nice! You won't regret it.

So, Dave (golfin or other), What's the minimum temp setting for these? Just saying if one were to go by the 70/70 rule, I'd figure the cooling part wouldn't really be necessary. So I'm guessing the humidity feature is the real benefit.

I know absolutely zero about wineadors, or the conversion of such.
Honestly, I don't even have the thing on. Not necessary, generally, since your house will usually be within a good temp range. Mine isn't even plugged in. Temp has never been out of range.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #269 on: June 06, 2014, 11:43:46 AM »

Morning, all.  Friday!
Morning Joe, Steve

Hey, Scott. Any plans for the weekend? You know, cigars and booze. Not That I don't care about your family. ;)
Ha! Hey Steve. Rough weekend ahead from a cigar and adult beverage standpoint. Have to help man the grill tonight at a "Block Party" at my kid's school, then baseball tomorrow followed by a baseball picnic. Birthday parties on Sunday, I'm going to have to be a fucking ninja to fit in drinking and cigars but I will

That sounds like a nice family weekend. Need to top if off with a trip to Bed, Bath and Beyond... "I don't know. If you have time." :)

And actually grilling is one of my favorite time to smoke one. I mean, your already gonna smell of smoke, and those kids aren't gonna know any better cause it's almost impossible to fuck up a hot dog. Most of your nicer grills also have a side table. Perfect for sitting a nice cool beverage. I say, game on! haha.
I gotta admit, that was a pretty fucking funny post Steve, now fuck-off! :-0

HA! I'm not sure what the face at the end is supposed to be, but it looks like that blow-up doll face Tony posted the other day.