« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2014, 06:48:33 AM »

There are fewer than 1 Million WW II Vets alive today with an average age of about 91 and they are passing at a rate of over 500 per day. If you know one or see one please thank them and do something special for them.
Indeed, Fathers Day and his birthday are next week!

Hope you will be able to spend some time with him.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2014, 06:49:45 AM »

There are fewer than 1 Million WW II Vets alive today with an average age of about 91 and they are passing at a rate of over 500 per day. If you know one or see one please thank them and do something special for them.
Indeed, Fathers Day and his birthday are next week!
Your Father was there?
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2014, 06:50:52 AM »

There are fewer than 1 Million WW II Vets alive today with an average age of about 91 and they are passing at a rate of over 500 per day. If you know one or see one please thank them and do something special for them.
Indeed, Fathers Day and his birthday are next week!
My brothers father in law was at Iwo Jima, very nice military funeral for him a couple of years ago.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/6/2014
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2014, 06:53:31 AM »

Time to go to lurk mode for the next couple of hours.

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2014, 07:06:27 AM »

Time to go to lurk mode for the next couple of hours.
Later, Chip.

« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2014, 07:18:15 AM »

There are fewer than 1 Million WW II Vets alive today with an average age of about 91 and they are passing at a rate of over 500 per day. If you know one or see one please thank them and do something special for them.
Indeed, Fathers Day and his birthday are next week!
My brothers father in law was at Iwo Jima, very nice military funeral for him a couple of years ago.

My FIL passed away 4 years and fought at the Battle of the Bulge a month after his 18th Birthday.  My Father who would have celebrated his 100th Birthday last month was a Glider Pilot.

« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2014, 07:24:11 AM »

There are fewer than 1 Million WW II Vets alive today with an average age of about 91 and they are passing at a rate of over 500 per day. If you know one or see one please thank them and do something special for them.
Indeed, Fathers Day and his birthday are next week!
My brothers father in law was at Iwo Jima, very nice military funeral for him a couple of years ago.

My FIL passed away 4 years and fought at the Battle of the Bulge a month after his 18th Birthday.  My Father who would have celebrated his 100th Birthday last month was a Glider Pilot.
Wow.  He must have had stories.  Glad he stuck around until 96.  God rest his soul.

« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2014, 07:25:07 AM »

And good morning to all.

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2014, 07:26:34 AM »

« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2014, 07:26:41 AM »

Good morning all and Happy Friday

« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2014, 07:29:15 AM »

There are fewer than 1 Million WW II Vets alive today with an average age of about 91 and they are passing at a rate of over 500 per day. If you know one or see one please thank them and do something special for them.
Indeed, Fathers Day and his birthday are next week!
Your Father was there?
Not in the European theater....he was in the Pacific

« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2014, 07:29:57 AM »

Good morning, Dave, Scott, TX Dave, NJDave, Deano and lurking Chip.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2014, 07:36:31 AM »

morning guys. rough long night. I need some sleep. my friend that was waiting on a liver and kidney transplant passed away last night. her years of suffering are over as are those of her family. they took her off life support around 10pm, she lasted about two hours. got home around 4:30 this morning. heading out to have breakfast with my daughter. sorry for the downer greeting but everything is really for the best.

« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2014, 07:38:12 AM »

So NJDave, provided mine is the most recent post - right under it and a bit to the right, will be a "reply" "notify" ... "print".  These same tabs exist at the top of the screen too.  THESE "reply" allow you to create a post without quoting a previous one.  It's different from the quick reply because it gives you the ability to do all the fancy fonts and smileys too.  Hope that helps.

« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2014, 07:39:25 AM »

morning guys. rough long night. I need some sleep. my friend that was waiting on a liver and kidney transplant passed away last night. her years of suffering are over as are those of her family. they took her off life support around 10pm, she lasted about two hours. got home around 4:30 this morning. heading out to have breakfast with my daughter. sorry for the downer greeting but everything is really for the best.
My sincere condolences, Dean.  Get some rest yourself today.