Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Ten years ago: President Barack Obama convened a health care summit with Democrats and Republicans; after a day of debate and disagreement, the president concluded the talkfest with a bleak assessment that an accord might not be possible. In Vancouver, the Canadian women beat the United States 2-0 for their third straight Olympic hockey title. Americans Billy Demong and Johnny Spillane finished 1-2 in a Nordic combined race. Yuna Kim of South Korea won ladies’ figure skating.

Five years ago: Secretary of State John Kerry fielded dozens of questions from House Foreign Affairs Committee members worried about what Iran could get in a deal being negotiated to block its ability to make an atomic weapon.

One year ago: R&B star R. Kelly pleaded not guilty to allegations that he sexually abused four people dating back to 1998, including three underage girls. The Trump administration announced new sanctions on allies of Venezuela’s Nicolas Maduro as it struggled to find new ways to boost his opponent. Responding to director Spike Lee, who had used an Oscars acceptance speech to urge mobilization for the 2020 election, President Donald Trump tweeted that Lee did a “racist hit on your President.”

Today’s Birthdays:

Actress Ann McCrea is 89.
Actor Tom Courtenay is 83.
Former CBS newsman Bob Schieffer is 83.
Actress Diane Baker is 82.
Actress Karen Grassle is 78.
Former talk show host Sally Jessy Raphael is 78.
Former professional wrestler Ric Flair is 71.
Humorist Jack Handey is 71.
Movie director Neil Jordan is 70.
Rock singer-musician/actor John Doe (X) is 67.
Rock musician Dennis Diken (The Smithereens) is 63.
Rock singer-musician Mike Peters (The Alarm; Big Country) is 61.
Comedian Carrot Top is 55.
Actress Veronica Webb is 55.
Actor Alexis Denisof is 54.
Actress Tea (TAY’-ah) Leoni is 54.
Actress Lesley Boone is 52.
Actor Sean Astin is 49.
Singer Daniel Powter is 49.
 Latin singer Julio Iglesias Jr. is 47.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Justin Jeffre is 47.
Rock musician Richard Liles is 47.
Actor Anson Mount is 47.
Comedian-actress Chelsea Handler is 45.
Actress Rashida Jones is 44.
Country singer Shawna Thompson (Thompson Square) is 42.
Actor Justin Berfield is 34.
Actors James and Oliver Phelps (”Harry Potter” movies) are 34.
Actress Jameela Jamil is 34.
Rock musician Erik Haager (Carolina Liar) is 33.

Thought for Today: “Hero-worship is strongest where there is least regard for human freedom.” [–] Herbert Spencer, British philosopher (1820-1903).

Morning Dave, Rick, Tony and Deano.
good morning Dave.

Good morning OneManWorking&OthersPlayingOnTheirComputers.  It would be cool to have a game on this thing.
Talk to your IT department, maybe they can slip something on for you.  Microsoft usually has a package of a few in their software packages.  Or, just download on your phone.  No need to play WoeIsMeBean.
The preloaded stuff is BS like solitaire and candy crush.  I need a real game like Doom or Halo.  I'll check with HR first.
That is a different story, now isn't it. If you want those kinds of games, just buy and install.  If you want to be cheapy cheapo, pick up an earlier version used at GameStop or something.  New versions are not discounted and there is no free shipping.

OK, all caught up, now on to my daily banter chores.
Your PWing is already above and beyond.
Why thank you LTG, kind of you to notice.

OK, all caught up, now on to my daily banter chores.
Need to earn my tiger paws!
Happy Fat Tuesday!
Or as I call it, Tuesday!
A couple of us are members of that club.

Thought for Today: “Hero-worship is strongest where there is least regard for human freedom.” [–] Herbert Spencer, British philosopher (1820-1903).

Morning Dave, Rick, Tony and Deano.
Good morning, ClemsonDave.

OK, all caught up, now on to my daily banter chores.
Need to earn my tiger paws!
Happy Fat Tuesday!
Or as I call it, Tuesday!
A couple of us are members of that club.
I hope you weren't calling me fat...

OK, all caught up, now on to my daily banter chores.
Need to earn my tiger paws!
Happy Fat Tuesday!
Or as I call it, Tuesday!
A couple of us are members of that club.
I hope you weren't calling me fat...
I say you take away his paws. :D

OK, all caught up, now on to my daily banter chores.
Need to earn my tiger paws!
Happy Fat Tuesday!
Or as I call it, Tuesday!
A couple of us are members of that club.
I hope you weren't calling me fat...
I say you take away his paws. :D
Those are some fat paws too.

OK, all caught up, now on to my daily banter chores.
Need to earn my tiger paws!
Happy Fat Tuesday!
Or as I call it, Tuesday!
A couple of us are members of that club.
The Paczki club?

Pick up your Fastnacht donuts Tony?

Pick up your Fastnacht donuts Tony?
How about a King Cake?  Got me a nice piece of carrot cake as substitute this evening.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10