CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 8/15/2021  (Read 1403 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 8/15/2021
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2021, 01:52:10 PM »

Good morning, Dean and Dave.

Fell back to sleep for a little and then started working on some errands I missed while herfing yesterday. I'll post my lineup of AJF cigars in a little bit...
I started with an Oval Connecticut corona on the car ride to the herf. Then, I lit a Rosa de Guadalupe as I walked in. I was actually the first one to arrive. But Brad doesn't like when I smoke internet sticks so then I dipped into his stash. The H. Upmann 175th kinda sat me down because I hadn't eaten anything at that point. Flavors were awesome though. It was churchill and I didn't want it to end...
Then there was the second batch. Started with an Oval maduro from 2012. The cellophane was amber. Next one (unbanded) is an AJ bundle stick he makes for Altadis. It is box-pressed but similar to the Ramon Allones. Might be my favorite stick of the day. Then the last one I had was a San Lotano Bull from 2015.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2021, 01:54:40 PM »

Starting off with a JdN Antanio Connie.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2021, 01:57:07 PM »

Starting off with a JdN Antanio Connie.
Remember this as being pretty uninteresting.  And it still is.  But I got 'em, I'll smoke 'em.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2021, 01:59:32 PM »

Fell back to sleep for a little and then started working on some errands I missed while herfing yesterday. I'll post my lineup of AJF cigars in a little bit...
I started with an Oval Connecticut corona on the car ride to the herf. Then, I lit a Rosa de Guadalupe as I walked in. I was actually the first one to arrive. But Brad doesn't like when I smoke internet sticks so then I dipped into his stash. The H. Upmann 175th kinda sat me down because I hadn't eaten anything at that point. Flavors were awesome though. It was churchill and I didn't want it to end...
All good ones, sounds like you had a good time.
When is Brad going to hook you up with some nice pre-releases?
We smoked a lot of old sticks. I just assume there are no new good cigars being released.

No - all kidding aside, nothing new today but he had shared the Ramon Allones before it actually came out. Even gave us an Allones cigar cutter that time. He just asked us not to post any photos before they were officially released.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2021, 02:22:35 PM »

I would think an "internet stick" blended and made by AJ is better than a "made for" stick for somebody else, like the H. Upmann.
That particular Upmann is blended by AJ.
Yes, I know, but he probably used primarily their tobacco's, and I believe its made in their factory, so less profit for AJ's company.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2021, 02:23:54 PM »

Then there was the second batch. Started with an Oval maduro from 2012. The cellophane was amber. Next one (unbanded) is an AJ bundle stick he makes for Altadis. It is box-pressed but similar to the Ramon Allones. Might be my favorite stick of the day. Then the last one I had was a San Lotano Bull from 2015.
Making up for lost time!  Good for you.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2021, 02:46:46 PM »

I would think an "internet stick" blended and made by AJ is better than a "made for" stick for somebody else, like the H. Upmann.
That particular Upmann is blended by AJ.
Yes, I know, but he probably used primarily their tobacco's, and I believe its made in their factory, so less profit for AJ's company.
Agreed  I forgot to mention that one of the herf's guests is an Altadis rep.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2021, 05:09:04 PM »

This will take a few days to smoke.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2021, 06:44:19 PM »

Relighting the next day is never too pleasant but that does look like a fine cigar that won't end any time soon.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2021, 08:56:03 PM »

We're just about wrapping up another week. Here's wishing you all a great upcoming week also.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2021, 09:14:05 PM »

Archetype

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2021, 09:17:27 PM »

Whiskey will get you before you finish that one...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2021, 09:18:45 PM »

Archetype

Have you stocked up when the page had good deals on them?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2021, 09:38:03 PM »

Archetype

Have you stocked up when the page had good deals on them?
I got 10 to try the first time I bought some. I'd definitely restock at the right price.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2021, 09:54:40 PM »

Into the evening.
Pages: 1 2 [3]