Pages: 1 2 [3]

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2021, 01:52:10 PM »

Good morning, Dean and Dave.

Fell back to sleep for a little and then started working on some errands I missed while herfing yesterday. I'll post my lineup of AJF cigars in a little bit...
I started with an Oval Connecticut corona on the car ride to the herf. Then, I lit a Rosa de Guadalupe as I walked in. I was actually the first one to arrive. But Brad doesn't like when I smoke internet sticks so then I dipped into his stash. The H. Upmann 175th kinda sat me down because I hadn't eaten anything at that point. Flavors were awesome though. It was churchill and I didn't want it to end...
Then there was the second batch. Started with an Oval maduro from 2012. The cellophane was amber. Next one (unbanded) is an AJ bundle stick he makes for Altadis. It is box-pressed but similar to the Ramon Allones. Might be my favorite stick of the day. Then the last one I had was a San Lotano Bull from 2015.

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2021, 01:54:40 PM »

Starting off with a JdN Antanio Connie.

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2021, 01:57:07 PM »

Starting off with a JdN Antanio Connie.
Remember this as being pretty uninteresting.  And it still is.  But I got 'em, I'll smoke 'em.

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2021, 01:59:32 PM »

Good morning, Dean and Dave.

Fell back to sleep for a little and then started working on some errands I missed while herfing yesterday. I'll post my lineup of AJF cigars in a little bit...
I started with an Oval Connecticut corona on the car ride to the herf. Then, I lit a Rosa de Guadalupe as I walked in. I was actually the first one to arrive. But Brad doesn't like when I smoke internet sticks so then I dipped into his stash. The H. Upmann 175th kinda sat me down because I hadn't eaten anything at that point. Flavors were awesome though. It was churchill and I didn't want it to end...
All good ones, sounds like you had a good time.
When is Brad going to hook you up with some nice pre-releases?
We smoked a lot of old sticks. I just assume there are no new good cigars being released.

No - all kidding aside, nothing new today but he had shared the Ramon Allones before it actually came out. Even gave us an Allones cigar cutter that time. He just asked us not to post any photos before they were officially released.

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2021, 02:22:35 PM »

Good morning, Dean and Dave.

Fell back to sleep for a little and then started working on some errands I missed while herfing yesterday. I'll post my lineup of AJF cigars in a little bit...
I started with an Oval Connecticut corona on the car ride to the herf. Then, I lit a Rosa de Guadalupe as I walked in. I was actually the first one to arrive. But Brad doesn't like when I smoke internet sticks so then I dipped into his stash. The H. Upmann 175th kinda sat me down because I hadn't eaten anything at that point. Flavors were awesome though. It was churchill and I didn't want it to end...
I would think an "internet stick" blended and made by AJ is better than a "made for" stick for somebody else, like the H. Upmann.
That particular Upmann is blended by AJ.
Yes, I know, but he probably used primarily their tobacco's, and I believe its made in their factory, so less profit for AJ's company.

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2021, 02:23:54 PM »

[...]

Making up for lost time!  Good for you.

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2021, 02:46:46 PM »

[...]

Agreed  I forgot to mention that one of the herf's guests is an Altadis rep.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 8/15/2021
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2021, 05:09:04 PM »

This will take a few days to smoke.

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2021, 06:44:19 PM »

This will take a few days to smoke.
Relighting the next day is never too pleasant but that does look like a fine cigar that won't end any time soon.

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2021, 08:56:03 PM »

We're just about wrapping up another week. Here's wishing you all a great upcoming week also.

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2021, 09:14:05 PM »

Archetype

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2021, 09:17:27 PM »

This will take a few days to smoke.
Whiskey will get you before you finish that one...

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2021, 09:18:45 PM »

Archetype

Have you stocked up when the page had good deals on them?

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2021, 09:38:03 PM »

Archetype

Have you stocked up when the page had good deals on them?
I got 10 to try the first time I bought some. I'd definitely restock at the right price.

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2021, 09:54:40 PM »

Into the evening.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]